Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Kata-Haro posted:

And relatedly the only thing Albus is dating is his goddamned work.

What I love about Albus is he looks like this super generic shonenesque hero

And then you realize he's actually a clever, calculating bastard and that the only reason he's taking on the insane workload he puts the company through is because he knows that nothing short of a meteoric rise will allow him to reach a high security clearance in less than a decade. What drives him isn't justice or whatever, it's the fact he knows exactly how difficult it'll be to uncover info on his father, he has a plan, and he loving hates it when he has to do an audible from something he clearly thought out and prepared himself for. It's even implied that the whole reason he's so nice and polite to everyone isn't just because he's a good boy but also because he knows he'll need godlike PR to secure promotions. The way he straight up slacked and skipped work back at Black Pearl when he thought he was being trolled by Giselle is what makes it really obvious.

quote:

Carter's deal with Edward: Carter's job was just doing the high-profile terrorist attacks, right? In order to stir up chaos and allow the Troubleshooters to swoop in and save everyone? It's when he kills Sharky 2 that he breaks with Edward.

Do we know what he asked for in the original deal with Edward?

AFAIK, yes to the first bit and second (which was also meant to make the police look good in the end). Re: Killing Robert, I think that might actually have been part of the arrangement as well, since Robert was a rogue element. I think the break is when he becomes the third Sharky and specifically pulls the cultists out of the city, as the game is completely rigged for them there. Note how in the cutscenes after completing For Me, the final mission of the base game, mayor Karl mostly centers the concept of the documentary on the White Tiger Gang's shutdown, implying that the Spoonism project went off the rails. As for what he asked for, I'll have to get back to you on this. Gotta replay the game a bit cuz I'm not quite sure myself.

And yeah, it's kinda telling that this latest DLC is all about the bromance between Hanson and Sanson, and also how Renzy helps his boss out in lowkey ways. Did we need to spend time giving backstory and personality to these new bad dudes? No, but Troubleshooter be like that, and it's awesome. And it's definitely hilarious how Ray is hella straight and yet has probably the closest relationship with another woman out of any person in the cast. Her and Dianne's friendship is just :kimchi:

MotU posted:

What attacks of hers are classified as ESP besides the Fireball? you'd also only be able to use Uniform/Sneakers on her for Light of Martial Artist since the other set is Jacket/Boots which she can't wear. I figured her attacks were classified as Melee mostly so go 2 Light of Magic and 3 Light of Martial Artist but I could be wrong in what attack counts as what

When you mouse over an attack on the character sheet, it has a section that says 'Damage Type'. If it says 'fire', then it doesn't matter if it's melee or ranged and will count as an esp attack. Physical attacks are Slashing, Blunt or Piercing. Also whoops, I think you can 3piece Light of Magic by going Ring/Bangle/Trinket but you're right about this! My current setup goes with the full 5p Light of Martial Arts setup so Leton can use my bangle and ring and it kinda feels almost better, since the only move of hers that isn't melee with my current setup is the super accurate aoe. So you can definitely go with that if you need it! It's fairly nice for Irene anyway IMO.

ZearothK posted:

My favorite implicit theory is that John is Sion's missing brother, Visha. Not only is their hair and build similar, but Visha is meant to be this awesome badass who disappeared off screen and Sion mentions Visha for the first time in the mission where John also shows up for the first time as the toughest enemy in the game thus far.

:aaa: I gotta replay this game from scratch and verify this! It 's such a wild idea but I wouldn't put it past Dandylion. Fuckin' Troubleshooter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Transient People posted:

And yeah, it's kinda telling that this latest DLC is all about the bromance between Hanson and Sanson, and also how Renzy helps his boss out in lowkey ways. Did we need to spend time giving backstory and personality to these new bad dudes? No, but Troubleshooter be like that, and it's awesome. And it's definitely hilarious how Ray is hella straight and yet has probably the closest relationship with another woman out of any person in the cast. Her and Dianne's friendship is just :kimchi:

Um, Alisa and Bianca?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Hmm, regarding the recent story discussion I must've missed it, where was it implied that Sharky #2 was the a bodyguard of Bianca's grandfather? Was it in some very recently added story mission? I still need to go check out the new ones past the big market brawl with the HELL CLOWNS. Also, do you think that mission with the terrorist attack by the spoonists, the first one where you run into them, was a false flag? It's wildly out of character with how they seem to act in every other mission past that, where they're basically just acting in self defense in pretty much all cases.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Transient People posted:

What I love about Albus is he looks like this super generic shonenesque hero

:aaa: I gotta replay this game from scratch and verify this! It 's such a wild idea but I wouldn't put it past Dandylion. Fuckin' Troubleshooter!

