Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

the Guardian is a left-liberal paper, always has been. the paper of the part of the upper (middle) class that's never in power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

R. Mute posted:

the Guardian is a left-liberal paper, always has been. the paper of the part of the upper (middle) class that's never in power.

And determined to keep it that way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We have easily the worst press in the world

https://twitter.com/MattTurner4L/status/1381265547120218116?s=19

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

quote:

These organisations, all of which are listed on the Royal Family website, include: BirdLife Australia, which is dedicated to the conservation, study and enjoyment of Australia’s native birds and their habitats, the Mount Everest Foundation, which funds British and New Zealand expeditions to mountainous regions of the world, and Muscular Dystrophy UK, which provides care and funding research for muscular dystrophies and allied disorders.

the crown got so desperate to find some charity work they try to pass off overcrowding the poo poo out of everest by white people as giving

birding is just boomer eco tourism

I'm guessing muscular dystrophy uk is legit... probably

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

just asking questions there

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

( https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1381026854598017024 )

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

really enjoying watching the british press pivot from "are beloved royals" to "listen here, you little shits, you are going to love them, we've got all this hagiography ready quit complaining about masterchef"

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the royals literally have nothing better to do with their time than just slum it occasionally for some charity do every now and then

i like how prince andrew was the trade envoy for ages, with people making snide remarks how he wasn’t really qualified for such a task. well little did we know what he was probably doing for queen and country

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jel Shaker posted:

the royals literally have nothing better to do with their time than just slum it occasionally for some charity do every now and then

i like how prince andrew was the trade envoy for ages, with people making snide remarks how he wasn’t really qualified for such a task. well little did we know what he was probably doing for queen and country

Please do not disrespect Prince Andrew. He is a war hero that has seen so much combat that his bady hardened body has become unable to sweat.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Turkish press is worse. I think Australian must be as well.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

The Turkish press is worse. I think Australian must be as well.

I guess I can see Turkey but at least they have to keep their good journalists in prison cells to get that bad. But how can the Australian press really be worse?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

genericnick posted:

I guess I can see Turkey but at least they have to keep their good journalists in prison cells to get that bad. But how can the Australian press really be worse?

Rupert Murdoch

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I dunno this one's leaving me feeling hollow. Normally it's pretty exciting when a british royal bites it, but PP's like the least exciting royal he's just an uncharming douchebag, and he made it to 99 and like, once they're past 75 what's even the point?

genericnick posted:

The main reason the British press is so bad is that its basically imported Australian press.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

spankmeister posted:

Rupert Murdoch

Yeah, Australia is where the disease started. But now it's everywhere. :(

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

And they are always so loving grumpy too at them.
Wasn't the Queen only visibly happy in public when she had a bet on at the horse races.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

happyhippy posted:

And they are always so loving grumpy too at them.
Wasn't the Queen only visibly happy in public when she had a bet on at the horse races.

I've never seen the queen visibly happy

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
A nice mini Adam Curtis documentary on Murdoch (it was on Screenwipe once) his other stuff is good too and on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxIb8PywcHA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

marktheando posted:

when she was in a car with her recently made extremely public nonce son

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

marktheando posted:

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
In before someone says Trudeau just showed her his blackface pics.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Rollie Fingers posted:

Read on twitter the allegations against Andrew really hurt him

Yeah right. Paedophilia is a tradition passed on from father to son in upper class British society

Sure. He was hurt his fuckup of a son left anyone alive to make the accusations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jose posted:

when she was in a car with her recently made extremely public nonce son

i guess he's still her favourite child

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so this means in like three months, right

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I hope she croaks quick so we can get this whole mourning charade over with in one go.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i hope she hangs on for a couple more years, to give us enough time to properly grieve for phillip

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
she's gonna hang on until christmas eve and cancel the whole holiday seasonm out of spite

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Wait, people have been talking about his phylactery but what if he was hers

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

trying to spin this as the people’s grandad, like diana was the people’s princess, is wrong on so many levels

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

we really need the queen to die while boris is pm to get the full insanity of it. anyone else as pm and it'll be more muted

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jose posted:

we really need the queen to die while boris is pm to get the full insanity of it. anyone else as pm and it'll be more muted

i think you underestimate our next PM, who will definitely be a brexit true believer lunatic

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah 2024 is gonna make 2021 look like 2018

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

marktheando posted:

i think you underestimate our next PM, who will definitely be a brexit true believer lunatic

It's a toss-up between priti patel or piers morgan for my money

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

As a migrant Priti would be absolutely horrifying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

marktheando posted:

i think they're all generally too insane for it to get nominated by the other tory mps or however it works

anyway lol

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1381361804488630274?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

whole country is loving insane

https://twitter.com/_kayayem/status/1381337595184054282?s=20

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

An insane mind posted:

And the Guardian is your sort of left mainstream paper right?

Great. Fantastic. I hope the royals at least clean their shoes before the opinion column starts the bootlicking.

no, the guardian is categorically not left wing, it is a Liberal newspaper with a capital L and always will be

the mirror is probably the only actual left wing major newspaper, and even then that's fairly nominal as it's still a British tabloid

this country is sick and i pray that it dies soon

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

An insane mind posted:

And the Guardian is your sort of left mainstream paper right?

Great. Fantastic. I hope the royals at least clean their shoes before the opinion column starts the bootlicking.

Yeah. If you tell any normie brit that the guardian isn't left wing you sound completely loving mad

A lot of people just expect there would be a full spectrum of papers so obviously as the left most paper it's left wing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol this psycho popped up the other day because he demanded the guardian respond to a tweet by someone who had written a single article for them in 2016

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1381384021091868673?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah. If you tell any normie brit that the guardian isn't left wing you sound completely loving mad

A lot of people just expect there would be a full spectrum of papers so obviously as the left most paper it's left wing

I just had this discussion with my parents who said they read both the guardian and the telegraph to get all sides (but obvs mostly agree with the telegraph and chortle at the guardian). In the end I sent them this article as one that the guardian categorically would not ever publish: https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/04/how-protestors-get-the-blame-for-police-violence

e: then they got mad that I asked how much london property do you think that the newspaper owners own when they sent me articles about how we all should go back into the office

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Apr 12, 2021