Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Acerbatus posted:

I don't see how any of this is damning for Angela

Anyways, where is it stated directly we repeatedly summon people? Red Mist intro?

Oh, there must be a misunderstanding between us somewhere, because I was not trying to condemn Angela to begin with, but rather just explain how the gamey mechanic of repeat receptions is explained within the story :v:

It's explained in the Blue Star outro. Hokma says that the moment a guest enters the Library, they're 'quantized' and then copied, whilst the originals hang out in some sort of comatose state as we battle their copies in what Angela describes as a virtual battle arena. Sure, they do not directly state that they fight copies of the same people multiple times (so my bad for using the term), but taken that fighting copies of the same people multiple times is what we actually do in the game and the Library functionality explained in this cutscene explains how that could be, I feel it is a fairly obvious reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unrelated note: I would love a hard mode of some kind in LoR because man, the poo poo you get late is so insane I wish I had something to build towards. Maybe workshop mod fights'll be good for that.

Also unrelated: I forgot how fuckin cold Malkuth is in LC.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 12, 2021

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

Unrelated note: I would love a hard mode of some kind in LoR because man, the poo poo you get late is so insane I wish I had something to build towards. Maybe workshop mod fights'll be good for that.

Also unrelated: I forgot how fuckin cold Malkuth is in LC.

Pls no, Urban Plague is already kicking my rear end.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intoluene posted:

Pls no, Urban Plague is already kicking my rear end.

General Receptions are your friends.

Workshop-Affiliated Fixers are extremely good, just need to take down the Carnival on the far left and Gaze Office on the right for two different Urban Plague books to challenge 'em. Hell, Rusted Chains offer Now Die, which is absurdly powerful for the tier and will pretty much carry the day.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 12, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, they had to hand out something to take the place of the old Kurokumo bleed race decks...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know where the mod that lets you refight abnormalities/realizations is? I think the workshop just supports librarian skins right now.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

Anyone know where the mod that lets you refight abnormalities/realizations is? I think the workshop just supports librarian skins right now.

Nexus?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking over it again, man the various Grand Finale pre/post fight translations are pretty rough in places.

Never really looked there before but I'll check, thanks. With any luck there'll be an official way to do it though.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Pretty sure it's planned as part of the full release

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just started Runia and wow it is weird seeing Angela with short hair.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

Just started Runia and wow it is weird seeing Angela with short hair.

She gives herself a pretty good makeover between the two games, yeah.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Angela exercising that newfound control over her own body in new and exciting ways.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol the specific mechanics of the new blue sicko reception makes it the only time in the game where Natural Sciences is probably legitimately your best option for (three-turn exodia assembly) doing a fight, it's hilarious

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
More first floor LoR stuff. I just reached what seems to be a branching point when the library has reached the rank of urban legend. Will I be able to pursue both paths or will I only be able to choose one?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
You’ll hit everything eventually. Just do it in whatever order you like.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Glad to hear that. Also I am enjoying the story but there are definitely times when I feel like a real rear end in a top hat.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah the branching paths are more like a Megaman level select than a route selection. You've got 2/3/4 sets of missions that you can choose to tackle in any order.

There is an objectively correct order to these, by the way. It's whatever gets your Singleton/two biggest badasses online asap. that being the far left path in Nightmare, then the middle left path in Star.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 14, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Real men do Dawn Office first.

Hunt11 posted:

there are definitely times when I feel like a real rear end in a top hat.

hoo boy.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Deeper in and I have to say gently caress guns.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Guns are extremely cool and good actually.

You can cheese like, a good three quarters of the game with them if you want to :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Theantero posted:

Guns are extremely cool and good actually.

You can cheese like, a good three quarters of the game with them if you want to :v:
This.

Just stack all the Full Stop passives on a team and they can frequently wipe an entire squad or a half-dead boss that wiped another of your teams in a single round, or at the very least cripple them hard enough that it's easy to mop up afterwards. You'll want to have a firing squad ready to go to make a lot of otherwise troublesome fights a lot easier. Malkuth's floor is a very good candidate for this since Yesod is the floor you'll be spending most of the early-mid game on.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 15, 2021

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That all sounds great. It just sucks to run into them for the first time and get to see just what they can do to you when an entire squad has them.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly, guns are pretty bad in LoR, though Full Stop's passives are good for cheese.

Use block or don't clash with Bullseye since 9-21 is more than you can reliably beat. Just clash the other stuff and chances are they won't even have enough damage to kill you.

You don't see much in the way of guns again until the very late game at which point (endgame fight spoilers) Rabbit Team Soldier's high speed completely defeats the points of guns, and Thumb melee combat pages kinda suck.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I find guns to be a good tech option to force staggers and negate enemy turns on occasion? During the while when they first showed up I ran one Liwei just in case.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean they're definitely not bad, saying so was hyperbolic of me. LoR isn't super hard and there's not much that's straight up bad, it's just not usually optimal is all.

