Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Raising my children on the flawless Mad Max films series as God intended, because all other film fandoms are weak poo poo for pathetic nerds whose entire existence is wrapping your dickless, spineless, wormlike self into knots trying to create apologies.

e: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThatsOurMongo/status/1330650551567196164?s=19

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Richtershorn :v:

When you remember a word in your second language but have no idea what the German equivalent is

Happens to me constantly and it's insanely annoying.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time holy poo poo

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Antigravitas posted:

When you remember a word in your second language but have no idea what the German equivalent is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhhrUuw2N8

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Groda posted:

Here in Sweden there's an enormous subculture based around classic American cars and 50-60's youth culture.

Every Saturday they drive up and down Stockholm's equivalent of the main drag. Half of them are driving the 70 year old American equivalent of a 2003 Kia, that they've restored at ridiculous cost. Like the kind of thing you have pictures of your parents' families driving to Yellowstone in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A6050vJXgY

e: this is the ideal of punk rock. you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
e2: rip böna

axolotl farmer has a new favorite as of 09:10 on Apr 13, 2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Letmebefrank posted:

Luckily the Dutch fries "mayo" is completely created from petroleum industry run-offs. No actual eggs involved.

When you think about it, petroleum is not exactly vegan either. It's processed dead ancient fauna.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Raising my children on the flawless Mad Max films series as God intended, because all other film fandoms are weak poo poo for pathetic nerds whose entire existence is wrapping your dickless, spineless, wormlike self into knots trying to create apologies.

e: wrong thread

There is no wrong thread in which to post this

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Paladinus posted:

When you think about it, petroleum is not exactly vegan either. It's processed dead ancient fauna.
Yeah, but the fauna sources are overwhelmingly plankton and I'm not sure they "count" like chickens and cows and fish.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Groda posted:

Here in Sweden there's an enormous subculture based around classic American cars and 50-60's youth culture.

Every Saturday they drive up and down Stockholm's equivalent of the main drag. Half of them are driving the 70 year old American equivalent of a 2003 Kia, that they've restored at ridiculous cost. Like the kind of thing you have pictures of your parents' families driving to Yellowstone in.

You can’t mention raggare in an American-dominated forum without at least mentioning their interest in the confederate flag: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Paladinus posted:

All the ancient fauna signed a contract before the meteor impacted saying it was ok to eat them, I got a copy in my vegan welcome pack

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYn4GE2M_ss

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Are we still doing fish-hat memes?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RFC2324 posted:

you know that drag kings are a thing, right?

like, drag does not mean a man dressing as a woman

I didn't know that. Thank you. I apologize.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Milo and POTUS posted:

You're more embarrassing than the bike hating weirdo

You can choose to not be embarrassed by me, so long as I’m not your fault.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Elviscat posted:

That's very true, but if you just say "drag" I think of drag queens since that's the more dominate aesthetic culturally.

I thought it mean like drag racing on the account of the shape and because "chicken" is a genderless word over hen or rooster

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thinking about this meme and lolling irl

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

zoux posted:

They radiate happiness :haw:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SpacePig posted:

I didn't know that. Thank you. I apologize.

No need for apologies, we all learn. The only day thats wasted is one where you don't learn anything, so thats out of the way for today 🥰

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

zoux posted:

Not bad... nice

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I thought about it and lol’d then remembered the bottom right actor died

Then I lol’d more :twisted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
this loving rules

https://twitter.com/TomStheVoice/status/1381804583131963392

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's just the actual cutscene I dunno what's so surprising.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:vince:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

OwlFancier posted:

That's just the actual cutscene I dunno what's so surprising.

There's a red filter on it, hard to miss I know.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://twitter.com/cheembeam/status/1381669042772193283?s=21

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel much better about my terrible driving watching that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OwlFancier posted:

I feel much better about my terrible driving watching that.

It's fake, so you shouldn't.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best parallel parking video for just how Scottish it is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1006865/Lads-jeer-cheer-womans-15-minute-attempt-parking-car.html

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

i grew up on the outskirts of palm springs and we regularly had triple digit summers. The best part is watching the snow birds die while you walk down the street in sandals the thinnest shorts possible and the shirt you have to put on to go into the meximart draped over your shoulder. the worst part is all the moles you have to get checked out because you are white and shouldnt be allowed to live below a certain latitude.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

snergle posted:

i grew up on the outskirts of palm springs and we regularly had triple digit summers. The best part is watching the snow birds die while you walk down the street in sandals the thinnest shorts possible and the shirt you have to put on to go into the meximart draped over your shoulder. the worst part is all the moles you have to get checked out because you are white and shouldnt be allowed to live below a certain latitude.

Just wear a loosely fitting white linen robe that shields your skin and something to protect your head from the sun, you'll be cool and safe like this dapper dude:

Odd how you Americans don't know how to handle the sun, you'd think dressing sensibly would be a White Person thing

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Ehhhhhhhh, dude looks pretty white to me.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

barbecue at the folks posted:

Just wear a loosely fitting white linen robe that shields your skin and something to protect your head from the sun, you'll be cool and safe like this dapper dude:

Odd how you Americans don't know how to handle the sun, you'd think dressing sensibly would be a White Person thing

This is a pro strat for any temperature over 25 degrees really. Loose fitting robe is awesome. Be prepared to get looks and comments though. (My usual answer is "who designed the better clothes for hot weather, the desert people or the snow people?")

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Irish!

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Living in Florida, I've honestly wanted to try to wear something like this, but I don't know how to do it without it being cultural appropriation.

Spud Springs :colbert:
slinky spuds?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

BonHair posted:

This is a pro strat for any temperature over 25 degrees really. Loose fitting robe is awesome. Be prepared to get looks and comments though. (My usual answer is "who designed the better clothes for hot weather, the desert people or the snow people?")

They're super comfy, at least in a dry climate. I was trying to make the joke that even a white dude dressed like that in Arizona would probably get shot pretty quick.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I basically live in the little middle east part of Copenhagen, and I only get comments from white guys when I'm wearing a robe, despite being super white. My old regular butcher called me Moroccan once when I had my woollen robe on though, but he didn't seem at all offended. I don't think the robe as such has that much cultural significance, it's just kinda regular clothes.

Wearing it to the royal theatre though, with all the old white people? You're gonna get Looks.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

the robe would of worked fine but I was comfortable in my this linen shorts and no shirt with sandals. It isnt a comfort thing so much as its a I was a dumb kid who hosed up my skin and why the gently caress didnt anyone stop me thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

pseudorandom posted:

possums and possums and possums