Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

moths posted:

Now I wonder why "all life becomes half-sized" wasn't the plan.

Because in the comics he murdered half of everything because he had a boner for the anthropomorphic embodiement of death. Which makes more sense than his reason in the MCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

In Thanos's defense, Death was stacked.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Comic thanos: relatable, we've all done terrible things to try to get a date.

Movie thanos: every white boy in first year philosophy or econ class who knows how to solve everything. Far more terrifying.

Fashionable Jorts fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 8, 2021

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the reason Thanos killed half of all life in the universe is because he was insane. Like he had managed to convince himself there was a logical reason he was doing what he was doing, but really he was just a murderous psychopath narcissist who enjoyed killing and had a made up "code"

they called him the MAD Titan, not the Rational Titan of Logistics and Economics

it drives me Thanos insane when people say "huh Thanos plan didnt make sense!". NO poo poo! IT ISNT SUPPOSED TO MAKE SENSE!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
its like complaining one of the Joker's crazy schemes didn't make sense, and why didnt he just do this other thing instead?

CAUSE HES THE loving JOKER

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
the only comic character with logical goals is dilburt

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Moola posted:

its like complaining one of the Joker's crazy schemes didn't make sense, and why didnt he just do this other thing instead?

CAUSE HES THE loving JOKER

at least the joker is fun

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

at least the joker is fun

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's not always trying to erase half the universe, sometimes he just fucks with people.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Gob Thanos makes half of all the treasure in the universe disappear (into his little goblin hovel, crushing him instantly, because hubris)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Mutant Headcrab posted:

With a snap of his fingers, half of all life in the universe will become scrunts.:scrunt:

Dear god. We can't handle that much thread content!

Unless you have the mental state of Thanos I guess. Or Joker?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

goatface posted:

He's not always trying to erase half the universe, sometimes he just fucks with people.

Every birthday. Every goddamned birthday.

What really gets me are the people who say movie Thanos was right. Bruh, you got the power to literally erase half of all life in the universe, but you're so creatively bankrupt that you can't see that you can just make more resources with the macguffin instead of committing murder? You can do loving anything with the damned thing.

poo poo, dude. You're a moron.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

What really gets me are the people who say movie Thanos was right. Bruh, you got the power to literally erase half of all life in the universe, but you're so creatively bankrupt that you can't see that you can just make more resources with the macguffin instead of committing murder? You can do loving anything with the damned thing.

poo poo, dude. You're a moron.

It's because the MCU nerfed the Infinity Gems. Some high level Marvel person (I think it was Kevin Feige) said the stones couldn't actually create matter, just rearrange it.

They also said "half of all life" included plants and animals. So Earth's ecology should have collapsed on itself. They didn't do a good job of thinking any of this out.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mutant Headcrab posted:

It's because the MCU nerfed the Infinity Gems. Some high level Marvel person (I think it was Kevin Feige) said the stones couldn't actually create matter, just rearrange it.

They also said "half of all life" included plants and animals. So Earth's ecology should have collapsed on itself. They didn't do a good job of thinking any of this out.

"Hi, I'm thanos and I don't understand how pest animals reproduce faster than the predators that keep them in check"

I do like the video that explained how un-snapping would cause far more damage and destruction than the original snap would.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

This is the inspiration for the BYOB 40k thread's new title.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

ALL HEAD
NO NECK
THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE TO FECK

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Is this a modron

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

Is this a modron

No, it's a scrunt. :feck:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that's a Prunt (Primaris Scrunt)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Moola posted:

ALL HEAD
NO NECK
THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE TO FECK

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Jack Chick finally picking up wh40k.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It's like Thwomp and a Scrunt mated, creating the most beautiful being I have laid eyes upon.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

NSFW
this was posted in a local group lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only horny.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Midjack posted:

The ranks of the imperial guard are not going to fill themselves.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Midjack posted:

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

Oh local groups are cheating. One guy is proud to own at least two different variations of titty trooper. Phew! Hot stuff!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Midjack posted:

*In Ron Perlman voice* Horny, horny never changes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nice rear end-tromech!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Psyber Spine posted:

Oh local groups are cheating. One guy is proud to own at least two different variations of titty trooper. Phew! Hot stuff!

Aren’t you a little stacked for a storm trooper?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I do like the video that explained how un-snapping would cause far more damage and destruction than the original snap would.

But Tony Stark would absolutely do it anyway.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
halfling vampire gets a good chuckle out of me

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Like being attacked by a bitey toddler.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nebalebadingdong posted:

:same: This owns

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Does he know about Second Neckfast?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TotalHell posted:

Does he know about Second Neckfast?
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Nosferodo Baggins.