Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Is the supply chain in England as hosed up as it seems? I order handcrafted goods from there and all the artisans I buy from have stopped taking orders entirely or have extreme wait times suddenly. Like months long waitlists for stuff they could normally ship inside 3 weeks. Even earlier in the pandemic it wasn't like this.

Extremely so. It's just utter chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

just some teething problems right now before we get to the sunny uplands

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
From what I have read most importers/exporters have stopped taking orders from the EU entirely because the sheer amount of paperwork involved costs them more in lost time that the item they are trying to send/receive.

A lot of the UK fishermen are now landing their catches in Denmark to get around the insane export laws they would now have to follow if they landed their catch in the UK.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It's cool, we can take advantage of all those new markets opened up by brexit

https://twitter.com/1CheshireCheese/status/1379813999408254987

Oh.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Wow shipping to Canada would cost more than it would have cost to ship to the EU?

:O <---- my surprised face

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

But selling to Canada and Japan was supposed to replace the EU trade. This is what they were told by the government during a surprise phone call after the owner kept appearing on the news complaining about brexit destroying their previously profitable EU operation.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

it dont matter posted:

But selling to Canada and Japan was supposed to replace the EU trade. This is what they were told by the government during a surprise phone call after the owner kept appearing on the news complaining about brexit destroying their previously profitable EU operation.

lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Is the supply chain in England as hosed up as it seems? I order handcrafted goods from there and all the artisans I buy from have stopped taking orders entirely or have extreme wait times suddenly. Like months long waitlists for stuff they could normally ship inside 3 weeks. Even earlier in the pandemic it wasn't like this.

that'sa brexit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Are they even negotiating any trade deals with other countries lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Jose posted:

do other countries even want to

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

do other countries even want to

No.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I heard the UK wants to move to the Pacific and join the CPTPP.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jose posted:

Isn't this Liz Truss' job?

Hexpress (2nd March 2021)

quote:

Liz Truss' £9trillion masterplan: Brexit wonderwoman eyes huge list of new trade deals
GLOBAL Britain has a golden opportunity to play a leading role in shaping the world's economy now that the nation has freed itself from the shackles of the EU, International Trade Secretary Liz Truss has said.

If anyone wants to read an article of astounding unicorn speak

hex/news/politics/1404438/Liz-Truss-hints-at-huge-list-of-nebrexit-news-brexit-trade-deals-liz-tw-Brexit-trade-deals

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

really the only “out” the brexiteers have is to fully subsume the U.K. economy into the US, which ironically was a reason why the french were so adamant about keeping the brits out of the EU political project in the first place, because they knew we’d be unreliable allies

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I want to see Starmer doing the Tory power stance

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That's what they always wanted except to do it properly required no deal so now it's the worst of all worlds for them

This ignores that no deal would've made a us trade deal likely impossible regardless

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I just came back from walking the dog and saw a huge convoy or armoured land rovers making their way into Belfast, along with a few water cannon trucks.

It reminded me of this from a few years back.

loving owned lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yThfdrdFL8

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
They really were all-in on trump winning and boris being able to talk him into not squeezing us for all we've got.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I vaguely understood Brexit was a mess but I didn't realize the UK effectively sanctioned itself lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

he's dead

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1380476142243753990?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1380476784211156993

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1380475865323212800

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

there i posted a tweet too

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder how Prince Philip is doing

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

oliwan posted:

great

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'd say he'd be gutted he didn't make the century but really he only made it to about 92

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

He was so close to getting his telegram.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gonadic io posted:

They really were all-in on trump winning and boris being able to talk him into not squeezing us for all we've got.

The thing is any us trade deal has to pass Congress. There was a trip pelosi and a bunch of others took to Northern Ireland before Brexit happened and articles came out that they were telling the government that no deal would break the good Friday agreement and anything that did that would make a us trade deal impossible and the government just kept insisting it was fine and they were wrong

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't believe Meghan and Harry would do this

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Royal Consort is dead, long live the Royal Consort

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

oliwan posted:

Just a week or two ago, they were talking about how great he was doing in the hospital and how it was really just a formality. Guy's healthy as a horse!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

statistically speaking babs is now almost certain to die in the next 12 months, as is common for new widows

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks for the updates ops, guess he's dead

Too bad there's a pandemic so we won't get a big public funeral, oh well

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Everyone better loving post videos of the British media pedophiles all crying from the coming days. Even though they'll be fake tears because they're goddamned ghoulish, soulless pedophile Nazis.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Apoplexy posted:

Everyone better loving post videos of the British media pedophiles all crying from the coming days. Even though they'll be fake tears because they're goddamned ghoulish, soulless pedophile Nazis.

why don't you post the videos instead

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

oliwan posted:

thanks for the updates ops, guess he's dead

Too bad there's a pandemic so we won't get a big public funeral, oh well

Lmao

Odds of BoJo declaring the whole COVID crisis completely over in order to make that happen? Who'm I kidding, it's an infinite ratio; It's going to happen. The Bri'ish press will cover for it gleefully, too.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

lumpentroll posted:

why don't you post the videos instead

I'll do what I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hope he's driven to Westminster abbey in the ceremonial white fiat uno