Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Thanks for the offers; I have a T16 capable Barb and I've been running rifts on him and spending the shards on the Wizard. I've been gambling for shoulders for the most part since it looked like one of the smaller pools, but just... nothing.

I am on the LLJK community (US, folks there have suffered my whining these past few days :v:). I'll see about asking for some leech runs next time I log on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Funny, I spent about 400 paragon levels gambling for a specific Andariel's Visage this season.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Funny, I spent about 400 paragon levels gambling for a specific Andariel's Visage this season.

Curious what build uses that? It's an instant salvage for me generally.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.

Suburban Dad posted:

LoD necro mages or wizard twisters

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

So after burning ~12~13k shards on Kadala and not getting a single piece of Firebird's, I decided to upgrade some rares, see if that was a bit luckier.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

gently caress this. See y'all next season.

The trick is to gamble sources. I basically had no firebirds gear drop despite getting a bunch of other sets. I was gambling sources for the explosive blast one and was just getting firebird after firebird source which ended up being great reroll fodder.

e: Might not actually be effective. :v:

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

LOD rat necro. If you've got a consistent 4p group together for early season stuff, building straight into rat/bone spear/znec/zbarb is the easiest way to get characters geared up and farm a ton of xp. My group this season is doing ~2 minute 105s already and I'm in a full set of mostly great ancients before p1200.

edit: the other big upside is that nobody has to bother with their Haedrig's Gifts so, for example, I used mine on an alt DH for faster bounties/rifts.

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 8, 2021

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Closing in on paragon 400 and I still haven’t seen an obsidian ring of the zodiac.

Also I have like 900 deaths breath without even trying.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm over paragon 700 and spent nearly 5k actively looking for a goldwrap before it dropped, freaking RNG.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yeah while I like the follower changes there are some interesting consequences. Balance of materials has obviously shifted so it's now whites, blues and yellows that are more scarce. These are the worst to farm IMO because it forces you to pick up junk to salvage constantly, and it never feels like you have enough. Nothing worse than going to one of the battlefields maps and just clicking armor stands. :haw: Also now I never farm T16 in groups unless it's split bounties. Great for how I play on switch (no online sub) but less incentive to play with other folks now otherwise. Maybe from their data they saw that most people played solo and thought this was ok though, who knows.

Now if only krelm's bracer would emanate so wizard wouldn't get thrown around/feared/etc. constantly. :v: That may be too OP though. Still, it's one of my biggest gripes with the class.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Debating whether it would be better to swap out Aughild's for a Krelm/MoC for that same reason in GR solo progression. Especially given this game's tendency to give me endless knockback/vortex floors and ruin my Taeguk stacks.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I go Barb for the season so i can hold a beer in my other hand. Got haedrigs gift. Upgraded 2 mighty swords and the first two swords i got were bulkathos solemn vow set. Got all that at paragon 50 and now im just spinnin to win.

Rng gonna kill me later for gloating.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Yeah while I like the follower changes there are some interesting consequences. Balance of materials has obviously shifted so it's now whites, blues and yellows that are more scarce. These are the worst to farm IMO because it forces you to pick up junk to salvage constantly, and it never feels like you have enough. Nothing worse than going to one of the battlefields maps and just clicking armor stands. :haw: Also now I never farm T16 in groups unless it's split bounties. Great for how I play on switch (no online sub) but less incentive to play with other folks now otherwise. Maybe from their data they saw that most people played solo and thought this was ok though, who knows.

Split bounties are the best way to get lots of regular mats fast, never pick up whites/blues/yellows. If you have uneven amounts, use the cube to convert them.

Whispering Grass
Sep 26, 2006

Why tell them all the old things? They're buried under the snow.
is there an active d3 goon clan besides the LLJK channel? sorry if I missed it, didn't see anything in the first couple pages of the thread

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
LLJK clan still has active officers but none of the old goon clans are super active these days.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Playing a Crusader with Shield Bash / Shield Glare with Flail of the Ascended and man, this build is fun as gently caress. Not very far as I'm a casual switch dude, GR 53 maybe but just finally got the flail last night after many cube upgrades and it's just quite fun.

Probably not a top tier build but it just feels like you're playing a guided missile. Got roland's and captain crimson, running piro mirella in my cube and a topaz in my helmet for even more reduced resource cost.

