Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

packetmantis posted:

I really like games like a dark room/Crank/Armory & Machine 1 and 2, where there's sort of a sense of mystery that you discover as you progress and everything is mysterious and cool. Does anyone have recs for more like that?

trimps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012
My idea for improving the QoL of NGUI: have another color for the gain/loss (yellow maybe) which shows that the item is being lost, but won't go to 0 until past a certain time (maybe an hour? user settable?) .
This will make it much easier to setup tiles since the user can just skip setting up some materials entirely, since they have plenty of them (and they don't have to do all the maths to work out if they can finish off whatever they are making before one of the components runs out and their layout fails).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGUI: Anywhere I can see my rewards from the Muslukk pit?
Also, you start getting some actually decent rewards, like +40% tier 2 flesh production and stuff, later on, so it's absolutely worth chucking in your spare resources (that you are done with, don't chuck in high-tier mats).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

packetmantis posted:

I really like games like a dark room/Crank/Armory & Machine 1 and 2, where there's sort of a sense of mystery that you discover as you progress and everything is mysterious and cool. Does anyone have recs for more like that?

universal paperclips?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Also for the Muslukk Pit, it would be nice if it wasn't all-or-nothing. I'm thinking something like the AWESOME Sink in Satisfactory, wherein you could divert some or all of your production to accrue a currency for QoL stuff. It would make the game feel more idle-y if you could choose to, say, divert 50% of excess production toward the Pit.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

TBH I tend to chuck anything that’s net positive into the muslukk pit because it all adds up and unless it’s a T1 then surpluses are rarely that important

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, my Relic progression is bottlenecked so hard by BDSM's right now, is there any way other than passively from ISOPOD or doing work orders to get them?

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Man, my Relic progression is bottlenecked so hard by BDSM's right now, is there any way other than passively from ISOPOD or doing work orders to get them?

quote:

[BALANCE] Reaaaally nerfed the BDSM plant!

I'd assume by this that there's a plant for that, but I don't know when that's available.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

universal paperclips?

That one too. :v:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tehdas posted:

My idea for improving the QoL of NGUI: have another color for the gain/loss (yellow maybe) which shows that the item is being lost, but won't go to 0 until past a certain time (maybe an hour? user settable?) .
This will make it much easier to setup tiles since the user can just skip setting up some materials entirely, since they have plenty of them (and they don't have to do all the maths to work out if they can finish off whatever they are making before one of the components runs out and their layout fails).

This is a really good idea. Especially if it’s user settable. Or there could even be multiple levels to it.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Sayara posted:

I'd assume by this that there's a plant for that, but I don't know when that's available.

it's at the (current) endgame

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
NGUI- Are Experiments actually implemented? I can't figure out how to actually generate Research Points.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Pope Guilty posted:

NGUI- Are Experiments actually implemented? I can't figure out how to actually generate Research Points.

You get a new tab up top to build labs! You'll want like 30-40 of them for experiments to take 1-2 days.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
What I'd love to see is the blue or red gain/loss as a rate not in units of time but of proportions of a building's production. That would let me see at a glance, "Oh, I'll need way more of these buildings placed than I thought," or, "wow, even one steel factory is overkill." Put one juice building down and see how many of the equivalent tech's production buildings it is equivalent too, et cetera. Alternatively, seeing a final output/unit time in the building tooltip in the same unit as selected for the stockpile would be very helpful.

HijAK
Apr 22, 2008
Really liking NGUI so far (a couple tiers into the third map).
I agree with people that the upgrade cycle can be pretty unsatisfying because usually after a single upgrade you have to rebuild, so it's better to wait until you have enough juice to get 10 or 20 upgrades at a time. It would feel better for the small 2% or 5% upgrades to be combined into expensive 20% or 50% upgrades so you're forced to wait. Also, maybe it's just me, but I would like to be able to filter the upgrades by the juice they require instead of their tier. When I get to a new tier I usually want to finish the majority of the old research, but it gets mixed in with all the new stuff and you have to go item by item. Maybe sort options instead, like show research in the order it's unlocked?

Work orders are decent, but I agree that Tiny should be the default, and you should be able to cancel it. Maybe with a delay or have multiple slots available, but you can get some really rough luck early on and ruin your BDSM gain for a while. Maybe even have Tiny be smaller and worth like 50 points so people can actually do Work Orders early on without dedicating huge areas to it.

