Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HerraS posted:

the wider public doesnt know who the gently caress adam cole is lmao

Pylons posted:

I am losing my poo poo at this

RealFoxy posted:

I have no sympathy for Hunter but I wonder what it's like to work your whole life to be the successor of the biggest wrestling company in the world, lose to a billionaire EWR booker, then have everything immediately taken away from you. This is some real Game of Thrones poo poo, all we're missing is Stephanie divorcing him and taking the kids while Hunter tries to rebuild the NWA with fellow loser Billy Corgan.

Karma Tornado posted:

1glitch0 posted:

Drakkel posted:

Also: It isn't even the second version of NXT!!!!!

Fourth? Fifth?
the minor fall, the major lift, the king of kings asks if he's going over

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1450213965070360576

The Needle Mover couldn't beat out The Bunny in his segment, truly hate to see it

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's called AEW. Some of the best loving wrestlers on the planet are in that company, craving action. You want to watch wrestling? AEW's got you covered. You want to see a dude wrestling a dinosaur? AEW.

Lamuella posted:

"I'm off to represent the entire Nightmare Family at the buffet."

MorningMoon posted:

I thought of how to make it look a lot nicer but I'm scared of it getting announced while I'm in the middle of editing

projecthalaxy posted:

lol that they think they will be allowed to leave

JUNGLE BOY posted:

"everything is business as usual and there will be no further changes. we're as strong a family as ever. so strong that the AEW roster is resigning by the hundreds to come and join our family."

Duke Pukem posted:

The Virgin Stone Cold vs the Chad Frost

That DICK! posted:

another pathetic hit attempt by AEW via their connections with Robocop

That DICK! posted:

and now in front of the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of THE ROCKS FANS

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

News: WrestleMania Night 2 was bad
Views: WWF is bad

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I dont watch WWE, was this good for anyone who does? Does this open up some sort of booking I dont see that makes sense? Like i thought this was absolute dogshit but Im curious if that’s because I’m not a fan so I dont understand X

what the gently caress is X?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
it WAS a box-like structure tho :(

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Box-like structure is an all-time great Vince-ism.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 12, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Tweak posted:

I dont watch WWE, was this good for anyone who does? Does this open up some sort of booking I dont see that makes sense? Like i thought this was absolute dogshit but Im curious if that’s because I’m not a fan so I dont understand X

as someone who's watched every loving episode of raw and smackdown for the past 18 months

it's bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that bothers my eyes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
only one match that whole night was both good and had the right winner: sheamus vs riddle.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tweak posted:

I mean I guess it could be fun if they do a dusty finish where Edge wins the title because Reigns was a dumbass but I don't expect that.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Anyone got that picture of riddle crying with the bloody mouth?

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!
Can someone post Night 2 results so I don't have to parse the GDT? I know Night 1 had some decent to great matches, was there anything redeeming in N2?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So tonight, heels won every single match except for Sami/KO.

And heels now hold almost every single title in WWE outside of the NXT Tag Titles (held by MSK) and the SD Women's Title (Bianca Belair). It's like WWE waited for this exact moment to gently caress every babyface over. They must have been going through massive heat withdrawals.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tweak posted:

Night 1 was pretty good and did deliver I would say. It's lows were that bad and most matches were at passable.

Night 2 was not good and was bad from start to finish.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

also lol Bray Wyatt has had five big moments in seven years resulting in major Mania matches with fans in attendance (half of them involving Orton even) and won none of them

Cena Mania 30
Taker Mania 31
Dwayne Mania 32
Orton Mania 33
Orton Mania 37

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
There was no way Edge was gonna win though, they wouldn't be able to build a program around a champion that might fall apart with every bump

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Wow, there was a "gently caress Hulk Hogan" chant during the muted crowd mics per Alvarez

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
According to Bryan Alvarez right now in Bryan and Vinny: Crowd was not only booing the gently caress out of Hogan, but also having "gently caress Hogan" chants.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
christ that red is literally painful to look at

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Blaise330 posted:

Anyone got that picture of riddle crying with the bloody mouth?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lazy like a Fox posted:

Can someone post Night 2 results so I don't have to parse the GDT? I know Night 1 had some decent to great matches, was there anything redeeming in N2?

owens v. zayn was cool but way, way too short.
sheamus vs riddle was fun, hard-hitting stuff.

everything else was real, real bad.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
As someone who watches WWE only once every few months, I feel like I had a goddamn seizure watching that camera work. Beyond the contempt for the audience and the constant strobe lights, the camera cuts and zooms make this poo poo genuinely unwatchable.

