Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
DoH is the worse boss in the game. Owl Dad is one of the best, but final boss above all.

Although experience wise nothing tops Genichiro first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

Although experience wise nothing tops Genichiro first time.

That was genuinely the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done in a game. By a mile.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That was genuinely the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done in a game. By a mile.

But you still need to beat SSI, who is truly the most satisfying boss to beat in a video game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gonichumi way of tomboy is a very special videogame moment

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Is it intentional that if you knock Owl Father Phase Two out of his flaming bird throw attack windup, the bird just does it anyway and one-shots you from behind? Because that just happened for the first time in like 50 attempts and it felt bad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Volte posted:

Is it intentional that if you knock Owl Father Phase Two out of his flaming bird throw attack windup, the bird just does it anyway and one-shots you from behind? Because that just happened for the first time in like 50 attempts and it felt bad

I dunno if it's normal, but the best way to deal with that attack is a jump dodge into free mikiri of the followup

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Do Move controllers only charge off a Playstation or something? I hooked my pair up to a new 6 port USB charging hub I bought and they don't appear to have charged at all, whereas all the other devices I have plugged into it charged with no issues. I plugged them in to my PS4 using the exact same cables and now they're charging. :iiam:

I have the old ones (with the mini-USB, not the micro-USB revision they did later) and they charge just fine from a charging station I bought (this one specifically, but it's no longer manufactured). It doesn't use the USB port, though, it uses the little metal connectors on the bottom.

Apart from the insanely garish LEDs on the front (covered them up with painted packing tape in the end) it was pretty good. Came with an adapter to plug into the wall instead of the playstation, and also charges faster that way it seems. I'm sure there's something similar on the market. I think I paid £15 for this thing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wait they made microUSB-charging Move controllers?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah, not that you’ll be able to find them

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

univbee posted:

Yeah, they put them out with the 2nd gen PSVR.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

univbee posted:

Yeah I think it was when PSVR came out. They basically sold through all of their old stock of move controllers unexpectedly quickly and had to sell new ones. I've never seen them on the wild though people online have said specific batch numbers are micro rather than mini.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E wrong thread

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Blind Rasputin posted:

It took me a long time but I found the parts for the moon bay and the cyclops. Is the cyclops worth it? That’s a lot of parts.
Yes, it's basically a portable base with lots of storage and can get to places your seamoth and even prawn can't. It has its fair share of issues/quirks (like don't drive too fast or you'll burst into flames :psyduck: ) but I don't think you'll ever go "well that was a waste of resources."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

It took me a long time but I found the parts for the moon bay and the cyclops. Is the cyclops worth it? That’s a lot of parts.

Yes. It's basically a mobile base, you can build inside it and load one of the smaller vehicles on board and it has a ton of built-in storage. It can also go deeper than any of the other vehicles and you'll probably need that to complete the storyline

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve been playing The Outer Worlds the last few nights. The character faces and lighting look nice. The skin looks really good.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I dunno if it's normal, but the best way to deal with that attack is a jump dodge into free mikiri of the followup
Thanks, that was a great tip. I finally did it. It didn't occur to me that I could just jump over it. I was just running to the opposite end of the arena before and missing the opportunity for Mikiri and letting him heal a shitload of posture in the process.

The Double Ichimonji was also pretty useful, especially from the air since it seems to have a much faster wind-up if you do it mid-jump. Basically any time he was recovering from any attack I'd jump at him and Double Ichimonji him which would bait him into a sword combo that I could easily deflect.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

When the time comes for your final expedition to the planet's deepest depths the Cyclops will be invaluable because no other vehicle can provide as much power and resources for a trip that will be hard to return from.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah, I just built the cyclops. Watching it fabricate high up in the air was so rad. It’s huge! I just found the plasma cell charger and modification bay so I’m going to work on my infrastructure a bit more before setting off to the rendezvous point.

I was like 300m deep popping in and out of my seamoth to gather rocks when I looked down and on the bottom of the ocean floor there’s a vent. It was just there. I stared at it for the longest time like, one half of my brain saying oh ok one of those that’s boring.. while the other half was quietly asking what the gently caress is that doing there. I must’ve stared at it for a solid minute before coming out of that mental logjam. What the hell is going on in this game.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Holy poo poo this thing is like an actual submarine with a little bridge and a isn’t power reactor room.

If you aren’t playing this I don’t even know what to say. You need to play this, is what I would say.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Blind Rasputin posted:

It took me a long time but I found the parts for the moon bay and the cyclops. Is the cyclops worth it? That’s a lot of parts. Game is real good and my base is super cool so I’ll probably build it anyways. I’m so glad the base pieces have those big long leg pylons holding them up, and they don’t just float in place. Makes it all seem much more legit.

According to the database entry, it's designed to be operated by a crew of three. Piloting it definitely feels like that, players seem somewhat split on whether that makes it "immersively annoying" or "annoyingly immersive".

Personally I'm Team Cyclops, love that big unwieldy boi.

univbee posted:

Whoa, that was my reaction as well. I'd love to have them with micro-USB as I have all my other controllers (except the PS3 ones...) using those magnetic charging cables which are awesome.

Quote-Unquote posted:

I have the old ones (with the mini-USB, not the micro-USB revision they did later) and they charge just fine from a charging station I bought (this one specifically, but it's no longer manufactured). It doesn't use the USB port, though, it uses the little metal connectors on the bottom.

Apart from the insanely garish LEDs on the front (covered them up with painted packing tape in the end) it was pretty good. Came with an adapter to plug into the wall instead of the playstation, and also charges faster that way it seems. I'm sure there's something similar on the market. I think I paid £15 for this thing.

I have one that's a combination Move + Nav controller charger, but it uses the mini-USB and doesn't seem to work. I'll have to keep an eye out for one that uses the charging pins though, would also be less fiddly to dock.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ethics_Gradient posted:

According to the database entry, it's designed to be operated by a crew of three. Piloting it definitely feels like that, players seem somewhat split on whether that makes it "immersively annoying" or "annoyingly immersive".

Personally I'm Team Cyclops, love that big unwieldy boi.

Yeah, it has a learning curve but after that it's OK. You can't use it like the other vehicles because it's too big and clumsy, you really should use it like a mobile base- move it to somewhere in the general area of interest and then visit it to refill meters while using the seamoth/prawn/handheld thruster thing for actual exploration

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Blind Rasputin posted:

Holy poo poo this thing is like an actual submarine with a little bridge and a isn’t power reactor room.

If you aren’t playing this I don’t even know what to say. You need to play this, is what I would say.

Like VG said it’s too spooky for me to play, but I just got a Quest 2, and I might just play it in VR to scare the poo poo out of myself in an effort to cure my phobia of underwater levels in video games.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Does it still catch on fire the second you go faster than half speed?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I’ve been playing The Outer Worlds the last few nights. The character faces and lighting look nice. The skin looks really good.

and the game itself?

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just don't forget to shut the power off when you park it or you're going to learn a hard lesson.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My PS4 seems to have downloaded update 1.2 for Disco Elysium?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Paracelsus posted:

Indoor plants can be grown in pots or indoor grow beds. Both can be scanned when you find intact versions in wrecks or other such places. When cultivating most plants, you'll need to save a piece when harvesting to re-plant. Lantern fruit trees aren't as OP as they were back in the day, but are still great for topping off without having to worry about managing harvesting/regrowth cycles. There's also an outdoor grow bed useful for cultivating certain resource plants.

One indoor grow bed with 4 bulbo trees means you never go hungry or thirsty. A full grown tree yields 8 or 9 sampes, 6 is plenty to fill your meters and you have leftovers to replant and power a bio reactor. And then you still have 3 full size trees left.
My 3 bases and cyclops all have one of these grow beds in them, the only time I had to eat and drink in my seamoth was when I got lost a bit in some cave system.

