Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

well gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol wasn't the whole process tainted and rigged?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

:shrug: feels like boeing's 75-25 keep out the union vote in sc (closely followed by an enormous layoff count)

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Louisgod posted:

probably, but even if it wasnt it would have still probably lost because Amazon seems to get a lot of credit for at least paying their employees $15 an hour and above

I don't know how much I'd have to get paid to piss in bottles though

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaleedity posted:

:shrug: feels like boeing's 75-25 keep out the union vote in sc (closely followed by an enormous layoff count)

yeah i am just waiting to see if amazon will still shut down the warehouse just for the tenacity of trying

MOD EDIT: gently caress da mods

fits my needs has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Apr 9, 2021

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

fits my needs posted:

yeah i am just waiting to see if amazon will still shut down the warehouse just for the tenacity of trying

They absolutely will lol. IIRC a single deli counter at a Walmart tried to unionize a while back and now if you notice there aren't any deli counters in any walmarts

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattZeitlin/status/1380530543645888514

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the RWDSU will file a claim at the NLRB alleging an unfair labor practice, this will last months, they might even get another vote

the worst thing amazon could do is start firing people there, it's not even in their interest (right now)

time for some horse heads to get delivered

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
digital coupon for $5 off a pair of microfiber pillow cases? don't mind if i do, Amazon. thanks

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

This is why the other system of union voting is better.

I forget what it's called.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

probably, but even if it wasnt it would have still probably lost because Amazon seems to get a lot of credit for at least paying their employees $15 an hour and above

I don't know how much I'd have to get paid to piss in bottles though

isn't warehouse work usually unionized with better pay though?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sitting at work thinking about hunters fat hog and how jealous the right is of his hot 52 year old bod

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Asproigerosis posted:

Sitting at work thinking about hunters fat hog and how jealous the right is of his hot 52 year old bod

at least some hogs're surging

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That game owned

you know what else was a good game

waverace. drat

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Business Gorillas posted:

They absolutely will lol. IIRC a single deli counter at a Walmart tried to unionize a while back and now if you notice there aren't any deli counters in any walmarts

apparently this warehouse is a key part of their distribution so they probably won't close it, but they will definitely :commissar: anyone who might have even been remotely sympathetic to the union drive, and then plenty who weren't just to prove a point

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

fits my needs posted:

MOD EDIT: he means “temerity”

Asproigerosis posted:

this was you

baw
Nov 5, 2008

fits my needs posted:

MOD EDIT: he means “temerity”

that's how walmart does it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/gooooats/status/1380306187938230275?s=21

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh poo poo old rasputin comes in tallboy cans now

That seems dangerous

My local beer store is selling 12oz six packs of some MD/2020 cocktail poo poo that's 12.1%. Seems like an exit plan for people who hate life.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

:(

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

wow he looks good for 52, esp considering all of the crack binges

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

That seems dangerous

Everything they brew is so, so good, and yes I agree.

Some bars in Austin sometimes get Scrimshaw kegs and that's seriously my favorite American lager, it's simply perfect.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lmao

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Just an endless stream of weird presentations and weirder people.

How’s your Teumpless day going?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lumpentroll posted:

this was you

lol

baw
Nov 5, 2008

That seems dangerous

ra ra rasputin

now it's in a tallboy can

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hahahahahaha

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Probably because of all the shady poo poo they did like getting post boxes in Amazon facilities so they could monitor votes and who knows what other horrific poo poo. Capitalism!

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1380541225833541636

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I have a slightly older kindle and i think the only ads i see are when the screen is on standby?? I buy most of the books online so I don't browse through the device too much so are there a bunch of ads plastered in your face that would cause someone to throw that poo poo in water

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Feldegast42 posted:

apparently this warehouse is a key part of their distribution so they probably won't close it, but they will definitely :commissar: anyone who might have even been remotely sympathetic to the union drive, and then plenty who weren't just to prove a point
They coincidentally expanded the workforce there like 300% once the union drive started up, i'm sure just as coincidentally they'll need to reduce the workforce now it's done.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MadJackal posted:

Just an endless stream of weird presentations and weirder people.

How’s your Teumpless day going?

He put out a really terrible transphobic statement yesterday that we all kind of glossed over so honestly I'm good with no trump content today
I'd love a gaetz newsdump though

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:captainpop:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
All i can think of for the Amazon union vote is "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. Almost the entire second verse is perfect except that the line "cold comfort for change" should be reversed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That seems dangerous

:ohdear:

I know what I'm doing this weekend

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
sucks we can’t get a trump tweet giving his warmest regards to the queen or whatever

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Good soup! posted:

I have a slightly older kindle and i think the only ads i see are when the screen is on standby?? I buy most of the books online so I don't browse through the device too much so are there a bunch of ads plastered in your face that would cause someone to throw that poo poo in water

I had an ad supported kindle and they don't show ads when you're actually reading but they do make the kindle slow down when you're on a screen with an ad. It takes longer for the screen to respond and they make you swipe to dismiss ads when you wake up the kindle

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TMMadman posted:

All i can think of for the Amazon union vote is "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. Almost the entire second verse is perfect except that the line "cold comfort for change" should be reversed.

"A walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage" seems more appropriate IMHO

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

SirPablo posted:

When I die at 80, I want my family to use a baby photo of me.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1380476142243753990?s=20

couldnt even break off a hundo sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

I had an ad supported kindle and they don't show ads when you're actually reading but they do make the kindle slow down when you're on a screen with an ad. It takes longer for the screen to respond and they make you swipe to dismiss ads when you wake up the kindle

Why does an ebook/ereader need to have ads anyway? They don't loving put ads in the middle of printed book. The device is entitely paid for by you and then you buy or rent the digital rights for the book. So why are ads getting forced on you?