Relics are cool and offer a nice bit of alternate progress like you're already doing to open new building spaces. It would also be nice to be able to partially pay for them instead of needing all of the resources at once.

Experiments are pretty rough. I don't like that it's an either/or with normal juice and material generation, and the rewards don't seem comparable to research without a lot of upgrades to lab generation. It's comparable to something like Cards in NGU in terms of value, but Cards aren't reliant on using the same resources as normal NGU things. It would feel a lot better if it could at least be partially in parallel passively(maybe a type of lab that can be put on water that generates less than land labs), or have beacons also generate a small amount of lab with an upgrade. That way you get rewarded for having beacon heavy setups and you make progress in two systems at once instead of having to choose. Also, I don't think you can queue up active experiments, which puts me off from idling because if I don't check every couple of hours I could have a whole lot of dead time.

Oh, and please let the left arrow on the Base screen loop backwards instead of stopping at the Asteroid Base. It would be nice if each screen had separate decorations too. An Optimal Floor button for ISOPOD would also be neat. Thanks.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
NGUI: I wouldn't mind an animation or a glow at least when buildings are working, or a keyboard shortcut to show buildings that are running.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
It would be neat if Muslukk Pit's resource icons would be highlighted if getting PPs is possible. This would greatly shorten the bother of looking for something to sacrifice.

xiw posted:

NGUI: I wouldn't mind an animation or a glow at least when buildings are working, or a keyboard shortcut to show buildings that are running.

The opposite, showing when building is not working might be better?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Next patch will add this to the display system

tl;dr: you can set a buffer time in settings, if your gain/loss is positive, the colour is cyan as normal. if negative, but you have enough material to last as long as the set time, the number is in yellow. if less than that but more than 30s, it's orange. if <30 or you're straight up bottlenecked, the colour then is red.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

NGU Idle: i capped energy & magic before finishing their % bonuses in perks/quests; how bad did I gently caress up my XP expenditure?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

oldskool posted:

NGU Idle: i capped energy & magic before finishing their % bonuses in perks/quests; how bad did I gently caress up my XP expenditure?

Probably not that badly; it's commonly acknowledged that the last few cap boosts won't do anything except let you dispense with cap boosts on gear. The last one might not even do anything at all.

For comparison, I stopped buying at 6B base EM caps.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The last perks I bought were the final cap ones, and all I have left in quests is caps. You'd cripple yourself for months if not years if all you min-maxed your xp based on final gear multiplier.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
It's worth noting that the current ultimate set of gear has EM power/cap back on special which lets you dispense with the stat on accs entirely, which is nice, but generally speaking once you get to cap cap or power cap you can safely spend the rest of your exp on r3/adv stats

in matter dims, i'm at basically endgame, slowly buffing up the repeatable gene upgrades. I seem to be stuck on neutronic challenges and can't get the last vacuumic one (only left path), and there doesn't seem much to be done. my vacuumic upgrades are middle in the 3 spit, and neutronic/photonic on the last split, and i am wondering if my build is wrong or if this is just "wait for update" territory.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Nope, after a certain point you're running a second path in the 3 split anyway and the "fourth row of Photonic upgrades" is the strongest purchase once you're keeping the max reached photonic upgrade from one of the achievements. The reward in Vacuumic is ??? because it isn't currently possible and you're not reaching some of the matter breakpoints normally anyway in Neutronic challenges. You're left simply to repeatedly extinct your population to get a slightly better multiplier.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sage Grimm posted:

Nope, after a certain point you're running a second path in the 3 split anyway and the "fourth row of Photonic upgrades" is the strongest purchase once you're keeping the max reached photonic upgrade from one of the achievements. The reward in Vacuumic is ??? because it isn't currently possible and you're not reaching some of the matter breakpoints normally anyway in Neutronic challenges. You're left simply to repeatedly extinct your population to get a slightly better multiplier.

the first extinct was pretty good but boy does is scale badly

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

something posted:

