Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That is quite a stepdown from the Mets lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

mcmagic posted:

That is quite a stepdown from the Mets lol

Also from J-Lo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

elentar posted:

Also from J-Lo

I thought they didn't really break up....

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

mcmagic posted:

I thought they didn't really break up....

https://twitter.com/desusnice/status/1370894860165771265?s=21

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sheesh normal newly single men in a midlife crisis buy a sports car or motorcycle.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ozzie Albies, 6'5", 35 years old
https://twitter.com/BravesLiz/status/1381013593659949057

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Apparently the Red Sox travel with this industrial laundry conveyer and whenever someone hits a home run they get a free ride in it around the dugout. :3: It was hard to snap a good shot but this was after Devers' dong.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

They sorted by name/position but forgot to include the last 3 columns in the sort :cawg:

(Ozzie Albies' height/weight/DOB are Nate Jones, and Ozzie's ht/wt/dob is on Chris Martin's line)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Apparently the Red Sox travel with this industrial laundry conveyer and whenever someone hits a home run they get a free ride in it around the dugout. :3: It was hard to snap a good shot but this was after Devers' dong.

Is this a new thing? I feel like totems like this or the Cubs waffle iron are newish. Footballs had them for a few years. We need more of these honestly.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mustached Demon posted:

Is this a new thing? I feel like totems like this or the Cubs waffle iron are newish. Footballs had them for a few years. We need more of these honestly.

Not sure, it just reminded me of the "dudes having fun together" atmosphere that I remember from the good teams. Like the bullpen band and rubbing Adrian Beltre's head.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Posting for the crowds reaction

https://twitter.com/mlbhrvideos/status/1381048718271582214?s=21

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mustached Demon posted:

I think they started doing it last year.

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1379864444923166721

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Mustached Demon posted:

Sheesh normal newly single men in a midlife crisis buy a sports car or motorcycle.
Only way he could be sure nobody expected a ring.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

This poo poo rules, as does Christian Vasquez

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Tommy Milone got the save tonight. For pitching the last three innings of the Blue Jays' 15-1 win.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I want to see someone pitch a perfect game and lose, which is now possible thanks to the extra-innings runner at second rule.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

If a guy pitches a perfect game and his team can’t muster a single run they should be assigned for eventual burial alongside him like Terracotta soldiers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was tuned into the idea that with the new intentional walk rules that a 9 pitch no hitter is possible and it's hosed me up all day

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Spoeank posted:

I was tuned into the idea that with the new intentional walk rules that a 9 pitch no hitter is possible and it's hosed me up all day

A zero pitch no-hitter is possible, pickoff throws don't count as pitches.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mother of God

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Thing is your FIP would never recover

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Rays are going to have a screwball throwing opener and Manfred says this sport is boring

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
That Jays game last night proves the ultimate supremacy of small ball.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikemayer22/status/1381262467364491266

What a nice save

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1381264949234835458

Lindsey is the best yankee beat writer because she's willing to go at shitheads like Mushnick.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Irked that takes like this still exist, glad it’s getting utterly dismantled https://twitter.com/joedecamara/status/1380899305809195011?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So can this "great" yankee lineup hit a guy who has been out of baseball for 4 years?!

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

why did the yankees take odor again?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cashman likes panning for gold.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tweezer Reprise posted:

why did the yankees take odor again?

Because they are poorly run and need a change in leadership.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexter Fowler is out for the season after tearing his ACL. That might be enough for him to call it a career.

Dex :smith:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Timby posted:

Dexter Fowler is out for the season after tearing his ACL. That might be enough for him to call it a career.

:smith:

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

ah poo poo, i was hoping he was okay when they had to take him off the field :smith:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So are the cubs worse than the pirates now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Yes

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Timby posted:

So sad :smith:

He's such a good person.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mastershakeman posted:

They legitimately look like the worst team in baseball right now. Maybe the A's look worse, but they've actually had to play good teams to start the season.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

They legitimately look like the worst team in baseball right now. Maybe the A's look worse, but they've actually had to play good teams to start the season.

We're witnessing the darkness recede. The planet is healing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cubsposters: this is the worst team that has ever existed. I am physically repulsed and am going to throw myself off this building

Also Cubsposters: we aren't even going to TRY and re-sign anybody are we? I am distraught. gently caress this earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
does this mean all of those Chicago sports fans are going to transfer over to the White Sox shortly?

the White Sox are very good and very fun to watch by the way