Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
In my opinion Watson's desire for control indicates he probably wasn't breast feed by his mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

In my opinion Watson's desire for control indicates he probably wasn't breast feed by his mother.

:chloe: username/post combo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The337th posted:

People are talking about dating/sex as if this weird massage thing isn't a very specific kink the dude was chasing. Of course, the dehumanizing predatory part is where he's someone who also gets off on the assault instead of hiring actual sex workers to engage in something consensual. News could come out that he had actual, normal relationships with other women and it wouldn't change the messed up reality of what he was indulging in otherwise.

This is the correct take imo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This is not but I assume it was meant to be this way

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well these women are about to get harassed to hell and back sooner than expected.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1380517818861506563

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well these women are about to get harassed to hell and back sooner than expected.

:sigh:

I hate that.

Is this just the way it is for civil cases in TX?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is Hardin pushing for the women to have to ID themselves publicly in hopes they'll get scared and drop their suits?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ehud posted:

Not a lawyer etc but yeah. I think there's an exception for minors and rape victims but I guess the judge ruled that doesn't apply here.

I hope Buzbee and Hardin would at least be discrete about the names and not leak them...but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Those women are about to have to go into hiding.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

:sigh:

I hate that.

Yeah, it has to be. There are exceptions to civil but I thought confrontation clause was only in Criminal law.

Yet again my soft legal underbelly of real estate and commercial contracts has left me scared and afraid of civil rules of procedure

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Pseudonymous filings are disfavored by the Texas rules of civil procedure according to my TX lawyer friends. I don’t think there was any way for any of the cases to continue to trial without at least identifying parties to the defense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Is Hardin pushing for the women to have to ID themselves publicly in hopes they'll get scared and drop their suits?

In hopes he/Deshaun can smear them any way they can. If one can be discredited (in any way, whether it's with one lie they ever told on social media, or having been stopped by a cop once for a traffic violation) it'll put doubt on all of them. Same tactic Weinstein, Cosby etc tried: "If you're not a perfect victim, you're not a victim"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

In hopes he/Deshaun can smear them any way they can. If one can be discredited (in any way, whether it's with one lie they ever told on social media, or having been stopped by a cop once for a traffic violation) it'll put doubt on all of them. Same tactic Weinstein, Cosby etc tried: "If you're not a perfect victim, you're not a victim"

It is absolutely aggravating that we all know this is their strategy and yet it still has a very good chance of working because people are so willing to believe "they were no angel" is a valid defense.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I guess now I'm thinking about two things:

- When they identify themselves does that become public record?

- If their identify is made public (either as part of public records or if Deshaun's attorney decides to leak it), how long are they going to have to wait for this to be resolved?

It would be incredibly lovely if their name is made public and they have to wait 6 months for the civil trial and they spend that whole time being harassed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ches Neckbeard posted:

While bad, isn't this textbook 6th? amendment?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

While bad, isn't this textbook 6th? amendment?

this is a civil case

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

dirty shrimp money posted:

I hope Buzbee and Hardin would at least be discrete about the names and not leak them...but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Those women are about to have to go into hiding.

What possible benefit would there be for Buzbee to leak the names?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1380561663561195527

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Fire Safety Doug posted:

none but he seems like a fuckup so he might accidentally cc the wrong person on an email or something

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I mean, it's pretty much impossible for a lawyer to defend their client when they don't even know who the accuser is, but I guess that wouldn't be a problem if he hadn't sexually assaulted so many goddamn people that they're not even sure which of his victims are accusing him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Isn't Buzbee representing 22 women?

edit: I see, only 12 of these 22 are for the current hearing.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 9, 2021

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Fire Safety Doug posted:

None for Buzbee, not a whole lot for Hardin, but some clerk at either office not caring about their job selling the list of names to some paparazzi outfit? Can see that...

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This is good, if all or most release their names at the same time it prevents the focus watson would want on one woman to ruin her life and case. Solidarity and all that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rusty Hardin is doing a press conference.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1380601967379152896?s=20

Now another attorney on his team is shaming the media and public for "jumping on a bandwagon" against Deshaun.

Live here if you want to hate watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcp0mkdE_iI

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Shame, Deshaun had a cute girlfriend too

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So we've gone from "It never happened" to "Yes he contacted them but it was strictly professional" to "Yes he had sexual contact with them but it was consensual", now to "He did not in any way use his status to coerce them, why would you think that?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

So we've gone from "It never happened" to "Yes he contacted them but it was strictly professional" to "Yes he had sexual contact with them but it was consensual", now to "He did not in any way use his status to coerce them, why would you think that?"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SKULL.GIF posted:

My favorite moment so far today was when one of the lawyers said that maybe some of the women were just made uncomfortable massaging certain areas that Deshaun needed massaged to be a top QB.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

My favorite moment so far today was when one of the lawyers said that maybe some of the women were just made uncomfortable massaging certain areas that Deshaun needed massaged to be a top QB.

I can’t throw for 300 and run for another 100 if I you don’t massage my prostate from the inside.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hardin was just asked whether he would agree to keep the names of the accusers between his team and Buzbee's team and to keep them out of the public.

He said absolutely not because he thinks that the media should look into the accusers just as thoroughly as they have looked into Deshaun.

So that sucks.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bleh

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah he's going intimidation and poison the jury pool.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Some of those texts must be phenomenally damning.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The media hasn’t really looked into Watson yet outside that one SI piece but that wasn’t anything really personal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I can’t throw for 300 and run for another 100 if I you don’t massage my prostate from the inside.

He'd never been at the bottom of a pile after a fumble and wanted to know what the oil checking thing was all about

Ehud posted:

Hardin was just asked whether he would agree to keep the names of the accusers between his team and Buzbee's team and to keep them out of the public.

He said absolutely not because he thinks that the media should look into the accusers just as thoroughly as they have looked into Deshaun.

So that sucks.

lol what a piece of poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1380614023545298950

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So, probably a year plus of ongoing litigation. Think the NFL will let Watson play with this hanging over him?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gently caress Watson and his scum lawyer

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

So, probably a year plus of ongoing litigation. Think the NFL will let Watson play with this hanging over him?

Yep. Starting QB and the only star that particular franchise has left.

It's getting less likely that he plays and they're not going to do anything until after the draft if they do.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

The media hasn’t really looked into Watson yet outside that one SI piece but that wasn’t anything really personal

I'm only going by twitter but it feels like the media desperately wants to avoid acknowledging that this exists, and that's even from the folks I follow who aren't afraid to talk about race or politics

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Area Lawyer vows to never shut off the money faucet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

The NFL will definitely let him play and everyone will be like "let's wait for the courts to decide" while they try and drag his accusers through the mud.