Which reminds me: Is it possible to produce protein bars? I haven't managed to produce any shelf-stable foods other than cured fish which dehydrate you.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 9, 2021

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Yes Subnautica is awesome. There is also a thread for it that has seen some action lately. There's also this amazing Let's Play.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hopper posted:

One indoor grow bed with 4 bulbo trees means you never go hungry or thirsty. A full grown tree yields 8 or 9 sampes, 6 is plenty to fill your meters and you have leftovers to replant and power a bio reactor. And then you still have 3 full size trees left.
My 3 bases and cyclops all have one of these grow beds in them, the only time I had to eat and drink in my seamoth was when I got lost a bit in some cave system.

Which reminds me: Is it possible to produce protein bars? I haven't managed to produce any shelf-stable foods other than cured fish which dehydrate you.

I think in my largest base I had a dozen plots going, most of it going to the bioreactor.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I gave Days Gone a chance and man I sure wish there was a different combat system, less crafting and a less zombie-filled apocalypse inside of this lovingly rendered version of the PNW. In some ways it reminds me of a prettier Mad Max; sarcastic jerk doing jobs for quirky camp leaders to slowly upgrade his vehicle and slowly push the story forward, but this one doesn't have the breezy satisfying Arkham melee combat or the fun vehicle accoutrements like the harpoon.

Looting cars for scrap, scrounging for gas...its all just so....:effort:. It looks good though!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I think in my largest base I had a dozen plots going, most of it going to the bioreactor.

My bases are rather small, I have them at the edge of the drop to mushroom caves, at the cannon Island and one single multipurpose room with power cell charger at the sea treader's meadow the former 2 are solar powered and the latter has a bioreactor for obvious reasons.

I am not a fan of survival games normally but this one is a fresh breath because it has no zombies and doesn't force you to fight if you don't want to. At least not so far.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

I gave Days Gone a chance and man I sure wish there was a different combat system, less crafting and a less zombie-filled apocalypse inside of this lovingly rendered version of the PNW. In some ways it reminds me of a prettier Mad Max; sarcastic jerk doing jobs for quirky camp leaders to slowly upgrade his vehicle and slowly push the story forward, but this one doesn't have the breezy satisfying Arkham melee combat or the fun vehicle accoutrements like the harpoon.

Looting cars for scrap, scrounging for gas...its all just so....:effort:. It looks good though!

It picks up pretty quick. Although personally I liked the slow moving early game. it doesn't stay that way though and it's definitely still fun when you have good stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

and the game itself?

I'm only a few hours in but it's not too bad. I got it for €20 so I won't be too sad if it turns out not amazing. The writing is VERY on the nose but it's fine. The shooting is surprisingly good. I suppose the biggest comparison would be Fallout: New Vegas and the shooting in this feels a million times better. I hear the DLC is very good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I am getting pretty addicted to building an underwater base here. I’ve built up my infrastructure enough to have the ultra high cap tank, ultra fins, 6 extra power cells and 3 power cell chargers for them in my base. So the cyclops can always run. I haven’t built a prawn yet. I found the plans for the observatory and multifunction house and whoa is the voice acting good in this! The Scottish family was really cool (and tragic).

My biggest problem right now is I keep getting these radio messages about a life pod in some general vicinity of somewhere and for the life of me I can’t find it worth poo poo.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I havn't played a minute of Subnautica but watching Limmy stream it every morning is a very cool start to the day

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

My biggest problem right now is I keep getting these radio messages about a life pod in some general vicinity of somewhere and for the life of me I can’t find it worth poo poo.

You can go to your map settings and activate and deactivate life pod signals there. I think the current signal will be turned off in favour of the following signal so you have to manually choose which one to display. That may be why you don't see the one you are looking for.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I havn't played a minute of Subnautica but watching Limmy stream it every morning is a very cool start to the day

Is he streaming it currently? Thank u for the tip, I might just watch him instead of trying to get over my thalassophobia.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
uhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1380477373238411267

remaking the last of us huh wha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony suck now, you hate to see it tbh

all will be forgiven once H:FW and GOW 2022 come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Imhotep posted:

Is he streaming it currently? Thank u for the tip, I might just watch him instead of trying to get over my thalassophobia.

I think he's on every weekday morning about half 9 gmt