Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Jamesman posted:

Can everyone please tell me your favorite VLP you've ever watched? Preferably ones still available online to check out for myself. Thank you.

Mr Swoon's Night Trap playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Faerie Fortune's playthroughs of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Is there a good Code Vein VLP out there, preferably with bayonets and the player not being a complete weirdo?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Dan, grace and circlmastr playing wheel of fortune and jeopardy

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jamesman posted:

Can everyone please tell me your favorite VLP you've ever watched? Preferably ones still available online to check out for myself. Thank you.

Lunethex and co.'s LP of the Syphon Filter series. I was laid up in bed sick for a week and binged the PS1 trilogy over like 3 days. There were so many moments where I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got a good lp rec for the old Master System Mickey Mouse games, Land and Castle of Illusion? Particularly Land.

NVM

Head Bee Guy posted:

Also no Britons/Aussies.

What the gently caress.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 10, 2021

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Can anyone recommend good citybuilder/sim/tycoon/management game LPs?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If you don't mind outside-SA stuff, I can recommend Flabaliki, KatherineOfSky, and two dollars twenty on Youtube.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is there anyone out there who has done good in-depth VLPs of the Shin Megami Tensei series? I'm not particularly interested in the Persona games so much, everyone and their dog has done those so far, but finding good quality LPs of the other games in the series and spin-offs is bloody hard.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I'd love a Zeliard LP. It's one of those games I ALMOST finished as a kid, but never got through the final parts of.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ignore me. i somehow missed that kaboom dragoon was lookin for VLPs. aaaaah

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Badger of Basra posted:

Can anyone recommend good citybuilder/sim/tycoon/management game LPs?

SimCity 3000 by The Deadly Hume: https://lparchive.org/SimCity-3000/

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1380629877431369732

Someone has to take one for the team and actually play this.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

SimonChris posted:

Wholeheartedly seconded.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 13, 2021

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

SimonChris posted:

:doit:

(not really because fuckin' $18? lol.)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:toxx: I got 5$ to pitch in if you do it, I'm sure these gay forums can make it happen.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
This isn't the kind of adventure game that I'm used to LP'ing.

I'm reading the reviews right now:

quote:

-Bullet impact physics are ridiculously strong when shooting the car.
-The car itself can get stuck on a small ridges.
-The car can also drive under the water.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 14, 2021

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Apparently the main character's name is James...

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

SimonChris posted:

poo poo, I've done weirder (and more perverted) games. I'd be willing to make another poor investment of time and money.

I doubt anyone would want a screenshot LP though, so I think I'd be more willing to jump in as a co-commentator of a VLP.

By popular demand posted:

:toxx: I got 5$ to pitch in if you do it, I'm sure these gay forums can make it happen.

Alternatively, I'd also get behind this idea of crowdfunding someone else.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I actually prefer screenshot LPs, you can read them as fast as you like and very few people can actually provide entertaining commentary throughout the whole lengths of a series of longass unedited videos.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I prefer SSLPs in general, but I think this one will definitely need some videos at least.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Seems like it might get into (ahem) adult content.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

malkav11 posted:

Seems like it might get into (ahem) adult content.

The Steam reviews make it very clear that it doesn't.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So not even the honest hardworking perverts who have such hopes for this game are happy with it? That's steam i guess.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

You know I've often thought to myself, while hauling 7 tons of cheese from Oslo to Berlin, "I wish I could pull over occasionally to play a little Recettear, dabble in voyeurism, and battle wolves with a handgun in the middle of a forest."

Everything about this game tells me "Yes." I'm only fearful of it not living up to the strangeness of the trailer.

ultrafilter posted:

I prefer SSLPs in general, but I think this one will definitely need some videos at least.

By popular demand posted:

I actually prefer screenshot LPs, you can read them as fast as you like and very few people can actually provide entertaining commentary throughout the whole lengths of a series of longass unedited videos.

Good to know! SSLP's are the only ones I'm experienced with. I've done some videos before, but none where I have to provide solo commentary.

I'll look into doing this, assuming nobody else is already in the process of getting it running.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Good to know I have SSLP buddies.

And yeah, I'd love to see this nonsense.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Psycho Knight posted:

I'll look into doing this, assuming nobody else is already in the process of getting it running.

