Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hi and welcome to "Weekends on the EU Servers"

Nothing but -2 matchmaking, and WEIRDLY even if I'm playing at literal unicum levels according to WN8, I can't carry games when my +2 teammates just poo poo the bed immediately.

E: Oh my god this loving "set fire to a tank and do 1500 damage" mission. Every time I manage to get a fire set in a medium, I get blasted to poo poo so quickly I can't do 1500 damage.

I really really REALLY don't like these RNG based missions. gently caress.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/jhcWlYr.mp4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They're bringing submarines to WoT now? loving Wargaming!

ALTERNATE JOKE:

I see at least someone is still playing World of Warplanes!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Okay, so where are the first day's "free stuff" rewards?

I've logged in twice now today and nothing either time.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so where are the first day's "free stuff" rewards?

I've logged in twice now today and nothing either time.

Play a battle and get 10 days of premium i heard.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Play a battle and get 10 days of premium i heard.

Nah, there are "missions" where the only conditions are to "log in" for the next ten days and should've started this morning: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/10-year-anniversary-na/#daily-rewards

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/hot-issues/34204/

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

:rolleyes:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oof, rough times on the EU servers. They've obviously sold a billion Bourrasques, because there's four or five on both teams in most games.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oof, rough times on the EU servers. They've obviously sold a billion Bourrasques, because there's four or five on both teams in most games.

Isn't that what you want, though? Bourrasques in the hands of bad players are pretty easy to kill.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

saintonan posted:

Isn't that what you want, though? Bourrasques in the hands of bad players are pretty easy to kill.

Yeah but some of the players are very good and I don't like that :( It was rough as hell trying to grind through the Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffenträger because the second I got spotted, it'd be a firing line of Bourrasques dumping on me.

Also I swear this game is out to get me. I had three 3000+ damage games in my Emil I tonight. All losses. Fourth game I got popped by a FV 4005 before I could fire a single shot. That game was a win. RIP my 5x XP.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Those very good players are almost always gonna be playing very good tanks though, especially t8 premiums. The others, though, are just damage pinatas since they've been told the Bourrasque is invincible.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

saintonan posted:

~*Just Ferdinand Things*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHFT2zmY0k

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 11, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Does the SU-101 get better?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Do you have the 440 alpha gun yet?

The SU-101 is a hit and run flanker, a different playstyle than the rest of that line. Pop in to midrange, blap distracted tanks, then run away.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

"Let's take out the ol' T34, at least it has some turret armor..."

:rolleyes:

"Hmm, I'm pretty sure I hit the floor of that 268-4...with APCR from the IS-7...." :thunk:

Are you loving kidding me? The entire floor is 20 mm...except for a magical 55 mm plate that was at an autobounce angle.... :jerkbag:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

saintonan posted:

Do you have the 440 alpha gun yet?

The SU-101 is a hit and run flanker, a different playstyle than the rest of that line. Pop in to midrange, blap distracted tanks, then run away.

Yeah, I am about 90k XP away from getting that gun. I am just working towards getting the 268 v4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCh1y_WipaE&t=59s

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now I kinda want to rebuy the T6 Japanese heavy.

https://i.imgur.com/m0LRUl4.mp4

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

:japan:

:hai:

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

US Foreign Policy posted:

So I've played this game for a bit over a month now and I'm having a hard time with any Tier 6 tanks because I'm playing this game 100% solo. This game feels like it would be way easier of you ever coordinated, but pubbies just assume everyone knows what to do/where to go and argues via map pings

Are any goon clans still active? Is there a better way?

I just bought my T92 HMC.

I've spent 0$ on this game.

US Foreign Policy fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 12, 2021

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

US Foreign Policy posted:

I just bought my T92 HMC.

I've spent 0$ on this game.

WOT will exact its price.

From your wallet or your soul.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cannon_Fodder posted:

WOT will exact its price.

From your wallet or your soul.

Or both :smith:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
my game crashed twice when i tried to play a couple days ago, pretty upset bout it, happening to anyone else?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am just so loving done with the idiots who play this game. Prokhorovka, pure T8 game. Everyone except one Primo Victoria and me in my Emil cram themselves in K1 and K2 and sit there. For the entire loving game. The Primo Victoria and I tried to contest the hill, but they had three arty. We had no chance.

Why the gently caress even play this game if your idea of "playing" is to cram yourself in K1, take your one shot at the enemy when they finally get bored and drive up to you, and then die?

