Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Inspector Hound posted:

I think the best zombie game is still Dying Light, where you do parkour through Rio and beat up zombies with electric guitars

Best drop-kick in a first-person game

Drop-kick a zombie's head off

Also the DLC where you get a spiked buggy with electric blasts and it becomes carmageddon with zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Best drop-kick in a first-person game

Drop-kick a zombie's head off

Also the DLC where you get a spiked buggy with electric blasts and it becomes carmageddon with zombies

Lol how did I forget about the cars, just a great game

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
If they were to, I guess, completely Remake the game, are they planning on doing a new script or new voice actors and if so, lol

Really I'm just full of questions now

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

As I sit here making a fresh batch of lubricant and silicone tubing, I stare longingly at the pouch fish in my aquarium. I can’t help but experience yet again that ever so crushing loneliness. So lonely. So alone. More crushing than the deepest depths this planet has to offer. I take up my lubricant and my silicone tube, my hands are shaking in anticipation of finally feeling, something. I lurch toward the fish tank. Their eyes, know not what’s coming. In those final moments of sublime release, as I collapse in bliss, I whisper to the bare habitat walls around me, “subnaughtyca.”

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Blind Rasputin posted:

:stare::stare: my god dude you practically went flawless first phase. I felt like maybe you got what I get often, final phase crushing existential anxiety syndrome lol. It’s weird because his final phase feels so much more intimidating and different and hectic, but it’s actually 90% the same as the first phase. Even still, it was way rad that you were able to turn that around and kill him.

Hardest boss of the game is down for you! You’re now in the what like 8% of players who’ve actually beat him. How much more you got to go until you get to isshin?

I think the problem with the 2nd phase is his owl disappear move. The 1st phase is very easy to manage when you stay up in his face and it has a very predictable rhythm. With the owl disappear move you have to run around to avoid it and that inevitably puts some distance between you which upsets the rhythm and allows him to use parts of his moveset that I wasnt as familiar with from being so aggressive in the 1st phase.

I can go take on the final boss now I think. I havent done DoH yet but idk if I care about beating him tbh, wasnt having fun with him at all :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Finally got a proper update from the Disco Elysium devs:

https://discoelysium.com/devblog/2021/04/09/a-word-on-playstation-patches-brother

Looks like 1.3 is the patch to wait for. I may just start over from scratch once it comes out.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

haveblue posted:

I've literally never seen worthwhile notes on that screen. I'm pretty sure even the PS OS updates that introduce major new features still get written up as "performance and stability improvements"

Like I said, a lot of first party devs put worthwhile patch notes there, I've seen good notes from Gran Turismo and various others. "Performance and stability improvements" still kinda count, it's the ones who don't put anything there at all or just a link to a webpage that suck the most, like Io Interactive and Hello Games.

E: Thinking about it, the Beat Saber devs put detailed patch notes there so it's not just first party I guess.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

fridge corn posted:

I think the problem with the 2nd phase is his owl disappear move. The 1st phase is very easy to manage when you stay up in his face and it has a very predictable rhythm. With the owl disappear move you have to run around to avoid it and that inevitably puts some distance between you which upsets the rhythm and allows him to use parts of his moveset that I wasnt as familiar with from being so aggressive in the 1st phase.

I can go take on the final boss now I think. I havent done DoH yet but idk if I care about beating him tbh, wasnt having fun with him at all :(

Upgrade hat to flame hat! Makes doh much more manageable

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Good thing I've waited on Disco Elysium all this time, maybe I'll start Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin while waiting

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Good thing I've waited on Disco Elysium all this time, maybe I'll start Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin while waiting

I'm annoyed by waiting even longer but I guess to hell with it I'll grab Captain Tsubasa in the meantime

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Here is my Owl Father fight from last night, first time ever beating him. Not too bad except for a massive blunder in phase two where the camera didn't lock on when I thought it would and I ended up disoriented and tanked a bunch of hits I shouldn't have while wasting gourd charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZKf7lBuz6g

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Some really good Bro-op going on.

Farron Watchdogs is a great fight. The music cues are some of the best in the Soulsbourne games.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

What’s VG’s twitch schedule?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Simone Magus posted:

I'm annoyed by waiting even longer but I guess to hell with it I'll grab Captain Tsubasa in the meantime

Ooh, 50% off? I'll join you.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Blind Rasputin posted:

What’s VG’s twitch schedule?

I think Tuesday Friday and Sunday at like noon PDT?

Also, fwiw, if you’re playing on PS5, the new update for Disco Elysium fixed a bunch of stuff, like a bug that Regy Rusty and I both had was later fixed and I was able to come back and do the thing that the bug was blocking me from. It seems like it’s always run a bit better on PS5, but yeah the patch has fixed some important stuff.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 10, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wish we got Director's cuts of game with all the stuff that they had to abandon to get the game released in time.

Gimme the crane set piece from Uncharted 4 and make those mummies come to life and chase me. You wanna remake Last of Us again? Add in being able to throw stuff as well so I can scrabble around like I'm in an apocalypse or something, using a bunch of books or a cash register or whatever random junk we've got nearby besides bricks and bottles to knock people out with.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg streams at (these are all British times):

Tuesday from 6:30pm
Friday from 7pm
Sunday from 2pm

And once again astronomical progress is being made. I thought it was insane enough to do all of Farron AND Cathedral of the Deep in one stream, but to then also make significant progress in the catacombs messed me up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is he saving Seigward?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Bust Rodd posted:

Is he saving Seigward?

Yeah, we met Patches and got our boy his armour back. Then VG, Esco, BP and I rolled up on the Deacons and played a 4-man curbstomp symphony.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
How was Crystal Sage, I was worried about that boss with Veeg’s build but I know our VeeG is as indomitable as he is plucky

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
He beat the Sage first try if I remember right.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Draga posted:

Yeah, we met Patches and got our boy his armour back. Then VG, Esco, BP and I rolled up on the Deacons and played a 4-man curbstomp symphony.

It was fuckin unreal, just wall to wall ground beef preachers

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Load times for Days Gone are better on PS5, which is how I played it.

But I love Days Gone, really bummed if there is never a sequel. :(

No?

I'm saddened by this. I grew up in Oregon, and my father was for much of my childhood a fully checked list of biker tropes. A huge beard, leather and denim, only rode Harley Davidsons unless they were dirt bikes. We spent a lot of time at quasi communes, like what I guess I might now think of as libertarian strongholds, ha. He cooked crank (that's how he met my mom) and when I was little I would party with he and hundreds of bikers, topless women, rock and roll. I hung out with Country Joe McDonald, Commander Cody, some of the guys from Steppenwolf and the drummer from Lovin Spoonful. I mean, that was all when I was really young. A kid. And mostly I just have pictures, not so much the memories. I mean to say, I'm not bragging.

Anyway, my dad died a few months ago (just thirty days after my mom for fucks sake) and I'm currently trying to get hold of a decent Harley Davidson gas tank because I think that's what he'd want to be (technically his final wishes were "roll me up and toss me in a ditch for all I care").

Ummm, so I say all that to say that I was really, really looking forward to this game. I live in this place, I grew up around these people, and my dad even introduced me to Road Warrior when I was really young which was my favorite movie pretty much until Fury Road came out. So that's connected, too.

The loading times seem to be oooookay once the initial horrible thing is finished. What is annoying me now is I'm at the segment where you're riding on the back of the bike, and he's just gripping the bars by his butt instead of putting his arms around the pilot. They're driving on some really rough terrain and going fast and taking fast turns. It looks goofy as hell seeing him just sitting so rigid. Are modern bikers afraid to touch one another? The folks I grew up with weren't always what one would call progressive, but they never were so homophobic that they wouldn't ride with each other, put their hands on each other for support.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Fix posted:

Ooh, 50% off? I'll join you.

It's really good so far! I just got a goal and he yelled I'M THE GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
And like in any good action RPG, the key to victory in anime football is the dodge button

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

credburn posted:

What is annoying me now is I'm at the segment where you're riding on the back of the bike, and he's just gripping the bars by his butt instead of putting his arms around the pilot. They're driving on some really rough terrain and going fast and taking fast turns. It looks goofy as hell seeing him just sitting so rigid. Are modern bikers afraid to touch one another? The folks I grew up with weren't always what one would call progressive, but they never were so homophobic that they wouldn't ride with each other, put their hands on each other for support.

Maybe been a while since you rode as a passenger, but it feels a lot more stable to grab a rigid luggage rack than it does a person not actually connected to the bike. I learned to ride in Southeast Asia and that's how locals do it if they need to (most don't, you get your "sea legs" and realise you seldom need to hold on to anything as a passenger).

As a rider, I'd tell new passengers the same, but women usually chose to hold onto me anyways :3:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Yeah, now that I think about it, I grew up riding big burping things that didn't really have anything to hold on to. Sometimes not even a place for the passenger's feet.

Further Days Gone annoyance: In the "Drifters on the Mountain" storyline description, it reads:

Cope said that word out in the poo poo is that the Rippers are looking for me and Boozer. WTF? Yeah, like I said, we've had our...

What is the conceit, here? In The Witcher series, all these mission logs are presumably written after the fact by a bard. A lot of the time in games these are journal entries. I had sort of thought these were conversations. They feel conversational ("Yeah, like I said...") but he uses the acronym WTF? So, are all these mission, storyline descriptions part of a text chain? A post-apocalypse Twitter?

