Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

couldcareless posted:

Pretty sure that is just a doctored image, I dunno if anyone has visual proof from this thing but I'm sure we will get more leaked news.

All I can assume is the tech for this might be clunky and not marketable, maybe useful for characters in the park?

Oh it has to be a bad recreation of whatever the "mic drop" was. It's not even the right special effect (screen blend) to convincingly make a lightsaber in a still photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Atricks posted:

This looks drat good, and the fact the queue is literally walking through the apartment, etc (couches, countertops used as queue line elements)

It makes me sad that it doesn't have one of those ride/restaurant intersections, because that would be a perfect setup for a comfy quick service place that the line and/or part of the ride wraps around.

Also, I wonder how many people are going to fall asleep on those armchairs in the middle of line.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's your new Mouse Gear, called Creations Shop, and the bigger news - Club Cool is returning.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...08210414210007C

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Tim Whatley posted:

Here's your new Mouse Gear, called Creations Shop, and the bigger news - Club Cool is returning.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...08210414210007C

Yesssss... A whole new generation of unsuspecting people to expose to drinking Beverly.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Hazo posted:

I hate coconut and pineapple. I tried some of my wife's kakamora float and it was awesome.

I like coconut and pineapple but I hate dole whip and am highly skeptical of this desert.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Sounds like Josh (easywdw) is quitting the blogging. Sad day losing a great cynical voice

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

couldcareless posted:

Sounds like Josh (easywdw) is quitting the blogging. Sad day losing a great cynical voice

What? He's the best one! How'd you find this out?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Now I'm not certain. He tweeted that he is hanging it up yesterday and locked replied. He deleted the tweet about 30 minutes later.
In any case, I'm thinking it's still on his mind.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I really hope that's a finger.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jose Oquendo posted:

I really hope that's a finger.

He's smiling for a reason.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
E.T. Bone Home

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psKvJsoEiJQ

JW The Ride reopened with the new Indominus stuff. It's pretty dope

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Still not as good as the original.

WTF were they thinking replacing the first part with screens.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Zero One posted:

Still not as good as the original.

WTF were they thinking replacing the first part with screens.

“These are a lot cheaper to maintain than animatronics in water”

Gotta say the last scene is good though. The I-Rex and T-Rex look great in the video.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Bottom Liner posted:

“These are a lot cheaper to maintain than animatronics in water”

Gotta say the last scene is good though. The I-Rex and T-Rex look great in the video.

Unfortunately it means you are now passively watching two dinosaurs fight instead of being attacked by (and escaping from) one.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I actually think everything other than the first scene looks better, but man is that first scene bafflingly dumb.

- If you're paying attention to spacing, the tank would extend beyond the loading area where you just were. You can also clearly see edge and that it's not a huge tank when exiting. I get that no adult will think its a real tank, but details matter in a theme park charging premium prices.
- The large gates opening to reveal a large lagoon was a very epic and iconic moment, now ruined. It made the ride feel like it took up a much larger space than it does.
- While not completely out of the realm of possibility, its improbable that they would have a water flume go through a massive water tank. It just feels wrong.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The new animatronics on Jurassic look great, like it always should have been like this.

We're in this weird moment where Universal is building more animatronics and physical props and Disney is building stuff like Runaway Railway and Avengers that are very reliant on projections.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

We're in this weird moment where Universal is building more animatronics and physical props

Aside from this renovation what do you mean? Hagrid's did alright with them even though they were pretty static.

quote:

and Disney is building stuff like Runaway Railway and Avengers that are very reliant on projections.

Disney's stuff feels a lot more "alive" and "real" because of how and where they put projections (like on the face of a moving physical model) instead of just big screens everywhere. Runaway and Rise are both masterful uses of new tech mixed in with classic dark ride design.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 11, 2021

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Bottom Liner posted:

Aside from this renovation what do you mean? Hagrid's did already with them even though they were pretty static.

The Pets ride.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Jumping in to be blah on the Kakamora float. It was okay but a bit tooo dairy ice cream for me. Now that I Lava You float at Sunshine Terrace? Baller. I’ll be grabbing another at the end of the month.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Anya posted:

Jumping in to be blah on the Kakamora float. It was okay but a bit tooo dairy ice cream for me. Now that I Lava You float at Sunshine Terrace? Baller. I’ll be grabbing another at the end of the month.

That one was good but I don’t drink full sugar soda so it was too sweet for me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

that ride looks really low effort, I'd rather ride Dinosaur any day

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Braksgirl posted:

That one was good but I don’t drink full sugar soda so it was too sweet for me.