Yeah, Albus has a very specific ambition going on.

The mission is "With All Your Heart" (4.1) if you want to revisit it from the case files. Someone in the Discord mentioned it and I feel it is very strongly implied when you play it paying attention to that.

Clarste posted:

Um, Alisa and Bianca?

Jane and Giselle too, but yeah, Alisa and Bianca are the classic butch and femme power couple. Do agree that Ray is the most straight character in the entire game.

Obligatum VII posted:

Hmm, regarding the recent story discussion I must've missed it, where was it implied that Sharky #2 was the a bodyguard of Bianca's grandfather? Was it in some very recently added story mission? I still need to go check out the new ones past the big market brawl with the HELL CLOWNS. Also, do you think that mission with the terrorist attack by the spoonists, the first one where you run into them, was a false flag? It's wildly out of character with how they seem to act in every other mission past that, where they're basically just acting in self defense in pretty much all cases.

In one of the meetings between Carter and Edward the latter mentions that his bodyguard (who shares a build with Sharky) has the same regenerative powers as Carter. In later meetings (after Sharky has been replaced) that bodyguard is absent and Edward is upset that Sharky #2 was completely ashed in the final chapter. It is not certain, but it is a very strong theory.

Also, speculation on Carter's motives, this is all my own brain worms. I think Carter wanted to get Heixing out of the Fortress of Suffering, which is why he goes off the deep end when Heixing comes back. He's made a deal with the devil for no reason, so now he will try to lead the Spoonists on a fool's crusade against the Fortress.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 12, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ZearothK posted:

Also, speculation on Carter's motives, this is all my own brain worms. I think Carter wanted to get Heixing out of the Fortress of Suffering, which is why he goes off the deep end when Heixing comes back. He's made a deal with the devil for no reason, so now he will try to lead the Spoonists on a fool's crusade against the Fortress.

That sort of requires him to be lying to himself in his flashbacks, but also remember that Heixing seems to be living on borrowed time, so his "escape" isn't exactly something to be celebrated anyway, for someone familiar with its workings.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's on sabbatical, then it is right back to the hell prison for whatever remains of his life.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Another way this game reminds me of Trails is the dialogue you get with different combinations, and how some will give you a lot more (Saving Kylie with Hexing on the ice map) though fortunately with this game you can just replay missions and if there was something you miss you can see it easily.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I just got my fourth party member (Anne), is this more or less the rate at which people are going to be joining? And are there eventually going to be limits as to how many people I'm allowed to bring on missions? That would be a logical limit but this is a game that has shown me, like, a 60 on 60 battle in the first couple hours, so who knows.

Also, the sidequest-type missions that pop up occasionally, where it shows a person's headshot in the corner when you're in the HQ, are those take-it-or-leave-it type things, or will they stick there until I'm ready for them? I have taken them as soon as they pop up every time, but the last one I did I had really wanted to do one more repeatable mission first because I was right next to a new mastery point for someone and I was going to shuffle everything around. Will the sidequests still be there if I go do some other missions?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

OzFactor posted:

I just got my fourth party member (Anne), is this more or less the rate at which people are going to be joining? And are there eventually going to be limits as to how many people I'm allowed to bring on missions? That would be a logical limit but this is a game that has shown me, like, a 60 on 60 battle in the first couple hours, so who knows.

Also, the sidequest-type missions that pop up occasionally, where it shows a person's headshot in the corner when you're in the HQ, are those take-it-or-leave-it type things, or will they stick there until I'm ready for them? I have taken them as soon as they pop up every time, but the last one I did I had really wanted to do one more repeatable mission first because I was right next to a new mastery point for someone and I was going to shuffle everything around. Will the sidequests still be there if I go do some other missions?

The pace in which people join the party does increase and eventually you will have more people than the default deployment limit (8). There are some missions with a larger limit, including one that has more slots than there are characters (for now).

Those sidequests can be taken at any time and are often mandatory for progression. There is literally nothing you can miss out on the game, as the ordinary and violent cases can be repeated at any time and you can return to any of the story missions from the case files.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there used to be a single monster type that was missable but they fixed that. also that particular monster wasn't special in any way.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with the Destrons in the level 50 violent mission? They wiped almost my whole team and I was forced to send Albus on a suicide charge to take down the last human boss to trigger the retreat option.

From what I could tell, they were immune to reaction fire, counter-attacked at range and close, didn't take damage below a certain threshold, and were resistant to hacking. Anne's entangle spell also did not seem to have an effect. If I could isolate one, I'm pretty sure I could send it into AT hell with suppressive effects, but that's not really an option when there seem to be four of them.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Smiling Knight posted:

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with the Destrons in the level 50 violent mission? They wiped almost my whole team and I was forced to send Albus on a suicide charge to take down the last human boss to trigger the retreat option.

