Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

StoryTime posted:

Are they faces or heels?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Sunset Overdrive is pretty good. It's overwhelming at first, because you've got a lot to keep track of whilst learning new controls, but after the initial hump it's been fun. It's one of those games where the traversal is enough to carry the whole game.

The writing gets pretty cringey, though. And I don't know if I'm missing something, but it seems pretty stingy with its main currency. I was barely able to afford the cheapest gun after a few hours. Maybe something later on speeds that up.

Fair warning, the pc port is low effort and has issues.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to afford all the weapons by the end of the game - not nearly enough cash by the end even if you do all the extra activities. There is some post-game grinding required to get all of them. Since some guns are just copies with a new paintjob and slightly different stats, it isn't worth it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ErrEff posted:

Unfortunately, you will not be able to afford all the weapons by the end of the game - not nearly enough cash by the end even if you do all the extra activities. There is some post-game grinding required to get all of them. Since some guns are just copies with a new paintjob and slightly different stats, it isn't worth it.

That sucks. Maybe they were trying to incentivize the co-op mode (which isn't in the pc port).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They were absolutely trying to incentivize the online multiplayer as that paid out better iirc.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I almost don't want to ask this because a) there's probably no good answer, and b) it's frankly embarrassing as hell, but

how do you not physically tense up, playing first person shooters?

I really only consciously noticed how bad it is last night playing Destiny 2, but it's been going on as long as I can remember. When the game situation intensifies, my mouse arm & wrist tenses, my concentration tunnels and usually my breath catches (think how you instinctively hold your breath when trying to get something heavy off the ground - kinda like that). End result is my aim goes to hell, and I usually get shot and killed from the side and don't notice until I'm on the ground. (Double all that tension in PvP, at all times until the match ends)

The usual answer is "practice to get comfortable", I know, but I've been playing FPSes for literally over 30 years now. You'd think I'd be more comfortable doing that than, e.g. talking to human beings :v: and when I'm on an easy level or activity I'm fine But, as soon as things get challenging my nerves get shot to hell, seemingly no matter what. It's immensely frustrating. :smith:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ciaphas posted:

I almost don't want to ask this because a) there's probably no good answer, and b) it's frankly embarrassing as hell, but

I really only consciously noticed how bad it is last night playing Destiny 2, but it's been going on as long as I can remember. When the game situation intensifies, my mouse arm & wrist tenses, my concentration tunnels and usually my breath catches (think how you instinctively hold your breath when trying to get something heavy off the ground - kinda like that). End result is my aim goes to hell, and I usually get shot and killed from the side and don't notice until I'm on the ground. (Double all that tension in PvP, at all times until the match ends)

The usual answer is "practice to get comfortable", I know, but I've been playing FPSes for literally over 30 years now. When I'm on an easy level or activity I'm fine, but as soon as things get challenging my nerves get shot to hell, seemingly no matter what. It's immensely frustrating. :smith:

Write a note to yourself and stick it to your monitor that says to not tense up maybe? You're at least aware that it's something you do so you can try to be aware of it. I do it with clenching my teeth when things get stressful (in real life or in video games) and got yelled at by my dentist for it. Sometimes it's just a natural response that you need to notice the signs of and take a second to consciously deal with. Maybe try to be a little more intentional about your breathing when things get tense so you can focus on keeping that going and finding a little bit of calm to not tense up so much too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I do this too, and it's one of the reasons I avoid competitive multiplayer. I get too emotional.

Chiller games were I can put on my own chiller soundtrack, like Borderlands, have helped me a bit though.

Barudak posted:

They were absolutely trying to incentivize the online multiplayer as that paid out better iirc.

Dumb because they were really good at setting the weapon prices just right in the ratchet games.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I wish Destiny provoked as strong a reaction for me (and i really liked them)

Honestly man I'm no doctor but you just gotta detach yourself from the game and not got swept up in it. Don't get too good at this though or it'll ruin videogames!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

StoryTime posted:

Are they faces or heels?

Whoa does Vince let women wrestlers have personalities and storylines now?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Ciaphas posted:

This happens to me a lot as well. I freeze up and then suddenly my reactions will kick in and I overcompensate and end up shooting wildly. As silly as it sounds, conscientiously making myself remember to breathe helps me keep things under control.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 12, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I tense up when I jump off a tall building in a game (doesn't matter if it's first or third person) and point the camera at the ground as I'm falling.

I've never held my breath... but hey, I do tend to sway the controller from side to side, especially in a racing game. Yes, like a gamer.

