Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

The outfit reads more like a Guy Ritchie movie character than Gangs of NY to me

That is also very true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Majinfoose posted:

2K19 and NL better story tellers than WWE
Seriously, the Perfect Interference to prevent that no-good D-Von from winning was :discourse:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Seriously, the Perfect Interference to prevent that no-good D-Von from winning was :discourse:

D-Von earned his way to the final! That was all pretty outstanding to watch.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’ve never seen any NL before but I watched every kingiest of the ringiest match. D-Von was the perfect underdog babyface for that tournament and should have won

Also nash walking out of his match with HHH is perfectly in character

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 28, 2021

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
so this is out...

https://twitter.com/RetrosoftStudio/status/1376928413286535169

Any reviews of it on Switch?

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 30, 2021

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I’ve never seen any NL before but I watched every kingiest of the ringiest match. D-Von was the perfect underdog babyface for that tournament and should have won

Also nash walking out of his match with HHH is perfectly in character

I was more invested in D-Von's rise to the top and upset at Mr. Perfect than anything on WWE television this year. Saving Grace is a good finisher.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know of a review specific to the Switch but general reviews seem to be along the lines of "It's fine but probably not worth it because it's got low replay-ability". Makes sense – it's not like WrestleFest was a game you'd want to play all the time, but it was fun to play when you'd go to the arcade and do a few matches. Thinking of it with that mindset has kind of cooled me on it, honestly.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Reviews were generally positive. It has a story mode with Johnny Nitro and a career mode where you take any wrestler and beat everyone to win the NWA Title, but it's still an arcadey title. I'll probably wait until it's on a bigger sale.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I just hope it's better than when they tried to make a new Wrestlefest about 10 years ago.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I was planning to get it because I was burned out on 2k19 and wanted something new but then it got delayed for ps4 a bunch and Fire Pro went on sale so I’ve lost any interest.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Makes sense – it's not like WrestleFest was a game you'd want to play all the time,

I often went without lunch 2-3 days a week because I was pumping quarters into this thing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

I often went without lunch 2-3 days a week because I was pumping quarters into this thing

Let me clarify – as a kid, there's nothing I'd rather have been doing than playing WrestleFest. It's one of my favorite games of all time, probably 85% due to arcade nostalgia.

As an adult, I'd still love to have a WrestleFest cabinet in my house but I doubt it lends itself to being played for an hour every day or something like other wrestling games that have more sprawling story modes and whatever else.

And now I'll start searching Craigslist and eBay for WrestleFest cabinets again.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Ganso Bomb posted:

Let me clarify – as a kid, there's nothing I'd rather have been doing than playing WrestleFest. It's one of my favorite games of all time, probably 85% due to arcade nostalgia.

As an adult, I'd still love to have a WrestleFest cabinet in my house but I doubt it lends itself to being played for an hour every day or something like other wrestling games that have more sprawling story modes and whatever else.

And now I'll start searching Craigslist and eBay for WrestleFest cabinets again.

If inauthenticity (and :filez:) aren't an issue, I've played through WrestleFest and some other arcade hits on a cabinet built with one of these Pandoras Box setups and I was very suprised by how well it felt and how easy it was to get going from game to game. I only had one drunk weekend with it, don't know too much else about them, but it seemed pretty cool and suprisingly affordable for an all-in-one (except for monitor) setup

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Most of the feedback I've received about Retromania is that it feels half Wrestlefest and half "arcade-y Fire Pro."

If it's more of the latter, I already played Blazing Tornado.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I had a friend who's dad stole a Wrestlefest arcade cabinet from an arcade and kept it in their living room. He broke open the coin slot and you could give yourself a million credits by pushing down this little pin that would be hit when a coin slid through the slot. We played that game all the time. I love that you could have like 4 people pin one dude.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I enjoyed the poo poo out of the Kingiest of the Ringiest. I have no idea how those guys can still laugh that hard at wrestling game bugs, but its infectious.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It’s time https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/wwe-2k22-will-debut-at-wrestlemania-this-weekend/

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ah the reports of "we're totally going to make it like HCTP or No Mercy" have already started and they haven't even unveiled the game yet.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

but THIS time they're real! for sure! my uncle said so and everything and he works at THQ

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Testekill posted:

Ah the reports of "we're totally going to make it like HCTP or No Mercy" have already started and they haven't even unveiled the game yet.

The load times of HCTP and the entrance theme sound quality of No Mercy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

FullMetalJackoff posted:

And the controls of WWF Attitude

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I believe any game company could make it like those good games, I don't believe that WWE would let them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I played some http recently. The in ring stuff didn’t really hold up for me but it’s so feature rich.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

forkboy84 posted:

And the controls of WWE2k20

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

FullMetalJackoff posted:

forkboy84 posted:

And the controls of WWF Attitude

And the cutscene voice acting and tag team/interference AI of Raw 2 :v:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
And the sound effects of a euro train sim

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
This all still sounds better than 2k19.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And the cutscene voice acting and tag team/interference AI of Raw 2 :v:

There's no cutscene voice acting in Raw 2...or :thejoke: ?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Angry_Ed posted:

There's no cutscene voice acting in Raw 2...or :thejoke: ?

:thejoke:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FullMetalJackoff posted:

I know Rogue One or X-Wing is a completely silly game, statistics-wise, and small taps into numbers are not exactly going to set the universe on fire as it is; no one is going to look at some giant-rear end, Corellian freighter that looks like the dregs of the galaxy. It's the smaller bits, like Mark Hamill getting completely and utterly engaged as he "fires" on Luke that just desired, for lack of a better phrase

(Suck on it, then, my lovely friend, bur it turned the pottle to havesucky lovely. :) )

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

I know Rogue One or X-Wing is a completely silly game, statistics-wise, and small taps into numbers are not exactly going to set the universe on fire as it is; no one is going to look at some giant-rear end, Corellian freighter that looks like the dregs of the galaxy. It's the smaller bits, like Mark Hamill getting completely and utterly engaged as he "fires" on Luke that just desired, for lack of a better phrase

(Suck on it, then, my lovely friend, bur it turned the pottle to havesucky lovely. :) )

Mostly quoting this to preserve it but also what

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think it’s from star wars, but I can’t tell if it’s a video game, one of the board games, or a minor stroke

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it really did turn the pottle to havesucky lovely

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's from a song

Suck on it, then,
my lovely friend,
bur it turned the pottle to (to)
it turned the pottle to havesucky (havesucky) lovely

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Golden Bee posted:

I think it’s from star wars, but I can’t tell if it’s a video game, one of the board games, or a minor stroke

Star Wars and apparently a minor stroke.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Had one of my periodic "try to actually play FPW" spells and man, the 2K games got slow but they had the right idea about fudging the animations so that if you weren't in the exact right place to connect with a strike at exactly the right time, it would still work. It would be one thing if just the rhythm-game button prompts for grappling were demanding, but who played this and decided the success conditions for a simple clothesline were acceptable? Not even the AI gets it right, just bizarre whiff after bizarre whiff

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't bought a game in a while, but I realized I never started playing 2k16 that's on my Xbox. I can't tell if my created guy, the Unturdtaker, is just slow or if everything is slow. Plus the chain wrestling mini game and the submission mini game seems annoying. Stupid mini games. None of the controls seem the same as the old days.

Also, mad that I can't port a real wrestler into creation mode so I can make Ryback's evil twin archenemy, Ryfront.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I don’t know how to fix the striking on fire pro to make it better but I love the rest of it so much it’s hard to get too mad.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ok I just started playing Fire Pro and thought it was odd that I could never land strikes, glad to know it’s not just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I just wish Crush Hour had done well so we kept getting crappy games from different genres with Superstars in them. WWE Battle Royale, WWE MOBA, WWE Open World Survival.