Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Maybe this article is actually really good and insightful but reading this abstract reminds me of the "you're just addicted to saying words" tweet.

I do admire them for keeping their abstract lean though, I ain't reading poo poo if you can't summarize it with < 200 words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Becoming so woke I'm demanding the McElroys do an episode in blackface

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

BDG straight-down-the-barrel saying "You are not my friend, and you have no say in my appearance" to the audience was a great choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait did the mcelboys actually run liberty lender ads? saw a random article mention it and uh, jesus if true

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

wait did the mcelboys actually run liberty lender ads? saw a random article mention it and uh, jesus if true

They ran a whole ton of insanely sketchy ads in the beginning years, so I seriously wouldn't be surprised.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I really loved the era of the best show post wfmu and pre Patreon where Tom would do ads for like gambling and loan companies and sounded miserable the whole time

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

some plague rats posted:

Becoming so woke I'm demanding the McElroys do an episode in blackface
:lol: I enjoy reading all your posts in Skelly's voice and this was no exception

Endorph posted:

They've def advertised Prosper.com which is peer-to-peer lending, no idea how bad they are tho

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Zero One posted:

TAZ was pretty good today. Just a lot of DnD fighting for those who miss that. And a giant octopus.

source your quotes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the purest form of preservation for Yahoo Answers

https://twitter.com/YahooAnswersTXT/status/1380150693340852233

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

I sincerely believe that pop culture can hold up to an academic analysis of societal trends, and I think there is something interesting to say about how the brothers navigate being sincere allies while still acknowledging their privileged status as white cis men, but:

A) this feels like a more obnoxious version of that "Politics of the Mcelroy Brothers" video that gets circulated every few months.

B) This was already addressed better on Sawbones:

"Of course you have a strong opinion about [teaching cursive in school]."
"Of course I do! I'm a white man, I have a strong opinion about everything!" 🤣

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
fundamentally relieved that they didn't go with that new theme song by Har Mar Superstar

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

well why not posted:

BDG straight-down-the-barrel saying "You are not my friend, and you have no say in my appearance" to the audience was a great choice.

That and his character in cyberpunk having "deeply problematic parasocial relationships" with the in-game vloggers was :discourse:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Empty Sandwich posted:

fundamentally relieved that they didn't go with that new theme song by Har Mar Superstar

Unsure if this is a joke, but would be curious to hear it if it isn't.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stroop There It Is posted:

:lol: I enjoy reading all your posts in Skelly's voice and this was no exception

I say all my posts out loud in his voice as I write them and if it doesn't work then I don't post it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

C-Euro posted:

Something about them interviewing Justin about this instead of Griffin is extremely funny to me.

something about Travis’ run as DM being both so consequential/high stakes and so bad as to warrant a write up in the New York Times feels like a childhood dream gone terribly, terribly awry

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've missed this but I'm assuming he's finally being outed for being a weird creep to women?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I've missed this but I'm assuming he's finally being outed for being a weird creep to women?
hard to imagine any sex pestery coming from a guy who would yank out his pubes and scatter them over the crowd

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

Low stakes Amnesty was good but once it became a dumb save-the-world plot it became way more arduous.

Amnesty is weird because the end of it came on like a car crash. The arc immediately prior to everything suddenly going into endgame seriousness basically feels like every single previous story before it until the very end, and then a whole bunch of stuff happens all at once and then there’s a giant time skip. I spent the entire final arc wishing there had been like one last section between it properly setting up for an end instead of a headlong charge into the finish

Outside of that Amnesty was fun and has a lot of hilarious moments in it early on. Travis’ character was a little irritating and he did an annoying voice for her, but everyone else was on fire when they got a chance to shine, especially Justin

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Ned is my favorite Clint character.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

well why not posted:

I missed this when it originally came out and finally tracked down the video where he said it. Amazing self-determination move, I'm in awe.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Relistened to Dust over the past few days. I forgot how funny ringing the Carrion Street distress bell was and how naturally the mystery unfolded. Hopefully Travis takes another shot at a short game. The contained environment and accelerated timeframe seem to play more towards his strengths as a storyteller.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

wizzardstaff posted:

I missed this when it originally came out and finally tracked down the video where he said it. Amazing self-determination move, I'm in awe.

In the age of "just chatting" twitch streamers and twitter polls and other audience pandering moves, BDG pushing back is a smart choice. If he asked the audience what they wanted his creations would be poo poo and the same as everyone else's. No audience would ever ask for him to do Unraveled or the Hurdy Gurdy clips.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
quick question: who is BDG

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Riptor posted:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Riptor posted:

Ex polygon team member

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Riptor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfu39l0kxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3XnKr0lvDw

Entropic fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 12, 2021

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Riptor posted:

A chaotic good(?) entity with maximum theater kid energy

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So Travis?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

a pipe smoking dog posted:

yep:

https://m.startribune.com/minneapolis-singer-of-har-mar-superstar-fame-offers-deep-apology-for-misconduct/600038691/

basically,

Sivart13 posted:

hard to imagine any sex pestery coming from a guy who would yank out his pubes and scatter them over the crowd

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Democratic Pirate posted:

A chaotic good(?) entity with maximum theater kid energy

Warbird posted:

So Travis?

No. Not like that.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

BDG has none of the middle sibling energy that defines Travis

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Warbird posted:

So Travis?

please apologize to brian

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
BDG is what you'd get if Travis were the youngest and also had to get internet famous on his own instead of with his brothers.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Here just spend 30 minutes of your life on this

https://youtu.be/2cT6ULpScZA

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Democratic Pirate posted:

Here just spend 30 minutes of your life on this

https://youtu.be/2cT6ULpScZA

Absolute pro-click; I don't even like Pokemon and I've watched this three times in full.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Have not listened to the newest mbmbam yet, but the description says Griff is back.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

travis got a new seggie to make his brothers feel real pain

griffin came back from the first week of taking care of a baby, the worst week of any parent's life, to experience travis doing a new painful segment at him

(which actually feels like a bit from hey riddle riddle, a podcast that i love but for some reason has anthony burch as a guest host this week)

e: there's some Ted Cruz riffin in this one

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 12, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The 7th Guest posted:

travis got a new seggie to make his brothers feel real pain

griffin came back from the first week of taking care of a baby, the worst week of any parent's life, to experience travis doing a new painful segment at him

(which actually feels like a bit from hey riddle riddle, a podcast that i love but for some reason has anthony burch as a guest host this week)

e: there's some Ted Cruz riffin in this one

Yeah it owned

Doubly so because Griffin crushed the segment, proving he is on the wavelength of the segment despite his protests.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this episode's got some good energy, i like this one. maybe each of the brothers needs to go on a week break to, like, have a baby or go to a gathering of the juggalos or whatever, so they can come back refreshed and with new experiences to channel into comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The 7th Guest posted:

It's a follow-through of a bit from the very end of the previous week's episode. Don't worry about it, it's fine.