I can think of a couple of times where they're specifically pretty good(Star of the City fight spoiler) Like using them to blast Red Mist which is pretty funny, if not as fast as Overcharging or the like though.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
The best gun is the one Der Freischütz holds.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best gun is nemo's face.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Doing the Chesed Floor Realization, and having no trouble until I got to the final phase. Then I hosed up and didn't use the transform cards immediately, and then they went away and I failed the whole thing. There goes like, forty minutes.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Guns can be pretty good for defusing unpleasantly large counter dice, too.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
The best gun are clown juggling balls.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Been watching a couple of Gebura solo videos (major spoilers for the second last fight in the game) and man, the way she just absolutely clowns on everything really makes me think of how expert DMC players just make the fights look like absolute jokes.

Gebura character action game when?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

No idea, but I'm honor bound to get really good at it because Gebura is the best.

Speaking of, I'm surprised by just how much she lives up to her "The Strongest" passive. The second she gets that keypage back, her floor becomes the best in the game against any opponent that doesn't expressly negate power gain. It's nuts. :psyduck:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1141607445170491393?s=20

PM retweeted one of the first posts, my eyes have never been so buttered

GilliamYaeger posted:

Gebura character action game when?

This is after she got counter dice nerfed twice too! :v: (I guess saying she gets that is kinda a spoiler?)

Funnily enough though she isn't actually the best for speed kills; Takes too long to get online.

I'm not sure she could solo 얀샋ㄷ요무 at this point, but it's worth looking into.

Power ranking for floors, imo:

1: Gebura, no contest.
2: Hokma, basically all the pages are good even if Time is pretty unfeasable in hard fights
3: Chesed, some good abno pages (emerald is super good), and strong ego
4: Keter, even post nerfs Lies and Curiosity Mirinae duo is super good.
5: Binah, even though her abno pages are almost universally awful and half of Binah's specials suck, Pillar and Fairy are good.
6: Hod, buffed Axe and the addition of Bamboo Hat Kim/Dong Hwan are great for her.
7: Yesod, entirely carried by Regret
8: Malkuth, Burning Flash memes are actually passable but the insanely broken stuff most floors have is way better than passable.
9: Netzach, I don't even remember most of what he does at this point
10: Tiphereth, Tiphxodia is fun but as far as power goes she's abysmal.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 16, 2021

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
How do I get a Book of the Molar Office? I can't even remember if I got one the first time I beat them and now I've done it three times. Am I missing something?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solitair posted:

How do I get a Book of the Molar Office? I can't even remember if I got one the first time I beat them and now I've done it three times. Am I missing something?

Make sure the enemy team's emotion level gets up first, it boosts drop rates.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

Power ranking for floors, imo:

1: Gebura, no contest.
2: Hokma, basically all the pages are good even if Time is pretty unfeasable in hard fights
3: Chesed, some good abno pages (emerald is super good), and strong ego
4: Keter, even post nerfs Lies and Curiosity Mirinae duo is super good.
5: Binah, even though her abno pages are almost universally awful and half of Binah's specials suck, Pillar and Fairy are good.
6: Hod, buffed Axe and the addition of Bamboo Hat Kim/Dong Hwan are great for her.
7: Yesod, entirely carried by Regret
8: Malkuth, Burning Flash memes are actually passable but the insanely broken stuff most floors have is way better than passable.
9: Netzach, I don't even remember most of what he does at this point
10: Tiphereth, Tiphxodia is fun but as far as power goes she's abysmal.
Yeah I'll agree with that, though I'd add a note of blunt/Emma's dominance of the midgame to Yesod. Sure it's a dominance that does not at all last forever, but the period between getting Emma's keypage and Gebura/Chesed coming online is basically ruled by Yesod with an iron forehead.

Solitair posted:

What emotion level are they at when you kill them? Remember that you get more drops the higher their emotion level is. You can also hover over their emotion level marker to see who drops what.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd call Netz the best of the Briah floors, he gets enough healing and mitigation on his early abnos to replace haulers, and the butterfly abno cards are really good at closing a fight out. I'm also extremely down on Binah for all the reasons you mentioned, but otherwise that ranking looks pretty much in line with my opinion.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

GilliamYaeger posted:

What emotion level are they at when you kill them? Remember that you get more drops the higher their emotion level is. You can also hover over their emotion level marker to see who drops what.

Last time I fought them they were at level...4? Whatever the maximum is. I didn't know about the hovering; I'll try it when I feel like playing again. Redoing the Molar Office and Stray Dogs fights was a bit of a slog; I often empty bookshelves and re-equip my team from scratch often, and I got sloppy doing so this time around. Still haven't gotten used to rearranging passive abilities in the main library page, either.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Huuuuuh. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is fun watching Roland bounce off the rest of the cast as it does a lot to help make the individual scenes feel unique. This is especially true for Angela and it was really funny seeing them talk after the Carnival invitation.