From what I could tell, they were immune to reaction fire, counter-attacked at range and close, didn't take damage below a certain threshold, and were resistant to hacking. Anne's entangle spell also did not seem to have an effect. If I could isolate one, I'm pretty sure I could send it into AT hell with suppressive effects, but that's not really an option when there seem to be four of them.

Three, but the answer is to send a Ray with Run, Reckless Charge and Best Condition straight at the machine bays you see them at in the cutscene. The Destrons Firewall (shutdown immunity) for 3 turns upon sighting an enemy. Due to her enormous AT reducers and speed, Ray with that setup can run into the mech bay, aggro all the destrons, and get the hell out by running cross map aggroing everyone else before even a single enemy can take a turn. Afterward, you can just kite the destrons by leaning hard to the other side of the map while they slowly chase you until they catch up to you and hit them with EMP grenades. The rest is easy cleanup. Fighting them before outlasting their firewall is seriously not adviced.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Smiling Knight posted:

Ok, so the good news is that there's only 3 of them. The bad news is that they also only take max 25% HP per attack and start regenerating when below 50% HP.

They're definitely the toughest thing in the game, you'll need to specifically build your team to counter them. I recommend crafting the weapons with the anti-Machine armor trait, since you'll probably need it to get over the 10% threshold to actually damage them consistently. You can also use Machine or Giant Killer (or both) to get a big boost in damage against them. Heixing and Giselle can be used to chip them down but you'll need to be really careful trying it and make sure your positioning is on point because of the ranged counterattacks.

You'll need to get someone who can tank them. If you're not running Irene as a Battlemage or Alisa as a Barbarian it's highly recommended. Alisa in particular is my go-to Destron killer if you can roid her up and all the Barbarian stuff pops off. If you craft her anti-machine sword it ignores 50% of Machine armor so her spin-to-win move can wipe out a Destron semi-consistently. If you can just tank them for the 3 turns they have Firewall you can also EMP them which makes them way less scary. Other good tanks are your own drone built for max defense and HP or a Beast tank like an Ice Draki.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 17, 2021

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

If Heixing and Kylie (specially Engineer with the double attack) have machine/giant hunter, they can often go into Overcharge and delete one with their ultimates. Will second Alisa being a great robot hunter thanks to her high damage and toughness. Blackmage Sion is another character who's very good at dumping high damage on the robots.

Simplest approach is to just repeatedly throw EMP grenades on them (or use the shutdown hack from Kylie). White is fine, Red will tear up anyone who's not a tank. Black is the devil.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
giselle is too cute oh my god her telling kylie not to hurt her children... she loves her little ones :')

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Well, I beat Violent 50, although all your considered advice went to pot as soon as I began to pilot. Timing out the buffs with Ray is a really clever idea! Except it doesn't work at the south spawn point, so all it resulted in was three still-buffed Destrons charging my starting position. Alisa charged in, did some great damage to the white one... and then chased off a bunch of the gunmen with her reaction moves. Luckily, I had Heixing with Machine Killer and Ray with the awakening spray, ready to delete one entirely. Except Heixing ended up in AT purgatory unloading reaction fire that failed to meet the damage threshold. I ended up sandbagging with Kylie's decoys while Sion desperately took out White. He did it, but ate reaction fire behind cover and in smoke, RIP. But then the buffs had worn off and Kylie landed a 70% hack on Black, saving the fight. Took a really long time, but managed a full clear with only Albus, Heixing, and Ray surviving!

Once I feel up to it again, I'll give it a shot and see whether I can actually put the thread's advice into practice.

Smiling Knight fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 19, 2021

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

whoops yeah, I forgot to say you have to start up north to do the firewall pop trick

You wouldn't think the northern side would be useful at all cause it gets you popped by snipers normally, but once you know about how mean the destrons are, it's surprisingly sensible to aggro them early and then basically cut a swathe through the map before standing your ground against them. Nice work putting them out of commission!

MonikaTSarn
May 23, 2005

Just use EMP grenades directly ? I got Ray in grenadier spec, so she carries 6 of them. Go in single track, run right directly. You can throw a grenade on the first two destrons before they even see you. Just don't aggro anything before the rest of the team is ready to assist. My Ray has so much speed she waits two turns before the rest is there. With enough speed and the right timing, she is often able to stun the third one as well before he can act..