Yeah that may make your explode. We split it last fall and I definitely wanted more.

The Peter Pan float I am trying to grab - I always forget about it on that side of the park.

Just did dining for June - I’ve got Kona and Yak and Yeti finally! That plus Homecomin at the end of the month, I’m hyped.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

alg posted:

that ride looks really low effort, I'd rather ride Dinosaur any day

Dinosaur was ruined for me by people telling me it was the same as Indiana Jones which is my favorite ride.

I'm taking my GF to Universal on Sunday and she's never been. I've been a ton of times and was an AP for a few years, I'm so excited for her to finally get to see WWoHP.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Thinking of going to Universal Studios Hollywood, anyone know what's good to eat there? Thinking of trying the Simpsons food for the novelty

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Roth posted:

Thinking of going to Universal Studios Hollywood, anyone know what's good to eat there? Thinking of trying the Simpsons food for the novelty

Not sure if the menu is the same as the one in Orlando, but the Moe's burger was good. The milkshake was the highlight dessert for me but that may have been because I was hungry.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Silly Burrito posted:

Not sure if the menu is the same as the one in Orlando, but the Moe's burger was good. The milkshake was the highlight dessert for me but that may have been because I was hungry.

Hollywood's Moes does a few things differently than the Orlando, but I think the base items are the same.

Universal Milkshakes are basically just thicker Frostys, so I enjoy them, but most people I know hate them.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Girlfriend and I always end up eating at the Leaky Cauldron and getting the bread bowl. I know there’s other food out there but we just gravitate towards Diagonal Alley first.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

New Disney news about cast member costumes, etc I think this is really cool, and it's good to see companies finally coming around. My wife works at a bank and they're finally relaxing the rules on tattoos and piercings and things.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/04/a-place-where-everyone-is-welcome/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q3wo0408210044A

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

skipdogg posted:

New Disney news about cast member costumes, etc I think this is really cool, and it's good to see companies finally coming around. My wife works at a bank and they're finally relaxing the rules on tattoos and piercings and things.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/04/a-place-where-everyone-is-welcome/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q3wo0408210044A

it's because the boomers are dying off

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

The stuff about tattoos/piercings/costumes kind of buries the lede on what's REALLY going to piss off stupid people:

They're adding a new Key to the four already in existence (Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency): Inclusivity

quote:

Every Disney Parks cast member is familiar with our longstanding tradition of The Four Keys – Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency – which have guided our approach to guest service for more than 65 years. The Four Keys are one of the first things that cast members learn about when they join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and they are regularly reinforced throughout their tenure. Each cast member is asked to use The Four Keys as the blueprint for the decisions they make during the workday and the approach they bring to their interactions with others. Cast members around the world know them by heart and live by them in their roles every day as they create amazing experiences for our guests.

And when we asked our cast how we could better cultivate a culture of belonging, they suggested the addition of a fifth key: the key of Inclusion. Like The Four Keys before them, The 5 Keys – with Inclusion at the heart – will continue to guide us as we interact with guests, collaborate together, create the next generation of Disney products and experiences, and make critical decisions about the future of our business.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Thank god.

Very excited for people who 100% supported a terrorist coup against our country to complain about hurting traditional family values

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
In before a gender fluid CM scares a disboard poster to typing out a long rant.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Allowing "body art" kind of makes me want to go on a rant here and now, but to be honest a decade ago I was already seeing front line Disneyland CMs with makeup poorly hiding small tattoos behind the ears and whatnot, and they're probably still not going to let anybody have snakebites onstage or let their ears go Full Rohde. Absolutely no problem with the more inclusive stuff regarding religious and ethnic cultures and gender identity.

I'm a little surprised it took this long for them to reconsider men's hair length.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

couldcareless posted:

In before a gender fluid CM scares a disboard poster to typing out a long rant.

I've already seen freak outs like "What if a male cast member wore a skirt!!!!!!!"

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
"What would WALT think???"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

JaneError posted:

Hot Take: Nobody should ever think about WWWD. He's dead, who cares?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Im trying to figure out what people object to.... like... are basic unoffensive tattoos really that objectionable? Are they worried about dudes with long hair? or women with short hair?

Like... I cant even tell what's changed. Hair can be longer? minimal jewelry is allowed? What are people mad about?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

JaneError posted:

Probably "I wonder if he is one of those Jews" while he huffed down half a pack of camels in one sitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

couldcareless posted:

Probably "I wonder if he is one of those Communist Jews" while he huffed down half a pack of camels in one sitting

Fixed.