EDIT: I do tense up more in multiplayer when I know it's actual people, because they are more unpredictable compared to AI opponents.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 12, 2021

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

I think everyone tenses up a bit. It might help to try and play fps games that don't make you tense up as hard and try to get used to it and then slowly build yourself up to the more frantic difficulty levels/games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I like jumping off buildings

in videogames

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ErrEff posted:

I tense up when I jump off a tall building in a game (doesn't matter if it's first or third person) and point the camera at the ground as I'm falling.

I've never held my breath... but hey, I do tend to sway the controller from side to side, especially in a racing game. Yes, like a gamer.

Same

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

gravity rush 2 is a good game for jumping off buildings. it even lets you do it in first person.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Saint Freak posted:

Whoa does Vince let women wrestlers have personalities and storylines now?

Sort of, instead of everyone having the default personality of bitch there are now three default personalities: badass, bitch and blonde

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the three Bs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Sort of, instead of everyone having the default personality of bitch there are now three default personalities: badass, bitch and blonde

Thank You Steph Anie Clap Clap CLAPCLAPCLAP

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Harrow posted:

That's a lot to accomplish in a day of gaming! :eyepop: I'm impressed!

Thank you! I had one of the most fun sessions yesterday because of it all :)

wuggles posted:

You can get a lot done when you don’t have to wait for the estus animation

Please do not reveal patented VG Dark Souls secrets.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How many man categories are there?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hatty posted:

How many man categories are there?
don't even get me started on types of guy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MH: Rise is mostly a worse game than MH: World so far but still pretty fun, in a way I respect the dev team's commitment to keeping the game obtuse and frustrating to figure out while nominally being "better" about it. Also lol that the tutorial interrupts itself to dump five pages of info you won't remember about an unrelated topic, before going back to the original topic and forgetting to tell you how to actually perform the action, repeatedly

In World my palico was modeled after my larger cat, in Rise I modeled it after my smaller one :3:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Guys can be loads of things like "Luchadors" and "From Japan" and if you're super lucky "Related to someone already in the business".

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Guys can be loads of things like "Luchadors" and "From Japan" and if you're super lucky "Related to someone already in the business".
also subtypes like "actually from japan" and "actually from samoa but we tell everyone he's from japan"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoFX6Cwgiow

That's all I know or care about wrestling contained in one cartridge

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can only think of:
Good natured himbo
Smug himbo
“Gamer”
Gamer
Badass
“Nice” guy
Normie

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

homeless snail posted:

also subtypes like "actually from japan" and "actually from samoa but we tell everyone he's from japan"

what about Samoa Joe, who isn’t from Samoa

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
from what I've seen, the male categories are: scary, wet, my nationality is my personality, and disrespected

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RBA Starblade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoFX6Cwgiow

That's all I know or care about wrestling contained in one cartridge

this game was dreadful

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the good wrestling games now are fire pro wrestling world for pc and ps4 and wrestling empire for switch and mobile. xbox doesn't get anything but maybe the aew game will be good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

from what I've seen, the male categories are: scary, wet, my nationality is my personality, and disrespected
what about all of the above
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHux1N6FUw

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Weedle posted:

the good wrestling games now are fire pro wrestling world for pc and ps4 and wrestling empire for switch and mobile. xbox doesn't get anything but maybe the aew game will be good

Hopefully the Yuke's AEW game is good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

Except that brief period on Saturday when all of them were wet

Weedle
May 31, 2006

kenny looks totally weird and disgusting in the aew teaser trailer. hopefully they just haven't finished the body hair renderer yet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Weedle posted:

kenny looks totally weird and disgusting in the aew teaser trailer. hopefully they just haven't finished the body hair renderer yet

Why is he wearing a leather man-suit

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Weedle posted:

The stuff they released was like pre-alpha footage and it very clearly looked unfinished, I have no idea why they thought showing it was a good idea.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is WWE still working with Saudi Arabi? Does Sami Zayn still exist? Has Vince made him apologize for being the wrong ethnicity yet?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Is WWE still working with Saudi Arabi? Does Sami Zayn still exist? Has Vince made him apologize for being the wrong ethnicity yet?

I think so

Yes, he was on Wrestlemania last night with Logan Paul

No but he's portrayed as a conspiracy-believing loon now

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think so

Yes, he was on Wrestlemania last night with Logan Paul

No but he's portrayed as a conspiracy-believing loon now

Yeah. Yeah, that sounds about right.