Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'm just looking for an excuse to lose this Chimera I used as my lifeboat to escape Deklein from in 2016. Is Firv even still playing the game?

Got you beat. The wyvern I'm trying to lose was built by Niart Epar (pre-fuckgoons, obv) in Delve the first time we owned it, with large rigs. It's vintage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Somebody mentioned burning phorde space recently and it occurred to me: what does it say about the state of 0.0 that somebody can leave their space empire for 9+ months and nobody will even bother to take it?

Or are they bluetral to everyone over there?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hexel posted:

Somebody mentioned burning phorde space recently and it occurred to me: what does it say about the state of 0.0 that somebody can leave their space empire for 9+ months and nobody will even bother to take it?

Or are they bluetral to everyone over there?

theyre straight up blue to everyone up there

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
The entire universe is blue to each other, other than the Imperium + Red Alliance.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i've never played this game when we weren't at war with the rest of the galaxy and i imagine it is boring

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stereotype posted:

i've never played this game when we weren't at war with the rest of the galaxy and i imagine it is boring

its fun to stack paper and have people to go drop on instead of everyone being clustered in either 1dq or t5z

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Our enemy are some of the most risk-averse bitchmade beings that have ever spun in a ship within Eve's confines. I don't do horse betting, but I'm willing to put a lot on a horse saying that they will never seriously push 1DQ because regardless of the sovereignty outcome, it would cost them hundreds of caps and thousands of subcaps - a bill they were never planning to foot when they initiated this war.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

After 15 years of playing by lurking I think it's time to lose the game for the first time and actually play for real. I mostly just want to toddle around and look at nebulas :keke:

e: what race do I choose? Does it matter?

Laopooh fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 8, 2021

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I installed this game because of ads on Facebook told me there would be solo PvE available. Abyssal poo poo was fun when I started but expensive. I joined Waffe a month after the war of 2018 started and was then in constant FOMO watching other people have and do things and in general was an entitled cockface. The war ended and the ability to scale PvE through a somewhat large multiboxing ice mining setup that could pretty much earn 600m an hour with impunity spoiled me on lower income activities. I quit PvE 12/1/19 extracting my rorq skills for a titan alt.

I sold my titans to the alliance for war bonds, so the 156 of those aren't involved in that estimate. Game is broken and the industry changes being able to stem the tide of making dumb poo poo like my net worth possible in less than three years of playing the game is good for the game.

The point is, when there isn't a war like what is happening now going on we have the ability to just earn isk in unreasonable amounts and it can be boring if you only like the conflict aspect. Gatecamps still happen, GEF deployments will be coming Im sure and there are several sigs that have remote deployments youll be able to get in on for PvP.

Laopooh: I did the same thing and I can absolutely tell you this game is better with friends. Nebulae are neat, definitely do some sightseeing but also get a group that can meet your social needs, or youll burn out quickly.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Micromancer posted:

I installed this game because of ads on Facebook told me there would be solo PvE available. Abyssal poo poo was fun when I started but expensive. I joined Waffe a month after the war of 2018 started and was then in constant FOMO watching other people have and do things and in general was an entitled cockface. The war ended and the ability to scale PvE through a somewhat large multiboxing ice mining setup that could pretty much earn 600m an hour with impunity spoiled me on lower income activities. I quit PvE 12/1/19 extracting my rorq skills for a titan alt.

I sold my titans to the alliance for war bonds, so the 156 of those aren't involved in that estimate. Game is broken and the industry changes being able to stem the tide of making dumb poo poo like my net worth possible in less than three years of playing the game is good for the game.

The point is, when there isn't a war like what is happening now going on we have the ability to just earn isk in unreasonable amounts and it can be boring if you only like the conflict aspect. Gatecamps still happen, GEF deployments will be coming Im sure and there are several sigs that have remote deployments youll be able to get in on for PvP.

Laopooh: I did the same thing and I can absolutely tell you this game is better with friends. Nebulae are neat, definitely do some sightseeing but also get a group that can meet your social needs, or youll burn out quickly.

