Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

But the chances of you getting murdered 800 meters away by a giga-chad with a thermal and 20million in armor increases exponentially the longer time between wipes carry on.

That has is been my curve. Brand new losing all the time, getting a little bit better winning a fight every once in awhile, getting some map knowledge starting to win some fights maybe even almost half of them if it's you know 1v1 or 1v2 or 2v2, to now where I am wearing armor that doesn't matter and helmets that don't do anything apparently because most of the time I get shot it's without any sort of knowledge or warning.

I've been getting slapped super hard the last week or so. To the point where I am almost reverting back to my newbie loadouts that way I'm not irritated when I get dropped out of nowhere.

The amount of insta headshots I've been getting lately is a little bit ridiculous. Yesterday I was wearing nice armor helmet and a face shield and was one tapped in the ear without even knowing that someone was there. It's definitely leading to me playing a lot less.

Edit: also I have devoted a lot of time to finding a ratchet, and I have not seen a single one yet even though I am checking all of the toolboxes stashes and sports bags that I possibly can

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Maybe I'm too old school, but I just want a game where everybody is on a level playing field. Seems like every game lately has been tilting the table more and more, not just to favor those who spend money on the game, but to punish those who don't until they give in and open their wallets. Hence my hesitance to even start with Tarkov.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Its Happening! posted:

Maybe I'm too old school, but I just want a game where everybody is on a level playing field. Seems like every game lately has been tilting the table more and more, not just to favor those who spend money on the game, but to punish those who don't until they give in and open their wallets. Hence my hesitance to even start with Tarkov.

Honestly if you want Tarkov without all the extraneous parts, you've got Hunt. If something about Hunt doesn't do it for you, guns, mechanics, whatever, you've got things like Squad, Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum, larger scale, more pseudo-realistic team based shooters, basically hardcore Battlefields. Failing that, people still play the poo poo out of Battlefield 3 & 4 if you want modern ones and 1 and 5 (jesus christ Battlefield names) still see a fair player base most of the day.

Ultimately I don't think Tarkov is gonna be what you want, given what you've said.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

bird cooch posted:

I've been getting slapped super hard the last week or so. To the point where I am almost reverting back to my newbie loadouts that way I'm not irritated when I get dropped out of nowhere.

The amount of insta headshots I've been getting lately is a little bit ridiculous. Yesterday I was wearing nice armor helmet and a face shield and was one tapped in the ear without even knowing that someone was there. It's definitely leading to me playing a lot less.

You’re not the first person I’ve seen say this lately and I’ve been feeling the slap down lately a lot too. I don’t know what it is but it was a drastic turn about a week ago. Lots of headshots from the hip and snipes from nowhere. It’s been extremely disheartening, honestly.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
One of the biggest quest changes they have planned is to make every quest involving any sort of item work like the customs/factory quest where you have to find it in one raid and place it in another different raid without dying, or else start over.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bussamove posted:

You’re not the first person I’ve seen say this lately and I’ve been feeling the slap down lately a lot too. I don’t know what it is but it was a drastic turn about a week ago. Lots of headshots from the hip and snipes from nowhere. It’s been extremely disheartening, honestly.

I'm always wary of calling cheats but the person I typically duo with and I have had a number of deaths lately where we both get pop-pop one tap headshot by the same person in a split second which is about as close as it comes to being obvious. Even if it's not a genuine rise in illegitimate kills, Twitch drops for games like Tarkov, Hunt et al do tend to draw out the most vicious goddamn people for some reason, just absolute nightmares.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

ShowTime posted:

So why did they go MIA? Just to avoid a fight? Am I missing something?

Just trying to figure out why they went MIA instead of just leaving, but it helped them complete a quest.

Because it was Delivery From The Past, the exits were behind the dropoff room and the other underground one (not the one near the electrial panels mechanic wants you to gently caress with) and I didn't want to do a customs (or factory) run again.

