Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

flatluigi posted:

even odds that they argue edge pinned bryan first and they push the angle to backlash - or worse, summerslam
lol it's apparently "Wrestlemania Backlash" now. Eh, why not.

e: yup https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_Backlash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Viewer discretion is advised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcJaJy7fjY

Note: this was also the big reveal for Cody's horrible neck tattoo

"Look, I'm a little worried about the reaction to my new tattoo, I need people to be a little distracted until they get used to it, can you just..."

"Sing the whole song way off key? No problem, boss!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And here we thought we were joking about month long Wrestlemanias :negative:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

Brutality is still worse than that

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

:doh: I was searching it with WWE.

I know I watched this live but no recollection. poo poo this is bad. I think Rheas' is worse. I can at least understand the singer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Heh my group chat for this show was like

This is terrible
Are these guys a real band
Turn up/turn down their mics
OH gently caress WHAT IS ON HIS NECK
THAT TATTOO IS WORSE THAN DOWNSTAIT

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Minidust posted:

"Wrestlemania Backlash"

3 hour livestream of the international network account cancellations inbox filling up with PIP of Vince laughing at an NBC executive sitting under a peacock logo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I guess it's not an entrance so it's questionable if it'd count but DX band doing the anthem is up there.

Please tell me someone has a link to this video. I’ve never seen it and I think it was cut out of everything after the live broadcast.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Please tell me someone has a link to this video. I’ve never seen it and I think it was cut out of everything after the live broadcast.

The only video copy I’ve ever seen other than seeing it live is recorded off someone’s tv with the worst quality sound possible and doesn’t do the incredibly lovely performance justice.

https://youtu.be/8IK4tnkN-LM

This is a clean audio only version and you can just picture what they’re doing as you listen in horror, it’s very easy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is the whole audio (without video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IK4tnkN-LM

Here's part of the performance
https://twitter.com/ovppodcast/status/1242217057132806144?s=19

It's so much worse than I remember

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they only sounded like that because they were tired of doing what you told them to do

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I made it as far as “Oh say can you see” and I’m already in tears, holy poo poo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I made it as far as “Oh say can you see” and I’m already in tears, holy poo poo.

The "Amerikuhhh....AMERIKUHHHHHHHHHH" lmfao

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

wrestling is about Big Moments

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

hack de la rocha

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I can only listen to ten seconds at a time, this is the greatest thing, thank you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

how this wasn't his heel turn is beyond me

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Joey McChrist posted:

hack de la rocha

lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonna tell my kids that the drummer is a young Luther.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just googled Chris Warren to see if he ever turned his life around from being a bad Zack de la Rocha impersonator and it turns out he died a few years ago :smith:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It should be OK that both Rhea's band and DX Band sucked because they were associated with heels, therefore HEAT, but Rhea's band was just soooo baaaad

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She would kinda start singing then she would go back to yelling the word brutality over and over. Weird decision.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
was it all just the same verse repeated or did it just feel that way

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it's a bad song in general

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I totally forgot about Baron Corbin's stringy rear end hair and sad belly. Holy poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sigma posted:

The end of the Michael Cole Era is near

isn't Cole on Smackdown, not RAW

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

how this wasn't his heel turn is beyond me

It wasn’t?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

isn't Cole on Smackdown, not RAW

Yeah, what happened with Todd Phillips?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Joey McChrist posted:

hack de la rocha

lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jiro posted:

I'm listening to some of the free stuff WON posted on youtube and I guess it's COVID Protocol related

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

So do they play along tonight with it being the Raw after Mania and it’s the one night a year where the pipped in crowd cheers the heels and boos the faces?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think they're going back to the Guess Who? Thunderdome Experience

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

yeah this is an underdog for worst live performance but it was loving awful

mixing of course sucked, they did a custom wrestlemania rap no one gave a poo poo about, the only audible lyrics were "whos gonna win? whos gonna lose?", and gorilla and jesse buried it immediately after it ended

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm listening to some of the free stuff WON posted on youtube and I guess it's COVID Protocol related

If I had to guess it probably has to do with how he has to spread his legs to make himself look shorter. Puts him more in direct line with people's mouths.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gonna tell my kids that the drummer is a young Luther.

This Japanese Death Match Legend is at the Wrong Gig

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

motherbox posted:

Second night was mostly garbage (particularly compared to the first, where every match other than Braun/Shane and the Women's Tag Team mess was very good), but I guess I'm not getting the hate for the main event, which was honestly pretty enjoyable? Maybe it would have been better to let Sasha and Bianca headline night two so that night two wasn't a series of heel wins and we could have gone home on the happy, feel-good moment, but Roman as a dominant heel has been good and Smackdown has a lot of rising faces to take a run at him (Cesaro and Big E both seem well-positioned, and they finally seem to notice that Cesaro actually exists, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up). In hindsight, the decision to put Bryan in the match is kind of a confusing one if you don't want him to win or eat the pin so Roman can lose the title without being pinned, but it makes sense if they wanted to hedge against Edge not being able to carry a full main event match on his own or if they just decided the three had good chemistry and wanted some variety on a card that was almost entirely singles matches. If they had stuck it on Edge it probably would have been in limbo until Summerslam and putting it on Bryan would have let him face...I dunno, Rollins? Him and Zayn would be fun I guess.

In terms of why people didn't like the main event, I feel like you have to ask what the goal of a wrestling match is. You're either providing the catharsis of giving the audience what they want, you're advancing a storyline that will one day lead to that catharsis, you're investing in a wrestler who needs help getting over, or you're providing an impressive, singular spectacle.

The bad guy won, so there's no catharsis, the storyline of Roman winning through Jey and cheating and being the tribal chief and etc. has been told for like half a year already so it didn't really advance anything, Roman is quite possibly the wrestler they've invested the most energy in getting over in history so it didn't provide any new momentum for the audience to find interesting, and as a singular spectacle it was fine, but nothing enormously special. Combine that with how much most of the audience would've loved to see Edge or Bryan win, and this being the main event of goddamn Wrestlemania, which SHOULD be the biggest moment of catharsis for the WWE, and I don't think it's crazy for people to feel pretty let down.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

maybe there will be no actual call-ups and we'll just get a soft sequel reboot of retribution and keith lee

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

What is Keith Lee's retribution name

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Soup Bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jiro posted:

imagine okada doing the 2 0 5 but to phillips and not the gross pedo rapist