Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

As a big Twin Peaks fan I have watched a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff, and Dana Ashbrook always seemed like a good dude. He brought a really interesting energy to the character, too. Kudos on the cute wife, Dana.

On the subject of toys, after being outbid on MOTU Classics Adora about 8 times, I finally got an "or best offer" seller to accept a relatively reasonable deal ($65 before taxes/shipping, still below $80 after all that) so that's basically the last of the Classics She-Ra's for my collection. I will most likely stop there as I'm really sticking to a single-character collection, but if I ever wanted to branch out I would probably look for Hordak and his various weird minions before I would go for more Princess of Power characters. ...And if I win the lottery or something, Swiftwind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

As a big Twin Peaks fan I have watched a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff, and Dana Ashbrook always seemed like a good dude. He brought a really interesting energy to the character, too. Kudos on the cute wife, Dana.

Don't get me wrong, I like him too. I really liked how Bobby went from being a jock bully rear end in a top hat as a teenager to discovering some empathy along the way, and eventually becoming a deputy sheriff and an honorable man as an adult. I'm all about the redemption arcs, and good for both of them for finding each other in real life. (She is really drat cute.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I'm not sure what her ethnicity has to do with the action figure looking like a Portland scenester.

Though, that said, I would totally pick the figure up at a discount to use the head for an MJ to match Spider-Punk.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Whenever I see the name Dana Ashbrook, I immediately think it's his sister, Daphne Ashbrook.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

Got my Hot Toys Mando out of its box. Sixth scale ice cream maker!

CheshireCat fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 11, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mine is still stuck in customs. Apparently the store's whole Sideshow shipment has been there forever.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Jesus gently caress, hasbro is delaying the zartan release again. Got an email saying may now.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If I want the Hot Toys "Rescue" armor figure that's coming out in a few months, I should probably pre-order it, right? Where's my best bet for preordering it and getting the best price? Sideshow?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

If I want the Hot Toys "Rescue" armor figure that's coming out in a few months, I should probably pre-order it, right? Where's my best bet for preordering it and getting the best price? Sideshow?

BBTS might be a touch cheaper because of their flat rate shipping.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

poo poo, I didn't think about that. Then again I also don't get a payment plan if I go through BBTS...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if this is life changing or not, but I saw this on twitter and had to share it for the he man collectors.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/skeletor-terror-claws

Didn't know this kinda poo poo existed until this morning, so now you guys know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody scale those up to life size.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's what I thought they were for, some weird hosed up skeletor cosplay I'd never heard of, but I was wondering why the handles looked so odd.

Then I read the description and was like "Oooohhh".

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s a small cottage industry of people scanning or recreating vintage toys and parts with 3D modeling for printing and it’s awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are guys doing 3D prints but the best MOTU replica maker makes nearly indistinguishable copies via injection molding. Barbarossa Customs on Ebay.

Edit: Also realized I didn't own the original Classics Skeletor so I picked up one of those. 132 MOTUC to go.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 12, 2021

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
OK so I got my first Mythic Legions and am overall happy with them but now I want more so I have a lot on pre-order.

I got the all stars 4 which I'm happy about because I like the mixture. Not really so interested in most of the upcoming waves with the demons, vampires, or woodland creatures but do like the skeletons, goblins, and knights as well as various other pieces. So it begins!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody interested in any of these figures? Doing some spring cleaning + putting up my new display case and want to get rid of older figures or ones replaced by newer versions. If not I'll probably just bring them to a local shop for store credit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

OK so I got my first Mythic Legions and am overall happy with them but now I want more so I have a lot on pre-order.

I got the all stars 4 which I'm happy about because I like the mixture. Not really so interested in most of the upcoming waves with the demons, vampires, or woodland creatures but do like the skeletons, goblins, and knights as well as various other pieces. So it begins!

Skeletons are pretty much where I settled on this line. After going whole hog into the second Kickstarter I realized I really only want the skellies and a few of the knights. So now I've got trolls/vampires I need to unload whenever toy shows are a thing again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Toy shows are back, there is one in Toledo this weekend and in Chicagoland in 2 weeks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Toy shows are back, there is one in Toledo this weekend and in Chicagoland in 2 weeks.

The Kane Co show was on in October too, which seemed a really bad idea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In some places (Florida) shows never stopped.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Best ideas for moving Detolfs? I have 2 to take out this weekend. Take out shelves? Take off door?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Like in a truck?

I'd probably take out the shelves, take off the door, and lie them down open side up with like a blanket or something stuffed inside to prevent as much movement as possible.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

Best ideas for moving Detolfs? I have 2 to take out this weekend. Take out shelves? Take off door?