If I wanted a fight I'd be playing customs and running straight to east bank (or more importantly, not bringing an easily-losable quest item into the raid) which I did a bit later where I found the guy wearing a zhuk and a headset who didn't try and fight back when I tried to crawl into his bush (maybe he thought I was actually that stupid that I would see shoes in a bush and not start shooting)

because I'm largely playing solo, I'm also ratting the gently caress out of everything and engaging only when I have to (or am 111% confident I've got them). It's much more stressful relaxing that way

pnutz fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 13, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Orv posted:

I'm always wary of calling cheats but the person I typically duo with and I have had a number of deaths lately where we both get pop-pop one tap headshot by the same person in a split second which is about as close as it comes to being obvious. Even if it's not a genuine rise in illegitimate kills, Twitch drops for games like Tarkov, Hunt et al do tend to draw out the most vicious goddamn people for some reason, just absolute nightmares.

What usually makes me stop for the night is getting facetapped within a second of poking my head out from behind cover. A lot of the time yes, it’s because they knew I was there from noise or whatever, but sometimes it just feels wrong. Or bad. Or both!

On the subject of lots of complaining about the game, I’ve been making GBS threads up the thread with my own lately and its because I enjoy the game so much, so the flaws that keep cropping up feel that much worse. This is my first wipe but seeing bitcoin spiral out of control and murder the economy, while stupid idea after stupid idea was tried to fix it when the one they finally hit on was there the whole time, is frustrating as all hell. With the next wipe and starting with all these changes the rouble creep should be a lot slower and the problem of the sweatlord switch flipping and everyone suddenly only running the best ammo/mods shouldn’t happen quite so quickly. It still will which is why I’m in favor of periodic (and predictable) wipes every so often to even the playing field even briefly gearwise, but it won’t be as fast as this apparently was.

Orv
May 4, 2011
An ARPG style seasonal system would be a huge boon to the game and while I'm sure they're fully aware of it I'm also sure they probably won't implement it until the game is 'done' which is rough.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Been a few days since I played and even with the BTC nerf i'm loving having some passive income. Feels good to not play for a weekend and have more money than when I stopped playing. If this is what true Tarkov feels like, i'm about it.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

Its Happening! posted:

I feel you on that. Almost every game these days has some form of progression. I think players like to feel they are making progress and unlocking things. Companies love it to sell their pay to win versions. Tarkov does give an advantage if you pay for EOD with a bigger stash, better starting items and a few other things. With that said you can buy the basic edition and upgrade later by paying the difference if you want to the higher end version. Best time is to wait for a sale. Also the game itself requires a lot of map knowledge and item knowledge. Even if you pay for the fancy version you are going to have to put in a ton of time and effort to become "good" at the game. You can get stomped by someone with the basic edition who has put in the time. The progression in tarkov makes sense too it does not feel forced in.

There are two other games I play right now that have a level playing field.

COD Warzone : Really tight Battle Royale and everyone starts off with nothing. The customized loadout drop is slightly annoying as it is progression based.
DOTA 2 - Not at all like Tarkov but still a fun game if you like MOBA and everyone starts the same.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
How big do you all think the found in raid change with the secure containers really is? Just curious. Not trying to stir up a conflict. Honestly, just curious. The found in raid change made it so that regardless of your stash, you gotta get out with an item to make it sellable on the flea. You've got your basic 4-slot, then the 6-slot, then 8-slot, 9-slot and finally the 12-slot. You usually have a docs case or a S I C C in your secure eating up 2 slots. What else do you usually have the eats up your secure container slots? I carry my meds in the secure container, but only at the start of the raid until I fill it with other items or need super quick access to the meds. My Golden Star is almost always in there, because why shouldn't it be? You use it once every 5 minutes and it takes like, 10 seconds to use or something? Might as well leave it in there and use it as needed. Especially with every use costing like 20k. Everything else is so cheap you should just have it in your normal inventory for quick use and to save slots in your secure container, but really only for items that sell to a trader for enough to cover their cost. Unless it's something super valuable on the flea, the disparity between your secure container and regular inventory isn't all that much. If you really want to sell something for a lot of money, it's gotta make it out with you, in which case, the difference between the secure container and your regular inventory isn't all that much.

