Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Stage select screen:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1380702765270327298?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Incubus internally regretting only bringing one sword. Jagganoth had the foresight to bring like 9.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

Incubus internally regretting only bringing one sword. Jagganoth had the foresight to bring like 9.

If he actually listened to Meti he should be able to Cut without something as needless as a sword. But alas, Meti was cursed with two terrible students.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Final Destination, no items

Looks like AC (probably the White Chain part) realized immediately that Jag's answer was Really Bad News and is now prepping the field for the real fight.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Greg Egan wrote an interesting story set in a world with 2 time-like dimensions and 2 spatial dimensions as opposed to our 3 spatial and 1 time universe. one of the interesting side effect of those physics is turning 90 degrees left or right is impossible as accelerating to the speed of light. Also the most stable shape isn't a sphere but a hyperboloid. He explores the math in an easy to understand for non-physicists on his website: https://www.gregegan.net/DICHRONAUTS/DICHRONAUTS.html

Yadoppsi fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 11, 2021

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm not sure but I think she's making essentially making the ghostgate from morrowind.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Yadoppsi posted:

Greg Egan wrote an interesting story set in a world with 2 time-like dimensions and 2 spatial dimensions as opposed to our 3 spatial and 1 time universe. one of the interesting side effect of those physics is turning 90 degrees left or right is impossible as accelerating to the speed of light. Also the most stable shape isn't a sphere but a hyperboloid. He explores the math in an easy to understand for non-physicists on his website: https://www.gregegan.net/DICHRONAUTS/DICHRONAUTS.html
As well as entire trilogy set in universe where there's no distinction between space-like and time-like dimensions. It's pretty good.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Forgall posted:

As well as entire trilogy set in universe where there's no distinction between space-like and time-like dimensions. It's pretty good.

Ttiles? I love me some Greg Egan.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I'm not sure but I think she's making essentially making the ghostgate from morrowind.

I suppose we'll find out next page, but it looks to me like she's rasing the entire island into the air - the pillars in the last page are columns of water falling off of the black underside above.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

shirts and skins posted:

I suppose we'll find out next page, but it looks to me like she's rasing the entire island into the air - the pillars in the last page are columns of water falling off of the black underside above.

:aaaaa:

Yeah I see it now, she's floating the island. My first thought was that she was raising some very sharp/smooth walls but it didn't really seem that clear to me. Floating the island makes a lot more sense with what we're seeing there.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Omobono posted:

Ttiles? I love me some Greg Egan.
"Orthogonal" is the name of the trilogy, books are "The Clockwork Rocket", "The Eternal Flame" and "The Arrows of Time".

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

nimby posted:

:aaaaa:

Yeah I see it now, she's floating the island. My first thought was that she was raising some very sharp/smooth walls but it didn't really seem that clear to me. Floating the island makes a lot more sense with what we're seeing there.

Yeah I also saw it as walls before it was pointed out.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I first saw it as walls that she was erecting, then I noticed that she was lifting the arena, but it took reading the thread for me to fully parse the cascading water as water and not like truckloads of falling ash or something.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I'm pretty sure it actually is somewhere between water and ash. Looks like almost everything got hit by the same stone-like binding spell rendering it... whatever it is now, but it definitely doesn't seem like normal water anymore.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Aspected Chaos gonna smash this island straight into the Flower Capital.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Hello K6BD thread. I’ve decided it’s time to re-read the series yet again. I’m trying to do it on my iPad and since all the images are also links most mobile browsers don’t show the alt text. I thought I had a solution since Chrome actually shows the alt text on images that are links, but the further I go I’ve noticed that it truncates the alt text of it’s too long, which a lot are.

Does anyone have a decent solution to this? Is there some obscure browser that works? An alternative site that’s mobile optimized? Or am I just going to have to dig out a laptop?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
You can't just do the standard mobile thing of holding a finger on the image until the alt text comes up? I'm not really familiar with apple stuff.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

she's going to dump all seven of them into the void lol

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

GlyphGryph posted:

You can't just do the standard mobile thing of holding a finger on the image until the alt text comes up? I'm not really familiar with apple stuff.
That works on iPhone/Firefox for me. 🤷‍♂️

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oh yeah it does look like she's lifting the island up rather than creating walls. I guess if you're fighting an unbeatable enemy and there's no volcano nearby that you can use to launch him into space, you must be your own volcano.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Aspected Chaos gonna smash this island straight into the Metatron’s big stupid angel face.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Final Destination is a reference to this, so it's a floating island.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/no-items-fox-only-final-destination

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Thundarr posted:

Oh yeah it does look like she's lifting the island up rather than creating walls. I guess if you're fighting an unbeatable enemy and there's no volcano nearby that you can use to launch him into space, you must be your own volcano.

Ah yes going for the Jojo part 2 ending.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

standard.deviant posted:

That works on iPhone/Firefox for me. 🤷‍♂️

This is what I get in Firefox or any browser that isn't Chrome. It just shows the link that you're sent to if you were to click on the image.

Chrome works except for the truncating they started doing like 2 years back.

choobs fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 11, 2021

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

choobs posted:

This is what I get in Firefox or any browser that isn't Chrome. It just shows the link that you're sent to if you were to click on the image.

Weird. It looks like the old strips do that on Firefox but the new ones give alt text. (Because clicking on the comic gives you the next comic for anything but the newest one.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

choobs posted:

Chrome works except for the truncating they started doing like 2 years back.
Tap the alt-text to expand it in Chrome. Just tested this on Android.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tried it on the recent one that had a dril tweet as alt text; worked as advertised.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I like that Solomon Dave can tell what's going on and knows it's a good idea but he's still pissy about them loving with his house

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

IUG posted:

Final Destination is a reference to this, so it's a floating island.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/no-items-fox-only-final-destination

This is the first reference in the alt texts that i didn't get, and its one that upon explanation that I really should have. Love it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I keep wondering when Chekhov's Auntie Maya is going to go off

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

I keep wondering when Chekhov's Auntie Maya is going to go off

You can only get up to 8 people in Smash nowadays so there's no free slots available. Somebody is going to have to pick up their sticks and sit out a round.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
when maya shows up to kill incubus aspected chaos is just going to eat her.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
or add her to the ever-expanding Voltron

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

jsoh posted:

when maya shows up to kill incubus aspected chaos is just going to eat her.

You know, I wouldn't blame chaos for eating maya she is probably pretty well marinated given her drinking and she has a nice muscle-fat ratio like Waygu. Which K6BD character do you think would be most tasty for Chaos to eat?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MinutePirateBug posted:

You know, I wouldn't blame chaos for eating maya she is probably pretty well marinated given her drinking and she has a nice muscle-fat ratio like Waygu. Which K6BD character do you think would be most tasty for Chaos to eat?

This is a road you do not want to go down on the Internet

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Chaos just starts doing the Shin Getter thing where it uses combining into people as an attack maneuver

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The prophecy picture we saw when Jadis called out the K6BD name showed Allison flanked by WC and Cio, which we can interpret as being Voltron'ed. Maya and Jagganoth were off to the side, with the remaining demiurges arrayed against them all, so we might be looking at a fight with four distinct factions (though Maya is most likely going to be sympathetic to anyone not-Incubus).

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Maya seems to have some kind of moral compass, so she probably isn't going to do something that would obviously screw over innocent people.

At every opportunity, she has acted to protect bystanders.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr. Lobe posted:

Maya seems to have some kind of moral compass, so she probably isn't going to do something that would obviously screw over innocent people.

At every opportunity, she has acted to protect bystanders.

Except that she could be doing that now and not chasing Incubus. She may act to protect bystanders, but here and now is quite possibly her ONE chance to strike at the thing she hates most and the sanction action is to Cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Except that she could be doing that now and not chasing Incubus. She may act to protect bystanders, but here and now is quite possibly her ONE chance to strike at the thing she hates most and the sanction action is to Cut.

"God will never forgive the hate I feel for that man"

Maya's wandering swordswoman deal, and her protection of innocents, is going to be sorely tested when it becomes clear that Incubus is in fact on the right side of this conflict and protecting Allison. Because he's awful! But he is acting as Allison's mentor in a real way, albeit a lovely mentor she will have to become better than.