Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (June 15, 1991)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

]

The Phantom

"He was not your John X, he was just a person who looked exactly like him and wore the same sunglasses."

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

If you don't let the grass get crazy and you have one of those small suburban yards like in the strip, push-reel mowers are pretty nice. Low maintenance, no noise, no pollution, and they work just fine. I used one for years until I got a secondhand electric from someone who was upgrading.

Every year about this time I think about getting one and then I don't and just let the grass get long and lovely instead.

My poor neighbors.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I always love the "well you just lost my business!" move. Like the person stocking shelves or working the register gives a poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Every year about this time I think about getting one and then I don't and just let the grass get long and lovely instead.

My poor neighbors.

Mrs Degroot is going downtown

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Ahaha holy poo poo

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

I suspect I know the answer and it's going to make me super mad. :mad:
I missed this earlier but I think I remember this one: The ambulance people are fake because they are putting him in feet first instead of head first.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I'm glad Gary's style changed because he's doing it on a tablet/time has passed because his sense of humor is so exactly the same I would mistake the new stuff for old ones I just haven't seen otherwise.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Yeah see, this is the horseshit that someone else was mentioning. Forgiving your abuser can be helpful to people to overcome their trauma, but pushing "The only way you'll ever know peace is to forgive them!" is really gross and I hate this, I hate this so much, god drat gently caress you Mary Worth.

quote:

It's pretty rare I laugh out loud at comics in this thread but this one got me today.

Johnny Walker posted:

I missed this earlier but I think I remember this one: The ambulance people are fake because they are putting him in feet first instead of head first.

You're probably right although I still think the answer should be the ambulance drivers because ambulances don't just cruise around neighborhoods looking for injured people to pick up.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah see, this is the horseshit that someone else was mentioning. Forgiving your abuser can be helpful to people to overcome their trauma, but pushing "The only way you'll ever know peace is to forgive them!" is really gross and I hate this, I hate this so much, god drat gently caress you Mary Worth.

You know, you'll never find peace until you forgive Mary Worth for this. May I suggest seeing a random therapist one time, who will offer you a few empty platitudes which will instantly solve all your problems?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Aug 18, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 31-Apr 1, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ghostlight posted:

As a point of order, The Flash #123 opened with Barry Allen walking down a street to the community centre, where his girlfriend is hosting a charity event for the orphans, and upon arriving learns that the magician hasn't shown up so he lies and says he'll phone the Flash to fill in. Then the Flash arrives (pictured there) and performs the following magic tricks: beating himself at tennis, and climbing a rope then accidentally teleporting himself to a parallel dimension for the rest of the comic.

Accidentally, my rear end.

There isn't a parent out there who hasn't fantasized about being able to do this very thing.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Another "hastily thrown together at the last minute" post. :shrug:

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (April 13, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean wraps up a fairly pointless week.

Crankshaft, in which...um...ditto.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 10, 1937)

Out Our Way (June 4-6, 1936)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kevin and Kell looking a bit different today.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsyWEWeE58

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Strontium posted:

Dark Side of the Horse

Getting a William Gibson vibe here. Nice.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Foxtrot

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (September 4-10, 2000)

If you want to read the strips they're referencing, for whatever reason, check out the two weeks at the end of April and beginning of May 1999: link the first, link the second.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 11, 2021

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Things Holbrook doesn't understand: skin

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Larsson is shown here as completely calm, but in the book he gets furious, when the countess suggests Ester/gardener marriage. Larsson thinks she's planning that Ester would marry Karl Bertelsköld because they are out of money (without knowing that Larsson has just lost majority of his wealth). He calms down when the situation is explained.

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

The original joke is Nappaa/Tappaa = Grabs/Kills

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

As much as it deserves its spot on the shitlist, the art in Dustin is good and shows attention to detail. That ball of hangers isn't just random scribbles, you can make out individual ones even in the middle, the two different styles are a nice touch, and I particularly enjoy the single one hanging off the bottom.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It does look like he only drew it once though.

The coward.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

the art in Dustin is good
I still hate it, but if I had to say something positive less negative about it would be that at least he seems to have mostly stopped doing the incredibly irritating head-back-eyes-closed-grimace pose he used to do all the loving time. I could only find one example from this year:

It's not the only thing I hate about the art, but it's at the top of the list.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "17 - Jucika wants to make a Phone Call."

"kőzért=grocery store, citrom van=lemons for sale"

"Context: Back then in Hungary, buying lemons or other fruits was really difficult as they had to grow their own but said fruits don't really grow there and couldn't import them from other countries."

"Jucika's Sports Ideal."

"Öltöző = Dressing room"

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Oh great, how does Holbrook explain this one??

And He Did! (October 4, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (June 10, 1918)

Banana Oil! (February 8, 1924)

Gay and Her Gang (May 25, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (October 24, 1935)

Mopsy (December 23, 1936)

Dark Laughter (August 14, 1943)

Those Were the Days (September 11, 1952)

Dinky Fellas (July 15, 1965)

Wee Pals (July 15, 1965)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominposting

Existential chin dread.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Moomin art is so good in general but I just love Snufkin's design so much.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vargo posted:

Wallace

That last-panel Spud would make an great avatar.

The Dinette Set isn't sanitary.

Working Daze defiles the Calvin & Hobbes font.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix wasted the oppoortunity.

Cul De Sac doesn't like change.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Heathcliff is leaking into other strips again.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

This is like refined depression.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (August 1, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (August 1, 1999)

Garfield Classic (August 1, 1989)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/10/01

Brenda Starr 4/1-3/46

Smokey Stover 6/23/40

Richard's Poor Almanac

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ikanreed posted:

This is like refined depression.

It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

LMAO this owns and is exactly why I defend Curtis. Also check out that dorg design and background detail in the same league as good Garfield.