Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"im not a gamer! im not a gamer!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Bayonetta progress report:

"Haha, that's a pretty cute Space Harrier reference, they even put the boss from the first stage in there!"

Then the creeping realisation that it's not just the first stage of Space Harrier, it's the whole game, but with a Dodge move that make me nauseous (the entire screen rotates 360° every time).

Powered through it. Thinking about getting Bayonetta 2 on the switch.

the worst part about the otherwise cool space harrier stuff is that the best boss in the game is locked behind it. bayonetta 2 is also great though! and overall a lot more forgiving

good dog

good dog

good dog

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The first footage I see of the Diablo 2 remaster is of a vTuber playing it.

She mentions how when she was a small child, her mom used to play and she would watch and I feel so old I instantly turn to dust

Weedle
May 31, 2006

what’s the general feeling on spore these days? i was thinking about it today and now i see that it’s $5 on steam. i know it was considered a huge disappointment at the time but now that we’re far removed from the hype, is it at least a good time?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

She mentions how when she was a small child, her mom used to play and she would watch and I feel so old I instantly turn to dust

Cool mom tho

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Moms are tough

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got the Umbrella Corporation covid vaccine just now.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Simone Magus posted:

Moms are tough

I have played FFXIII and I'm playing Bayonetta, so I know this is true

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I downloaded the D2 alpha and within 5 minutes remembered how clunky and awkward it is and how ugly the UI is. It should've been a full remake with actual updates and QOL stuff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last time on Persona 4 Golden:

- Ha ha, Yosuke thinks diving into the tv is like spelunking. Of course the rope snaps dummy!
- I can see why the bear thinks we're throwing people in here. There's no one else here! And he's an empty halloween costume?
- gently caress! This creepy dick is Teddie.
- "Thou art I, I art though." I got chills.
- Poor Saki. :(
- gently caress. Shadow Yosuke. Now we're 2 Personas.
- The next contestant on the Midnight Channel is: Yukiko? No, she's at the inn working.
- Except now she's not. And she's showing off the goods? That's not Yukiko.
- Ha ha, we get arrested because Yosuke is waving around prop weapons in public. What a glorious dumbass.
- Thank god Uncle ACAB is here to bail us out.
- This Adachi creep is sketch af
- Of course Chie would know where we can buy real weapons and armor.

You know, I'm really not liking how other people are treating Yukiko. From the beginning, everyone has been hitting on her or tells other people to hit on her. The teenagers I get, even Chie, but the reporters on tv are kind of gross.

And so far Yosuke is ok. Sure he's a bored kid with some questionable motives, but I was the new kid a few times growing up and it ain't easy. Also despite his Shadow he seemed to genuinely care for Saki and Yukiko.

Also I bought new weapons instead of armor. I'm going to regret that aren't I?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Weedle posted:

what’s the general feeling on spore these days? i was thinking about it today and now i see that it’s $5 on steam. i know it was considered a huge disappointment at the time but now that we’re far removed from the hype, is it at least a good time?

Depends on how much you enjoy the youtube series Monster Factory. Do you think making characters look very ugly is worth playing the rest of an incredibly mediocre game that last I checked had a crashing issue? You might like it then

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Walla posted:

Also I bought new weapons instead of armor. I'm going to regret that aren't I?

Weapons are totally alright in the beginning of the game when you dont have any SP regen or that many spells to begin with. Gives your party members something to do when they cant hit a weakness, or after they hit a weakness but didn't land the kill. The big issue with weapons is that they only improve your character's autoattacks (and all-out attack but thats always gonna be strong) and not the damage of their physical skills, so Yosuke's lunge does the same damage whether he has the best weapon in the game equipped or no weapon. The main reason to not buy weapons is that every character will get a special weapon from sidequests very soon after unlocking them, and they'll have some sort of bonus to them that makes them better than 90% of the other weapons in the game. Like, one party member's gives them +50 SP, which is way better for a spellcaster than any amount of attack damage. I say this because money is gonna be REALLY tough for a while so you won't have nearly enough money to keep your whole team stocked up, so not buying weapons is just sort of a no-brainer

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the concept of TLOU being remade within a decade and turning Bend into a support studio for Naughty Dog is so stupid that I feel like Jim Ryan is secretly Phil Harrison in disguise, back again to ruin Sony

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
sekiro last boss progress: feel comfortable through everything except the last phase now should be soon enough that I'm the master shinobi

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay I just won my first match in Captain Tsubasa and I am all in and extremely here for this DragonBall football nonsense lmao

