Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I changed one villager's catchphrase to "stupid" and it spread like wildfire, now I'm casually insulted by everyone while walking around town and it makes me laugh every time.

"Oh was there something else you wanted to talk about, stupid?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Hobo Clown posted:

I changed one villager's catchphrase to "stupid" and it spread like wildfire, now I'm casually insulted by everyone while walking around town and it makes me laugh every time.

I was really hoping more of them would adopt Pietro’s phase: you clown.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I’m very immature so I end up with stuff like this

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Back when I had Vesta, I made her catchphrase "sheeple" and it spread to two others later that same day.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I want that Aeris dress!

No I'm not saying Aeirtpth or whatever shut up

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Tender Bender posted:

I set Daisy's catchphrase back to "Bow-WOW!", but I did it manually by teaching it, so the game thought it was a new catchphrase, and she's taught it to everyone else so now a bunch of lions, penguins, bears, etc are walking around saying "Bow-WOW!"

Just pretend they're all singing along to Atomic Dog.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My husband convinced me to change Chester’s secret greeting to ‘but my hate is big!’

I mean, look at him.

It probably is.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Opening up for an hour or so because Redd is here with a real Jolly painting, fake Academic painting and fake Quaint painting, as well as unlimited blue Coffee cups and Rattan table lamp (light brown, I think).

You no longer need a ladder to reach Redd's beach on Mau-Mau! Just take the warp pipe behind Resident Services.

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables. Stuff on the ground is up for grabs. I'll be AFK.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 13, 2021

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

SilentChaz posted:

Opening up for an hour or so because Redd is here with a real Jolly painting, fake Academic painting and fake Quaint painting, as well as unlimited blue Coffee cups and Rattan table lamp (light brown, I think).

You no longer need a ladder to reach Redd's beach on Mau-Mau! Just take the warp pipe behind Resident Services.

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables. Stuff on the ground is up for grabs. I'll be AFK.

Thank you for this. Managed to grab the painting and a couple of items and recipes off the ground. Also picked up some stuff from the Able Sisters and bought some of your island's native fruit from the Nook twins.

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
It's been a while, but I'm getting back into playing. Celeste and Saharah are in Candor, so I thought I'd open up for a bit. I'm AFK, but feel free to wander around and wish on the occasional shooting star.

Dodo code: 7QY4Q

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Basically all this ^^^ except I always make a point of running away for maybe 2 or 3 seconds straight after the BWOING so I have a bit of wiggle room time-wise to catch the wasps rather than staying nearby and risking getting hosed up.

Definitely don't need to do this - as soon as you see the wasp nest starting to drop, hammer that net button - you'll BWOING and then turn and then wasp in net. 100% every time zero screwups.
I used to do the "run away first" method but I'd fail a lot, not running and just netting is just straight-up reliable.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
In my experience, running makes it worse. Walking two steps away and then swiping works better for me personally.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pardon me for liking the thrill of the chase :grin:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The strat being described is 100% foolproof.

But this strat is more stylish:

https://twitter.com/highlifelowlife/status/1276580551202344960

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Yeah I discovered to my detriment last week that they have trouble flying over fences and even mildly high obstructions.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Redd's here with his usual collection of three fakes and a thing I don't need. Getting real tired of your poo poo, fox.

The brief rain yesterday has naturally spread all the flowers except the ones I wanted. I don't know what else I expected, really.

Ah well, can't win 'em all.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Redd is at Mickleton today with a Real Scenic Painting and Fake Jolly and Scary Paintings, as well as a Fake Rock Head Statue. Scoot is crafting a Log Pack as well. Help yourself to anything from the shops. Bulletin board art/messages are encouraged!

Dodo code in the other thread.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

TL posted:

Redd is at Mickleton today with a Real Scenic Painting and Fake Jolly and Scary Paintings, as well as a Fake Rock Head Statue. Scoot is crafting a Log Pack as well. Help yourself to anything from the shops. Bulletin board art/messages are encouraged!

Dodo code in the other thread.

Is that scenic painting still up for grabs? If not may I call dibs?

