Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

My next real big job is sorting out my rock garden, which will involve a lot of mannequin spam and a lot of time travel. I really don't have the motivation right now. But otherwise most of the island is in pretty good shape I think.

It's also about time for someone to ask to leave again. Hoping it's Bianca, Wolfgang or Lucky. And today or tomorrow would be good times, hint hint game, so I'd have a weekend day free to shop for a new friend.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Black Robe posted:

My next real big job is sorting out my rock garden, which will involve a lot of mannequin spam and a lot of time travel. I really don't have the motivation right now. But otherwise most of the island is in pretty good shape I think.

I was going through your post history to see if you’ve ever opened up your island for visitors and on cursory glance it doesn’t look like you’ve ever done so. I’m mad curious to see all this work you’ve been putting in the last few months.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I was going through your post history to see if you’ve ever opened up your island for visitors and on cursory glance it doesn’t look like you’ve ever done so. I’m mad curious to see all this work you’ve been putting in the last few months.

I have a few times, when I have meteors or good turnip prices. Most recently was just Tuesday actually! But hey, what the hell, I'll throw open the gates now for a couple of hours if you want to come nose around.

Dodo closed, real life calls. Some other time I guess. In the meantime if anyone lurking is sufficiently bored, my dream is up to date: DA-0600-4375-0617

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 8, 2021

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Man, I haven't gotten a single Cherry Blossom DIY yet this year.

I got a few last year, but for some reason I just am not seeing balloons.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jailbars really do help on the balloon situation. Unfortunately I'm not able to get good coverage on the west side of my island due to a river so I'm not able to get a lot of them coming from that side.

I'm down to only needing the Sakura Flooring DIY. :unsmith:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Annath posted:

Man, I haven't gotten a single Cherry Blossom DIY yet this year.

I got a few last year, but for some reason I just am not seeing balloons.

At 00 and 05 past every hour and every 5 minutes run up and down one side of your island a couple times. Right at night, left during the day. Most times a balloon spawns though not every time.

I only farm at night because that side of my island is a straight run up and down.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The direction can change - I've had it come from one side and then change mid-day, not just day and night.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I just stand AFK about two thirds of the way down the coast with one earbud in and listen for woosh noises while doing other stuff. You don't get all of them that way but you don't always have the time to be running up and down every five minutes and I still get a fairly steady stream of them when I try. You do need to figure out the direction first though, for me they come from the right during the day and the left at night.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The most reliable way to figure direction is chimney smoke of course. My directions can change by the day- I was getting eastward winds during the day yesterday, today they are westward during the day.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The most reliable way to figure direction is chimney smoke of course. My directions can change by the day- I was getting eastward winds during the day yesterday, today they are westward during the day.

Basically this^

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

That's so weird. Mine is absolutely always left-to-right from 6am to 6pm and the other way round for the other 12 hours.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Well, we know islands have unique weather seeds. Presumably wind direction is tied to that, and thus so is balloon trajectory? It would explain why some people seem to have worse luck than others, if they're following advice from an island with a different wind pattern.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

That's so weird. Mine is absolutely always left-to-right from 6am to 6pm and the other way round for the other 12 hours.

Ya mine is consistantly right to left in the day and left to right at night

I put up jailbars today and have so far had nothing but random clothes and clay. Thanks game

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Same here. Mine always are 7am - 7pm on the right and 7pm - 7 am on the left.

Also (again could be the island layout) I found that regardless of which direction they come in from, most balloons would cross over the resident services building. Easier to camp there once I finally figured it out.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

TL posted:

My storage is full and I have more clothes than I know what to do with, so today is the first day of the Great Mickleton Fashion Giveaway! The eastern side of my island has dozens of shirts, jackets, tops, and coats, and they are all free! Please take whatever you’d like, anything that isn’t taken is just going to be sold, so grab as much as you’d like!

Also, Patty is in boxes if you’re in the market for a peppy cow.

Otherwise, help yourself to anything from the Nooklings and the Ables.

Board messages and art are greatly appreciated!

Dodo code is in PGS.

Stopped by this evening! I only just started playing a couple of weeks ago so this was a nice way to bulk up my catalog. I grabbed a few hats and left you an apartment listing on your bulletin board--SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.

Thanks friend!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Anybody need a mystic statue? PM me I got one at my Redd’s. Also Ken is making the Gold Screen Wall.

Edit: sorry I have to go to bed, I should’ve posted about it earlier I guess!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 9, 2021

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Whoever has Risa, thank you again! I've been wanting the duck decoy recipe for months. If you ever need anything, I'm here, I owe you.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Stopped by this evening! I only just started playing a couple of weeks ago so this was a nice way to bulk up my catalog. I grabbed a few hats and left you an apartment listing on your bulletin board--SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.

Thanks friend!

Your listing made me laugh out loud! Glad I could help! I'll probably be dumping some pants and accessories over the next couple days, so keep your eyes open for me.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

A-Ha!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

I have perfect pitch and can't read music / match pitch to notation. Thank you for this hint. I chortled when I got it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Lucky asked to leave. Perfect timing, buddy. I wish you luck out there.

He'll be in boxes tomorrow, I'm happy to open up after I've dealt with the fishing tourney if anyone would like a brain damaged zombie dog friend.

Bill's in the campsite but I don't really want a duck. Guess I'll go touring islands on Sunday.

