Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

all i see here is dedication to the canon of the raw after wrestlemania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drew heard the choo choo noise which allowed him to get out of the way of braun's move

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fitting one of the dumbest wrestlemanias is followed up by one of the worst if not the worst post WM Raws I have ever loving seen

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i get that part of the raw after mania is that you have the hottest Raw crowd of the year so even dud segments can turn legendary(like when they poo poo on Sheamus and Orton so much one year that the match broke down), but they should have still at least tried to make this one good imo

also I'm wayyyyy more forgiving of Fiend/Bray/Alexa bullshit than most but that alexa segment was too dumb for me and when the doll gnashed its teeth I started laughing like a lovecraftian character who'd just gone mad after looking in a portal

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

tee-bar?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If WWE are fine with having big crowds at Wrestlemania why are they still shy about having crowds at Raw?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Seams posted:

If WWE are fine with having big crowds at Wrestlemania why are they still shy about having crowds at Raw?

id presume bc they dont have an open air facility to use for weekly events. also bc vince likes controlling the screen ppl.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

and MACE

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The more and more I'm of the mind set that these people should get a month off after Mania. Just let them rest go home, everyone looks so burned out and everything was so loving sloppy. It sucks that in this business the only way you can really give yourself some time off is if you severely injure yourself.

On the other hand they choose to work for WWE, so I'm conflicted.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Austin's interview with Jericho was any indication, Vince wants his talent burned out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I still can't believe I successfully summoned retribution

Tell me your WWE wishes, friends

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Intruder posted:

I still can't believe I successfully summoned retribution

Tell me your WWE wishes, friends
I wish that we would get more LORE OF THE SHEAMUS, which is far greater than the LORE OF THE FIEND could ever be.

BIRTH, DEATH & RESSURRECTION OF SOS & THE EMERGENCE OF BAWN...

Sheamus O'Shaunessy was mortal... Born natural to a Father and Mother on the shores of Dubh Linn in an Epoch of Celtic Myths and Legends. His youth saw him grow fast and strong into a feared warrior gaining a hero's reputation on the battlefields of Erin, far too quickly in some estimations. As foreign invaders attacked from the North & the South his Clan and he pushed them back into the sea many times. But it was the fueds between the indigenous Celtic Tribes that would see him transcend mortality and ultimately become Cursed...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Braun's new gear has extreme "Iraq war veteran just got home and took on a construction job but hasn't had the time to buy civilian clothes yet" energy

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Will never cease to amaze me that they've made Braun Strowman of all people into Just Another Dude

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Maxwell Lord posted:

Will never cease to amaze me that they've made Braun Strowman of all people into Just Another Dude

They did it to much better guys than him

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

They did it to much better guys than him

But he seemed specifically like the kinda guy they'd be high on.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Just watched the clip of Alexa and Lily. I miss the Alexa from 2016.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Nick Jr. Face posted:

why was braun wrestling with a shirt on

Well, he's actually quite lean and has abs. So they treat him like Owens.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMuqZdZB-XV/?igshid=l0afyu2zla0s

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
he was insanely slobby just a year or so ago, he's trimmed up

he's wearing a shirt because he's literally channeling his inner chud, he's just showing up in his everyday clothes

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Day 9 of the 9 day WWE grind approaches..... we did it

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

nerdrum posted:

Are you familiar with T_BAR or MACSE? they're both in the hurt locker now nad it's gonna be a PRETTY interesting backlash if you ask me

a pretty interesting wrestlemania: backlash

also they havent done main roster call ups on the raw after mania for a few years now, since they regularly started doing a "draft" a week or two later

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There have been worse post mania Raws but that one might be the most boring.

Seams posted:

Who knows but it’s the only good thing WWE is doing.

Jiro posted:

The more and more I'm of the mind set that these people should get a month off after Mania. Just let them rest go home, everyone looks so burned out and everything was so loving sloppy. It sucks that in this business the only way you can really give yourself some time off is if you severely injure yourself.

I used to be a proponent of a wrestling off season but the roster is so big now that just rotating some dudes away after Backlash would probably be enough (they kind of do anyway but they could go farther).

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's really telling that the most genuinely funny part of Raw was totally by accident and the camera cuts away almost immediately. Weirder so since it involved Miz and his pants getting shredded unintentionally. Also Maryse falling rear end backwards while trying to cover his dick bulge up.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Who could POSSIBLY care about anything that happened on that episode of Raw

That sounds like the worst three hours of television ever recorded.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BrigadierSensible posted:

So leaning into Sweater Bray? Is he still all kiddie-show friendly, or is he leaning in a new direction?

Honestly this is what they should have done from the start, and definitely after the Firefly Funhouse Match, focus on the weird reality warping stuff that can happen in the Funhouse, and only bring out The Fiend as the Nuclear option

Kunabomber posted:

seriously this raw was insane with the amount of botches, i lost it when braun had to sell a lovely neckbreaker

edit: actually looking at it again, it looks like he forgot to sell and then did it well after the fact

I'm probably one of Braun's biggest fans on this site and yeah that was bad

Jiro posted:

WWE's roster is so big they could easily accommodate a thing where half the roster each does a 3 months on, 3 months off schedule(or a 6 months on, 6 months off version) and all three main shows(and I guess 205 Live and Main Event*) would still have rosters more than full enough for their needs

*these shows really don't need to exist, hell I've had a Hulu account for about 5 years now and I've never seen an episode of Main Event or pretty much any advertising for it ever

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If Austin's interview with Jericho was any indication, Vince wants his talent burned out

More likely answer is that Vince doesn't understand the concept of burnout at all considering what we know of his work and sleep schedule

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Rhea is the second greatest NXT women’s champion after Charlotte

The AEW brain worms are infecting the thread

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's a bit out there to put Rhea ahead of Paige, Sasha, and Asuka's run on NXT

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

IO?!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m getting worked by an AEW superfan who calls himself “jungle boy”, after one of their 700 YouTube jobbers.

Now to sit down with my favourite show Main Event

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There’s a dude who posts here who loves the fiend. It’s not me, don’t say that

It's me, I've always loved Bray Wyatt. I'm sad at what happened at WM but not surprised. Cutting Bray off at the knees is what WWE has done consistently for years.

I found this on Reddit

quote:

Reposted because apparently this is a “Raw spoiler”

Fightful Select: Original Plan for Fiend vs Randy Orton at WrestleMania

Fightful select is reporting that the OG plan for this match was for the Fiend to go over Randy Orton. This was the plan till Friday. Those involved with the angle went on to say that they were never given an ‘endgame’ aside from writing Orton off tv for a good period.

A surprise finish was pitched by Vince and Bruce Prichard and were instrumental to the change.

“We were told that management seemed happy with the finish as it played out, but talent we've heard from were exceedingly confused”

Credit to ackinsocraycray for that quote I missed it

Dunno if it's true or not but makes sense.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m very tempted to throw this post Mania raw on while I work. Interesting reading how bad Rhea Asuka was. I thought their mania match was awful, I’ve no idea why you’d rerun that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If your brain is too busy dealing with the stress of constant grind, niggling physical injuries and never getting enough sleep then it doesn't have the energy to think thoughts like 'why do I have to pay for my own travel?', 'it's not fair to take a cut of my side income' or 'I should have health insurance'

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Kinda knew the Fiend stuff on Mania was gonna be a clusterfuck after reading this:

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/alexa-bliss-addresses-the-rumor-about-her-wearing-a-mask-at-wwe-wrestlemania/

quote:

During an appearance on the Battleground podcast this week, Alexa Bliss was asked about the rumor about her wearing a mask at WrestleMania. She said, “Honestly, I don’t know. Everything we find out, we kind of find out the morning of. As of now, no. I have some really cool makeup plans, but a mask, I’m not so sure about.”

Biggest show of the year, no talent informed of what's going on until they wake up that morning, totally normal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

big news from last night is no more Michael Cole on Raw. I wonder if that's why he sounded so poo poo on Sunday, he probably only found out that day

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michael Cole literally botched the call of the main event pinfall.

Demote him to calling minor league basketball games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the new dude sounds like such a dweeb

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Maxwell Lord posted:

But he seemed specifically like the kinda guy they'd be high on.

See Braun was infamously terrible in the ring and the fans didn't warm to himn at all, then he became BRAUN and a ridiculous caricature and suddenly he got beloved with I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU.

The problem was he wasn't supposed to get over as BRAUN, he was supposed to be another Giant for Roman Reigns to overcome and instead BRAUN was getting cheered rather than feared. Just another man caught in the Roman Reigns-Charlotte Flair Push Hurricane.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Quantum of Phallus posted:

big news from last night is no more Michael Cole on Raw. I wonder if that's why he sounded so poo poo on Sunday, he probably only found out that day

Cole wasn't on Raw, Tom Phillips is the one who got moved. Well, him and Joe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Badman posted:

Cole wasn't on Raw, Tom Phillips is the one who got moved. Well, him and Joe.

oh yeah you're right, my bad.

Well, never mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Phillips sounded very similar to Cole so it is understandable. The main difference is Cole is much more bought in to Vince’s buzzwords.