Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Seems like he was a bit nervous, which is to be expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Seems like he was a bit nervous, which is to be expected.

rally on a two minute drill with 300 pound guys trying to run through your chest in front of 50,000 people and an audience of tens of millions for more than a decade? no problem. ask some nerd what the fictional kingdom in the prisoner of zenda is? time to freeze up.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

rally on a two minute drill with 300 pound guys trying to run through your chest in front of 50,000 people and an audience of tens of millions for more than a decade? no problem. ask some nerd what the fictional kingdom in the prisoner of zenda is? time to freeze up.

I mean, trebek had jeopardy for far longer than favre had the packers, this is completely different!

I think jeopardy is actually going to be a lot of trouble because you don’t want someone completely boring and monotonous but you can’t have jeopardy with a high energy hype man. It’s a very low key program compared to most modern TV. I think a lot of people will try the low key thing but be really dull instead.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

R.D. Mangles posted:

I mean, yeah? I deal with all kinds of miserable mental health stuff at work, and it doesn’t bother me a ton, but I’d lose my lunch at the sight of trauma surgery.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

I mean, trebek had jeopardy for far longer than favre had the packers, this is completely different!

I think jeopardy is actually going to be a lot of trouble because you don’t want someone completely boring and monotonous but you can’t have jeopardy with a high energy hype man. It’s a very low key program compared to most modern TV. I think a lot of people will try the low key thing but be really dull instead.

they just need a British host

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SKULL.GIF posted:

they just need a British host

*whispers*

Matt Berry

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1379218248269455360

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rodgers was totally fine on jeopardy.
It ain't Family Feud with Steve Harvey hosting the drat thing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

I mean they are trained to do that. Watch an athletes try and act and even the takes they keep are usually bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1379855861112274948

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Miller is insanely cool and I bet he looks fantastic if he gets to a team with a functioning quarterback.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

Miller is insanely cool and I bet he looks fantastic if he gets to a team with a functioning quarterback.

I'm fine losing him. Mooney already looks like what he was supposed to be.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sataere posted:

I'm fine losing him. Mooney already looks like what he was supposed to be.

Miller's also a bit of a knucklehead on the field. Remember him throwing a punch at CJ Gardner-Johnson and getting ejected from the playoff game back in January?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is a better QB going to fix his oopsie-dropsies?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

Miller's also a bit of a knucklehead on the field. Remember him throwing a punch at CJ Gardner-Johnson and getting ejected from the playoff game back in January?

That was pretty much my breaking point with him. I loved him coming out of college too and I hope he is able to turn it around, but I'd rather it be somewhere else

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Timby posted:

Was miller the same guy that did that during the regular season game too?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

No, that was Javon Wims

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1380310237828251649

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He looks exactly like Ryan Gosling. What does that mean

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

he needs to start wearing the Drive jacket

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Right before he dies from being sacked for the 80th time this season, he will have a vision of Richard Nixon.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Apparently no one on earth has giffed the clip of Ryan Gosling puking in Remember the Titans so everyone just imagine I posted that here

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Can't wait for superbowl QB Jared Goff to tear up the NFC North now that his handcuffs have been removed from McVay.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Ryan Goffling

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's a replicant.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

R.D. Mangles posted:

he needs to start wearing the Drive jacket

"You know the story about the scorpion and the frog? Your friend Aaron didn't make it across the river...."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/MVS__11/status/1380577999532126209?s=19

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

He should get a Pro Bowl nod for this

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Thaddius the Large posted:

He should get a Pro Bowl nod for this

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean the dog.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/evanfoxy/status/1380337383166636037

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

gently caress it, I'm a Lions fan this year

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It'll be interesting to see how Campbell's schtick plays during the season. This is a team that gave up the most points and yards in the league last year, whose biggest offseason transactions have been losing their franchise QB and #1 receiver. It'll take a miracle for them to surpass the 5 wins they got in 2020, and that's even with an extra game on the calendar

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

menard's is a sponsor of the bulls telecasts and sometime in the second half they do a quick montage of highlights referred to as "save big money plays" or something.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

tinstaach posted:

It'll be interesting to see how Campbell's schtick plays during the season. This is a team that gave up the most points and yards in the league last year, whose biggest offseason transactions have been losing their franchise QB and #1 receiver. It'll take a miracle for them to surpass the 5 wins they got in 2020, and that's even with an extra game on the calendar

Oh they're gonna suck, and Dan Campbell's not the answer as a head coach. He will be unceremoniously fired after three bad seasons and all his motivational speaker stuff will be a punchline.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
At least it will be funny rather than boring.

If your gonna suck regardless you at least need that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jared Goff having a superstar season proving he was being held back by So-Called Genius Coach Sean McVay and only needed to be told to believe in himself and "kick those motherfuckers in the dick hole" every game would be incredibly satisfying and I would root for that.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jared Goff having a superstar season proving he was being held back by So-Called Genius Coach Sean McVay and only needed to be told to believe in himself and "kick those motherfuckers in the dick hole" every game would be incredibly satisfying and I would root for that.

That would be a great story, but Jared Goff already had a year before Sean McVay where he was worse than he ever was with McVay, so...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

That would be a great story, but Jared Goff already had a year before Sean McVay where he was worse than he ever was with McVay, so...

Do you think Jeff Fisher ever told his players to kick these motherfuckers in the dick hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

that doesn't count, jeff fisher would not have properly coached goff by having him punch a giant sack of disused pig organs that has the word "haters" written on it as a Motivational Tactic.