Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Terminal autist posted:

Prince Phillip died? After watching The Crown I am honestly very sad. They had such a hard long but very honest relationship. I’ve seen so many elderly spouses die shortly after their partner dies. My god if prince Charles actually outlived his mom. Nobody asked for that.

Matt Smith is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

al franken, yet another victim of the graveyard of empires

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1380611589171216389?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a Loving Dog posted:

what did they all accuse him of? the stuff i did see was mild except for the kiss thing which was very bad but still doesnt rise to the levels of the others mentioned

groping mainly, and a splash of general sexual harassment for variety but it was like 90% 'this guy keeps grabbing asses'

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

what did they all accuse him of? the stuff i did see was mild except for the kiss thing which was very bad but still doesnt rise to the levels of the others mentioned

mostly groping women during photo ops or forcing them to kiss him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

my man looks like poo poo

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Thirds is worse than the Trump grimacing one. Kirst a confused old man

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
this is my portrait please dont point out my bells palsey

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
god drat that is the most punchable loving face even without the facetune

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Terminal autist posted:

Prince Phillip died? After watching The Crown I am honestly very sad. They had such a hard long but very honest relationship. I’ve seen so many elderly spouses die shortly after their partner dies. My god if prince Charles actually outlived his mom. Nobody asked for that.

lol

empty brain, tv goes in bad takes come out

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

paul_soccer12 posted:

god drat that is the most punchable loving face even without the facetune

Turn on your monitor

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden will increase the pentagon's budget by more money than was saved by means testing the checks

priorities!!!!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Woof Blitzer posted:

Turn on your monitor

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Trabisnikof posted:

mostly groping women during photo ops or forcing them to kiss him

the one picture that was passed around of him groping the solider through her body armor was kinda BS but if there was more then wtf. gently caress him

Soul_
Mar 7, 2021

I thought D&D was the supposed to be the intellectual forum but it loving sucks.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

the one picture that was passed around of him groping the solider through her body armor was kinda BS but if there was more then wtf. gently caress him

It wasn't a soldier it was Leeann Tweeden. There were many other accusations of him groping during photo ops.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

fuckin Used Car Salesman Three Months from Retirement lookin rear end old creep

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Soul_ posted:

I thought D&D was the supposed to be the intellectual forum but it loving sucks.

They're intellectuals the way people who are in the I loving Love Science facebook group are scientists

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
joe biden would sell you a car that someone was shot in the trunk of

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

He'd apparently been groping his way across the Minnesota State Fair for years via photo ops.

That said, he should have just stuck it out, there's no consequences for politicians now.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Cerebral Bore posted:

the fact that appointing a committee is just a way of not doing something when you don't want to admit that you're not doing something is so well understood that there were yes minister scenes poking fun at the concept some thirty years ago

it's as old as time. in the idiom "a moot point", meaning something that is pointless to discuss, the word "moot" is an old english word meaning "meeting". a modern translation would be "kill it in committee", going back like eight hundred years.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Gorson posted:

It wasn't a soldier it was Leeann Tweeden. There were many other accusations of him groping during photo ops.

if it was me i would simply put the body armor over my nuts and tell him to try groping me now

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Soul_ posted:

I used to post in both. We're both dumb chit-chat boards.

The difference:
  • D&D: Centrist and stuffy/toxic.
  • C-SPAM: Leftist and jokey/angry.

That's it.

You couldn't wring a serious discussion space out of D&D. You'd need a new board with really dry moderation, like probing people for logical fallacies.

Soul_
Mar 7, 2021

Accretionist posted:

I used to post in both. We're both dumb chit-chat boards.

The difference:
  • D&D: Centrist and stuffy/toxic.
  • C-SPAM: Leftist and jokey/angry.

That's it.

You couldn't wring a serious discussion space out of D&D. You'd need a new board with really dry moderation, like probing people for logical fallacies.

I thought that was what D&D was supposed to be. A sort of "you can argue anything but you argument must be sound" space.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

paranoid randroid posted:

joe biden would sell you a car that someone was shot in the trunk of

Hopefully it's at a discount, poo poo I'd buy that car

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Soul_ posted:

I thought that was what D&D was supposed to be. A sort of "you can argue anything but you argument must be sound" space.

yeah so it attracts a lot of people who need to spend a lot of words to justify their neoliberal garbage and ban anyone from saying ‘healthcare plz’. leftist policies aren’t that complicated

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Soul_ posted:

ostensibly yes, in practice it just means more words = more gooder

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

can someone tell me how "tu quoque" became a logical fallacy anyway

like, I get that if you are literally in a criminal trial for shoplifting and you try to tell the prosecutor "I saw you shoplifting this morning you rear end in a top hat" you're not gonna get off, but if an American is trying to justify an invasion of some other country because their voting practices are questionable and their judicial system is hosed-up, the fact that America is also extremely guilty of those offenses actually seems pretty goddamn relevant

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
suck my quoque

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kamala Harris laughing with the radio guy about how she loved smoking weed in college after sending tons of people to jail for it as a DA is pretty worthy of note even if there is a Latin phrase about it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:actually: it is pronounced "kwo kway" I took Latin in high school and this is the only application that exists for it

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Soul_ posted:

that's really hard to do and requires pretty much constant refreshing of mods and energy to keep things close to honest. nobody wants to do that so it naturally degenerates into posting cabals and weirdly specific subcultures where you have to slaughter the chicken using your left hand only or your posts are cursed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who wants to join my posting cabal, we use right handed obsidian knives on the chickens

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also, hella cactus drugs are involved

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

loquacius posted:

:actually: it is pronounced "kwo kway" I took Latin in high school and this is the only application that exists for it

suck my kwo kway

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

who wants to join my posting cabal, we use right handed obsidian knives on the chickens

also, hella cactus drugs are involved
Shut up and initiate me already!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Ruzihm posted:

I’m a progressive, and i think that everyone here inferring we should cut military spending is an absolute moron. The problem isn’t the military, the problem is the lack of spending and laws in other parts of our society. The only changes that should be made is the oversight of spending and empowering faster and harsher punishments to corrupt contracts and the underperformance and speed of acquisition of equipment received. You have no idea what being the world power gets us in regards to safety and the depth that the entire worlds monetary policies depend on it for stability. The amount of minorities who are able to get good wages, education, healthcare vs what they could in our racist civilian market.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

can someone tell me how "tu quoque" became a logical fallacy anyway

like, I get that if you are literally in a criminal trial for shoplifting and you try to tell the prosecutor "I saw you shoplifting this morning you rear end in a top hat" you're not gonna get off, but if an American is trying to justify an invasion of some other country because their voting practices are questionable and their judicial system is hosed-up, the fact that America is also extremely guilty of those offenses actually seems pretty goddamn relevant

well the person talking isn't america, so they're misapplying the fallacy accusation there. now, if america were justifying an invasion that way, then they would technically be right to point out the fallacy in this bizarre scenario where an invasion would fix any of those (or most other) problems rather than make it worse. it is just a form of "personal" attack, basically.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Smooth Biden

Tubgoat posted:

It was insane realising that 3 months before the election. :negative:

My brain is not a good brain and I still don't want to process that all Biden is going to do is solidify the right's gains while providing a stable platform to further fascism and maybe coup a few countries and start up another cold war.

I have managed to crack ping at least one person by pointing out the Biden admin is hailing an 11% corporate tax cut from 2016 to 2021 as a progressive victory and that people are buying it all because all anyone ever uses as a point of comparison is that Trump took it down to 21%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

suck my kwo kway