It really owns, the football is extremely fun already with ridiculous animations

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Weapons are totally alright in the beginning of the game when you dont have any SP regen or that many spells to begin with. Gives your party members something to do when they cant hit a weakness, or after they hit a weakness but didn't land the kill. The big issue with weapons is that they only improve your character's autoattacks (and all-out attack but thats always gonna be strong) and not the damage of their physical skills, so Yosuke's lunge does the same damage whether he has the best weapon in the game equipped or no weapon. The main reason to not buy weapons is that every character will get a special weapon from sidequests very soon after unlocking them, and they'll have some sort of bonus to them that makes them better than 90% of the other weapons in the game. Like, one party member's gives them +50 SP, which is way better for a spellcaster than any amount of attack damage. I say this because money is gonna be REALLY tough for a while so you won't have nearly enough money to keep your whole team stocked up, so not buying weapons is just sort of a no-brainer

Good to know. If I had realized I could save before going to Junes I probably would have bought armor instead but it's not big deal.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I buy new weapons in persona games if they look cool i don't care if it's suboptimal :p

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

P4 is the only game where weapons really get completely left by the wayside. P3 weapons are almost exclusively from chest drops and are way better than anything you can find at the shop, and in P5 you have so much money you can buy anything, and you don't have to worry about spending money on armor because of the laundry.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

stopped by the asian supermarket today

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Y'all can enjoy my prune any time... :wink:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone should quit whatever game they're playing and play Library of Ruina, instead.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t name your kingdom Ruina imo

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sekiro last boss progress: feel comfortable through everything except the last phase now should be soon enough that I'm the master shinobi

here i am on my 19th go at genichiro

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Whizzing Wizard posted:

As a child I first played Diablo 2 visiting my uncle. I killed off his character multiple times in the act 2 sewers and did not retrieve the body. sorry, uncle dave.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Doing everything I can

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Acerbatus posted:

Everyone should quit whatever game they're playing and play Library of Ruina, instead.

I will once TeeQueue finishes his excellent Lp of Lobotomy Corp.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

you can do it! be the lightning, the rain transformed

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Is it out of early access yet?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Weedle posted:

stopped by the asian supermarket today

Hey I also stopped by the Asian mart today

I got mitsurashi dango and I will always pick up a bag of sweet and tangy hi chew

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Is it out of early access yet?

It is next week, though the price will go up then since it's on discount for EA

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Acerbatus posted:

It is next week, though the price will go up then since it's on discount for EA

nah probably not next week, their update schedule post the other day said they're hoping for sometime in may, planning to spend the time until then polishing and balancing and adding more side content

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lets hang out posted:

nah probably not next week, their update schedule post the other day said they're hoping for sometime in may, planning to spend the time until then polishing and balancing and adding more side content

Again? rip, it was supposed to be april 9th and 16th as of the last major update.

it's still one of the best games I've ever played though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Okay I just won my first match in Captain Tsubasa and I am all in and extremely here for this DragonBall football nonsense lmao

It really owns, the football is extremely fun already with ridiculous animations

I should play this...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should play this...

It's great but very challenging. You have to play the football like it's an ARPG because it 1000% is one.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

There's not enough games where you play a librarian sorting books

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Acerbatus posted:

Again? rip, it was supposed to be april 9th and 16th as of the last major update.

it's still one of the best games I've ever played though.

well yeah the update next friday will probably be the last major one. they're just hopefully going to clean things up and add more general invites and gifts before officially calling it released

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ErrEff posted:

There's not enough games where you play a librarian sorting books

A not inaccurate description of what you do in lor.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Walla posted:

Hey Charliefoxtrot, thanks again for posting that P5 curry a couple of months ago. We've had curry 3 weeks in a row now, including potato curry last week and we're going to try lamb curry this week. We've used the P5 curry with some modifications as the basis for all of them. So good.

Previously on Persona 5 Strikers:
(minor curry-related spoilers)

The LeBlanc Curry recipe is a solid one. It doesn't have potato though -- putting that in adds starch to make it rich and thick; I basically went until all the onion and most of the potato had completely dissolved. Because of that I also left the carrots as chunks to sit alongside the beef. The flourish of chocolate and coffee in the reduction works extremely well. Rice was garnished with daikon sprouts, chives, and scallion greens. Paired with this Dorcha Extra Stout which I got because it had coffee beans on the can lol... also I am going to be eating this curry all weekend

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Taylor Swift released her re-recorded version of Fearless and it is good, honestly can't wait for the other albums too :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Some cool dogs in this thread.