Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

MeinPanzer posted:

Just received my copy of Cursed City. Upon first inspection the minis are even more gorgeous than they appeared to be in the previews, and they’re actually finer and more detailed than I thought they would be. The one disappointment is Radukar, the big baddie, whose model is pretty bland.

Can’t wait to get assembling today!

Btw, there’ve been reports of some third party sellers with stock accepting orders at a discounted price and then sending emails to purchasers informing them of a “pricing error” and requesting more money. Total Cards in the UK actually ended up requesting £60(!) more before they could fulfill their orders. So if you’re looking to pick it up right now, just be cautious where you buy your copy from.

GW sent me an email saying to expect delays up to a month before bothering them about the status of my Cursed City. Kinda lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

Crackbone posted:

GW sent me an email saying to expect delays up to a month before bothering them about the status of my Cursed City. Kinda lovely.

Just to flag GW sent me one too to say it’d be delayed but was also delivered today so might not be too bad

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

by.a.teammate posted:

Just to flag GW sent me one too to say it’d be delayed but was also delivered today so might not be too bad

Yep, same. Got a message on Thursday stating there was a delay, got a shipping notification at 2am(!) this morning, and then received it at 10am.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Delays happen, that's fine. I'm aggravated that in 2021 they're shipping with no tracking number - I can't think of the last item I bought online that didn't have tracking. And the "don't bother us for a MONTH" makes it more egregious.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Completely agree, though the whole process -- from the webstore crashing right after it was made available, to them sending out the shipping notice at 2am -- makes them seem pretty amateurish.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Got my murder jocks ready to rampage, going to gently caress up some lizards tomorrow.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Crackbone posted:

I found this pretty frustrating as well. I had to jump through a month of hoops to get my orlock preorder when their new releases came out. Like, I get that it happens, but GW is the only company I've been having shipping problems with and they're very consistent problems.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm sure there's a reason. Nothing comes to mind though.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Major Isoor posted:

Dammit, and I bet neither of you are in SA :(

Vic gang

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

idk if this is the right place to post this. I haven't really played much GW for like 20 years apart from a couple of one-off games of Necromunda and Bloodbowl, but the Lord of Change was my favourite mini when I was into the hobby. I bought one of the new ones (£80!) because one of my best friends used to be a professional painter for GW but hadn't really done anything for about a decade, and was really dying to get back into it. When we saw this mini he was determined to paint it for me. He wouldn't accept cash, so I bought him a Keeper of Secrets (his favourite mini) as a thank you.

Anyway this guy is now proudly sitting on my mantlepiece and I think it's spectacular.

And for scale, to show how huge this bastard is, here it is next to Mad Donna Ulanti from old school Necromunda (same dude painted this a long time ago)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I lucked out and got Cursed City, I have no experience painting minis and not will be doing so in the near future.

How much of a pain in the rear end is it to unassemble the minis when I'm ready to paint them?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Azubah posted:

I lucked out and got Cursed City, I have no experience painting minis and not will be doing so in the near future.

How much of a pain in the rear end is it to unassemble the minis when I'm ready to paint them?

Honestly, most people paint minis assembled, barring those minis who have little crevices that will be impractical to reach if they're assembled.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Ages ago, we combined BFG with Epic 40,000 in a system wide battle. We drafted up rules for different "important" parts on planets for reinforcement, building new ships etc. etc.
Wish I could find what we drafted or find someone else rules to combo it all together. It was fun as hell. We had a massive WAAAAGH(I led the Orks at the time) against Space Marines. The fleets were Ork vs Imperial for sake of not using the expansion poo poo for BFG

Did some massive all tank battles and just. Yeah. Memorable as all hell

This is what my epic group is working on for post-pandemic, a big campaign that combines epic and BFG.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

thocan posted:

I found this pretty frustrating as well. I had to jump through a month of hoops to get my orlock preorder when their new releases came out. Like, I get that it happens, but GW is the only company I've been having shipping problems with and they're very consistent problems.

I hope you're not trying to build a house right now, because the entire lumber industry is having similar issues. So is the auto industry with semiconductors.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I remember doing one at a games day years ago. Epic was out of vogue at the time but a regular sized game was going on next to a table where a squad sized game was going on. The Kill team style game was a bunker assault taking place on the centerpiece of the full game board with each table being able to affect the other like the Kill team controlling automated defense networks or the 40k side firing artillery to shake up entrenched positions.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Crackbone posted:

Delays happen, that's fine.

I just want to note here that due to Brexit the distributor of my country (Hungary) did not receive any shipments from GW from December till mid March, just when we went into full lockdown and all shops had to close.
This means that even tho I ordered all WHU warbands (and a few other things) released this year, I got non of them yet. Distributor says the packages were all stuck in a warehouse in Germany and both them and GW called them daily to move things along. Then everything seemed to SORT OF normalize in April, I happily ordered Cursed City hoping I will be able to pick it up with all the warbands and poo poo that must have came in since December, just to be called the other day and told that the shipment containing the Cursed City boxes did not arrive yet, so we have to wait a bit more. :suicide:

I just pre-ordered the Vamp warband an hour ago, fingers crossed I get my hands on these goodies before S5. I will have to rent a fuckin truck to haul everything home by that time.

P.S.: I ordered a blister of Barrow-wights straight from GW during all the above and it arrived in 5 (3 working) days...

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Is the open-source Net Armageddon still a thing? If so, is there a known source for the rules and/or miniatures (whether official or unofficial?)

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
You wait a year for new Adeptus Titanicus and then two weeks of releases come at once.

FW Volkite weapons out next week

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Southern Heel posted:

Is the open-source Net Armageddon still a thing? If so, is there a known source for the rules and/or miniatures (whether official or unofficial?)

It's all here, taunting me to get a 3D printer and drench the galaxy in fire.

https://www.net-armageddon.org/

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

lilljonas posted:

It's all here, taunting me to get a 3D printer and drench the galaxy in fire.

https://www.net-armageddon.org/

And I see in Epic UK - much like my question in the 40k thread, what's the rough base count for a decent match? I'm happy going with 6mm proxies or even 3mm - but not if I still need 50+ bases!

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Went 1/2 against the Starblood Stalkers with Khagra's Ravagers today, Klaq-Troq the Saurus was a real pain in my rear end.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Southern Heel posted:

And I see in Epic UK - much like my question in the 40k thread, what's the rough base count for a decent match? I'm happy going with 6mm proxies or even 3mm - but not if I still need 50+ bases!

Depends on the army and points- if you go Space Marines, Chaos or Eldar then you'll prob only need around 20-ish but IG can get you close to 50-100. EA seems to function best around 2-3,000 points.

You can plan your army out here:
http://adam77.github.io/snapfire/war/index.html

to figure out how many you'll need and EA is one of those games where people endlessly pore over their lists and micro tweak them into oblivion so you can easily find competition-ready lists online.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is it considered :filez: to ask where people get the designs to 3D print for Epic? People have mentioned printing off miniatures for Epic a few times, but I'm not sure what the legality (or if it goes against forum rules) is regarding that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They're on thingiverse, look for Galactic Crusaders and Tiny Tanks.

A lot of online communities are total dicks about this stuff, gatekeeping under the pretense of safeguarding the hobby from "GW snitches." So if you see a cool print and ask where the file came from, it'll just prompt a bunch of assholes to reply with different flavors of FYGM. gently caress those guys.

There's also an Imperator Titan STL with cool legs that the designer pulled after he saw a guy selling prints on eBay or something. So it's a "rare" STL that people flex by printing out and then saying that they can't share the file because it'd be against the designer's wishes. gently caress those guys, too. See something, share something.

moths fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 12, 2021

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Actually been playing BFG and eyeing Warmaster recently in our group.

BFG is excellent, I haven't played a TT game for so long that was as fun as Battlefleet Gothic. Been painting some of my models from when they were in print, and they're definitely showing their age.

We have gone so hard into BFG over the last month and it's been excellent, strongly recommend if you have a couple of mates you like playing with to do it since it's usually 6-12 models at most. We were after something like AT but without the tracking and terminals etc, and it's pretty easy to see where AT gets its genetics from.

Also, spaceships are cool - I'd say at this current moment, thanks to a longstanding community of die-hards, BFG is more supported than some other TT space games.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

moths posted:

They're on thingiverse, look for Galactic Crusaders and Tiny Tanks.

A lot of online communities are total dicks about this stuff, gatekeeping under the pretense of safeguarding the hobby from "GW snitches." So if you see a cool print and ask where the file came from, it'll just prompt a bunch of assholes to reply with different flavors of FYGM. gently caress those guys.

