Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I did another quick high physical run beelining to the end without inspecting the body at all, never clicked on it, and also brought Cuno to the island, killer performance :unsmith: but I didn't get the "solve the murder without looking at the body" achievement :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I think there's a dialogue option during the ending where you have to respond to comments about your smell by saying you didn't touch any corpses, if that helps at all?

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Hirsute posted:

Yeah it fixed the major bugs that I was experiencing and seems to have improved the load times as well! I was finally able to actually finish the game, which wasn't happening before

Well I was able to finish the game and the bugged quests, but just now I was replaying the last bit and the game crashed (for the 1st time since the last patch actually). When I restarted, I got a message saying my save was corrupted, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of my saves is gone now. Jesus christ....

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Ripley posted:

I think there's a dialogue option during the ending where you have to respond to comments about your smell by saying you didn't touch any corpses, if that helps at all?

I didn't get anything like that. Oh well :shrug:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yikes, I don't think I fared too well during the tribunal. Only two of the Hardies left alive, and I got shot a couple of times. I mostly feel bad for missing with the spirit bomb though, feel like that would've been pretty metal. Do my chances improve on any of that if I'm holding my gun?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

On day 3 of my motorics rerun, and Evrart doesn't feel as corrupt as I remember him. He doesn't request anything that Joyce wouldn't, he's just completely open about it while Joyce tries to hide how blatantly she is swaying the investigation.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

Hey so quick question, with DE banned in Australia, can I:

A) Deal with it, buy it on steam and play it on my Couch with a PS controller (if possible)
B) Wait for them to make changes and resubmit to the government and then buy on the PS store

It basically boils down to me wanting to sit on my couch.

Hey man, I got around the ban by making a US Playstation Store account and buying a gift card online. Playing on my PS4 in Australia with no issues so far. Look up a YouTube guide if you get stuck.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Yikes, I don't think I fared too well during the tribunal. Only two of the Hardies left alive, and I got shot a couple of times. I mostly feel bad for missing with the spirit bomb though, feel like that would've been pretty metal. Do my chances improve on any of that if I'm holding my gun?

the spirit bomb is iirc a hand-eye 10 check, using your gun is actually harder at 12

you always get shot at least once, the last reaction speed 20 check is rigged so you always fail even if you somehow get a 20 or double sixes, and there's some minimum number of Hardies that die, 2 or 3

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Been mostly glossing this thread trying to avoid spoilers, but since it looks like the patch fixed the broad experience, can someone let me know how to work around the busted stuff that’s apparently still present later on? I’m early yet, but really don’t want to wait to keep going.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

anyone else getting a soft lock during the final quest in the church? the one where soona has you make egghead plug in the jack. she turns it on and it pans up to the ceiling but won't progress forward after that

edit: nvm, someone answered this on literally the last page

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Another patch just dropped on PS4

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Simone Magus posted:

Another patch just dropped on PS4

dope whats in it?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Ideally a fix for the above soft lock

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Finished the game despite two corrupted saves and a million crashes and it was worth it.

This game is a work of art that should be studied in every college. There are so many ways to express your personality in the protagonist and every character feels fleshed out.

With a truly unique setting, strong voice acting and exceptional humour anyone on the fence should buy it but wait for 2 -3 weeks until they patch some of the broken quests and autosave.

As someone who got blackout drunk in a strange location and woke up with no footwear this game really connected with me on a personal level.

I still have not found my sentient necktie.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

they'll sell Kim's jacket and displate art but where is the drat necktie in the shop ZA/UM

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

dope whats in it?

It seems to have solved every progression bug I was dealing with on PS5 at least, so barring anything new popping up as I head to the island it seems like it should be safe to start a new playthrough now

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If they finally fixed the sandcastle then it should be actually possible to get the platinum now.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

If they finally fixed the sandcastle then it should be actually possible to get the platinum now.

I was replaying the end from a save I made because they did fix that bug and I wanted the trophy for acquiring the full set of armor, but the game crashed and deleted all my saves before I was able to :(

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
They did fix the sandcastle, I literally saved last night because I could highlight the sandcastle but not select it, then I saw that the patch came out this morning and I could select it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

Has anyone figured out how to get the Palerunner trophy on PS4?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

that achievement isn't from any in-game thing, it's from bugging out the game's pathfinding so it teleports you to the nearest in-bounds spot. I used this method in the original version, idk if they fixed it in final cut (probably not)

e: oh or maybe you mean it's fixed on ps4 and need another method, in which case, idk

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This sorta mirrors my playthroughs.

