Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Just realized that the smoke Midoriya is using looks exactly the same as the smoke All Might emitted when he transformed. Perhaps All Might was using it unconsciously?

If All Might's transformation was another predecessor quirk, maybe we'll get to see Swole Deku after all.

e: I also missed Midoriya has a jetpack now. Hatsume comes in clutch yet again.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vengarr posted:

e: I also missed Midoriya has a jetpack now. Hatsume comes in clutch yet again.

It's a symbolic jetpack, not a real one. That panel is showing Deku envisioning his other quirks as tools, not him having those tools.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

It's a little confusing and Horikoshi probably should have only shown them that way in the one panel, then have Deku just be using his powers normally in the rest of the panels to make it clear he's not actually using gadgets, but the jetpack keeps popping in and out of existence in different frames so it looks more like it's real and you just can't see it from certain angles.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

I think that's an actual physical backpack for carrying things in. But yes it does confuse the issue.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Okay but Hatsume should also be his underground tech supplier

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At a bare minimum he really needs some thermals so he can see through his smoke.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Sindai posted:

At a bare minimum he really needs some thermals so he can see through his smoke.

That's what his danger sense is for.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I still need to know why Deku is wearing Gran Torino’s scarf

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Scarves look cool

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hopefully now that Muscular is taken care of, we can get a little more into what Deku has been up to since he woke up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sorry next chapter is a flashback detailing how Muscular became so hosed up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Muscular's story begins when his sister, Katsuki's mom, gave him a wedgie in front of his entire high school graduation.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I miss Caleb’s trivia.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Flesnolk posted:

I miss Caleb’s trivia.

Same. It's just not the same without it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Funky Valentine posted:

Muscular's story begins when his sister, Katsuki's mom, gave him a wedgie in front of his entire high school graduation.

“So this is the true meaning of POWER...”

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sorry next chapter is a flashback detailing how Muscular became so hosed up.

My Hero Demon Slayer

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The new smoke ability also doubles as an anti-piracy measure. The speed scans are borderline unreadable when there's smoke/fire/dust/explosions everywhere.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Sub Harrison posted:

The new smoke ability also doubles as an anti-piracy measure. The speed scans are borderline unreadable when there's smoke/fire/dust/explosions everywhere.

Think of how unreadable it must be for people buying physical copies. Jump is printed on used toilet paper in Japan.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

There's going to be a flashback to explain what happened after Deku woke up and why he has the scarf and his new arm braces (they remind me of Melissa Shields ones from the movie). Gran Torino is probably going to die to further cement Deku's resolve.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 12, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gran Torino survived, but died of old age during the month skip.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
One of Deku's unrevealed Quirks lets him eat someone to heal his broken arms.

RIP Gran Torino.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

christmas boots posted:

One of Deku's unrevealed Quirks lets him eat someone to heal his broken arms.

RIP Gran Torino.

Gran Totino's pizza rolls

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Deku just stole it figuring he's bedridden and can't fight back

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Carlosologist posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

Scarves look cool
It might just be a deliberate visual reference, similar to Deku getting All Might Eyes now that he's serious.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The scarf was a cape, Deku's new power is that he heals if he eats a cape.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Azubah posted:

The scarf was a cape, Deku's new power is that he heals if he eats a cape.
Deku is Hades? Bold move, Horikoshi.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
We only have 2 more powers for Deku to reveal and I get the feeling neither one is going to be a shield.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Since he’s imagining his extra quirks as tools his final 2 will be a Batarang and Shark repellent spray.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Deku’s next Quirk to manifest will be Gun

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Deku’s next Quirk to manifest will be Gun

That's Mustard's quirk tho.

Also, I'm very disappointed he wasn't shown being jailbreaked out. There's way more story to tell with him than either Muscular or Moonfish.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

oh jay posted:

Also, I'm very disappointed he wasn't shown being jailbreaked out. There's way more story to tell with him than either Muscular or Moonfish.

Excuse me, that's Snipe's quirk

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Is there really? I don't think there was much to Mustard.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Flesnolk posted:

Mustard was a chuuni, but in a much more boring way than Spinner.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

I don't think there was much there either, but I would at least like to know how a kid got involved in this gang of serial killers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

oh jay posted:

He’s a minor with a pretty easy to contain quirk so he was probably just in a normal prison.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If I recall correctly Mustard sounded pretty disgusted/kinda jealous of the UA kids when he was fighting Kendo and TetsuTetsu.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, basically every single adolescent we've seen sincerely wants to be a hero, whether or not they seem to be up to snuff, and here's this kid that is disgusted at the entire idea. He doesn't seem like he was let down by hero society in the same way as Shigaraki, or even Toga. It's seemingly a completely different reason and story that we haven't gotten to see yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From the way he was talking and what he was saying to the UA kids he was jealous of them. My guess is that he was rejected from a hero course because of his quirk for indiscriminate mass murder.

Like he had an arrogant attitude and was boasting about his skill, and intelligence, while calling Tetsutstsu and Kendo pampered and stupid.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 13, 2021

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

They straight up mention his uniform is a hero school uniform don’t they. I think the idea is he failed to make it to UA and from there everything else went wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think it was just said to be a school uniform. He was also one of the people said to be inspired to act by Stain.