I'm starting to worry my protagonist is going to turn out to be a 4chan weeb prior to the apocalypse :\

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

credburn posted:

Yeah, now that I think about it, I grew up riding big burping things that didn't really have anything to hold on to. Sometimes not even a place for the passenger's feet.

Further Days Gone annoyance: In the "Drifters on the Mountain" storyline description, it reads:

Cope said that word out in the poo poo is that the Rippers are looking for me and Boozer. WTF? Yeah, like I said, we've had our...

What is the conceit, here? In The Witcher series, all these mission logs are presumably written after the fact by a bard. A lot of the time in games these are journal entries. I had sort of thought these were conversations. They feel conversational ("Yeah, like I said...") but he uses the acronym WTF? So, are all these mission, storyline descriptions part of a text chain? A post-apocalypse Twitter?

I'm starting to worry my protagonist is going to turn out to be a 4chan weeb prior to the apocalypse :\

shhhssh don't think about it too hard

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

He was just a low IQ emotionally stunted person into motorcycles and being “cut in” or whatever before the apocalypse. Then he met a super smart science gal way too good looking for him, and the apocalypse happened. Now, he’s still just a low IQ emotionally stunted person. The developers actually somehow succeeded at animating a face that really conveys the struggles of basic understanding. It’s incredible. I personally believe that the game takes so long to beat because we are living it through the mind of Deacon and he’s just not intelligent and it takes him a long time to figure out what to do next. If the protagonist was, say, Nathan Drake, or that guy from Mass Effect, he’d have the gal found and the main plot points licked in no time and it would be a 20 hour game. Tops.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Friday from 7pm
Sunday from 2pm

And once again astronomical progress is being made. I thought it was insane enough to do all of Farron AND Cathedral of the Deep in one stream, but to then also make significant progress in the catacombs messed me up

I get very lucky despite diving head in to all situations!
This is all I can imagine as my superpower.

(Probably not the right tactics for Sekiro though!)

Bust Rodd posted:

Is he saving Seigward?

Heck yeah we are! :D Bought him armour from patches, chucked it in the well. Also him joining me to fight the big spiky dude was awesome.

Bust Rodd posted:

How was Crystal Sage, I was worried about that boss with Veeg’s build but I know our VeeG is as indomitable as he is plucky

Also I managed to beat them first try. Once the others showed up and shot blue spikes my way I guessed it was a bit of a fakeout and I would have to make sure I went for the one throwing purple stuff my way and it worked out! First try felt really, really good. Same with the Abyss Watchers. BP and I doing them first try was a real rush and I had to really perfect my dodging.

So, just woken up and feeling pretty refreshed. Thank you to those who joined me last night and extra thanks to those who joined in! :D I always have a ton of fun when you join my game and we go speeding around looking for things. Da From Force.

I still have not got the hang of human invaders. I cannot hit them to save my ingame life. They are much faster than me at both attacking and defending and I wonder if it is just a product of not having as much practice. At least the speed of movement means I feel like I have a chance.

Dark Souls 3 is phenomenal and the amount of fun I am having is through the roof. We took down: Abyss Watchers, Deacon Blue, Asylum Demon (not really a boss) and Crystal Sage. Feeling very accomplished.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVTrEbBBtY

This is the 'highlight' reel of my first Dark Souls session. 8 to go :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I fell asleep during your steam VG and missed so much lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Also:

lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

VideoGames posted:

Also:

i forgot about that dude closing the loving door :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

Friday from 7pm
Sunday from 2pm

are you making GBS threads me hes in the catacombs already

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

Wish we got Director's cuts of game with all the stuff that they had to abandon to get the game released in time.

Gimme the crane set piece from Uncharted 4 and make those mummies come to life and chase me. You wanna remake Last of Us again? Add in being able to throw stuff as well so I can scrabble around like I'm in an apocalypse or something, using a bunch of books or a cash register or whatever random junk we've got nearby besides bricks and bottles to knock people out with.

How about a proper Uncharted collection that actually has all the content this time? Cutting co-op & multiplayer then shutting down the servers for the PS3 versions was really lovely. Would still be playing the multiplayer today if they'd included it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
This match in Captain Tsubasa can eat my entire butt!!! I've failed like 15 times because of the twins' insta goal move :mad:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Also:

Ahahaha, you noping out of there when you saw the Titanite Demon was great.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Let that video be proof that he could always parry.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In Sekiro I was stuck on the blazing bull for a while. But treating the bull like you’re a matador and timing the parry is so much easier than trying to stay close. Holy moly it’s like cheesing.

Do all bosses have some type of gimmick that makes them significantly easier like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

boop the snoot posted:

In Sekiro I was stuck on the blazing bull for a while. But treating the bull like you’re a matador and timing the parry is so much easier than trying to stay close. Holy moly it’s like cheesing.

Do all bosses have some type of gimmick that makes them significantly easier like this?

I mean, deflecting really.