Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
My favorite little moment in the X Files is I believe in the bee episode when scully says some poo poo to Mulder and he just says “Scully, you smell bad” and walks away lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tetramin posted:

My favorite little moment in the X Files is I believe in the bee episode when scully says some poo poo to Mulder and he just says “Scully, you smell bad” and walks away lol

It was the cockroach episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXYKRrWm3Ac

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why bother? Interstellar aliens have surely got automated systems more reliable than any human slave.

why does anything do anything?

its a sex thing, op

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
like, we didnt go to the moon b/c it was easy, but b/c JFK was hard

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

New weather balloon ufo photos, taken by Navy pilots.

There's also a video of a triangle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSV0bhKO0nI

The most intriguing one is an object which disappears into the ocean, but we don't have videos of that, just a couple of photos.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
More like unidentified flying COWARDS.

Come down here and fight me.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

it dont matter posted:

New weather balloon ufo photos, taken by Navy pilots.

There's also a video of a triangle

The most intriguing one is an object which disappears into the ocean, but we don't have videos of that, just a couple of photos.

The Puerto Rico UAP goes into the water and meets up with a buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1qiZ_L8wX4

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Butternubs posted:

More like unidentified flying COWARDS.

Come down here and probe me.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The Puerto Rico UAP goes into the water and meets up with a buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1qiZ_L8wX4

This one is a Chinese Lantern

http://www.ipaco.fr/EN_IFO_B_heart_130425.pdf

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

showing the aliens my nutsack with a lantern

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Are you actually convinced by that theory? Reading through that it, it seems to have some pretty large holes and logical leaps.

it dont matter posted:

The triangle one is pretty freaky and cool

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

I'm too lazy to read the latest posts, can someone just tell me if the aliens are here yet? I've been prepping my rear end in a top hat for a deep probe'n every day in the vain hope of becoming the intergalactic equivalent of a street corner hooker.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Spandex Bonerlord posted:

I'm too lazy to read the latest posts, can someone just tell me if the aliens are here yet? I've been prepping my rear end in a top hat for a deep probe'n every day in the vain hope of becoming the intergalactic equivalent of a street corner hooker.

yeah, they're here but they are only interested in buzzing navy ships.

aliens are real, but only interested in village people songs :shrug: i assume there would be a commensurate amount of ymca sightings if they could afford high powered radar and intercept aircraft.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Play posted:

The triangle one is pretty freaky and cool

The guys who brought us this stuff (George Knapp and Jeremy Corbell) are saying that the triangles were freakin flying pyramids.
https://www.mysterywire.com/ufo/mystery-wire-podcast-new-ufo-photos-and-video/

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Someone oughta go to Egypt and count the drat things! I bet at least one's missing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i read a whole book on triangle ufos. they tend to hover low and move real slow then just zip off. the last chapter was kind of a buzzkill though because they crunched the numbers and the vast majority of sightings are at night and only in like 1% of cases does someone actually observe some kind of structure between the lights. so most people are just seeing three lights at night that could be anything and going from there.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i read a whole book on triangle ufos. they tend to hover low and move real slow then just zip off. the last chapter was kind of a buzzkill though because they crunched the numbers and the vast majority of sightings are at night and only in like 1% of cases does someone actually observe some kind of structure between the lights. so most people are just seeing three lights at night that could be anything and going from there.

And the lights on a plane make it look like a triangle when seen at night because there's one on the tail and one on each wing.

That video was definitely different though, you could clearly see that the structure was a triangle shape (or pyramid, whatever, it looked more like a flat triangle to me but who knows)

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
You guys are aware of Mick West/Metabunk right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g256IPFoqMg

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I sometimes wonder if the blurry nature of ufo videos and photos is what makes them believable. Like, if there were a crystal clear video of aliens flying around would people believe it in this age of inexpensive CGI?

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
It's the low information zone, just too little info to know what it actually is people fill in the gaps with wild imaginations and no investigation. Often you can actually work out what it very likely is but that's not enough for some.

jarlywarly fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 12, 2021

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ok what about the aliens that looked like short michael jacksons who landed their saucer in a zimbabwe schoolyard during recess and telepathically told the children technology will destroy the earth

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Clearly a tornado hit a Midget Luddite Michael Jackson lookalike contest and crossed the Atlantic ocean.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ok what about the aliens that looked like short michael jacksons who landed their saucer in a zimbabwe schoolyard during recess and telepathically told the children technology will destroy the earth

Sounds like something the real MJ would do.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the drawings the kids made were typical greys so i think the fact that the kids' only frame of reference for what they saw was michael jackson, who looks like a grey alien, only adds credibility to the story

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

the drawings the kids made were typical greys so i think the fact that the kids' only frame of reference for what they saw was michael jackson, who looks like a grey alien, only adds credibility to the story

makes u think

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Okay that Triangle is some real rear end poo poo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

2 spooky 4 me

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Makes sense to me.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
no duh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ah, pants so ugly and baggy that it's impossible to be anally probed. Smart.

Meanwhile they'll split my skinny jeans like tissue paper and get right in there

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Woah this guys back pocket has a cool dragon stitched into it. That rear end is dangerous

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

The one on the left can kinda pull it off but on the right we have an alien who read about pants on wikipedia

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you guys know nothing about sex appeal or fashion

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Play posted:

Are you actually convinced by that theory? Reading through that it, it seems to have some pretty large holes and logical leaps.

It's easily the most plausible theory so far.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I've seen other analysis that says it's definitely not moving in a straight line so I'm really not sure.

Similar to the Beaver Mountain vid I posted there's reasonably convincing analysis that says it's likely a falcon, but that relies on the object flickering exactly on that far ridgeline being a coincidental camera artifact which...idk maybe?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

who knows. didn't all those ufos captured from space shuttle or iss footage turn out to be frozen astronaut piss?

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

I saw a triangle in the sky once. It was of the "three lights at night" variety, but it was pretty cool. They looked like satellites -- not blinking, no sound, just plain white dots. They were in a large equilateral triangle shape moving across the sky apparently in formation. It was a big triangle, I mean each side was maybe as long as the Big Dipper. I've read that some spy satellites orbit in formation like that, don't know if that's true or not. I could see how someone could see that at night and think it's one big giant triangle spaceship. I watched it long enough to notice stars passing through the triangle shape, so I figured it was just satellites... possibly under alien control?!?!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that was frozen astronaut piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

raspurtin posted:

I saw a triangle in the sky once. It was of the "three lights at night" variety, but it was pretty cool. They looked like satellites -- not blinking, no sound, just plain white dots. They were in a large equilateral triangle shape moving across the sky apparently in formation. It was a big triangle, I mean each side was maybe as long as the Big Dipper. I've read that some spy satellites orbit in formation like that, don't know if that's true or not. I could see how someone could see that at night and think it's one big giant triangle spaceship. I watched it long enough to notice stars passing through the triangle shape, so I figured it was just satellites... possibly under alien control?!?!

With how many starlink satellites are in orbit these days, this is gonna become more and more frequent. I'm an astronomer and I camp in the desert a lot and it's hella noticeable.