And have some fanart

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 13, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RandolphCarter posted:

I got it, using the methods mentioned in steam guides. I'm at 67% now, missing the vision quests and a couple other things - it is hard to be a boring cop.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

If I have a meeting with the young Communards at 22:00 but Evart also set up a meeting with the Pigs at the same time, and I hosed or can I still get to both?

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Proletarian Mango posted:

If I have a meeting with the young Communards at 22:00 but Evart also set up a meeting with the Pigs at the same time, and I hosed or can I still get to both?

The meeting with the Pigs can happen anytime between 22:00 and 02:00. I had the second Communards meeting and the Pigs meeting on the same evening, and I managed to get to the Pigs meeting a little before midnight and it was fine.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Hell yeah they fixed the thoughts menu on PS5 and it’s actually a somewhat functional menu now. It’s actually insane how hosed up it was before.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Well I guess I should've read up on how to trigger the vision quests earlier, because apparently I completely missed out on all of them. I'll have to keep a Thought Cabinet slot open next time, I suppose.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Good lord the communism vision quest is funny. And unsurprisingly, a beautifully hopeful ending.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Proletarian Mango posted:

I would go for the Pigs first then the other. When I had both at the same time but did the Communards meeting it ran until almost 2:00 and I couldn't get the Pigs to spawn. That said I don't believe there is a time limit for either so you could do one, wait until 22:00 the next day and do the other.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
1.4 already out on Playstation.

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 13, 2021

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

F4rt5 posted:

Nobody cares, but this game actually got uncomfortable on my previous playthrough, as a guy in his early 40's, a do-gooder at his core, but corrupted by the pressures of relationship and Id and a desired fondness of the recklessness of drinking and the occasional line etc

Same - I think I already said so in the original thread, but while I was running through the game the first time around I happened to be in the middle of/aftermath of a *really* bad breakup (and self-medicating with booze to numb it down) so many parts of the game hit especially hard, the Dolores dream in particular.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kim’s equivalent to Harry’s thought cabinet is his notebook and he focused on Volition

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

patches seem to have fixed all the major progression bugs, only issues I’m having now are crashes during loading screens every few hours or so, no consistent locations though and the load screens are much faster (PS4 Pro) so just regularly manual saving more or less covers it

maybe they can expand the auto saving, it happens way too infrequently. i didn’t play the original so idk if that’s a bug or if the auto saving was always that brutal

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there no solution to the Ultralib vision quest if you already talked to Container man before? I cant access the location anymore and it seems im not alone looking at the steam forums, nobody has a solution and it feels like a half baked / broken thing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's really amazing that a game where you play as an alcoholic drug addict piece of poo poo cop is one of the most positive and heartwarming games of all time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pwnstar posted:

It's really amazing that a game where you play as an alcoholic drug addict piece of poo poo cop is one of the most positive and heartwarming games of all time.

The Vice review says that this game was too afraid of sincerity to have depth, but I think exactly the opposite is true. For how often it tears into Harry, it works and doesn't come off as especially mean-spirited because it has sincerity at its core. The writers clearly have a deep love and affection for the world and the characters in it and especially with Harry. So you laugh when he trips over a woman in a wheelchair but you also feel a sense of warmth and joy when the phasmid proclaims that Harry is the miracle. And whether that's truly the phasmid saying it or just Harry's IE subconscious projecting it so that he can hear something tell him that he's not a worthless fuckup it's still a victory that feels earned

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Im almost finishing my third playtrough.

Any tips for gimmick builds? supercop? the drunkest rear end in a top hat ever?

Also for the life of me i cant get Harry to forget his ex. What im doing wrong. I just want my man to let it go.

Also as a drunk myself the moment Harry loses the expresion and shaves himself. gently caress me that was powerful.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
cop with Beard and expression - hoo boy

cop no beard no expression - just depressing

cop with beard no expression - "ideal" I suppose?

cop no beard with expression - absolutely deranged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I ended up with no beard and The Expression and I dont regret it one bit. :colbert: