Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

something something never skip leg day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

Finally. Scheduled for first dose of Moderna on Tuesday at 4:20.

Where my Moderna heads at?

:hfive:

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
RATM pushed back their tour to 2022

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

To be fair that was my reaction to the Popeye's chicken sandwich as well

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

bobjr posted:

I guess I got lucky in that the shot seemed like normal flu shot size. Which is nice because for whatever reason needles in general do make me nervous.

Yeah, I'm only through one shot, but it was a completely normal looking needle and I didn't even feel it despite absolutely hating shots/needles. Moderna vs. Pfizer thing?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

iwentdoodie posted:

Saw, but all the needles in the pit have vaccines in them.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1380004981936373760

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I had thought about seeing RATM back when they first announced that tour, then I saw that lawn seats were loving 85 dollars lmao.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pops Mgee posted:

I had thought about seeing RATM back when they first announced that tour, then I saw that lawn seats were loving 85 dollars lmao.

They caught quite a bit of flack when it was pointed out that they were charging higher prices face value than a more “mainstream” artist like Taylor Swift of Beyoncé in the same venues.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pops Mgee posted:

I bought floor tickets because I thought it couldn’t be coming at a better moment on the political scene. Then Bernie lost and Covid hit and weeeeeeeeeeeee.

Still gonna go whenever the drat thing finally happens, sunk cost fallacy all day baby!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ZuluDashOne posted:

RATM pushed back their tour to 2022

I love review brah

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

dirty shrimp money posted:

To be fair that was my reaction to the Popeye's chicken sandwich as well

I liked it but the hype was unwarranted and man that Wendy's spicy chicken is still the real deal

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Intruder posted:

I liked it but the hype was unwarranted and man that Wendy's spicy chicken is still the real deal

Yeah, Wendy's spicy chicken is still #1 but Popeye's spicy is pretty good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So my wife and I have different hours at work and about once a week the hours line up so badly that I just get takeout and she just makes her own thing. There's this great place nearby that I like that has just loving incredible french fries, and the past however many weeks she's been pressuring me to get food from them every single time I get takeout because she loves stealing the fries. poo poo's good but I'm getting sick of it.

They do this sandwich called an Ares, It's a Pita with gyro meat, souvlaki, feta and roasted onion. It tastes incredible but I swear to God it feels like you're eating 6 lb of concrete.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

please mail me one of those sandwiches tia

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I absolutely hate the term woke as a pejorative but this woman went for the wokearound and ended up with insane nationalism lol

Hot Diggity! posted:

YOOO WHERE MY PFREAKS AT

LETS GO BABY

Pops Mgee posted:

We went to the ER for something in early 2020 the day after the tickets went on sale and the nurse was so psyched about getting tickets to see RatM. Poor guy :smith:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The media has been very desirous that a non-CFL chicken sandwich do well. There is a little hope invested in the Popeye's chicken sandwich, and it got a lot of credit that it didn't deserve.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

please mail me one of those sandwiches tia

If I wanted to live to a ripe old age I wouldn't be eating them. I don't even want to know how many calories the loving thing is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I went to a Nashville hot chicken place that just opened here and they have a Supreme heat level that they make you sign a waiver to buy.

It was a mistake

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Got my second shot about 25 hours ago (I'm a Pfizer Pfellow) and my body and mind feel as if they were moving through molasses

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is this the most dystopian tweet of all time?

https://twitter.com/hunterschwarz/status/1380205296300257280

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/PghPublicSafety/status/1380178212005810180/photo/1
People freaking out because of a harmless Black Rat Snake at our local park
Update: https://twitter.com/WPXI/status/1380199846024515588

Slow news day, this happened last year when a black bear was chilling in a neighborhood and the year before when a couple of alligators showed up (which lead to a large reptile ban in the city)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I went to a Nashville hot chicken place that just opened here and they have a Supreme heat level that they make you sign a waiver to buy.