Next patch will add this to the display system

This is a high quality change.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

https://poochyexe.github.io/pachinkremental/pachinkremental.html

Pachinkremental went version 1.0 today and reset all saves for balance issues (it was hilariously easy to get done with all the content so don't blame them for saying gently caress porting beta saves). It's at the point of rapid development where the dev is releasing content patches a few times a week and bug fix patches most days. If you like early dev idle games this is visually pleasing and gives you buttons to press. There's not really any thought into which one to push you just want to push all of them as soon as you can (maybe the 1.0 rebalance will force some choices)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pixaal posted:

https://poochyexe.github.io/pachinkremental/pachinkremental.html

Pachinkremental went version 1.0 today and reset all saves for balance issues (it was hilariously easy to get done with all the content so don't blame them for saying gently caress porting beta saves). It's at the point of rapid development where the dev is releasing content patches a few times a week and bug fix patches most days. If you like early dev idle games this is visually pleasing and gives you buttons to press. There's not really any thought into which one to push you just want to push all of them as soon as you can (maybe the 1.0 rebalance will force some choices)

I've enjoyed tooling with this game over the past week. Even with getting beta saves reset, you can still "complete" the current content in ~3 hours, so it's no big deal. Hope to see more released for this!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Klungar posted:

I've enjoyed tooling with this game over the past week. Even with getting beta saves reset, you can still "complete" the current content in ~3 hours, so it's no big deal. Hope to see more released for this!

progress is enjoyable for sure but I can't point to why I feel like all upgrades are pretty much same-same just click whatever lights up and go hog wild. Unless you are unlocking something new obviously that tends to be a big boost.

Not sure it has long term staying power, can probably be balanced around a game that takes 2-3 weeks to beat and work real well though.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

pixaal posted:

progress is enjoyable for sure but I can't point to why I feel like all upgrades are pretty much same-same just click whatever lights up and go hog wild. Unless you are unlocking something new obviously that tends to be a big boost.

Not sure it has long term staying power, can probably be balanced around a game that takes 2-3 weeks to beat and work real well though.

I think the only real "decision point" in the game is "what order do you unlock the gemstone balls in?", which I do think makes a bit of difference (I think the Emerald/Sapphire lineages are more powerful than the Ruby) but not enough that you are going to screw yourself over if you go one way or another. Otherwise, just level everything equally and you'll be fine.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Yeah there's not a ton of thought to put into it, but it's pretty and fun.

My only complaint is that a lot of the time, there's only one thing that's going to give you any real progress, and the points from everything else don't even move the needle. Right now a center-hole 8-ball or a good spin are worth tens to hundreds of thousands of any other ball.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

pixaal posted:

Honestly it's not like that's much different from Prestige Tree or any of its variants. Those games tend to just be "buy all the upgrades available and then buy the next set of available upgrades" and yet they were a big fad for a while.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Arzaac posted:

Honestly it's not like that's much different from Prestige Tree or any of its variants. Those games tend to just be "buy all the upgrades available and then buy the next set of available upgrades" and yet they were a big fad for a while.

I wasn't knocking it, I was explaining how the game flow works for anyone interested in playing it so they knew exactly what they were getting. It's not an idle game you are going to be sitting down and playing for a year+ like NGU or Synergism.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Oh man I enjoyed coming back to pachinkremental every couple of days since it was first posted and seeing what was updated. In fact I only just maxed out beach balls this morning. I'm a bit miffed that the save got reset of all things (usually you'd at least get a prestige multiplier for this), but if the developer can keep up the pace with these updates, I might be tempted to redo everything since it *is* reasonably quick. Fun game and I prefer this style to
games where you have to consult a guide on a discord server to progress (looking at you, matter dimension)

edit: great, just reached the endgame again and there is zero new content compared to before the wipe. meh.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 13, 2021

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hah I was thinking of making a version of IncrediMarble that was just what Pachinkremental is but with, like, the ability to do weird poo poo with the pegs as well.

...Might still do it, I dunno. I really need someone to help with all the numbers and math poo poo because just doing it for IncrediMarble was one of the more annoying parts.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Playing this again and it’s definitely better with the QoL changes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

where did my game go

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Aurora posted:

where did my game go

pachinkowned

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

DaveKap posted:

Hah I was thinking of making a version of IncrediMarble that was just what Pachinkremental is but with, like, the ability to do weird poo poo with the pegs as well.

...Might still do it, I dunno. I really need someone to help with all the numbers and math poo poo because just doing it for IncrediMarble was one of the more annoying parts.

This would certainly be an interesting way to go, currently you have no interaction with the board at all besides setting your auto-drop point, and even then there is really only one valid place to put it (the center). A reason to move it around from time to time or the ability to more actively route the balls where you want to go could open up some fun decisions.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Aurora posted:

where did my game go

close your browser all windows and re open it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This pachinko game rules.