Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Aya Cash posted:

“I want to know if she’ll be back too, I’m not there now…I’m on a new Fox show now called This Country. My contract for The Boys was only for a year so, who knows? Maybe they can CGI my face in.”

That was 4 days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Katia Winter has been cast as Little Nina. Yes, there probably will be an exploding dildo the size of a Thermos flask.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Katia Winter has been cast as Little Nina. Yes, there probably will be an exploding dildo the size of a Thermos flask.

I trust the show to do better than that. That was one of the dumbest edgy things in the comics. They might wink at it, but I doubt it'll feature in every other scene with her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

I trust the show to do better than that. That was one of the dumbest edgy things in the comics. They might wink at it, but I doubt it'll feature in every other scene with her.

The Love Sausage we got in the show was way edgier than the one we got in the comics, I don’t know what show you’re watching that isn’t schlocky and edge lord as hell.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

The Love Sausage we got in the show was way edgier than the one we got in the comics, I don’t know what show you’re watching that isn’t schlocky and edge lord as hell.

On the one hand he was way grosser but on the other he wasn't a Soviet apologia markov bot, so

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Eh maybe but he was only in an episode and that lady in the comics was one-note for what felt like a dozen issues.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I legit feel like a guy who shows up for multiple issues as a huge cock russian knockoff Superman who says [REDACTED] a lot is more edgy than a non character with a prehensile cock.

I'm willing to be wrong though.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 6, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

pile of brown posted:

I legit feel like a guy who shows up for multiple issues as a huge cock russian knockoff Superman who says friend of the family a lot is more edgy than a non character with a prehensile cock.

I'm willing to be wrong though.

Yeah, the former is edgy, the latter is absurd.

Though the show has absolutely wandered into edgy territory -- e.g. Popclaw -- though I don't really mind.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Count me in as another person who got way into this show and went to check out the comics, only to find out that they're the kind of super edgy garbage only an angry 15 year old boy could enjoy. Even the art in the comics is pretty poo poo imo.

I have no idea how they made such a good show from that shite, but props to them for doing so.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I mean I am still enjoying them but lol yeah it's not at all hard to see why things were changed, Hughie in particular gets really obnoxious in the middle part of the story and even though he does get called out, he's just not that great of a character compared to Hughie we get in the show.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Thus far, the show has managed to make all the absurd and campy poo poo relevant and strangely poignant..

Except for Love Sausage. That scene was a little...why? What does this character and this concept contribute to this scene?

Meanwhile, "I can do anything!" developed the allegory and the character pretty well.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Just finished watching through seasons 1 and 2, Karl Urban continues to be excellent in his own special way. Also holy christ, the whale and the dolphin death.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He's just sitting inside the whale's guts, that would have to smell terrible.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMo5E6lD_DQ

The Deep! Possibly as "Not a himbo"!

Also, creepy Simon Pegg.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Also, creepy Simon Pegg.

I can't imagine how you're supposed to sympathize with the protagonist if she finds a dude chained up in a bunker in the first act and then doesn't free him.

Even in the trailer it's a problem. Oh what issues will she uncover about her father's past? Who gives a gently caress let that guy out

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
lol what the hell is that? If I found a guy in an underground bunker someone left to me, I'd immediately call the police and let them deal with it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Step one is talking to a lawyer about protecting yourself and assets from a lawsuit, then step two is calling the police

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

PostNouveau posted:

I can't imagine how you're supposed to sympathize with the protagonist if she finds a dude chained up in a bunker in the first act and then doesn't free him.

Even in the trailer it's a problem. Oh what issues will she uncover about her father's past? Who gives a gently caress let that guy out

Cmon, he's real creepy! And he won't say why he's been locked up!

I like the part where he says he's been down there for years and she says, "Years!?"

cmon the dude looks like a loving castaway, did you think he was only down there for a couple weeks?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Brock Samson would never leave a dude chained up for life in the Venture Compound.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cojawfee posted:

lol what the hell is that? If I found a guy in an underground bunker someone left to me, I'd immediately call the police and let them deal with it.

And that would also be the correct course of action when six guys in skellington costumes assault you at the homecoming dance instead of doing a karate tournament about it, but sometimes things happen for Movie Reasons and we have to accept that.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

PostNouveau posted:

people sympathized with Wanda.

Monica: they'll never know what you sacrificed

Cojawfee posted:

What if you're a millionaire and a public figure and he knows something that can ruin both permanently

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Count me in as another person who got way into this show and went to check out the comics, only to find out that they're the kind of super edgy garbage only an angry 15 year old boy could enjoy. Even the art in the comics is pretty poo poo imo.

I have no idea how they made such a good show from that shite, but props to them for doing so.

Wonder when we get the xmen orphans who pee on each other in groups every night

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Also, creepy Simon Pegg.