Here in my garage with my Lamborghini titans

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Laopooh posted:

After 15 years of playing by lurking I think it's time to lose the game for the first time and actually play for real. I mostly just want to toddle around and look at nebulas :keke:

e: what race do I choose? Does it matter?

your starting empire doesn't really matter, it just sort of effects your first half a million skillpoints and where your school station is.

as a note you really should use a referral link to sign up for the first time because it gives you a free million extra skillpoints, which is a lot.

https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=a2a7a9af-1ffe-49ed-8326-cce274d4087b

also you should join goons because we'll give you free stuff for being a cute newbee. welcome to eve online!

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Stereotype posted:

It is mostly like W6V if you go on deployment, but with the added benefit of being able to go do pee vee rock and just shooting people to shoot them (i.e. no ihub timers).

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Micromancer posted:

I sold my titans to the alliance for war bonds, so the 156 of those aren't involved in that estimate.

Hold on, you owned 156 titans which you sold for warbonds at the pre-upcoming capital industry changes prices meant to quadruple their prices?:randstare:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Hold on, you owned 156 titans which you sold for warbonds at the pre-upcoming capital industry changes prices meant to quadruple their prices?:randstare:

Assuming he means 156 warbonds which is about 2 titans worth pre-change announcement

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Spiteski posted:

Assuming he means 156 warbonds which is about 2 titans worth pre-change announcement

Correct.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Stereotype posted:

your starting empire doesn't really matter, it just sort of effects your first half a million skillpoints and where your school station is.

I think it also affects the color of the UI, which is the only thing that will affect your game experience after more than a couple of weeks in.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

raminasi posted:

I think it also affects the color of the UI, which is the only thing that will affect your game experience after more than a couple of weeks in.

You can change that in the options somewhere. I liked to put a different color scheme for each account I was multiboxing, so it was easier for me to tell apart windows.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
yeah it just effects the default UI color scheme, but you can change it to whatever you want whenever. You can even set it to change the scheme depending on the type of ship you are in.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

raminasi posted:

There's a setting where it just syncs up the client UI colour to the colour for the race of the ship you're flying. I like it :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

OAquinas posted:

Got you beat. The wyvern I'm trying to lose was built by Niart Epar (pre-fuckgoons, obv) in Delve the first time we owned it, with large rigs. It's vintage!

Hell yeah, large rigged super buddy! I will be very sad if mine survives a 1DQ fight. (Unfortunately, it probably will, since it’s an Aeon.)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of titans, nice pod here: https://zkillboard.com/kill/92050681/

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

lol, someone was struggling

edit: now that I look at it and notice all the names are slightly different it was probably a bunch of ganking alts getting the pods cleaned up after getting concorded

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 9, 2021

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Floppychop posted:

lol, someone was struggling

edit: now that I look at it and notice all the names are slightly different it was probably a bunch of ganking alts getting the pods cleaned up after getting concorded

Lol :shobon:

Kusion is a pretty well known suicide ganker operating out of Uedama.

Here's one of his from earlier today: https://zkillboard.com/kill/92011357/

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
man that guy signs on for like 4 hours a day and consistently kills more than 20B worth of stuff. He has killed 123B this week.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Oh poo poo pods drop implants again??

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I flew a drake today.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

MaxPowers posted:

For the next couple days there's a 50% chance of implants dropping.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Reply all bomb is happening in Corp.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Sickening posted:

Reply all bomb is happening in Corp.

From Local chat to corp-wide evemails, delta squad continually pushes for new heights of posting excellence.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Making goons the premier Corp in this lovely galaxy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MaxPowers posted:

i cleaned up my outdated geno shield super pod earlier :getin:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I have been recognized for my posting excellence.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
someone give me a medal

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Stereotype posted:

someone give me a medal

What did you do?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Baculus posted:

What did you do?

i dunno, posted a lot?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
ive gotten medals for posting alot

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalmuti posted:

ive gotten medals for posting alot

:justpost:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Dank 'Waffe leaks

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Corp mail is LIT and also give me a medal too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
people who post in this thread should 100% get medals because it's been shown repeatedly that papi redditors read this thread to gain valuable intel they can report back to reddit