Why the gently caress are these assholes so loving clueless, and why the gently caress do I have to play with them so often?

Why?

E: I died after about 6 or 7 minutes and I still had double the damage done compared to the next guy. Who was the Primo Victoria. And nobody else broke 500. In a T8 game.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 12, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

There are just as many idiots on the other team as yours, always remember that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

There are just as many idiots on the other team as yours, always remember that.

Yeah sometimes. But very frequently at least on the EU servers, one team will be red as Red Square on May 1, the other will be mostly yellow players with some greens and betters peppered in.

I hate the defeatist "we've lost before the game started" players, but sometimes it is hard to avoid that feeling when the matchmaker has placed all the decent and good players on one team, and you're the only one with a winrate better than 45% on the other.

But yes, of course it swings the other way around too.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

XVM should be banned.

Rebought the T-25 Czech tank, had a 20,000 xp game (after daily double and whatever 5x or 4x was running) but forgot to uncheck crew training -_-

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

BadLlama posted:

XVM should be banned.

Don't ban it, just make database reads unavailable in the game client.

There's a lot of stuff that xvm has done that's slowly making its way into the official client, and they really are innovators. Just make ratings stuff only visible in the garage.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Waffenträger auf Panzer IV -- which gun?

I assume the situation is still the same as with the Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffanträger, ie. if you want to snipe you get the top 128mm, if you want to peek around corners and blap, the 150mm?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Waffenträger auf Panzer IV -- which gun?

I assume the situation is still the same as with the Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffanträger, ie. if you want to snipe you get the top 128mm, if you want to peek around corners and blap, the 150mm?

I went for the "smaller" gun. I value accuracy, armor pen and DPM a lot and that gun has both. Also, 560 damage is nothing to turn your nose up to.

Stats comparison: https://tanks.gg/compare/wt-auf-pz-iv?l=1111230&t=wt-auf-pz-iv

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I played mine with the smaller gun as well, however, the boomstick is more usable than the boomstick on the T8.

Also, I hope that what WG is doing with the Czech heavies, giving them two gun options with both being usable but changing the gameplay pretty significantly, works out for them and we see more of the same for already existing tanks. They did it with the French heavies too and I always liked that but the option was more big gun no pen small gun with pen and that was it.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 12, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

I went for the "smaller" gun. I value accuracy, armor pen and DPM a lot and that gun has both. Also, 560 damage is nothing to turn your nose up to.

Stats comparison: https://tanks.gg/compare/wt-auf-pz-iv?l=1111230&t=wt-auf-pz-iv

Yeah I'm probably going with the small gun too, even it has somewhat questionable accuracy at range, so I don't want to deal with the 150mm's bullshit.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Getting the Obj 268 v4 is more of a headache than the loving Rinoceronte. Jesus Christ I can't win for poo poo in the Su101. Still trying to X3 and use up X5 bonuses getting the 122mm. But Its not fun not penning ANYTHING on this tank.

And from what I hear the Tier 9 Obj 263 is worse. :gonk:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think the T9 is better than the T10 now tier for tier but that is just my opinion.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I don't know who you're talking to, but the 263 is great.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

I don't know who you're talking to, but the 263 is great.

I have talked with a few people, and mainly the deal is the 130mm on a tier 9 at that level isnt really as good as say. The premium tanks I am used to. I may be making a mountain out of a molehill on this subject.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

Getting the Obj 268 v4 is more of a headache than the loving Rinoceronte.

Su-101 was definitely not my cup of tea. I played it as an aggressive TD. I would just charge in and start blasting people and hoped that they couldn't aim correctly. Or try to find a little dip somewhere on the battlefield where you can hide your lower plate and just fire on people when they get close enough.

263 is pretty dang good. Even with the beginning gun it was pretty decent.

268v4 worth it. Love it so much I wanna marry it.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have talked with a few people, and mainly the deal is the 130mm on a tier 9 at that level isnt really as good as say. The premium tanks I am used to. I may be making a mountain out of a molehill on this subject.

It's pretty nimble, has a good gun, and if you can get hull down there are only two small weakspots, everything else takes 330+ mm pen to get through. It's not a redline sniper, but from 200m on city maps it's a nightmare to fight head-on.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The SU-152 is the best russian TD in the entire tree though so just get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The trick with the 101 is to lob heat shells in a support role for a bit and then brawl once you have equal/better hitpoints than the remaining enemies. Don't do the reverse because you don't have the view range for late game heroics.