It was a mistake

I've also fallen for the siren song of a new hot chicken place, though I didn't have to sign a waiver so godspeed

A friend recommended it and the heat level so I ate it, was destroyed by it, then ordered it several more times and now the spice isn't that bad because I've gotten used to it

They also have an incredible pepperjack mac and cheese side

e: it's called Tumble 22, no idea how pervasive the chain is

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 8, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

It was a mistake

I went on a quest for about three or four years to find a truly good chicken sandwich in Cincinnati. I still haven't found a 10/10. Jeolla's was amazing the first time I went and I got all excited, but I think it was just a fluke, I went back a few other times to a few different branches and it was always just okay after that first sandwich.

I will say it's a huge mess and it stinks up the house, but if you brine chicken before you fry it you can make a pretty good fried chicken sandwich at home.

Best fried chicken I've ever had was actually in Taipei, Hot Star chicken is one of those places where it's world famous and you assume it doesn't live up to the reputation, but it really does.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

how the gently caress can you own a four year old tweet

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Looking at her twitter page she's got a poo poo ton of tweets about the necessity of reparations, so I think she just believes the government shouldn't do anything at all until they've done that. Not something i directly agree with but there's a lot worse things to be a single issue voter one.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

I've also fallen for the siren song of a new hot chicken place, though I didn't have to sign a waiver so godspeed

A friend recommended it and the heat level so I ate it, was destroyed by it, then ordered it several more times and now the spice isn't that bad because I've gotten used to it

They also have an incredible pepperjack mac and cheese side

e: it's called Tumble 22, no idea how pervasive the chain is

Yeah a friend had the spiciest level at a new local hot chicken place and warned my wife and I not to order it because it was so insanely spicy

And I said nothing but could absolutely feel the "because it's there!!" expression take over my face

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m hungry, don’t know what I want for lunch yet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m hungry, don’t know what I want for lunch yet

Bao

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

I don't want to delve into ADTRW but Attack on Titan ended and lol it's loving awful

So did they save Titan or not?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

So did they save Titan or not?

The Titans were these guys, and the humans tried to attack them, it didn't go well

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IndelibleBlandElkhound-mobile.mp4

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
isn't that the fashy anime?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

The Titans were these guys, and the humans tried to attack them, it didn't go well

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IndelibleBlandElkhound-mobile.mp4

Yeah I've seen the first season. It was okay.

Its Rinaldo posted:

isn't that the fashy anime?

It just seemed like a typical anime about people fighting in robot suits, except the robots are made of meat in this case.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's fun how throughout that clip absolutely nobody bothers to tend to the "injured" player lol, it's almost like they all know he's fine

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

Yeah I've seen the first season. It was okay.

It just seemed like a typical anime about people fighting in robot suits, except the robots are made of meat in this case.

Ah, I'd read a synopsis about the plot and saw some criticisms about the themes and that seemed plausible since a lot of anime has these only the strong and pure of blood and will poo poo going on even if they try to dress it up with underage ninja cat girl nurses

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Ah, I'd read a synopsis about the plot and saw some criticisms about the themes and that seemed plausible since a lot of anime has these only the strong and pure of blood and will poo poo going on even if they try to dress it up with underage ninja cat girl nurses

There's definitely plenty of subtext and the writer is at best using... tortured references, so yeah, there's a reason 4chan nazis love it.

It's no Hetalia: Axis Powers though!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I've heard similar criticisms of Legend of the Galactic Heroes but was never sure whether they're valid or just poo poo stirring.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

The media has been very desirous that a non-CFL chicken sandwich do well. There is a little hope invested in the Popeye's chicken sandwich, and it got a lot of credit that it didn't deserve.
Hardee's/Carl's Jr has a good chicken sandwich in the Big Chicken unless their quality has dropped.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the real answers are probably terra formars (cockroaches evolved into humanoids on mars, mysteriously look like black people) or gate (the jsdf has to guard a portal that goes into another world with elves and poo poo, probably sponsored/financed by the actual jsdf in some way)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

General Dog posted:

We talking Evangelion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

I've heard similar criticisms of Legend of the Galactic Heroes but was never sure whether they're valid or just poo poo stirring.

LoGH has very pointed criticisms of democracy throughout... but uh the show is nothing but an endless parade of the good characters renouncing nationalism and militarism as profound evils, while all the dipshit evil characters revel in it.