Edit: does anyone know if Shield Glare with Flail of the Ascended and the wrath rune would proc the resource generating attack needed for bastions of will? Not sure what my ring setup should be. Either that or something with Justice Lantern. Still farming for stuff.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 10, 2021

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
WotW has spoiled me. Every other class build seems so...slow. And being able to do T16 without even trying...I have more Hellfire amulets than I know what to do with.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

necro masquerade is insanely fast at doing t16s as well, and ive hit GR100 without any real gear upgrading.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Whispering Grass posted:

is there an active d3 goon clan besides the LLJK channel? sorry if I missed it, didn't see anything in the first couple pages of the thread

Joining the Discord server is your best bet.

https://discord.gg/xXmXDDjxVc

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cobalt-60 posted:

WotW has spoiled me. Every other class build seems so...slow. And being able to do T16 without even trying...I have more Hellfire amulets than I know what to do with.

I used to feel that way. Then we got Patterns Of Justice for Monks, and it's even faster.

And then we got Gears Of The Dreadlands for Demon Hunters. Now POJ Monks feel slow, and WW Barbs aren't fast at all.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Buff chicken bomb u cowards, the best, most beautiful and fastest build.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm just running around with a very silly Tal 6/Firebird 4 build because I enjoy being unkillable more than I enjoy doing actual damage.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
getting in for this season. Ran a barb up to 70 for WW since it is old faithful for me. Leveled a Sorc up and equipped her with firebird but I am not sure if that is for me. Was thinking about doing a crusader since i've never played one. I do see that no matter how strong you are that basic physical range enemies will cut your HP away like you have no armor still.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
P1500 and these dropped tonight.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Got my first primal this season on my WW barb, and it was a stormshield

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

bubbapook posted:

The quintessential Diablo experience.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Junk primals should really give you 50 souls instead of 15 for smashing them. Losing to the RNG = you get at least 1 free reforge out of the deal.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

P1500 and these dropped tonight.

I had no idea you could keep leveling gems for the augments. I thought it was literally 30, 40, or 50 depending on the item you’re augmenting. This changes everything.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bubbapook posted:

Oh man, I'd be stoked to get that.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
I can see why people like hardcore, to some degree. Just broke through GR 70 on my season 23 DH and it's basically a matter of who touches who first in terms of how easily i can die.

That said I will not be playing hardcore.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I was thinking of picking this up again for some mindless fun...while I get it's mostly personal preference, what are people finding fun thsi season?

I haven't played in a few years but I did enjoy crusaders and wizard builds

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Depends what you want to do I guess. I don't know about crusaders but this year wizards are all firebirds with mirror images.

WW barb and GoD DH are both pretty fun and easy to play.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Star Man posted:

Oh man, I'd be stoked to get that.

That Pig Sticker would be amazing on my shotgun Crusader! Especially once I ever figure out how to properly use him.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

What build rolls off weapon damage stat?

Oh yeah, zdps exist.

Kaustik fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 11, 2021

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Thorns too.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

That Pig Sticker would be amazing on my shotgun Crusader! Especially once I ever figure out how to properly use him.

You'll want to aim for norvald's set for pretty much all sader builds

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
What is the Pig Sticker effect, and why do I see the weapon pop up in builds? Doesn't seem that impressive.

Finally got Mundunununu's Set, and it is impressive. Not having to charge unprotected into groups just to activate my Soul Harvest damage reduction is a big plus over Helltooth.

I wonder why they never went back and updated/buffed any of the legendary gems. BotTrapped and BotStricken being in 90% of builds is sort of repetitive, but with the numbers so high, percentage-based buffs are the only meaningful ones. There's 10 or so I've never used at all.

I thought I'd given up on wizards, but "here's a set based on Teleport and Disintegrate with the fiddly bits filed off" will bring me back. Especially now that I can blow 400+ Forgotten Souls and 3k+ shards trying to get the perfect Trifecta (ancient wep/cubed wep/OH); that's where I've given up on Wiz (and crusader, for that matter), every other season, once I get sick of farming DBs.

Really, the game is so much more fun. Coming back from a rift with 80+ DBs; split-farming max tier with multiple classes, pushing wherever I want in GRs, never running out of mats.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

GTJustin posted:

You'll want to aim for norvald's set for pretty much all sader builds

Oh yes, I’ve already got a decent one of those. I just read that for shotgun you want the pig sticker due to its insane attack speed.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cobalt-60 posted:

What is the Pig Sticker effect, and why do I see the weapon pop up in builds? Doesn't seem that impressive.

The Squeal effect is just a sound effect, and one I frankly find too annoying to ever use but that's me. Pig Sticker shows up in some builds because it has a very fast attack speed and the bonus damage to humans and beasts which is free damage against some enemies.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
And it rolls a bonus main roll so it just has extra abilities so you can get some wild rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Are there any crusader sets worth playing with? I feel like have run every class in past year or so except crusader.