Depends on how you're moving them, but if you're doing it with a vehicle, definitely remove the shelves and use a bunch of cushioned blankets or pillows to put inside to buffer the door. I put a bunch of blankets down in my car and laid the defolfs horizontally so that any bumps in the room didn't send shocks through the glass. I wouldn't recommend moving them with a moving truck.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ask Rhyno, he had to move like 17 or something.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Louisgod posted:

Anybody interested in any of these figures? Doing some spring cleaning + putting up my new display case and want to get rid of older figures or ones replaced by newer versions. If not I'll probably just bring them to a local shop for store credit.

How much for:

- Thunderbird
- Polaris
- Angel

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Renting a UHaul, hehe.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I bought a Classified Series Scarlett yesterday because I thought she looked cool and it was funny to me that they are making the guns look like nerf but her package has at least 3 knives in it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The nerf guns are terrible, I've seen some replacement weapons listed on BBTS before so you can give them the right weapons they normally had.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cloks posted:

How much for:

- Thunderbird
- Polaris
- Angel

Will pm you!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Last Call posted:

The nerf guns are terrible, I've seen some replacement weapons listed on BBTS before so you can give them the right weapons they normally had.

Counterpoint: the nerf guns are hilarious and clever.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

They're inconsistent and it drives me crazy. Beach head and Duke have some nerfy guns then you get flint with a shotgun and pimp destro with a gold deagle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Moving detolfs.

First time was 6 that I disassembled and put back together at the new apartment. I had two different makes at the time, they changed the thickness of the glass so it took some trial and error to get them back together.

Second time was also 6 but we had a truck so I took out the shelves, taped the doors shut with painters tape and ratchet strapped them to the walls.

Last time ended up being out of desperation at first. Water in the basement and ruined the carpet so we had to move them to get the mold out. Halfway through the project we decided to sell that house so in a fit of madness I disassembled the 17 cases I now own. I numbered all the parts so I wouldn't have another mess like the previous time.

If at all possible, move them vertically in a uhaul. Ratchet straps are cheap and you only need one to hold a case up in a truck.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Kingtheninja posted:

They're inconsistent and it drives me crazy. Beach head and Duke have some nerfy guns then you get flint with a shotgun and pimp destro with a gold deagle.

From what I have gathered the line was supposed to be a part of a big push for the video game that came and went without and fanfare. That was a animated series in the same universe being worked on that got canceled quickly as well once it became obvious that the game was going to be a turd. The weird design choices came from the game, they decided to use the Nerf guns to try and skirt the game ratings as well as avoiding paying licensing fees with an added plus of some corporate synergy. You can tell when the figure focus went from the game to more modern remakes of 80s Joes.

I guess there is some questions on what to do with the line going forward. There is one side that wants to keep doing the style they are doing, another that wants to take it into a Marvel Legends/Star Wars Black route to doing characters from RAH toyline, the comics, movies and TV in 6 inch form. There is also talk of ending it and doing 3 3/4th again.

This is all second or more hand info, hearsay and rumor so don't take it for gospel. The stuff about the video game I trust where that came from but the rest is from various places. Enough of it fits and makes sense, which is why they focused purely on the Snake Eyes movie product a couple of days ago since they don't want to announce anything going forward until they know what they want to do.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Are the Joes that have been announced definitely coming out? Will we see Zartan and Flint and Lady Jaye? I want to love the Classified line so bad but the distribution and access to the product has been horrendous. It's so weird because it feels like the enthusiasticly devoted fans are there but Hasbro is doing everything to spit in their face.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GameStop has Jayne and Flint. I just ordered them and they should be shipping soon. Someone told me a while back Zartan got back ordered and I jumped on that and he shipped pretty soon after.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

The poster colors NECA Godzilla is the grossest prettiest thing I've ever seen. It's so gaudy and great.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Cocks Cable posted:

Are the Joes that have been announced definitely coming out? Will we see Zartan and Flint and Lady Jaye? I want to love the Classified line so bad but the distribution and access to the product has been horrendous. It's so weird because it feels like the enthusiasticly devoted fans are there but Hasbro is doing everything to spit in their face.

Yeah I snagged a flint and Jaye from a local shop last week, and my zartan order has been delayed again so I might look elsewhere for it. But yeah after the snake eyes movie wave, there's been nothing announced.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'll have an extra Zartan whenever Pulse ships, if anyone needs it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mondo's newest in their He-Man line is Keldor.

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/1381698736875782145