I wish CJ would stop showing up the day before the tourney, I don't need to see you two days in a row, dude.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Black Robe posted:

Lucky asked to leave. Perfect timing, buddy. I wish you luck out there.

He'll be in boxes tomorrow, I'm happy to open up after I've dealt with the fishing tourney if anyone would like a brain damaged zombie dog friend.

Bill's in the campsite but I don't really want a duck. Guess I'll go touring islands on Sunday.

I wish CJ would stop showing up the day before the tourney, I don't need to see you two days in a row, dude.

Perfect timing, Bitty is in boxes today and will be gone tomorrow. I would love to grab the zombie dog!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fake James posted:

Perfect timing, Bitty is in boxes today and will be gone tomorrow. I would love to grab the zombie dog!

Sure thing, I'll drop you a PM tomorrow when I'm around, I'm not working so should be plenty of time for you to come by and invite him home.

e; quiet here today ain't it

Lucky's gone to his new home, so time to hunt down a new friend. Let's see how nice the RNG feels.

Islands found: short river and pond, bamboo x2, mountain x2, fidget spinner x3, waterfall x2, big fish, short river x2, curly river

Rejects: Alphonso, Beau, Kevin, Frank, Graham, Weber, Rosie, Bertha, Harry, Bruce, Snake, Agent S, Avery

Final outcome: Olivia, she seems cute.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 11, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/namico_x/status/1380536185802481668?s=21

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will never get tired of these recreations. :allears:

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

:drat:

Also :drat: but not good: zero cherry blossom recipes other than the one Isabel gave me. I have a ton of petals, though, so I guess next year I can just focus on farming balloons.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

effika posted:

:drat:

Also :drat: but not good: zero cherry blossom recipes other than the one Isabel gave me. I have a ton of petals, though, so I guess next year I can just focus on farming balloons.

:smith::hf::smith:

Easter Bunny Day is 4/17/22 so you'll have ten days of mostly undivided attention.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There should be a way to get recipes you miss, even if it's really expensive. Two years in this game and I have three cherry blossom recipes because I had busy weeks and couldn't farm balloons all day

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

You can always time travel back to cherry blossom season when you do have time to balloon farm, right?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I've gone back a week. Twice. Still have only one sakura DIY.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ugh, Flick, I didn't want to see you today, I only have two out of three moths. Hopefully I can catch one this evening before you go.

New cat is here. Why is purple not one of her favourite colours? Her house is very much blue and purple. But no, she likes black and white, like a lot of my other villagers.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Black Robe posted:

You can always time travel back to cherry blossom season when you do have time to balloon farm, right?

That's fair. I'm trying not to time travel too much because that's been a slippery slope for me in past animal crossing games, in terms of putting me on a joyless completionist grind

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Opening Fiorina for the afternoon while I catch up on college work. Saharah is wandering around on the beach with Future Tech Wall, Paintball Flooring, Blue Small Round Mat, Simple Medium Blue Mat, and Blue Argyle Rug. Buy what you find at Nooks!
Bulletin board messages are cherished.

Dodo code in PGS thread

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 12, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Somebody help me, both of my penguins are saying ‘itellyahwot’ as their catchphrase. How the gently caress could I let this happen?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Somebody help me, both of my penguins are saying ‘itellyahwot’ as their catchphrase. How the gently caress could I let this happen?

It's not going to be a problem until it spreads to the others and your entire island is saying it.

Caught my third giant-rear end moth in time to hand them to Flick for his art. He's happy. And he gave me over 400k bells earlier for a random pile of wasps and butterflies, and tomorrow I get a dope giant moth statue for outside the museum, so I'm happy too.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I've never caught a wasp in any Animal Crossing game :saddowns:

All I get is a giant swollen face.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
There's a trick to catching wasps, if you're having trouble with it. It boils down to three things:

- make sure there's at least one empty 'landing' spot in front of the tree (ground patterns are fine, flowers are not)
- always shake the tree from the front
- never shake a tree unless you're already holding your net

If a wasp nest falls out, your villager will automatically turn to face it and do the BWOING panic reaction - and then you're already facing the direction you need to be facing. Don't move at all, just swing the net as soon as you get control back after the BWOING.

It doesn't matter if the wasp nest lands in the same square you're standing in, because the game will still give you time.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I set Daisy's catchphrase back to "Bow-WOW!", but I did it manually by teaching it, so the game thought it was a new catchphrase, and she's taught it to everyone else so now a bunch of lions, penguins, bears, etc are walking around saying "Bow-WOW!"

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I've got half my villagers saying "my dude" all the time, my island is chill as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Picayune posted:

There's a trick to catching wasps, if you're having trouble with it. It boils down to three things:

- make sure there's at least one empty 'landing' spot in front of the tree (ground patterns are fine, flowers are not)
- always shake the tree from the front
- never shake a tree unless you're already holding your net

If a wasp nest falls out, your villager will automatically turn to face it and do the BWOING panic reaction - and then you're already facing the direction you need to be facing. Don't move at all, just swing the net as soon as you get control back after the BWOING.

It doesn't matter if the wasp nest lands in the same square you're standing in, because the game will still give you time.

Basically all this ^^^ except I always make a point of running away for maybe 2 or 3 seconds straight after the BWOING so I have a bit of wiggle room time-wise to catch the wasps rather than staying nearby and risking getting hosed up.