For killing the Destrons then, make sure there is no empty damage. that gives them turn meter. No robots with auto-assist, no reactive attacks from Giselle or Heixing. I actually don't use Fire Support on either of them for the endgame, it's just to much action point loss if you don't get a kill.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, yesterday was Troubleshooter's anniversary and there were a bunch of interviews and stuff in Korean media. This one in particular talks a bit about the game and future plans.

Misty Jager (who has shown up a grand total of two times in story frames, she's the pink haired girl who works with Sion's brother and her character card is at the end of the article) is namedropped as a future character with the Rogue (and probably have Assassin and something else as advanced classes) core class, but it is uncertain if they will be the 12th character or part of the season 2 cast.

Speaking of Season 2, it will continue to follow Albus' company, this time with a permit to operate outside the Windwall District while remaining headquartered in there, so we'll get to see more of the setting. Characters should all be getting a third advanced class. Dandylion has said that they wanted to make it an expansion-sized DLC, but that a standalone game should have more exposure on Steam, so that will be the likely path forward. On the business side they're seeing about securing financing for the second title and are considering crowdfunding and Steam Early Access as options, but nothing is set in stone.

As for paid DLC, there should be a costume DLC and the 12th character, which honestly I feel it is more than fair. Black Witch & White Lion should have been paid content for starters.

Anyways, no dates for anything!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ZearothK posted:

Rogue (and probably have Assassin and something else as advanced classes) core class

Looking at the art, the other class will be Gamer B)

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
We still need a proper water ESP user. I suppose that Rogue would make sense for poison synergy

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

ZearothK posted:

So, yesterday was Troubleshooter's anniversary and there were a bunch of interviews and stuff in Korean media. This one in particular talks a bit about the game and future plans.

Misty Jager (who has shown up a grand total of two times in story frames, she's the pink haired girl who works with Sion's brother and her character card is at the end of the article) is namedropped as a future character with the Rogue (and probably have Assassin and something else as advanced classes) core class, but it is uncertain if they will be the 12th character or part of the season 2 cast.

Speaking of Season 2, it will continue to follow Albus' company, this time with a permit to operate outside the Windwall District while remaining headquartered in there, so we'll get to see more of the setting. Characters should all be getting a third advanced class. Dandylion has said that they wanted to make it an expansion-sized DLC, but that a standalone game should have more exposure on Steam, so that will be the likely path forward. On the business side they're seeing about securing financing for the second title and are considering crowdfunding and Steam Early Access as options, but nothing is set in stone.

As for paid DLC, there should be a costume DLC and the 12th character, which honestly I feel it is more than fair. Black Witch & White Lion should have been paid content for starters.

Anyways, no dates for anything!

Inordinately excited for this and hoping one of the options for crowdfunding if they go that way is 'will hire a korean/english translator to work on the game's script'

Troubleshooter is such a good game with such a cool story that it's a shame I can't recommend it to people who I know would love its setting without reservations due to the shaky TL. If Banished Children can avoid this problem I may straight up buy a bunch of copies to get more goons to try it!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, the translation and the rough start (specially given how long it takes to get your extra teammates in the early game) are the two big caveats. Having a professional translator on-board as part of a Kickstarter would do wonders for the second title, plus having a full party from the start and Dandylion's greater experience with encounter design would give it a much better opening act. Would also serve as some marketing, which this game has had exactly zero of, other than word of mouth from fans. Hell, I only learned about it because someone posted on the Steam thread.

This interview has some more information than the previous one and apparently confirms that Misty will be the paid character. Also they mention that the game has sold 85,000 copies, 50% for the English market, 30% for China and 10% domestic. I have no idea on the upkeep costs of a game dev studio in South Korea, but given Dandylion almost disbanded just before they came out of Early Access (got saved by the release sales), it is impressive that they keep adding more content for free (hell, in eight days we'll have a new violent case featuring a new beast type, the crabs are coming)), I guess they're really really passionate.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Looking at the art, the other class will be Gamer B)

Yeah, apparently she has a hobby of putting her name as the top score of every arcade machine she finds.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

It's crazy how apparently the sales I've helped drive by shilling this game to other people have mattered, at least in a small way. Never stop telling people about this game, goons! Super excited for the crab rave, and also to throw some more $$$ at Dandylion with the new character's release. Hopefully they launch a kickstarter soon so I can tell people to throw some money at it. I've rarely ever wanted a studio to succeed this much, but Dandylion's created a very charming game and I want more like it in my life. :)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My absolute favorite moment is when Bianca and Alisa join the company and Sion isn't there so they convince themselves that he's the real brain of the operation and then later when he shows up he's just his regular old self and they are just like ????