Got it, thanks!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 13, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd is on my island again (he was here last week which makes his appearance this week pretty weird), and he has a real Twinkling Painting and a real Scary Painting, along with a fake Moving Painting and a fake Famous Painting if anyone is short any of those?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Redd is on my island again (he was here last week which makes his appearance this week pretty weird), and he has a real Twinkling Painting and a real Scary Painting, along with a fake Moving Painting and a fake Famous Painting if anyone is short any of those?

I just started playing at the end of last month, so I still don't have much artwork yet. I need the Twinkling Painting or the Scary Painting if either of them is still available.

Redd showed up on my Island today, too, but all of his artwork today is fakes (Famous Painting, Jolly Painting, Quaint Painting and Mystic Statue if anyone's interested in fake versions of those for some reason).

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Opening Fiorina because Redd is here again but with a real Twinkling Painting, and a fake Moving Painting and a fake Famous Painting. Also Nooks has a black whirlpool bath.

Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 13, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Jeez, did everyone have Redd visit today?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Black Robe posted:

Seems like it yeah. I’m honestly surprised he visited me at all today cuz he visited me last week and he usually only comes every 2 weeks. I was hoping for Gulliver so I can be 2 visits closer to getting my Gold poo poo Digging Shovel.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

How many Gulliver visits does that take anyway? I don’t have one and that bitch has been to my island a ton

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The fool needs to bring me a Grwat, Tremendous, or Rock-Head statue already!!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

How many Gulliver visits does that take anyway? I don’t have one and that bitch has been to my island a ton

30 visits (sadly Gullivar’s visits don’t count towards it, only Gulliver). The best way to count how many you have left is to go through your catalogue to see how many Gulliver items you’ve gotten. I’m currently at 28.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I have played every day since launch with no time travel or other shenanigans and I got the shovel about two weeks ago. So, uh, yeah.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I must be super close then. Thanks!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Met Label for the first time today! Such a cute activity.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Met Label for the first time today! Such a cute activity.

:3: She’s a cutey but given enough time you will tire of her showing up

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Black Robe posted:

Nah I had Gullivar today, Redd yesterday.

On wasps - that 'shake the tree from the front' trick works every single time. The only time it ever fails is if a villager is standing right in front of you, your character will activate them instead of swinging the net. They're all 'don't talk to me now! there's wasps!' I KNOW THERE'S WASPS MUFFY

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/1382136795744325633

Happy 20th Anniversary Animal Crossing.

Some of the above pictured will return someday. Some won't. Some definitely won't.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Who is big nose beardy in the top left again, someone from the original 64 version?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Jesus Christ, Bangle, could you maybe wear some of your clothing and not just plaster your house with it. She currently has four tops displayed. I'm trying to decorate you, not your house :argh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jackhunter64 posted:

Who is big nose beardy in the top left again, someone from the original 64 version?

yeah that's the gnome that lives in the town plaza tree well thing. he tells you the beauty of the town and gives you the golden axe after two weeks of perfect

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Black Robe posted:

Jesus Christ, Bangle, could you maybe wear some of your clothing and not just plaster your house with it. She currently has four tops displayed. I'm trying to decorate you, not your house :argh:

Flora replaced one of her flamingoes with a sweater and I am so mad I'm thinking of talking to Isabelle about it.

e: just noticed Flick's tank top has a ladybird on it but done in Gothic colours. I love him so much.

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 14, 2021

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Gulliver actually gave me the very last regular DIY I can learn in the game.

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1382305611220541443

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

HopperUK posted:

Flora replaced one of her flamingoes with a sweater and I am so mad I'm thinking of talking to Isabelle about it.

e: just noticed Flick's tank top has a ladybird on it but done in Gothic colours. I love him so much.

Isabelle won't help you, unfortunately. She won't touch furniture, and her resetting clothing only applies to custom designs, not regular clothes. I learned this the hard way after some of my villagers gave each other some really ugly stuff. Flora will have that sweater by her flamingo pond until she decides to temporarily replace it with something else. It will taunt you forever.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The solution is to just give her flamingos until she replaces the sweater with one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think it's possible to gift them the furniture item and they should put it back where it originally was.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iql5J5BXG-SuJvtw_duLZzjIw5myGcFnEL-I3BSR_CE/edit#gid=1080710934

I think?