Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol wtf. If anything it should be the other way around. Days gone was a better game than The Last of Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Days gone was a better game than The Last of Us

bruh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This just seems like the normal state of affairs for the way AAA game development has progressed over the last 7-8 years. Longer development cycles, gigantic budgets, fewer risks on new properties, studio identities merged and homogenized to field more transferrable and replaceable personnel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Being normal doesn't stop it from sucking

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm not saying it's good!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Last of us - a game no-one really hated and no-one really loved remade for the third time in under a decade.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Last of us - a game no-one really hated and no-one really loved

cult classic multiplayer
soon to be HBO series
17 million units sold

:thunk:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s cool to go against the grain and dislike popular things

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

boop the snoot posted:

It’s cool to go against the grain and dislike popular things

I like the last of us but 95% seems a bit much

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Last of Us is one of the biggest and most lauded franchises in gaming and it only has 2 entires.

It pushed the medium forward in terms of storytelling, character development, and world-building.

Days Gone is, at its absolute best, a 3/5 that was edited by someone on pills.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I already said you’re cool. Stop being so cool.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

You're definitely wrong that nobody loved it, though, sorry. I bought it on PS3, bought it on PS4, and I'll buy it again on PS5.

edit: since when was Bend Studio a "rising star?" If anything they were has-beens trying to come back, relegated for years to handhelds after making actual flagship console games in the 90s and then they put out one mid-tier console game a couple years ago after 15 years.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 9, 2021

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Nail Rat posted:

You're definitely wrong that nobody loved it, though, sorry. I bought it on PS3, bought it on PS4, and I'll buy it again on PS5.

I mean if that's how you want to spend your money (and time) go for it bro, sounds like overkill for me :shrug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

I bought it on PS3, bought it on PS4, and I'll buy it again on PS5.

sony will love you

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Naughty Dog are the standard when it comes to AAA storytelling and characters in video games, especially Sony 1st party. Bend came drat close though with Days Gone, in my opinion, and I thought that game was just more fun to play compared to either Last of Us.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BisterdDave posted:

Naughty Dog are the standard when it comes to AAA storytelling and characters in video games

Crash Bandicoot is a banger ngl and dare i say it a more enjoyable game than TLoU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you love the last of us that much why don't u marry it

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sony will love you

I mean I did buy it for $20 both times, and I'm guessing this would be bundled with a PS5 TLOU2

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lol bragging about buying a game twice like a billy big baws then sneaking back oot to add (at a budget price)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I paid €0 for Last of Us 2 because I borrowed it from a friend :getin:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

I can no longer respect your opinion given the lack of monetary investment

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

It’s ok, you spent $400 on PS3 games in the last 2 years so it balances out.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Lol bragging about buying a game twice like a billy big baws then sneaking back oot to add (at a budget price)

It's not bragging to say you like a game a lot but ok. You haven't ever bought a game twice, with all the remasters/remakes/rereleases through the years of various games?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Nail Rat posted:

It's not bragging to say you like a game a lot but ok. You haven't ever bought a game twice, with all the remasters/remakes/rereleases through the years of various games?

I mean I'm not trying to rag on you here but not really unless its getting a pc version and selling the console one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s ok, you spent $400 on PS3 games in the last 2 years so it balances out.

hahaha

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I mean I'm not trying to rag on you here but not really unless its getting a pc version and selling the console one

You’re a sanctimonious prick, just FYI

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

everyone chill out or i'm gonna kill you

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Crash Bandicoot is a banger ngl and dare i say it a more enjoyable game than TLoU

The only CB game I've ever played was in Uncharted 4, and maybe a PS1 demo disc back in the day. I already have too much on my plate, but if the Trilogy Remake comes to PS+ someday then I'll for sure give it a shot.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

boop the snoot posted:

You’re a sanctimonious prick, just FYI

Oh well at least i know why you are being so toxic

boop the snoot posted:

I just finished The Last of Us Remastered.

One of, if not the best video game I have ever played. Probably the only game I've ever played where I didn't have a single moment of wanting to just get to the next part.

I have never preordered a game in my life, but I will be preordering part 2 as soon as it is available to do so.

If you missed it on ps3 and haven't played it on ps4, you should drop every game you're playing right now and play TLOU instead.

Truthfully it doesn't really feel like a video game. It's a story that you guide. I know that can go either way for some people, but I promise I mean it with praise.

Sorry for touching a nerve by calling TLoU a good game LMAO

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Gotta say - this really sucks.

We don't need The Last of Us to be remade and re-released a third time in less than 10 years.

Especially with the juxtaposition of Sony basically cleaning house with Japan Studio and that AMA the other day with a former Sony employee shows how the tide is changing at Playstation with regards to the power structure change after Jim Ryan forced out Shawn Layden.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jak 2 & Jak 3 are completely awesome video games that people tend to overlook when considering ND’s history but I feel like they perfectly captured and improved upon the GTA open world crime game zeitgeist and made one of the best versions on the market.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

he's a master shinobi now, gotta take the opinion as facts, thems the rules.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I paid £0 for the last of us 2 cuz I have no intention of ever playing it

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bust Rodd posted:

Jak 2 & Jak 3 are completely awesome video games that people tend to overlook when considering ND’s history but I feel like they perfectly captured and improved upon the GTA open world crime game zeitgeist and made one of the best versions on the market.

Thanks for reminding me of another Naughty Dog series that I've never touched before. I bring shame to Sony first party.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I paid £0 for the last of us 2 cuz I have no intention of ever playing it

:hmmyes:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh well at least i know why you are being so toxic

Sorry for touching a nerve by calling TLoU a good game LMAO

This isn’t any less sanctimonious/toxic but at least you owned me online

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Jak 1 was fun and whimsical and now all i want an open world crash game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Sioux posted:

Yes Subnautica is awesome. There is also a thread for it that has seen some action lately. There's also this amazing Let's Play.

The sequel is finally coming out next month too, and looks like it's just as good

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So TLoU is going to be Sony's Skyrim...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

boop the snoot posted:

This isn’t any less sanctimonious/toxic but at least you owned me online

I'm glad you like the last of us buddy, i thought it was a good videogame but I'm always slightly baffled when people treat it like a classic genre defining masterpiece. That's all.