The wig just takes me out of the drama, I can't take it seriously. It looks like something out of the Cornetto trilogy

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
She will let him go he will try and kill her she will kill him then put the body back.

Also, does he grow his own food? From death to burial to will is a few weeks.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Collateral posted:

She will let him go he will try and kill her she will kill him then put the body back.

Also, does he grow his own food? From death to burial to will is a few weeks.

Judging from his baby-smooth face I assume he has a free Hello Fresh subscription along with his Dollar Shave Club.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
His body man is imprisoned in there with him.

I'd assume he has a stockpile of food so the dad didn't need to go out there three times a day to bring meals

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Also, creepy Simon Pegg.

Just had a read of the plot synopsis and it's even dumber than you would expect from the trailer.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sounds like one of those movies that came up with 3 "clever" twists and worked backwards from there and applied some really rickety plausibility over it. FRT the initial premise seems like the easiest part to accept.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

WonkyBob posted:

Just had a read of the plot synopsis and it's even dumber than you would expect from the trailer.

Jesus it makes no sense at all.

After she finds Pegg he explains that her dad locked him up down there because her dad ran over a pedestrian and Pegg helped him cover it up. Then Pegg leads her to a bunch of her father's secrets, like the pedestrian's corpse and also proof that he paid bribes to get his children into elected positions and had a second family.

She decides he's been wronged so she has her man-servant give him a bunch of money and charter him a private jet to somewhere he can disappear, but as it turns out he's actually a different person who's evil!

This evil man drugged and raped her mother 30 years ago! And is her real father!

When her father discovered this he drove the guy somewhere to murder him but accidentally ran over a pedestrian, so then he decided it would be better to just chain up the evil rapist instead of killing him? :confused:

Also, it turns out that Pegg killed her father using the very poison her father was going to use to kill Pegg. Because I guess after locking a guy up for 30 years you're like, "It's poison time!"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

also lol that Pegg spent 6 months preparing his body for this role
https://mobile.twitter.com/NickLowerPT/status/1101477445440598018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wonder if he did the same diet as Bale & the Machinist

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tip posted:

After she finds Pegg he explains that her dad locked him up down there because her dad ran over a pedestrian and Pegg helped him cover it up. Then Pegg leads her to a bunch of her father's secrets, like the pedestrian's corpse and also proof that he paid bribes to get his children into elected positions and had a second family.

She decides he's been wronged so she has her man-servant give him a bunch of money and charter him a private jet to somewhere he can disappear, but as it turns out he's actually a different person who's evil!

This evil man drugged and raped her mother 30 years ago! And is her real father!

When her father discovered this he drove the guy somewhere to murder him but accidentally ran over a pedestrian, so then he decided it would be better to just chain up the evil rapist instead of killing him? :confused:

Also, it turns out that Pegg killed her father using the very poison her father was going to use to kill Pegg. Because I guess after locking a guy up for 30 years you're like, "It's poison time!"

Owlbear Camus posted:

Sounds like one of those movies that came up with 3 "clever" twists and worked backwards from there and applied some really rickety plausibility over it. FRT the initial premise seems like the easiest part to accept.

Nah it was 6, and none were clever. Actually if it was JUST the first 2 it might be decent.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tip posted:

also lol that Pegg spent 6 months preparing his body for this role
https://mobile.twitter.com/NickLowerPT/status/1101477445440598018

This is like when Jared Leto got fat and gross for that Mark David Chapman movie and then it sucked, lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

El Grillo posted:

Just finished watching through seasons 1 and 2, Karl Urban continues to be excellent in his own special way. Also holy christ, the whale and the dolphin death.

The whale is my favorite gross practical effect from the whole series especially the hilarious setup with Deep right before that like with the cheesy Marvel pose and leitmotifs.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Just use a body body jeez.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Tip posted:

It sounds like they had a few scripts for failed TV shows, slammed 'em together and hoped no one would ask any questions, like "was it written this stupidly on purpose?"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McSpanky posted:

This is like when Jared Leto got fat and gross for that Mark David Chapman movie and then it sucked, lol

I remember the roast of extreme method actors like Daniel Day Lewis, "Did they ever try acting?"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Laurence Olivier said it about Dustin Hoffman. Hoffman wasn't actually method even, he was just using it as an excuse to cover his daily hangovers on the set.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am working my way through Banshee right now and I swear to god every single episode there is nudity. It's a bit nuts. Seems to be finding it's own footing now. The 1st episode of S1 I was like holy poo poo this action set piece is a bit much.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The funniest method acting stories are when people did the crazy bits to attract attention but then ended up not actually getting the part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

etalian posted:

The funniest method acting stories are when people did the crazy bits to attract attention but then ended up not actually getting the part.

poor Sean Young.