Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

KozmoNaut posted:

That is certainly on the to-do list, gently caress Nordea.

And gently caress Nalle Wahlroos in particular.

edit: When I was a baby my parents made an account for me in the local bank (Andelsbanken), that's still my bank. I've never switched banks or shopped around like people seem to do. I like this small town bank where I've gone since I was a toddler. Sometimes I feel like I am a relic from some other time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

MiddleOne posted:

Trump ruined and sabotaged international pharmaceutical supply chains for basically no reason so we are all waiting for doses. Also the EU really should learn to stop trusting the US.

Really fucks my goat that the finnish state didn't hop onto the chance of developing our own vaccine back in 2020 when we had a shot at it.

Also the way the EU keeps waffling back and forth on this Astra Zeneca bullshit and how the idiot germans like Merkel got out and said she wouldn't take it. First it wasn't good for over 70s, now it's no good for under 65s, and it leads to clots (apparently the rate of clots is less than that of the background levels in the population, so how can they tell).

I got my AZ dose at least. And my SO will get her 2nd in april.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 31, 2021

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys

V. Illych L. posted:

meanwhile in norway i'm pretty sure our liberals' new leader just fukken killed her party by alienating the last segment of the population which is not socially liberal small-business owners in the major cities sympathetic to it, education-oriented busybodies. they've proposed an education reform so poorly conceived and so clearly unpopular that their own government partners are now distancing from it, and it's the first major policy action by their leader who is also minister of education

they've been pretty smooth operators for most of the government's lifespan and it boggles the mind that they'd disintegrate this badly with a parliamentary election this close

The whole "historie og samfunnsfag er småfag"-quote is such an unforced error, I love it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Who would've thought that Listhaug, who was forced to resign from a minister post, would be a terrible party leader.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Alhazred posted:

Who would've thought that Listhaug, who was forced to resign from a minister post, would be a terrible party leader.

some light purging is practically an FrP tradition, especially on transfers of power. this isn't going to be a big deal i think

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
By going hard on immigrants caused covid she will bring many discontent voters back this summer. If shes snart she will also try to make Frp offically anti EAA. So now the left can stop being so worried about SP growing too big lol.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Baudolino posted:

By going hard on immigrants caused covid she will bring many discontent voters back this summer. If shes snart she will also try to make Frp offically anti EAA. So now the left can stop being so worried about SP growing too big lol.

she's not going to come out against the EEA, she works for people who earn a lot of money off it

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lilljonas posted:

And they have not really managed to do anything lately, while C can point towards successes like getting S to boot the värnskatt.

:lol: that was a L reform. That was their win.

I think it's funny because your comment just sets the finger right on why the party is dying. Their ideas are dogshit due to complete infiltration by lobbyists and no one likes or cares about their policies so even when they do get huge landwins (which they did 2019 for the record) no one gives a poo poo.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 31, 2021

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

MiddleOne posted:

:lol: that was a L reform. That was their win.

I think it's funny because your comment just sets the finger right on why the party is dying. Their ideas are dogshit due to complete infiltration by lobbyists and no one likes or cares about their policies so even when they do get huge landwins (which they did 2019 for the record) no one gives a poo poo.

Lol my bad but agreed, their awful media plays are just as big a part of their problems as their awful politics.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:downsa:

https://politiken.dk/indland/art8158848/PETs-ulovlige-indgreb-m%C3%B8rkl%C3%A6gges-af-ministerium

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Once again there's been vandalism against a Jewish cemetary, obviously committed by NMR, again, but the police are like, "Don't be so quick to judge, it could be imposters, but we are investigating". There is no indication that it's not NMR. Just like last time they were the first to publicise it via Nordfront and plastered flyers all over the place. gently caress the police.

At least DF isn't blaming Muslims.

This time.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What's up with Norway?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Katt posted:

What's up with Norway?

I’m presuming due to not being in the EU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Well well well.....

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

norway suspended the AZ vaccine and is refusing to go outside of the EU-negotiated deal

so in a sense it's the opposite

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fig. 1, a genocide.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

It's positively ghoulish that patenting a lifesaving vaccine is allowed

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
:qq: b... bb.. but orherwise no one would develop them because r&d is expensive. Holding entire counties populations hostage for profit is normal and fine :qq:

(ignores that patents one of the reasons r&d is expensive and that governments pay for most of it, and governments supplies the education/labour and that most medical r&d money goes to boner pill research and blocking other companies research and so on and so on)

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Fig. 1, a genocide.

Nah, you have take into account the average age as well. Africa have a younger average population and is therefore not getting hit as hard. For those that do get hit and need emergency care, the outlook is not particularly good though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cardiac posted:

Nah, you have take into account the average age as well. Africa have a younger average population and is therefore not getting hit as hard. For those that do get hit and need emergency care, the outlook is not particularly good though.

52.5% of COVID ICU patients in Brazil are under 40. P.1 and probably that new PCR-stealthed Indian variant are going to gently caress poo poo up everywhere shortly. But really, what I meant was honouring vaccine patents and doing bidding wars in a global pandemic are tantamount to genocide.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

52.5% of COVID ICU patients in Brazil are under 40. P.1 and probably that new PCR-stealthed Indian variant are going to gently caress poo poo up everywhere shortly. But really, what I meant was honouring vaccine patents and doing bidding wars in a global pandemic are tantamount to genocide.
Not saying that P.1 isn't bad, but I really don't think you can use those ICU numbers as an argument on their own. Increasing the strain on the healthcare system increases mortality rates, as is happening in Brazil, which will result in a literal survival of the fittest situation. And as the fittest are likely to be under 40's, the proportion of under 40's in the ICU goes up. The only number that'd truly tell us the difference between strains would be the proportion of patients (doctors wanted) admitted to the ICU.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The virus raging out of control in areas make it way more likely for new and exciting mutants to arise too. That’s the big worry with Brazil right now. All the vaccinations happening primarily in first world countries is only a short term benefit to them because it shortens the time it will take for a new vaccine resistant variant to emerge.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Not saying that P.1 isn't bad, but I really don't think you can use those ICU numbers as an argument on their own. Increasing the strain on the healthcare system increases mortality rates, as is happening in Brazil, which will result in a literal survival of the fittest situation. And as the fittest are likely to be under 40's, the proportion of under 40's in the ICU goes up. The only number that'd truly tell us the difference between strains would be the proportion of patients (doctors wanted) admitted to the ICU.