Anyways lol at the finish

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Seams posted:

owens v. zayn was cool but way, way too short.
sheamus vs riddle was fun, hard-hitting stuff.

everything else was real, real bad.

Only saw the last 2 matches. Asuka/Rhea was p.good for the most part.
Main event was actually pretty fun then that amazingly stupid finish.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lazy like a Fox posted:

Orton beats Fiend via distraction from Alexa impersonating Carrie
Nia and Shayna retain tag titles over Natalya and Tamina; Tamina botches a hot tag
Kevin Owens beats Sami Zayn, then stunners Logan Paul
Sheamus wins US title over Riddle, kicks his teeth out
Apollo Crews wins IC title over Big E after interference from Dabba Kato
Rhea Ripley wins Raw women's title over Asuka
Roman Reigns retains Universal title, pinning Edge and Bryan at same time

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mjeff posted:

lol we're giving Roman credit for the show moving out of a loving closet and into the Thunderdome now? Wow.

When the segments get broken down a number of people seem to tune in when he's on and tune out when he's not. This is a low praise, lol I'm not trying to tell you not to hate the guy if you're so inclined.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Professor Funk posted:

So Roman has killed everyone. Who is next? Are they going to bring Balor back up?

karrion kross lmao

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Night one felt like "hey, this is a company that can put it together and respects that they have some world-class talents"

Night two was a reminder of reality.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for making the op edit the op. please un-edit it if you would like to, at all

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i made him and im not sorry. deal w/ it i have a headache from it lmao

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry for making the op edit the op. please un-edit it if you would like to, at all

nah, it's an eyesore and I, like the wwf, have no artistic vision.

MotU posted:

i made him and im not sorry. deal w/ it i have a headache from it lmao

and yeah, fair.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I guess CMLL can breathe a bit easier that it's only gonna win second place in worse promotion voting

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the main event was a decent wwe triple threat but the ending made me hate it. the action prior wasnt good enough to make me like it.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Roman heel turn is legitimately better than 99% of Smackdown, you have Paul Heyman as manager for Christ's sake, and Jey Uso who is a good performer as an enforcer

This is an indictment of the product as a whole

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

was this better worse or the same as the botched exploding deathmatch ending

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

So tonight, heels won every single match except for Sami/KO.

And heels now hold almost every single title in WWE outside of the NXT Tag Titles (held by MSK) and the SD Women's Title (Bianca Belair). It's like WWE waited for this exact moment to gently caress every babyface over. They must have been going through massive heat withdrawals.

I can see it being some kind of misguided hook on having all these villains win, how will our heroes come back and win, but they never loving build up any dedicated faces and it's almost always 50/50 booking.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wait a second, the wwe is bad?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Shoenin posted:

Only saw the last 2 matches. Asuka/Rhea was p.good for the most part.
Main event was actually pretty fun then that amazingly stupid finish.

I wouldn't even say Rhea/Asuka was even remotely good. Rhea's offense looked terrible and she got gassed pretty quickly. Not saying Asuka looked like a world class athlete out there, but she looked lightyears ahead of Rhea there.

Like the Rhea/Asuka and Bianca/Sasha matches are an almost perfect case of duality when it comes to quality.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

nah, it's an eyesore and I, like the wwf, have no artistic vision.

and yeah, fair.

thumbnail is fine doesnt bother like the full screen and idk why that is??? eyes are weird

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Tweak posted:

was this better worse or the same as the botched exploding deathmatch ending

i mean

this was the intended result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Can we kill the Fiend gimmick already?