Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Garth Ennis did write a Punisher storyline where all the villains are bickering Irish-American IRA types. They all die in an explosion at the end. So there's that.

Definitely will never touch his non-Punisher output. gently caress no, Crossed sounds repugnant.

never touch preacher, the boys or even a load of hellblazer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Payndz posted:

Still, at least he's not Mark Millar.

Millar's a nice guy in and of himself. He's also become decidedly less edgelordy as he got older; all the poo poo people (justly) rag on him for is ten years back at this point. On the other hand he did support Leave, so you can bash on him for that.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/Jake_Kanter/status/1380805120724774912

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ennis is like a Frankenstein made entirely of the body parts of Internet edgelord teenagers, including the insufferable eye-rolling when you say it should be Frankenstein's Monster. Almost everything he makes is either obscene because he seems to think the reader should endure the obscene, or approaches a real message or idea by way of obscenity that. Most of his stuff is just "what if they're evil tho, maeks u think" and he is obsessed with upping the body count and/or raw sadism in everything he touches.

Actually the best way to explain him is that he grew up in NI in the Troubles and the lesson he took from it was that religion was entirely to blame, and he wrote some thing or other he explicitly called wish fulfillment about shooting up a religious school. He also hates traditional two-fisted superheroes for some reason.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gogglebox is a draw, Brother. Prince Philip broke a thousand racial slurs and never drew a dime.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Unless you're an absolute Royle fanatic there's just not that much you can say. It's not like a rolling news story where the story develops over time or like Diana's death where there was a lot of speculation and innuendo surrounding the circumstances - the guy was 99 and looked like a lich. Unless it turns out Brenda and Charles had been slowly poisoning him there's not much juicy goss to be had out of the situation. So I can't imagine people with a casual interest wanting to watch more than a few minutes of repetitive, sycophantic coverage.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
has the gov said anything about when vaccines will open up to people below 50

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

bump_fn posted:

Stop asking political questions during a period of national mourning, you evil monster.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

bump_fn posted:

idk but they're still definitely on target for giving everyone in the UK one by the end of July because they said so, and they wouldn't just lie to us would they

they haven't explained how they're going to do 20 million first doses between now and then when they're only doing 10 million doses total a month and they're going to be doing p much 2nd doses only for at least three of those 4 months, but again would they just lie to our faces?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

bump_fn posted:

I'm 47, no health conditions and got a letter last week - had the Pfizer one on Thursday... I'm in Wales though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Renfield posted:

I'm 47, no health conditions and got a letter last week - had the Pfizer one on Thursday... I'm in Wales though.

Swings and roundabouts

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Renfield posted:

Someone needs to investigate these side effects.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jedit posted:

Millar's a nice guy in and of himself. He's also become decidedly less edgelordy as he got older; all the poo poo people (justly) rag on him for is ten years back at this point. On the other hand he did support Leave, so you can bash on him for that.

So he's still a complete shithead, he just got less interesting about it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i technically work at a university and i’m
wondering if i can use that to get me a vaccine

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

XMNN posted:

idk but they're still definitely on target for giving everyone in the UK one by the end of July because they said so, and they wouldn't just lie to us would they

they haven't explained how they're going to do 20 million first doses between now and then when they're only doing 10 million doses total a month and they're going to be doing p much 2nd doses only for at least three of those 4 months, but again would they just lie to our faces?

*First* dose for everyone by the end of July, which actually matches up with your numbers. I'm still skeptical because I suspect we'll hit at least another couple of supply squeezes between now and then, but at this point there's nothing impossible about the schedule as laid out.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I see average deaths per day have started increasing again for the first time since late January

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's always intersting how at least one person comes along to tell off people in the thread for celebrating the illness or death of a royal or a tory. you should never make the mistake of attributing any humanity to those people imo

Gort posted:

I see average deaths per day have started increasing again for the first time since late January

the ONS counts one royal death as 100,000 deaths, probly

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure when Lizzy carks it the mandatory month of mourning will end with a pre-recorded speech about how she's taking everyone with her, and the nukes will detonate in five minutes.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

bump_fn posted:

nope

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1380192393350242309

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASGGHHHBGH

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Let me guess, there are no plans to provide it free to under 40s, but private healthcare firms will start providing them to anyone who wants to pay for it.

Lathe of what now?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hello! magazine surprisingly honest this week

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 10, 2021

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

stev posted:

Unless you're an absolute Royle fanatic there's just not that much you can say. It's not like a rolling news story where the story develops over time or like Diana's death where there was a lot of speculation and innuendo surrounding the circumstances - the guy was 99 and looked like a lich. Unless it turns out Brenda and Charles had been slowly poisoning him there's not much juicy goss to be had out of the situation. So I can't imagine people with a casual interest wanting to watch more than a few minutes of repetitive, sycophantic coverage.

It seems like the best thing for the Royal family as an institution would be if all the old ones quickly and quietly died off, leaving just the young ones that are better at hiding their racism and don't look like ghouls yet. People are gonna get pretty tired of them if there's mourning for Prince Andrew next year, and then the Queen dies and then there's the big thing where Prince Charles becomes king and his wife who everyone hates for some reason becomes queen and their pictures go up on all the public buildings.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 10, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Billy already looks like Charlie.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
This is just getting to be like when Wimbledon is on.
You just ignore all UK media for a week or two and internally hate anyone who brings it up irl.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

tell me more about this model and landlady

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Brian on the allotment would like everyone to know:

1. I couldn't gi a gently caress.
2. Why have I got to see this, the fucker wunt have come to my funeral.
3. Gi oer firing guns, it waint bring the oval office back.
4.I had a heart attack and loving snuffed it, they warnt all this fuss for me. Mind you I came back.
5. I couldn't gi a gently caress (again).

Les shouted at him "BRIAN YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE KEEPS MENTIONING THE OLD FUCKER"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

we stan brian itt

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The man makes some great points.

If a revolution is gonna come, it will come from the allotments

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Someone nearby was blasting a shotgun and yelling, too. "Help, help, I'm under attack" or some royalist bullshit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Getting vivid and extremely weird images of your allotment tbh.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Let me guess, there are no plans to provide it free to under 40s, but private healthcare firms will start providing them to anyone who wants to pay for it.

Lathe of what now?

I don't think this would work due to real world constraints. They will still try. Much like how they didn't want a second lockdown but the reality of hospitals made them in the end.

They will try and force the under 50's to pay, no one will bother and the rest of the world will go 'wtf are you doing? Vaccinate your population now you loving bellends' and grudgingly they'll eventually make it free.

It's not helped by the media circus surrounding AZ. It gets a new piece of bad press every other week. I have no idea if its the American pharma companies pushing this poo poo, it feels like it, but maybe not? I'm sure they're loving it either way. So now no one wants our primary vaccine. And we don't have any of the other ones because 1) cost and 2) supply issues

I still think the big pharma companies are mostly behind the fear and doubt campaign but eh, to everyone else it just looks like Boris and Britain have hosed it again and that's a silver lining

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 10, 2021

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Regarde Aduck posted:

I don't think this would work due to real world constraints. They will still try. Much like how they didn't want a second lockdown but the reality of hospitals made them in the end.

They will try and force the under 50's to pay, no one will bother and the rest of the world will go 'wtf are you doing? Vaccinate your population now you loving bellends' and grudgingly they'll eventually make it free.

I don’t believe they’ll actually try to make people pay. I cannot believe that even this government is that greedy and stupid, but they’ve proved me wrong on this before.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol that The Mail have done a double page commemorative “best of Phil’s racism” spread

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
where are you guys getting these ideas that they aren't going to give the vaccine free to under 30s/40s/50s? of course they will

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

smellmycheese posted:

Lol that The Mail have done a double page commemorative “best of Phil’s racism” spread

Someone I used to work with has been reminiscing on Facebook about how she met him once when she was in a marching band, and he asked her if she bangs or if she blows. She was 12.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ewan posted:

where are you guys getting these ideas that they aren't going to give the vaccine free to under 30s/40s/50s? of course they will

The fact they've not actually said they're going to provide it free to everyone *still* makes me nervous despite the fact that probably half of the people who've received it by now don't qualify for free prescriptions. Like it's this really weird silence about the whole thing. I'm fairly certain they won't attempt to make people pay... but at the same time I really wouldn't be surprised if by mid summer non-AZ jabs were available on private prescriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Gort posted:

New cases are still falling though, so I assume it's a blip. Typically, you start to see a rise in deaths about 3 weeks after a rise in new cases. I've been doing some sums myself and the average death rate has been consistently falling by about a third every seven days for ages now. I'd expect us to be down to a dozen deaths a day or fewer by the end of April.