Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
that dog is going to end up president somehow

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1381742773368463365

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

an improvement

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

that's why real men play warhammer forty thousand instead

who says "thousand"

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Hatebag posted:

One time i went to knoxville. It was a very pedestrian-hostile city but the holiday inn was quite nice. I walked across a bridge and bought some smokes

You're 100% dead-on. Like, it has OK potential and it's one of the few towns over 100k (we're 320 if you include the county) that has attempted to do absolutely nothing but cross our fingers that maybe someone rich will come in and save us. Enter Randy Boyd.

If you were at a Holiday Inn and crossed a bridge for smokes, I'm assuming you were at the one at World's Fair Park. If it was a long bridge and you walked across the river, you bought cigarettes around two minutes from where I am. The part that's even remotely pedestrian friendly is before the bridge, downtown. But there's nothing past that bridge save sporadic sidewalk (there's still no real sidewalk when you come off the bridge but we did build some nice bougie student housing that costs $1.4k a month -- on both sides of what's Chapman Highway. that has very intricate sidewalk space, weirdly enough).

I have enough momentum to run for office here so. I mean.
If you're going to die somewhere. And you're saying, "This is the town I'm probably going to die in."
And you have some major issues with what's happening?
Run for office. Worst that could happen is me pulling a Gravel during that first DNC long ago.

That Holiday Inn closed a while ago but I'm still ... glad isn't the word... it's nice to know you experienced the intentional sprawl inconvenience of my city that doesn't have to be this way but unfortunately we're /real/ hot for a AAA baseball team. And a new stadium. For a team that left a decade ago because no one came.

It's also bullshit you literally can't find cigarettes for sale unless you walk back to a gas station on campus or south to an area we'd rather demolish to make mayo depots than put effort into making better.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Hatebag posted:

I had a very good baklava at a gas station in station in knoxville

back a long time ago I went on a college trip to Greece and the roof bar at the hotel in Athens had baklava for like 10 or 12 drachmas apiece and shots of ouzo for like 15 or so, which amounts to about $1.50 per combo and that was one evening, I can tell you

e: actually I can't tell you, I don't remember what happened after a while

emfive has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Apr 13, 2021

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Foo Diddley posted:

have you considered spending the week sleeping in the car. i mean it's just a week, you'll probably live

I'd prefer a car or a squat to living with either of my parents

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Filthy Hans posted:

Knoxville has a pleasant little bougie main st downtown area with a couple blocks that are fine for walking around

there's a pretty good restaurant there that's gimmick is it's a burger joint but they have something like 200 kinds of whiskey available

yeah. that's owned by the worst person in knoxville, Randy Boyd.

Boyd's Tavern.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
ah gently caress we're the first story on loving Shep.

welp

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Hot Karl Marx posted:

nothing in the constitution that says a dog can’t be president

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Shitpostradomus posted:

ah gently caress we're the first story on loving Shep.

welp

who's "we", Knoxville?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

bison this is the perfect time to finally kidnap the queen

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shitpostradomus posted:

yeah. that's owned by the worst person in knoxville, Randy Boyd.

Boyd's Tavern.

no, I'm talking about the Stock and Barrel

https://thestockandbarrel.com/

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

emfive posted:

who's "we", Knoxville?

One, thank you.

Two, should have clarified that. Yeah.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

Knoxville has a pleasant little bougie main st downtown area with a couple blocks that are fine for walking around

there's a pretty good restaurant there that's gimmick is it's a burger joint but they have something like 200 kinds of whiskey available

I was there like 12 years ago. It's probably different now

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/8TFOOSo.mp4

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Shitpostradomus posted:

One, thank you.

Two, should have clarified that. Yeah.

hey no prob, it sucks when national news involves your locality because it's always stupid

back in, I think it was Hurricane Ike? Maybe? one of those. There was a guy from some national news thing in Galveston and the video crew was panning over some neighborhoods and saying like "It looks like there's been a lot of damage here as you can see" and we were cracking up because it was what the lovely parts of Galveston always looked like.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Vim Fuego posted:

I'd prefer a car or a squat to living with either of my parents

had to live with my dad for a week when he broke his leg, 'cuz they wouldn't let him go home from the hospital unless someone was there to make sure he was okay. it was fuckin' horrible. and i love my dad. couldn't imagine doing that if i hated the guy

now staying at the dive hotel for a week? gettin' lovely every night in the dive hotel dive bar, where people think the regular dive bar is too highbrow. that would be a fuckin' blast

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Filthy Hans posted:

no, I'm talking about the Stock and Barrel

https://thestockandbarrel.com/

Ah, Chase. He exposed all of their employees to COVID and didn't tell anyone. There was a hotspot around them and their properties.

Good burgers, though.

Here's a hot take from 7/2020.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Shitpostradomus posted:

Ah, Chase. He exposed all of their employees to COVID and didn't tell anyone. There was a hotspot around them and their properties.

Good burgers, though.

Fart Bricks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
just got the the Ancient Aliens episode where they talk about Trump making a secret alliance with Russia

............... to cover up the alien space base on the moon (of which mars is a part)

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

mods please change my name to Fart Bricks.

also, sorry for the Wigsphere derail.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hi all

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i had 1am taco bell while drunk last night for the first time in ages and it was kinda miraculous

im not hungover today anyway

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

howdy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
OBAMA: It's important for you to give us space.

MEDVEDEV: I understand your message about space.

[narrator]

Mainstream political commentators believe this was simply a conversation about diplomatic flexibility, but ancient astronaut theorists believe.............

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress you

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Joementum posted:

just got the the Ancient Aliens episode where they talk about Trump making a secret alliance with Russia

............... to cover up the alien space base on the moon (of which mars is a part)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shitpostradomus posted:

Good burgers, though.

sounds about right

I haven't been to a restaurant in over a year and I think it's a miracle I haven't caught covid yet

I live in Loudon, where masks are treated with contempt

you'd have about as much luck getting some of the locals around here to wear burkhas

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
somebody should open a strip club in Knoxville and call it Knockersville imo

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

oh no it's that dick

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

hey That DICK! how's it going

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Did you and your family feel a sense of closure after they found Richard III's bones under that parking lot?

I don't mean to be crass

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

the milk machine posted:

i'ma open a gay bar in western oklahoma and call it "panhandlin'"

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1381747982811471879?s=21

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

where’s the lie

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Filthy Hans posted:

sounds about right

I haven't been to a restaurant in over a year and I think it's a miracle I haven't caught covid yet

I live in Loudon, where masks are treated with contempt

you'd have about as much luck getting some of the locals around here to wear burkhas

i'm just amazed he cooked his kid a while ago and everyone just kinda forgot about it.

the milk machine posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

emfive posted:

hey That DICK! how's it going

Turn on your monitor