There's also an Imperator Titan STL with cool legs that the designer pulled after he saw a guy selling prints on eBay or something. So it's a "rare" STL that people flex by printing out and then saying that they can't share the file because it'd be against the designer's wishes. gently caress those guys, too. See something, share something.

To pile on this.....definitely gently caress those people. They stopped supporting the game ages ago and don't sell models for it.
Epic is an amazing game system, just like BFG, and I'm so grateful for them :circlefap:
I'm drilling down to a resin printer so I can do it myself

I can get the hate on the overpriced Forge World stuff but the out of print stuff? Give me them files!!!

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 12, 2021

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Sent an email to complain about the order being in limbo for a month to GW customer service. The auto responder said not to expect a reply for up to 5 days.

:cmon:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Crackbone posted:

Sent an email to complain about the order being in limbo for a month to GW customer service. The auto responder said not to expect a reply for up to 5 days.

For Cursed City? I got the same email but today got a shipping notification and a tracking number.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Crackbone posted:

They can't be bothered responding when they have poo poo to paint for Tale of Four Gamers!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Red Herring posted:

Actually been playing BFG and eyeing Warmaster recently in our group.

the community sculpts for warmaster are fuckin' BONKERS. the facebook page is really great place to see all the top notch projects that are going on

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
My provider for Cursed City suddenly said they are not allowed to send it across the border now.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

the community sculpts for warmaster are fuckin' BONKERS. the facebook page is really great place to see all the top notch projects that are going on

I subscribe to two patreons (Forest Dragon and Warploque) just for Warmaster minis, it's a good time for tiny fantasy battles.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'm drilling down to a resin printer so I can do it myself

I'm saving up/waiting for an Elegoo Saturn to come back in stock - I really want the print bed size, it opens up being able to print some of that really big stuff (like 28mm titan parts if you're a crazy person)

radlum
May 13, 2013
I can't buy Cursed City directly because international shipping customs will eat my wallet up, so I have to wait until one of the 2 local game shops that import GW stuff offer it, but all these posts about delays are making me feel that it's gonna be a longshot.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'm saving up/waiting for an Elegoo Saturn to come back in stock - I really want the print bed size, it opens up being able to print some of that really big stuff (like 28mm titan parts if you're a crazy person)

It's between that and the Anycubic Photon Mono X for me. I'm HEAVILY leaning towards the Elegoo

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, just wondering - where would the best place to get AT Warhound terminals? Since I'll need two, soon. (My Reavers and Knights are sorted already, in that regard)
I guess I could always scan+laminate a friend's warhound terminal, although I think they come with tokens, etc. don't they? So it's probably best to just get the actual thing somewhere.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
There is a command terminals pack, with the nice thick card ones, although it doesn't have the counters (I think you can only get those in the starter set or rules pack).

The tactile nature of the terminals is really nice, but I've basically transitioned entirely to an app - I use Titan Tracker, which I think is made by a goon? It's free and has nice functionality.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Giant Ethicist posted:

There is a command terminals pack, with the nice thick card ones, although it doesn't have the counters (I think you can only get those in the starter set or rules pack).

The tactile nature of the terminals is really nice, but I've basically transitioned entirely to an app - I use Titan Tracker, which I think is made by a goon? It's free and has nice functionality.

Oh nice! I'll give both of those a look - especially the app. Hopefully it can stick around in the longterm, and GW doesn't try shutting it down or anything

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, just wondering - where would the best place to get AT Warhound terminals? Since I'll need two, soon. (My Reavers and Knights are sorted already, in that regard)
I guess I could always scan+laminate a friend's warhound terminal, although I think they come with tokens, etc. don't they? So it's probably best to just get the actual thing somewhere.

You can download printable terminals here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#the-horus-heresy

It might also be worth checking ebay, as some people break up starter sets and sell any unwanted rules gubbins. I got a second set of the thick card terminals from people splitting up the old Grandmaster box, and paid less than the official GW pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

xtothez posted:

Well I'm almost £200 lighter, but after stalling for a year my second Legio is well underway. Also pleased to see the discounted maniple box comes with extra command terminals and weapon cards.

After seeing a couple of recommendations I'm trying out an ebay store that sells classic custom parts, gonna have some old-school Warhounds:

What eBay store? I'm quite keen to vary up my titan Maniples (particularly if there are alternate versions of the Reaver carapace.