Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wark Say posted:

Didn't he already had to pay for everything + the judge threw the book at Nick and Ty?

It's still in appeals so he hasn't paid anything besides what he paid his own lawyers, who would be even dumber than I thought if they took this on contingency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Wark Say posted:

Didn't he already had to pay for everything + the judge threw the book at Nick and Ty?

Vic already has to pay the defendants legal fees (forget what the amount was) and because Ty appealed the decision, the fees Vic owes will now be double.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mallratcal posted:

Vic already has to pay the defendants legal fees (forget what the amount was) and because Ty appealed the decision, the fees Vic owes will now be double.

I don't care in this particular case because he's an rear end in a top hat who deserves to be penniless, but that fact he probably has no standing to sue his own lawyers for malpractice is an indictment of the entire legal system.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MechaX posted:

You know, I’m wondering how Vic’s dynamic legal duo, Nick and Ty are doing these days

Incidentally I just discovered that Ty’s office is only a few miles from my house. It’s in a bank building right across the street from my high school and shares a floor with a store that sells old coins and poo poo.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I don't care in this particular case because he's an rear end in a top hat who deserves to be penniless, but that fact he probably has no standing to sue his own lawyers for malpractice is an indictment of the entire legal system.

Yeah, it’s unfortunate that they will get away from this with no real repercussions. And Ty made off with what? 200K of stupid peoples money.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Shades of

https://twitter.com/hemantmehta/status/1355273234644676609

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

There's a murder committed in the comments that works for both situations;

https://twitter.com/Lauruhhpalooza/status/1355275514831843332

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stonk: What the poo poo was that?!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hahaha what the gently caress happened to churches after I stopped going regularly?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
It's a pretty common thing, churches try to trick people into liking Christianity by advertising as something cool and then they slip in the Jesus. The Power Team has been doing it since the late 70s

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Vic's church thing has been cancelled lol

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Wow, that was fast. Wouldn't have thought they'd care.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
FUNIMATION CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Midjack posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress happened to churches after I stopped going regularly?

People will use the bible to define whatever they think is right as god's truth sometimes it's good ( a lot of early abolitionists were also super into god and used the bible to explain why slavery was evil) and sometimes it's bad (a lot of slave owners were also super into god and used the bible to explain why it was not only fine, but an actual moral good to own another human being).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Piell posted:

It's a pretty common thing, churches try to trick people into liking Christianity by advertising as something cool and then they slip in the Jesus. The Power Team has been doing it since the late 70s

*skateboards in, backwards cap on. Dips shades*

"Hey Kids you like anime? Well what if I told you cancel culture was crucifying one of its most beloved voice actors like Jesus?"

RubberLuffy posted:

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1380578996069433344?s=20https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?s=20

ah, so you persecute Vic

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a murder committed in the comments that works for both situations;

https://twitter.com/Lauruhhpalooza/status/1355275514831843332

That video is like reading a bunch of youtube comments. All thats missing was YEAH WELL HITLER WAS A CHRISTIAN FUK U

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RubberLuffy posted:

[bursting in the door heavily panting] CANCEL CULTURE

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RubberLuffy posted:

I legit wonder if they scheduled the event before checking what was really up with him and once they did their checkup, they went "gently caress EVERY SECOND OF THAT"

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lotta people here assuming they wouldn't be 100% cool with Vic's whole thing, considering the other people they'll feature.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wark Say posted:

I legit wonder if they scheduled the event before checking what was really up with him and once they did their checkup, they went "gently caress EVERY SECOND OF THAT"

I figure that most likely, someone or other from Twitter forwarded the info to their social media account(s)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, there's minimum standards to qualify for "Only moral abortion is my abortion" hypocritical chaff status. A "WHO?" voice actor that isn't even doing something that would actually "own the libs" is well short of that.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also Vic is kind of notorious for creeping on underaged girls, he was doing it back when he was a freaking youth pastor. Sometimes that means making enemies of fellow members of the elect. Maybe one of them made a quiet inquiry.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
and now I guess the church thing is back on

what a rollercoaster

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1380903913553977344

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Changed his mind after "prayer and thought"

loving lmao

what are the odds that a bunch of vic stans and chuds are suddenly going to attend this church service thinking this is just a lateral move from his convention appearances

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MechaX posted:

loving lmao

what are the odds that a bunch of vic stans and chuds are suddenly going to attend this church service thinking this is just a lateral move from his convention appearances

finally churches have found a way to increase attendance among incels in a way that the sign outside saying "Attack on Titan? No! Attack on Bible" could not

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RubberLuffy posted:

and now I guess the church thing is back on

what a rollercoaster

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1380903913553977344

Another successful case of internet bullying.

I wonder if the blue hairs and the others not in the know are going to get treated to a conversation about how the Devil worked through Funimation and some :females: to try and snuff out his valiant Christian Soul.

Ethel, Agnes, and their gossip girl crew are going to react real well to finding out he's been spreading Alchemy to the children through cartoons.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"I notice that some of you are wearing ahuhgow shirts, did I say that right? I am told that is the face of ecstasy as God enters a lamb's body. Anyway Psalms-

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

loving lmao

Some of his convention appearances include the Vic Mignonga Spirituality Hour.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happily we've gotten to the heart of the matter.

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1380960099984834561

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Happily we've gotten to the heart of the matter.

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1380960099984834561

:qq: BUH THEY SJW'D MY ANIMES :qq:

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Midjack posted:

Some of his convention appearances include the Vic Mignonga Spirituality Hour.

Complete with shilling his CDs of church songs and spoken monologues on faith.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Violet_Sky posted:

:qq: BUH THEY SJW'D MY ANIMES :qq:

It is funny how many of the crowd that defended Vic will also say 'subs > dubs' or something.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Dawgstar posted:

It is funny how many of the crowd that defended Vic will also say 'subs > dubs' or something.

I don't know if this was something you recalled from memory or you read one of the comments in MarzGurl's thread there, but still lol if the latter, those folks are nuts, big lol if the former because that legit happened in those comments and it confused the gently caress out of me

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Dawgstar posted:

Yup...
https://twitter.com/vg_zeitgeist/status/1380960975306649601

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Do they not know that all of those adjectives are Vic

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i dug on that thread a little and that guy in particular claims not to really care about vic and instead is loudly asserting every single dub organization is just a ball of abusive pedophiles ruining anime

so the barrel does go down further

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Patware posted:

i dug on that thread a little and that guy in particular claims not to really care about vic and instead is loudly asserting every single dub organization is just a ball of abusive pedophiles ruining anime

so the barrel does go down further

There's just something not quite right about the guy though. Jumps into a twitter thread about Vic, yelps about Funimation being trash, the company Vic just so happens to have gripes against and took to court, despite Funimation never coming up originally and yet doesn't care for Vic? Excuse me for having my doubts on that last one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1380971733985861636?s=20

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
the 'fat brigade' huh. classy guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i'm honestly amazed Vic is still letting nick findom his rear end after the legal meltdown