It's not the only indication that P.1 is deadlier for younger people and in general, on top of being more infectious, however. But you're right.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Also, if you believe the numbers coming out of Africa, you're a loving idiot. Many places have no testing infrastructure to speak of and certain countries gave up reporting altogether.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So it seems that the Norwegian drug reform we talked about a couple pages back is basically dead, according to what I've read, FrP is out and Ap is only willing to support a compromised version which takes decriminalization off the table.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I always wondered why Scandinavian cultures are so opposed to weed. I think it's racism basically where weed is associated with different-ness.

If you could get stoned from smoking turnip flowers. That stuff would have been at Systembolaget with 20 different imported flavors in 6 months.

People joke that if tobacco was discovered today it would never become legal to smoke. I agree, not for health reason but because of the association with South America.

Katt fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 12, 2021

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Also, if you believe the numbers coming out of Africa, you're a loving idiot. Many places have no testing infrastructure to speak of and certain countries gave up reporting altogether.

On the other hand, several African countries have done a tremendous job at containment with extremely limited resources. Some European pundits just dismiss this success with 'they have a young population and live mostly outdoors', when the truth is that several developing countries are doing a better job than wealthy European nations. There are a lot of places all over the world with a far more sane view of infectious disease and far more skill at coping with limiting spread. Europe seems to have completely forgotten the value of quarantine and practical transmission prevention measures. I mean, we've reached a point where employers and many co-workers will applaud those who show up for work with symptoms of the flu. We've completely lose any respect for respiratory illness, and then many expect the rest of the world to be equally inept and bullheaded.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PederP posted:

On the other hand, several African countries have done a tremendous job at containment with extremely limited resources.

I'm aware, but it's not exactly the norm. It's not unique to African countries, obviously. Russia apparently underreported its deaths by roughly 300,000, same with Mexico. I hope a lot of people loving hang when this is eventually over in a couple of years (hopefully).

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Katt posted:

I always wondered why Scandinavian cultures are so opposed to weed. I think it's racism basically where weed is associated with different-ness.

If you could get stoned from smoking turnip flowers. That stuff would have been at Systembolaget with 20 different imported flavors in 6 months.

People joke that if tobacco was discovered today it would never become legal to smoke. I agree, not for health reason but because of the association with South America.

Because we have more than a hundred years of history and multiple institutional traditions of fighting and tightly regulating access to recreational drugs. For example, here in Sweden decades of anti tobacco campaigns have made everyone well aware of how smoking loving sucks for the smoker and everyone around that person. And since weed is basically smoking with with more bonuses for the smoker, bonuses nobody except stoners or weed enthusiasts know or care about, it is a hard sell to the general public.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zudgemud posted:

And since weed is basically smoking with with more bonuses for the smoker

:raise:

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Read that as mainly less lung cancer and cardiovascular complications as compared to tobacco smoking.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zudgemud posted:

Read that as mainly less lung cancer and cardiovascular complications as compared to tobacco smoking.

A lot more people would probably opt for even less harmful ways to indulge if it was legalised, Americans seem to be all about the vaping and dabbing now.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I would go straight for edibles, myself.

Bake awesome brownies that also get you high? Sounds good to me.

E: Or just go all-in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKjZFmhg5yk

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

A lot more people would probably opt for even less harmful ways to indulge if it was legalised, Americans seem to be all about the vaping and dabbing now.
Vaping causes COVID though.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
As racist as denmark is, I think the reluctance to legalize weed has much more to do with classicism than racism. Weed or hashish wasn't really connected to any immigrant wave or ethnicity in the 70s, 80s, 90s in the public sphere. Mainly it was related to Christiania and hippies coming back from Afghanistan and Goa and eventually biker gangs (the whitest of all white people) bringing it in from morocco etc.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
AP i hope is merely playing a cynical game so they can take credit for the reform when they are in goverment. Otherwise a lot people are gonna needlessy die or have their life ruined this decade just to appease cops and concerned moms in the suburbs.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Baudolino posted:

AP i hope is merely playing a cynical game so they can take credit for the reform when they are in goverment. Otherwise a lot people are gonna needlessy die or have their life ruined this decade just to appease cops and concerned moms in the suburbs.

I guess it's possible, though I don't really know if Sp are ever going to be on board with that kind of reform and I strongly suspect that Ap is going to have to be very attentive to their wishes if they manage to form a government. If this was a cynical move it was probably more to deny Venstre a big win that might have convinced some to go back to voting for them maybe, V or KrF getting above the 4 % threshold are basically the biggest wins the right could land in the coming election after all.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Rest of Europe: Syria is a hellhole and people fleeing one or multiple of the dozens murderious sects (including the government) deserve protection. You know, human rights and all that. I know we've been heartless the last couple of years, but noone would send people back to Syria.

Denmark: Hold my Tuborg.

https://www.dw.com/en/denmark-tells-syrian-refugees-to-return-to-damascus/a-57174584

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fire Mattias Tesfaye.

Out of a cannon.

Into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Denmark just loving sucks. Like seriously they're one of the worsts.