Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Remember last year when a cnn reporter was arrested for being black near a protest and how surprising and outrageous it was that cops would be that on the nose about it?

Lol

They arrested tons of media, that was just the most blatant case.

They purposefully targeted a lot more for pepperballs or batons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naramyth posted:

Aren’t you in that 5% if you are poo poo posting on a dead comedy website (or hell just being on Twitter)?

Real "the poor have refrigerators" vibes here

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Stultus Maximus posted:

And yet there are always shitposters to comment that population control is the real solution. :thunk:

yeah i mean just get rid of the other 50%, obviously

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Naramyth posted:

Aren’t you in that 5% if you are poo poo posting on a dead comedy website (or hell just being on Twitter)?

I haven't found the number for 5% but wealth for global 1% is ~$850,000 and 10% is ~$90,000.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Bad day for ANA

Good thing we're pulling out by next month in compliance with the Doha Agreement.

Official timeline shift announcement tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1381993789888331781?s=19

Edit: and speaking of foreign morasses that are impossible to get out from

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1381998113364262912

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 13, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Never forget :patriot:

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I haven't found the number for 5% but wealth for global 1% is ~$850,000 and 10% is ~$90,000.

That's low. Not saying wrong but still. Thanks for info.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Real "the poor have refrigerators" vibes here

maybe the shouldnt

That was more of a “Western culture is killing the planet” but like recycling or folks in rural areas who need cars it’s not personal choices that are going to save the planet.

Well maybe stop eating beef if you have the means to do so. vote with your wallet and also vote out anyone who is pro cattle subsidies.

also eat the rich

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

love that deadline. 20 years oughta do it

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I spent 19 years and 7 months of my military career with us at war in Afghanistan. That sure is a number.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/laraseligman/status/1382007680840110081?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Excuse me for Donnieposting, but this whole statement is like a positive :psyduck: and he was president for four years.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1381990673440768001

"Vaccines are awesome, please get them, the pause is Biden's fault, and it's all a Pfizer conspiracy because they made me look bad."

I unironically endorse the government paying for the stupid idiot to cut a bunch of ads to play on a loop in the Fox News Primetime.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That's surprising

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

That Works posted:

That's surprising
I assume the Fox News/Whatever right wing bullshit news source headlines will be "Biden Unconditionally Surrenders to Taliban"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

stealie72 posted:

I assume the Fox News/Whatever right wing bullshit news source headlines will be "Biden Unconditionally Surrenders to Taliban"

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1382018661653872640?s=19

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1382017452842881024?s=19

The general animating principle of the Biden Administration right now appears to be "do popular stuff", so they might, *might* actually follow through regardless of the what the chucklefucks say. Chuddy types wanted out of Afghanistan for a while.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/MaraGottfried/status/1382018254550392832?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I really wish the Feds would start laying down Civil Rights charges over this, this really does ring like a lot of the police brutality from the Civil Rights era.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

I really wish the Feds would start laying down Civil Rights charges over this, this really does ring like a lot of the police brutality from the Civil Rights era.
Pssht, who among us hasn't confused our taser for our gun and shot a guy over a minor traffic infraction. . .

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

At the very least she should be facing criminally negligent homicide.

Her resignation letter included the line "I loved every minute". What a piece of poo poo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't believe it. I've been told that too many times before by 4 god damned presidents.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

facialimpediment posted:

The general animating principle of the Biden Administration right now appears to be "do popular stuff", so they might, *might* actually follow through regardless of the what the chucklefucks say. Chuddy types wanted out of Afghanistan for a while.

Literally the only people I see agitating to keep the forever war going are elected officials who get MIC money or people in the MIC. Even my local chud Facebook news comments want to bring everyone home, albeit for vastly different reasons.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1382027680346935296

During the presser the police chief walked off, was basically told by the Mayor "uh... you should be answering a lot more questions" and the police chief came back. He, the department, and the city made sure that none of the local media were in the room asking questions (because they'd ask the correct ones) and they couldn't even handle the softball versions from the national media. Whoopsiedoodles, killed another black person!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 13, 2021

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
A

C

A

B

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Must be rough to "resign" and probably get your full pension and all that after some minor little mishap like shooting an unarmed black guy.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Hekk posted:

I spent 19 years and 7 months of my military career with us at war in Afghanistan. That sure is a number.

lol. I was in second phase on Parris Island for 9/11, so it was almost literally the "War Were Declared" bit from Futurama. Extremely cool to spend my full six dealing with Iraq and Afghanistan; twenty's gotta be a treat.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Serious question: Is it standard procedure for police to keep their firearms in condition 0 when they're working? It seems like having to actually chamber a round would be a good way to prevent a) uncool things like negligent discharges, and b) loving killing somebody with the wrong goddamn weapon.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Eason the Fifth posted:

Serious question: Is it standard procedure for police to keep their firearms in condition 0 when they're working? It seems like having to actually chamber a round would be a good way to prevent a) uncool things like negligent discharges, and b) loving killing somebody with the wrong goddamn weapon.

A gun without a bullet in the chamber is just an awkward club. If you are openly carrying a firearm for defense it better be ready to go on the draw.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Naramyth posted:

A gun without a bullet in the chamber is just an awkward club. If you are openly carrying a firearm for defense it better be ready to go on the draw.

And let's be honest: We need to remove guns from normal police. They've proven they are incapable of having the discipline or self-control in handling a firearm.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Eason the Fifth posted:

lol. I was in second phase on Parris Island for 9/11, so it was almost literally the "War Were Declared" bit from Futurama. Extremely cool to spend my full six dealing with Iraq and Afghanistan; twenty's gotta be a treat.

Hope you at least got the discount on the ham gum

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Naramyth posted:

Yeah this is true, and I heard the same thing in Iraq, but it seems like a traffic stop on an American citizen isn't exactly the same thing as a cordon and search.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naramyth posted:

But the cops carry it for offense, not defense

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Hope you at least got the discount on the ham gum

All I got was a GI Bill overpayment I had to give back after spending it :(

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Naramyth posted:

Anti-Israeli draw?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I use the Middle Eastern technique like my buddy Ocelot

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lmao Jerry Lee Lewis up in the corner

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

i love every bit of this. lmao at jealous doj snoops.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

If he makes good on this, I'll stan him forever for it. If Trump had done it, I would've too dgaf

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CommieGIR posted:

And let's be honest: We need to remove guns from normal police. They've proven they are incapable of having the discipline or self-control in handling a firearm.

This won't happen without open and concealed carry going away, and that won't stop criminals and mass shooters from breaking the law and using guns anyway, and as the response to protests nationwide have proven, when you remove lethal force from the equation and provide LEO with an abundance of less-lethal options, they use the less-lethal options to lethal extents and extremes, like braining someone with a tear gas canister at close range or purposely shooting pepperballs and rubber bullets at no-go areas.

This is a Pandora's Box that cannot be closed by one single action.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Seems like the solution would be to abolish the police then