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are the monsters worth getting? Any ones in particular that are good? What about the legendary ones?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

bamhand posted:

Are the monsters worth getting? Any ones in particular that are good? What about the legendary ones?

A regular tima is super strong as the lowest effort, easily one of your best physical tanky attackers.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

bamhand posted:

Timas are good starting beasts. Ice Timas in particular are extremely tanky if you need one on your team. Most of the named beasts are going to have good to excellent stats/skills and competent mastery boards. Note that not all named beasts are legendary (Foo's pets come to mind).

Negoori are also great in general if you want a damage dealer. Forestallment builds work very well with all of them as their tongue has a greater reach than most melee weapons.

Draki are mostly excellent, but they take a lot of work as they have to be raised from eggs and must have their mastery boards built from scratch.

Yasha and Dorori can be good, but are more niche choices.

As for legendary beasts, the Golden Trio, the Albino and Spotted Negooris and the Ash Yasha are all worth it, in my opinion. Jeff's beasts are theoretically good, but I haven't used them ever, so that's a second hand compliment.

Crabmits will probably be good, since they're being added to the postgame.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Thanks for the info! I haven't come across draki's yet, I'm around level 35. I think I've seen the albino and spotted negoori's but not the rest yet. I've noticed so far all the beasts have pretty slow speed. Like they take 1 turn for ever 2-3 my other team members take. Do they get more speed as they level up or do I need to load up the mastery boards?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

bamhand posted:

Thanks for the info! I haven't come across draki's yet, I'm around level 35. I think I've seen the albino and spotted negoori's but not the rest yet. I've noticed so far all the beasts have pretty slow speed. Like they take 1 turn for ever 2-3 my other team members take. Do they get more speed as they level up or do I need to load up the mastery boards?

Yeah, for most beasts you will need to tweak their mastery boards to get better speed. One major point is that they only have one accessory slot, so they can't get speed from their equipment like the rest of your Troubleshooters probably are.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
New question. I just got Kylie. Wtf should I be doing with robots. And also is crafting the only way to get weapons for her? Where do I get crafting materials for those?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Her weapons drop the same as everyone else, last time I played.

Her two builds are either super robot master with stats or unlimited spell master with the right rotation.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tae posted:

Her weapons drop the same as everyone else, last time I played.

Her two builds are either super robot master with stats or unlimited spell master with the right rotation.

You need to craft Kylies weapons, you are probably thinking of Ray.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The drones are, well, they can be really powerful, but at the exact moment you get Kylie you probably won't have the module blueprints (which you get by beating up drones and levelling up yours), nor the materials to build the modules themselves or the good equipment, so I'd suggest just building whatever you can afford to (the more purple the better) to fit in your drones and maybe a few modules and then use the drones as a very convenient tank until the end-game/post-game. Fire drones are good with the flamethrower (which is the best drone weapon, IMNHO) and the Transporter Drone is the overall best due to its higher weight capacity.

That said, I recommend getting a Firefighting Drone to its highest class level as soon as possible, as that unlocks the Revival Module, which lets a drone revive an ally once per mission.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Which levels give stuff for building drones?

Which ones for Mono and Vivi?

And I assume Kylie in a Demolisher set is the way to do it?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Demolisher's Set is good, but not necessary. It can be upgraded to be competitive with higher level equipment too as the game goes on. My Irene stuck with it for the longest time.

I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but any stage with lots of robots (specially 39V and 50V, though these are endgame challenges) is going to give you a lot of information on modules and materials to build those modules and machine parts. As for updating Mono and Vivi, just play normally and dismantle equipment instead of selling it and you should have enough stuff to upgrade them, though you may sometimes have to craft the advanced materials from simpler ones.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think I've been selling my greens and dismantling most of my blues. I have almost none of the stuff required to build the next level for Mono and Vivi yet, does it come from purples? Also did not know you can make crafting materials, will check that out at the work bench.

Also I noticed the purples say they bind but as far as I can tell anyone can use them freely?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nah, when the game says that an item will bind it means that you can't send that item to other players through the mail system if you've equipped them. Speaking of, if you are on the NA server and are having trouble making Kylie's weapon upgrades, drop your company name and I can give 'em to you. Not sure I have the materials for the level 45 and 50 versions handy, but pretty sure it is trival to build the earlier ones with all the junk I've accumulated. You will still want to eventually craft them yourself if you go deep into the post-game, as crafting unlocks more recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Company name is Moxy if it's stuff you're not using. Appreciate it! Just trying to figure stuff out since I just unlocked her and she is a bit behind my other characters both level and gear wise.

What stuff is worth upgrading? Should I just be salvaging lower level purple and red items? I've kept most of them in case they would be good candidates for upgrading.