I guess I was just suddenly having a ponder about how good the secure container is these days and was curious what everyone else thought. Yes, the upgrade of 1-slot, 2-slots, 3-slot or even 6-slots is worth it, but honestly, by how much? It's not as game breaking as it used to be. Having a kappa doesn't suddenly mean you can make 1mil more in a raid because now you can stuff 1 more gpu up your butt than you could before.

I guess, having played for awhile now, since the FIR change, and having played before the FIR change, I really prefer things as they are now, with the exception of the crazy income you can generate from the BTC farm. I think that once they nail that, we are really gonna be looking at the start of a healthy economy. What else do we complain about in the economy other than BTC? Again, not trying to stir up anything or to have one opinion or another. But if we had a fair BTC farm, what would the next economy problem be?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

ShowTime posted:

How big do you all think the found in raid change with the secure containers really is? Just curious. Not trying to stir up a conflict. Honestly, just curious. The found in raid change made it so that regardless of your stash, you gotta get out with an item to make it sellable on the flea. You've got your basic 4-slot, then the 6-slot, then 8-slot, 9-slot and finally the 12-slot. You usually have a docs case or a S I C C in your secure eating up 2 slots. What else do you usually have the eats up your secure container slots? I carry my meds in the secure container, but only at the start of the raid until I fill it with other items or need super quick access to the meds. My Golden Star is almost always in there, because why shouldn't it be? You use it once every 5 minutes and it takes like, 10 seconds to use or something? Might as well leave it in there and use it as needed. Especially with every use costing like 20k. Everything else is so cheap you should just have it in your normal inventory for quick use and to save slots in your secure container, but really only for items that sell to a trader for enough to cover their cost. Unless it's something super valuable on the flea, the disparity between your secure container and regular inventory isn't all that much. If you really want to sell something for a lot of money, it's gotta make it out with you, in which case, the difference between the secure container and your regular inventory isn't all that much.

I guess I was just suddenly having a ponder about how good the secure container is these days and was curious what everyone else thought. Yes, the upgrade of 1-slot, 2-slots, 3-slot or even 6-slots is worth it, but honestly, by how much? It's not as game breaking as it used to be. Having a kappa doesn't suddenly mean you can make 1mil more in a raid because now you can stuff 1 more gpu up your butt than you could before.

I guess, having played for awhile now, since the FIR change, and having played before the FIR change, I really prefer things as they are now, with the exception of the crazy income you can generate from the BTC farm. I think that once they nail that, we are really gonna be looking at the start of a healthy economy. What else do we complain about in the economy other than BTC? Again, not trying to stir up anything or to have one opinion or another. But if we had a fair BTC farm, what would the next economy problem be?

I like it

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

ShowTime posted:

Been a few days since I played and even with the BTC nerf i'm loving having some passive income. Feels good to not play for a weekend and have more money than when I stopped playing. If this is what true Tarkov feels like, i'm about it.

*plays for 150 hours and still not even lvl 20*

Yeah sure would be nice to make millions for doing nothing in-game and to never worry about losing your gear to a random face tap 30 mins into a raid after completing two quests that require extracting alive for the sixth time in a row.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Are you calling me out for not being lvl 20 yet?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I like the game a lot, but it is schizophrenic.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

*plays for 150 hours and still not even lvl 20*

Yeah sure would be nice to make millions for doing nothing in-game and to never worry about losing your gear to a random face tap 30 mins into a raid after completing two quests that require extracting alive for the sixth time in a row.

I did chemical part 3 ( think that's it, info from dorms) more than a dozen times. Everybody likes to camp the area and shoot the people who come out with the Chad loot.

I have been trying to do chemical part for but I legitimately had to find a YouTube video so that I can figure out where in the corner of what drawer in the beach room is a syringe that I also have to make it out with.

It is very difficult to quest and also deal with the people that are out just playing a battle royale.

This is my favorite game right now, but whatever comes along and does this style better is going nto snatch me up in a heartbeat.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 13, 2021

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Not just bitching...clearly I enjoy the game and will keep playing it but there's like two entirely different games within tarkov once you get passive income.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ShowTime posted:

How big do you all think the found in raid change with the secure containers really is? Just curious.

