Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's possible lobbying law breach — Labour has demanded that the cabinet secretary, Simon Case, investigate ‘serious concerns’ about David Cameron’s efforts to lobby Whitehall officials"

Telegraph:

Plans for pub and restaurant Covid checks unworkable, says industry

Matt:

Muddy the waters: Egyptian authorities struggle with Suez canal blockage

Independent:

Government buildings to fly union jack continuously under new rules

Times:

NHS Scotland staff to be offered at least 4% pay rise

Evening Standard:

EU leaders push back against bloc's plans to halt Covid vaccine exports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the latest in UK culture wars - The union flag should be flown from all UK government buildings every day and councils will be urged to do the same from their premises, ministers have announced"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Teacher suspended over use of Charlie Hebdo cartoons (Can't find original, apologies)

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Teacher suspended over use of Charlie Hebdo cartoons (Can't find original, apologies)

This threw me for ages as well but finally found what I presume is the source by Henri Baron, "A Reclining Turk smoking a Hookah" 1844 (found by googling 'artwork reclining with shisha pipe'!)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"'Greed is good' on Covid contracts – As private firms gorge on the benefits of the virus, the inquiry is lost in the long grass"

Sunday Telegraph:

Alex Salmond launches new independence-focused Alba party After Tischbein.

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Defiant Johnson tells China: ‘I stand behind sanctioned MPs’

Mail on Sunday:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I think I just agreed with a Bob cartoon. What a world

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Tories flying the flag – News of union jack being flown every day from government buildings came days before Jennifer Arcuri spoke to press about her relationship with PM"

Telegraph:

Johnson urges caution as England takes first big step out of lockdown

Matt:

Independent:

Cameron blocked rule change that left 'open door' for him to lobby for Greensill (After Only Fools And Horses)

Times:

Evening Standard:

:sun: It's hot! :supaburn:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on easing England's Covid lockdown – England has proceeded to the next step of the UK government’s plan for easing the Covid restrictions imposed at the beginning of January" After Monet.

Telegraph:

After Hockney.

Matt:

David Cameron and Greensill Capital: 10 unanswered questions

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Suez canal: Ever Given container ship freed after a week; UK and US criticise WHO's Covid report and accuse China of withholding data

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the lockdown easing

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's new £2.6m press briefing room – The prime minister has hosted his first press conference from the new Downing Street briefing room"

Telegraph:

European commission says AstraZeneca not obliged to prioritise vaccines for UK

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Labour urges inquiry into David Cameron links to Greensill Capital

Evening Standard:

AstraZeneca vaccine suspended for under-60s in two German cities after 'rare blood clots'

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... school sex abuse

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is Paul Thomas really honestly going for "it was better when they didn't investigate sexual abuse allegations in schools" as his hot take of the day?

What a disgusting turd.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I think he's going with "in the good old days there were no crimes and everyone behaved"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope he's going with "in the good old days there were no crimes and everyone behaved" but even then he knows it's not true and is just pandering to the same kind of audience that thinks "things were much more innocent before we started investigating all this abuse that had been going on for decades" so it's still :barf:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities report – A government-commissioned report on racial disparity has been criticised for downplaying the scale of the problem in the UK"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

France to close schools and stop domestic travel after Covid surge

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... drinking in the sunshine

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'm the 48 seat double deck mini cooper

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The world of Paul Thomas is a non-euclidian nightmare.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Labour party and policing – Labour changes stance to vote against crime bill following police’s actions at vigil for Sarah Everard" Also Corbyn ignored: Starmer reveals he has not spoken to former Labour leader for FIVE months After Raphael.

Telegraph:

Independent:

No 10 race adviser Samuel Kasumu resigns

Times:

COVID-19: Strict national lockdown imposed on France as Emmanuel Macron warns 'the numbers are charging away from us' After J-L David.

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... France's Covid shambles

'Macron the monarch'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I can think of a place, Bob.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Jesus loving CHRIST Paul, that one Napolean pic is super recognisable and has been shorthand for "it france" for ages, you don't have to change it to shoehorn in a loving eiffel tower and french flag and a small....outcrop of rock? Puddle? Labelled "le lockdown 3"

You have somehow elevated being a hack into the most ironic artform conceivable, you waste of a wank

Also Napoleon wasn't king, are you putting actual effort into being terrible?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
why's stuff on fire

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Jesus loving CHRIST Paul, that one Napolean pic is super recognisable and has been shorthand for "it france" for ages, you don't have to change it to shoehorn in a loving eiffel tower and french flag and a small....outcrop of rock? Puddle? Labelled "le lockdown 3"

You have somehow elevated being a hack into the most ironic artform conceivable, you waste of a wank

Also Napoleon wasn't king, are you putting actual effort into being terrible?

I'm the croissant and garlic tattoo(?) on his upper leg

Also lol @ Napoleon crossing the Alps with no Alps

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

why's stuff on fire

Because the French are as mad as me that Paris-Roubaix has been postponed.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I love that painting - we studied it at a-level along with the 'companion' painting of him coming back across the Alps after getting owned and it's always stuck in my head. We went to Vienna for our honeymoon and on a visit to the belvedere palace we turned a corner and it was just there in a random room - I had no idea it was there and I had a little emotional moment looking at it in person. Then I thought 'if only this were drawn in felt tips, with maybe a couple of baguettes and garlic bulbs scattered about'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tory cabinet's Good Friday plans – As the Easter bank holiday begins, it has been an eventful week in politics after the publication of No 10’s race report, protests in Bristol and a report into the policing of the vigil at Clapham Common"

Independent:

Boris Johnson backs domestic Covid passports as pilot events are planned After Luca Giordano.

The i paper:

Times:

Keir Starmer: one year in, Labour leader's popularity has plunged

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... vaccine passports

'Hang on – THIS wasn't on Boris's road map'.

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson is the Easter bunny – The prime minister has some seasonal goodies in his basket (and a few bad eggs)"

Sunday Telegraph:

Care home residents in England to be allowed two visitors from 12 April

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Covid vaccine passports being trialled in England - Football cup finals, the World Snooker Championship, a comedy club and a cinema will be used to test vaccine passports over the next few weeks, as the government unveils its route out of lockdown."

Telegraph:

Independent:

Keir Starmer: I’ll take my mask off and show why I should be prime minister

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on free Covid tests for everyone in England – The UK government is planning to offer millions of free rapid Covid tests, twice weekly, for everyone in England"

Telegraph:

UK's Covid traffic light travel plan too simplistic, say scientists

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the freedom that isn't free

David Squires:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's not how economies work Adcock.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Lorna Miller on David Cameron, Rishi Sunak and Greensill – As the furore grows over Cameron’s lobbying on behalf of the collapsed Greensill Capital, neither the former Tory leader nor the chancellor have satisfied their critics"

Telegraph:

Easing of England lockdown next week 'highly unlikely' to overwhelm NHS

Independent:

Oxford/AstraZeneca jab could have causal link to rare blood clots, say UK experts

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a third wave of Covid

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories’ flag-waving distraction from Covid toll – As bereaved families call for an inquiry into the government’s handling of the pandemic, with a mural opposite parliament commemorating the dead, Boris Johnson’s government is busy promoting the union jack and defending statues"

Telegraph:

"Labour losing Hartlepool will come as no surprise given Starmer's indulgence of identity politics"

Independent:

Sister of man who died after AstraZeneca jab urges public to have vaccine After Munch.

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a dog's life for walkers

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Oh my that Telegraph take.

If there's one thing Starmer doesn't indulge on it's identity politics.

Well okay it's not the only thing, but "even more cops than Tories to deal with race-related protests" doesn't scream id-pol to me.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 8, 2021

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Private Speech posted:

Oh my that Telegraph take.

If there's one thing Starmer doesn't indulge on it's identity politics.

Well okay it's not the only thing, but "even more cops than Tories to deal with race-related protests" doesn't scream id-pol to me.
It perfectly illustrates why Starmer is the worst politician in living memory and/or an MI5 plant on a mission to secure Conservative rule for another ten years. No amount of shadow cabinet members making statements like "a Labour government will shag every cop in the country and give them powers of execution on anyone not wearing enough poppies" is going to make a dent in the culture war narrative of "Labour support a black disabled lesbian James Bond and hate the white working class and Starmer personally protected Jimmy Saville from prosecution". It does completely alienate everyone who voted Labour in the last two elections though :v:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That was true in the Blair years too though, my main memory of that time is how Blair was supposedly paying for holiday outings for asbo teens and single mothers and asylum seekers.

Which makes it even funnier that the Labour right apparently just didn't internalise that at all and it has apparently come as a shock that Starmer is getting the same treatment.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That was true in the Blair years too though, my main memory of that time is how Blair was supposedly paying for holiday outings for asbo teens and single mothers and asylum seekers.

Which makes it even funnier that the Labour right apparently just didn't internalise that at all and it has apparently come as a shock that Starmer is getting the same treatment.

Oh they definitely internalised that alright

Also,
This is a dog snatch hot-spot lmao

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Northern Ireland unrest and the AstraZeneca vaccine – Northern Ireland has been rocked by six nights of violence that have left 55 police officers injured. Meanwhile, concerns have been mounting over reports of rare blood clots in recipients of the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid jab"

Telegraph:

"Herd immunity is within reach. So why won't ministers talk about it?"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Angora blankets and hot water bottles: London pubs and restaurants get ready for alfresco drinkers

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... our vaccination rollout

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Oh god i can't wait for the godawful memorial pablum

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, obituary

Guardian:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After Lichfield.

Evening Standard:

Mail:

Stephen Collins:

And in other Stephen Collins news:
https://twitter.com/stephen_collins/status/1380221734226436100

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 10, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

GIANT PHILLIP SMASH

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The longest shadow, from his long, red nose.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Those lines make it look like he's a fuckin meteorite :allears: