Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Red Baron posted:

can’t wait to hear about this one

we getting a school shooter/police murder innocent black people crossover event?

nah. the issue is a little more complex in this specific situation. we're having a flare-up of what appears to be gang-related violence. numerous high schoolers dead. the police department has zero control over the situation and appears to have little intention to do so. the general info on what happened with the information right now is that someone was carrying with the intent to do... whatever you do in a school with a gun... they were approached, shots were fired. one person is dead, not positive if that was the person with the gun or the person the bullet was intended for. the ATF and TBI are here so there's a solid chance that the officer probably ended up firing the shot that killed whoever got killed.

it's a hosed situation and considering that four days ago our Gov passed Constitutional Carry (no permit / background needed for 21+) -- i'm really happy he offered his thoughts and prayers. along with Blackburn who said she's "heartbroken" which... phantom limb syndrome, i guess.

i know it's easy to pin POC shootings as "oh this is obviously gang violence" but there's some serious poo poo going down in and around the A-E community that's starting to pop up in North Knoxville and, more recently, South Knoxville. but, again: the police are doing very little in terms of any effort to look into it. to the point where for... i want to say the last time this happened a month or two ago... they were pretty much running on tips that never came in.

it's a trash situation. the city's mayor was more interested in riding around in purchased surplus military equipment when she was elected than really putting any effort into communities of disparity. our richest resident, Randy Boyd, is a piece of poo poo that's trying the common con of building a baseball stadium no one wants downtown -- with the bill mostly going to the city -- in an effort to gentrify the area/drive out the homeless/raise rent in the area/suction business from the downtown area to presumably buy up the husk of what's left. and the mayor of the county is loving Kane from WWE -- but he was mostly elected by the West end of the county where the average family income per household sits around $125-170k.

but hey. we hosted the World's Fair one time. to do that, we had to essentially divert Second Creek (which went through the fair site) into concrete culverts below ground -- so the creek runs under the site. which is cool, whatever, Second Creek has unreal levels of sediment and E. Coli contamination so you can't put your feet in it. anyway, then we spent money to build an artificial creek on top of the real creek that we buried and even that fake creek has a no wading sign.

billy the kid did once probably get a hummer in a brothel on Jackson Ave though so that's pretty cool.

i'm the most bitter member of the historic society here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

My partner and myself are probably going to have to live a week with my parents before closing on our house and now “how do I handle a red pilled family member” is in my google search history.

I genuinely don’t know how to handle my mother, yesterday she talked about how she wants to replace all the pillows with MyPillows and that Biden needs to be executed by the military.

Also really going to enjoy being constantly misgendered/deadnamed for a week.

tm7pr I guess

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

gyna

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ball Tazeman posted:

I genuinely don’t know how to handle my mother, yesterday she talked about how she wants to replace all the pillows with MyPillows and that Biden needs to be executed by the military.

buy her an account

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Ball Tazeman posted:

My partner and myself are probably going to have to live a week with my parents before closing on our house and now “how do I handle a red pilled family member” is in my google search history.

tm7pr I guess

Sounds awesome

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

BAE OF PIGS posted:

This country loving sucks.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Joementum posted:

buy her an account

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Ball Tazeman posted:

tm7pr I guess

percocets in the metamucil

for everyone involved

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
the gently caress is so meta about it anyway

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1381725539346612227

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

he has waht looks like a recipe cut into a wooden slab from the mercer family titled "Mercer Family Favorites"

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
america is healing

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

sinnesloeschen posted:

the gently caress is so meta about it anyway

sounds like you wouldn't be so angry if you worked on your fiber intake

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Do they run away from you instinctively?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ball Tazeman posted:

tm7pr I guess

install a firewall on her computer and block OANN on her tv op

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ball Tazeman posted:

Eh, maybe you can meet her halfway on the Biden thing.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

I barely know how to play chess but I think that is not checkmate

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

I barely know how to play chess but I think that is not checkmate

i think he confused the king and queen pieces, but also the bottom of the pic cuts off a row

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

in many ways, chess pieces are like tiny dolls

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

cumshitter posted:

i think he confused the king and queen pieces

i think he confused some of the pieces with the dried pineapple

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Shitpostradomus posted:

nah. the issue is a little more complex in this specific situation. we're having a flare-up of what appears to be gang-related violence. numerous high schoolers dead. the police department has zero control over the situation and appears to have little intention to do so. the general info on what happened with the information right now is that someone was carrying with the intent to do... whatever you do in a school with a gun... they were approached, shots were fired. one person is dead, not positive if that was the person with the gun or the person the bullet was intended for. the ATF and TBI are here so there's a solid chance that the officer probably ended up firing the shot that killed whoever got killed.

it's a hosed situation and considering that four days ago our Gov passed Constitutional Carry (no permit / background needed for 21+) -- i'm really happy he offered his thoughts and prayers. along with Blackburn who said she's "heartbroken" which... phantom limb syndrome, i guess.

i know it's easy to pin POC shootings as "oh this is obviously gang violence" but there's some serious poo poo going down in and around the A-E community that's starting to pop up in North Knoxville and, more recently, South Knoxville. but, again: the police are doing very little in terms of any effort to look into it. to the point where for... i want to say the last time this happened a month or two ago... they were pretty much running on tips that never came in.

it's a trash situation. the city's mayor was more interested in riding around in purchased surplus military equipment when she was elected than really putting any effort into communities of disparity. our richest resident, Randy Boyd, is a piece of poo poo that's trying the common con of building a baseball stadium no one wants downtown -- with the bill mostly going to the city -- in an effort to gentrify the area/drive out the homeless/raise rent in the area/suction business from the downtown area to presumably buy up the husk of what's left. and the mayor of the county is loving Kane from WWE -- but he was mostly elected by the West end of the county where the average family income per household sits around $125-170k.

but hey. we hosted the World's Fair one time. to do that, we had to essentially divert Second Creek (which went through the fair site) into concrete culverts below ground -- so the creek runs under the site. which is cool, whatever, Second Creek has unreal levels of sediment and E. Coli contamination so you can't put your feet in it. anyway, then we spent money to build an artificial creek on top of the real creek that we buried and even that fake creek has a no wading sign.

billy the kid did once probably get a hummer in a brothel on Jackson Ave though so that's pretty cool.

i'm the most bitter member of the historic society here.

One time i went to knoxville. It was a very pedestrian-hostile city but the holiday inn was quite nice. I walked across a bridge and bought some smokes

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

WVLT is our CBS station here. them and WATE (ABC) are essentially Eric and Don Jr with our NBC station being whichever Trump kid isn't a total fuckup.

WVLT once ran a caption about "Father shoots sun in dispute."

WATE still posts Facebook posts about parties where kids all bring pills from their parents' cabinets and then they mix it up and eat it / stories to look out for drug dealers that somehow figure it's a good idea to waste a 300mg THC nerds rope by giving them to Trick-or-Treaters.

it's a town i'll probably die in but jesus christ it's a daily task to make any kind of forward motion here.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/zizek_alt/status/1381483410502287364

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

lol every article about how to handle broke brained family relies on you having “patience” and “understanding” lmbo gently caress that she thinks my friends are abominations and poor people should just die. I’m not being understanding about poo poo.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

I’m very angry about the world today I need some more of Gaetz digging his hole deeper to cheer me up

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ball Tazeman posted:

lol every article about how to handle broke brained family relies on you having “patience” and “understanding” lmbo gently caress that she thinks my friends are abominations and poor people should just die. I’m not being understanding about poo poo.

have you considered spending the week sleeping in the car. i mean it's just a week, you'll probably live

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

DryGoods posted:

holy poo poo

I am 100% going to suggest to my wife that she make a doll chess set, you are responsible

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hatebag posted:

One time i went to knoxville. It was a very pedestrian-hostile city but the holiday inn was quite nice. I walked across a bridge and bought some smokes

Knoxville has a pleasant little bougie main st downtown area with a couple blocks that are fine for walking around

there's a pretty good restaurant there that's gimmick is it's a burger joint but they have something like 200 kinds of whiskey available

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Ball Tazeman posted:

Yeah the appropriate response is to :sever: and let them wallow in the depths of madness alone.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

have you considered spending the week sleeping in the car. i mean it's just a week, you'll probably live

Ball Tazeman, ramp your car through your mom's living room

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

holy poo poo

I am 100% going to suggest to my wife that she make a doll chess set, you are responsible

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah you should probably just chill in a dive motel for a week

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

*eats dried fruit*

checkmate, libs :smuggo:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DryGoods posted:

that's why real men play warhammer forty thousand instead

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

DryGoods posted:

Ball Tazeman, ramp your car through your mom's living room

hell yeah gently caress yeah

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I had a very good baklava at a gas station in station in knoxville

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Bidens' younger dog Major is leaving the White House again, this time for extra schooling in how to not bite people.

Michael LaRosa, a spokesman for First Lady Jill Biden, said Major would "undergo some additional training to help him adjust to life in the White House."

"The off-site, private training will take place in the Washington, DC area, and it is expected to last a few weeks," LaRosa said.

In March, he was briefly sent back to the Biden family home in Delaware after at least one biting incident.

Although the dog already received some remedial training, that does not appear to have done the trick.

But while Major goes off to school, his geriatric fellow German Shepherd companion Champ will stay with his masters.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Joementum posted:

buy her an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

The Bidens' younger dog Major is leaving the White House again, this time for extra schooling in how to not bite people.

Michael LaRosa, a spokesman for First Lady Jill Biden, said Major would "undergo some additional training to help him adjust to life in the White House."

"The off-site, private training will take place in the Washington, DC area, and it is expected to last a few weeks," LaRosa said.

In March, he was briefly sent back to the Biden family home in Delaware after at least one biting incident.

Although the dog already received some remedial training, that does not appear to have done the trick.

But while Major goes off to school, his geriatric fellow German Shepherd companion Champ will stay with his masters.

someone's going to make a fuckin' mint suing the WH after the Bidens insist on bringing him back again after already biting several people