I think as long as they're selling EOD with the stash increase and the container upgrade it's always going to be some level of paying for power or at the very least major convenience. Think about how much money someone starting out in Tarkov throws away on average; unneeded meds, ammo, whatever they lose when they inevitably get clapped by some gear lord on their first two hundred raids. Even if ultimately a gamma is only saving them 10-15k in meds every run by not losing those meds, it adds up with how fast your average new player bleeds money before they start learning when and what to shove into that gamma instead. God knows I still occasionally loot practically worthless poo poo because I can't be assed to cross-check or remember every flea price.

I don't think it's as drastic a benefit as it used to be, having EOD but it's never going to suddenly stop being an advantage.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Not just bitching...clearly I enjoy the game and will keep playing it but there's like two entirely different games within tarkov once you get passive income.

I do completely agree with this. I got into this a lot on the Discord with people who clearly had a large passive income but felt like it didn't affect the normal play through. Rushing to your BTC farm in the first week and then getting your Kappa in the second is gonna give you a completely different view of the game. I don't care that you've been playing for 3 years and have "been there before". What people went through in year 1 of this game is completely different than what people are going through now.

I think that going into the next wipe will be the best wipe we've seen in awhile. There is still gonna be a gap, for sure, but it's not gonna be completely inflated like it is now. Pestily, LVNDMARK, etc, are still gonna have a huge advantage. But they play a gently caress ton and should have that. Now, not every lvl 34 with a few hours to spare every week is gonna get his BTC farm going and have 1mil coming in every day. That is assuming they continue with the BTC nerfs. When so many people have that income, you see massive inflation. When streamers and other hardcore players have that income, you won't see as massive of inflation.\

For what it's worth, I thin Slicks have gone down about 100-200k already.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I finally upgraded to edge of darkness after about 400 hours just for quality of life. I got tired of grinding for money for stash upgrades so that I could set up multiple loadouts. It was taking me a lot longer to regear after raids with my duos and trios.

I really enjoy the sneaky scroungy survival aspect of this game. I like the fights where I bump into somebody else and we spend a good deal of time circling and shooting and then the best person wins.

As someone who has joined the game at the stage I'm a little confused as to the games original intentions. It seems like the factions should actually matter, but they don't at all. There is an entire backside to the game built without the front side. I don't spend much time in the PVP areas unless I have a quest there because of the folks who just come in mega geared just to farm the folks who are trying to do their quest or just a fight.

Like I said earlier, the game's a little schizophrenic. Some places it's striving for realism some places its just magic land.

All of the recent changes and nerfs have done nothing but make the game better for me.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea, in some ways it's definitely trying too much to be a simulator, but in other ways going way too far in the direction of being a game. Just the idea of having a bitcoin farm in the middle of a war zone is hilarious to me. I'm really out here fighting for my life, scrounging up food, water, ammunition while evading the local power dynamics and trying to get graphics card for a bitcoin farm?! That's absolutely hilarious.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Yea, in some ways it's definitely trying too much to be a simulator, but in other ways going way too far in the direction of being a game. Just the idea of having a bitcoin farm in the middle of a war zone is hilarious to me. I'm really out here fighting for my life, scrounging up food, water, ammunition while evading the local power dynamics and trying to get graphics card for a bitcoin farm?! That's absolutely hilarious.

Personally for me I am all about anything that slows the game down a little bit. More scrounging ect

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
As far as I can tell/have read about, the plethora of loot is being used to test weapon and armor stats, much like the current raid format of being able to run any map is being used to stress test map angles and player flow.

Eventually, once those are defined as “balanced”, they’ll start scaling back the loot quantities by a lot. The “first step” of open world with labs only being accessible by traveling through Streets to a specific extract will be interesting to watch.

Of course it’s a beta and who knows where Nikita will end up taking it since the current format is so popular.

As far as secure containers go, I think it’s a great change. Anything that incentivizes surviving a raid and staying in longer is a plus for me. Beforehand it was a rush to the expensive loot so you could shove it into your container, covering the cost of your kit you could now PVP freely with. Nowadays I just keep expensive meds and ammo I would rather not have to replace in it.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
At this point how many years of data do they need in order to produce a balanced product?

I like the game but I’ve moved on from playing the same thing every 6-9 months.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

InevitableCheese posted:

As far as I can tell/have read about, the plethora of loot is being used to test weapon and armor stats, much like the current raid format of being able to run any map is being used to stress test map angles and player flow.

The *testing* and *gathering data* seems to be something I see come out of reddit - but I haven't seen BSG actually say that this is their intent.

I'm going to go with the more likely and simple scenario - BSG has no idea what they are doing and are flailing around wildly with no clear priorities or directions beyond what Nikita sees in his morning bottle of Stoli.

I love the game, but there is no 5D Chess going on here and no grand data gathering.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

At this point how many years of data do they need in order to produce a balanced product?

I like the game but I’ve moved on from playing the same thing every 6-9 months.

It's still one of my favorite games but I regularly quit for 6-9 months before coming back for a bit. I'm currently on my most recent playthrough and am probably gonna burn through my inventory on some wild loadouts and then quit until next wipe.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
is only game, why you heff to be mad

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm mad because this game throws money at me, so I can afford everything I've ever wanted, but I enjoy being broke and having to struggle for my loots. That's why i'm mad.

Saying that only semi-jokingly. I do love the gameplay right after a wipe the most. When it's you and the boys terrorizing the map in mall security guard outfits, rolling with hunting rifles and shooting spit wads at each other. Then one of you finds an AK and you pick a fight with some raiders. Suddenly you have some decent weapons, some decent armor and scrap together enough roubles to buy some 855A1 or AP 6.3, but you know that if you gently caress around someone is gonna face tap you and take it all away, sending you back to broke.

That lasts for about a day and then you just do Interchange runs for money and can buy anything you want off the flea market.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
what are the pros/cons of this game

I like games that have big flaws as long as they do some things really, really well. Would that accurately describe Tarkov? An old friend is trying to convince me to play.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Khorne posted:

I like games that have big flaws as long as they do some things really, really well. Would that accurately describe Tarkov? An old friend is trying to convince me to play.

The fights are great, and the fact that you risk everything on you every time you get into a spat can really get you going. It is an intense game. It's worth the flaws and the learning curve is a wall you have to chisel through with your head.

People feel strongly about it because the game inspires those feelings.

I like it a lot. It's hard af.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 14, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011

Khorne posted:

Pros:
- Best in class shooting. No game has the gun feel, recoil skill (occasionally mitigated by gun building) and general play making of Tarkov.
- Intricate, large maps. Occasionally a downside but more often than not allows for big plays and playing the game the way you want, avoiding conflict etc.
- Gun building. Systems like the gun building from the most recent few Ghost Recons or Call of Dutys, where you can swap out just about every major accessory, taken to absurd extremes. Swap out literally every major functional piece of anything bigger than a handgun and strap all sorts of dumb poo poo to handguns to compensate.
- Intensity. A long-standing buzzword for shooters in particular but after your first time sitting still for thirty minutes (rare but it happens) listening for the slightest sound to give your opponent away, only for it to end in seconds in a blaze of explosions and gunfire? You'll be back for more.

Cons:
- Extremely, viciously unkind to newcomers. Old meme graphs about games learning curves would put Tarkov going backwards off the X axis for several miles. You will spend days, weeks or even months dying in inexplicable, fantastical ways before it starts to make sense. Familiarity with other high lethality shooters will help, as will friends to carry you, but it's gonna suck for a while.
- Extraneous systems/mechanics. Tarkov leans into REALISM in a way that few games ever have and probably goes a little too far, bogging down the good shooting parts with some things that just don't need to be there except for fetishistic, actually-not-that-realistic reasons. This is probably the most variable con for most people, some people like a lot of it and some of them do genuinely add to the experience.
- Questionably competent or motivated dev team. Long stretches of bad gameplay decisions and design, only finally or half fixed, decisions made in light of things that don't seem to make much sense from the player side and a general distaste for increasing playability of the game in general. A definite sense of "our vision" marred by some dumb design. Ultimately something that only a few people drop the game for but it's something to be aware of. One day, years from now, the Tarkov that exists now may be completely gone, unlikely as it is.

Orv fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 14, 2021

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
A very good summary. Don't downplay point #3 as just the usual gamer sour grapes, either- I don't think I've ever seen a developer so hostile to their own player base, lol

Orv
May 4, 2011
Have they completely eliminated the bag of holding/tardis effect on everything but the various cases? Seems like everything but the cases and the docs/keyring I've found since playing again now takes up its actual size in inventory but I've probably just missed something.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Orv posted:

Have they completely eliminated the bag of holding/tardis effect on everything but the various cases? Seems like everything but the cases and the docs/keyring I've found since playing again now takes up its actual size in inventory but I've probably just missed something.

They got rid of stacking infinite backpacks if that’s what you mean

Orv
May 4, 2011

InevitableCheese posted:

They got rid of stacking infinite backpacks if that’s what you mean

I mean things having a larger internal inventory in grid spaces/size than they take up themselves.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Orv posted:

I mean things having a larger internal inventory in grid spaces/size than they take up themselves.

Most rigs will have more item space than the rig occupies itself, so it is usually best to put a dead player's rig into your backpack to increase capacity.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Orv posted:

Pros:
- Best in class shooting. No game has the gun feel, recoil skill (occasionally mitigated by gun building) and general play making of Tarkov.
- Intricate, large maps. Occasionally a downside but more often than not allows for big plays and playing the game the way you want, avoiding conflict etc.
- Gun building. Systems like the gun building from the most recent few Ghost Recons or Call of Dutys, where you can swap out just about every major accessory, taken to absurd extremes. Swap out literally every major functional piece of anything bigger than a handgun and strap all sorts of dumb poo poo to handguns to compensate.
- Intensity. A long-standing buzzword for shooters in particular but after your first time sitting still for thirty minutes (rare but it happens) listening for the slightest sound to give your opponent away, only for it to end in seconds in a blaze of explosions and gunfire? You'll be back for more.

Cons:
- Extremely, viciously unkind to newcomers. Old meme graphs about games learning curves would put Tarkov going backwards off the X axis for several miles. You will spend days, weeks or even months dying in inexplicable, fantastical ways before it starts to make sense. Familiarity with other high lethality shooters will help, as will friends to carry you, but it's gonna suck for a while.
- Extraneous systems/mechanics. Tarkov leans into REALISM in a way that few games ever have and probably goes a little too far, bogging down the good shooting parts with some things that just don't need to be there except for fetishistic, actually-not-that-realistic reasons. This is probably the most variable con for most people, some people like a lot of it and some of them do genuinely add to the experience.
- Questionably competent or motivated dev team. Long stretches of bad gameplay decisions and design, only finally or half fixed, decisions made in light of things that don't seem to make much sense from the player side and a general distaste for increasing playability of the game in general. A definite sense of "our vision" marred by some dumb design. Ultimately something that only a few people drop the game for but it's something to be aware of. One day, years from now, the Tarkov that exists now may be completely gone, unlikely as it is.

This is a great summary of what Tarkov is and I think it should go in the OP

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
There's deffo some new cheats going around. We were all one tapped in the had as a three man (not bunched) in cover on shoreline last night.

One after the other. Ping ping ping.

First one got dropped, ok
The second guy and I go dropped immediately after.

I was inside the collapsed gun building. Wooo.

Notlikethis.gif

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 14, 2021

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This is a great summary of what Tarkov is and I think it should go in the OP

Agreed, I was nodding while reading the whole thing.

I've been playing a lot of SP Tarkov end enjoying it tremendously. There's a few quest bugs but all the mods more than make up for it. Plus no hackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

Agreed, I was nodding while reading the whole thing.

I've been playing a lot of SP Tarkov end enjoying it tremendously. There's a few quest bugs but all the mods more than make up for it. Plus no hackers.

I've been meaning to give that a try. Does it require a new account or anything like that?