It's good to know that there are still gentleman in this day and age.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I, otoh, almost exclusively watch VLPs.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

bike tory posted:

I respect that.

I'd love to cater to more people by getting in to VLPs myself. Unfortunately I'm horrendously uncharismatic.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

It's good to know that there are still gentleman in this day and age.

Far be it from me to step on anyone else's toes when it comes to doing an LP. I don't want to go dropping in and swiping someone else's opportunity.

Assuming that's what you referring to. If you meant "gentleman" in the sense that I nominated myself for an insane :toxx: request when nobody else would, then I think the appropriate word for that is "masochist" or possibly "idiot."

That said...

SimonChris posted:

Before I bite the metaphorical bullet on this: Is this truly a request anyone wants filled? As much of a laugh as we've had at that trailer, I have my doubts that the actual game will be as insane/weird/unhinged as everyone might be hoping for. That trailer is definitely specifically designed to click-bait people into buying it (assuming that the uncanny valley women fail to achieve that on their own).

Don't get me wrong. I do not mind taking a shot at this. I just want to make sure that the people backing this as a request are determined to weather whatever storm might be unleashed.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 15, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'll follow the LP.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

bike tory posted:

I also exclusively watch VLPs, but I do read SSLPs too. :smuggo:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Are you questioning my devotion?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I watch podcasts where the podcasters put up the screenshots of the LP as they discuss them.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Psycho Knight posted:

I respect that.

I'd love to cater to more people by getting in to VLPs myself. Unfortunately I'm horrendously uncharismatic.

Try it out sometime! You might surprise yourself. I've had a go at most formats at this point amd it has really helped me figure out what I enjoy doing the most. SSLP... solo VLP... group VLP... HLP...

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I watch podcasts where the podcasters put up the screenshots of the LP as they discuss them.

and this too!

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I watched a stream of Together BnB a few days ago, and it's definitely interesting, but before undertaking an LP, be aware that it's got about three plot points and then just stops and says "welp, that's early access for you, guess you just gotta do the dating stuff until we finish". So there's not much there. What IS there is probably worth showing off, and I'm contemplating doing that myself just for a laugh, but don't expect to get much closure. Also, it looks like the game runs really poorly even on top-end systems with the settings turned all the way down, so prepare for technical problems.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Nidoking posted:

I watched a stream of Together BnB a few days ago, and it's definitely interesting, but before undertaking an LP, be aware that it's got about three plot points and then just stops and says "welp, that's early access for you, guess you just gotta do the dating stuff until we finish". So there's not much there. What IS there is probably worth showing off, and I'm contemplating doing that myself just for a laugh, but don't expect to get much closure. Also, it looks like the game runs really poorly even on top-end systems with the settings turned all the way down, so prepare for technical problems.

So here's the thing: Nidoking is correct about this. In its current state, the game has maybe 2 or 3 screenshot-style updates in it.

From playing through it myself for a little over an hour. It definitely has a surreal feeling to it. I did get quite a few laughs out of what I saw.

But I don't know if that's enough to make it worth creating a dedicated LP thread for. I could certainly come back to the LP as major content patches hit, but that would create an LP which only gets maybe 1 or 2 updates every couple of months (possibly. This game could spend the next 5 years in Early Access for all I know).

As it is right now, the game is good for about 1 or 2 hours of laughs in a video format. What I could do instead of an SSLP is to use the footage I captured and attempt to create a captioned video.

Since this is the request thread, please quote this in the Sandcastle if you intend to reply to what I wrote. I don't want to clog up the request thread with more LP discussion.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Can anyone recommend a good LP of A Plague Tale: Innocence?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Requesting a VLP of Chromehounds for the XBOX 360. All the footage I can find on YouTube is 6+ years old, which makes it tough to watch what’s happening in game.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

HereticMIND posted:

Requesting a VLP of Chromehounds for the XBOX 360. All the footage I can find on YouTube is 6+ years old, which makes it tough to watch what’s happening in game.

It's been offline since 2010, so I suspect a new VLP of it would be impractical at this stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

malkav11 posted:

It's been offline since 2010, so I suspect a new VLP of it would be impractical at this stage.

The Neroimus War part of the game is offline, but the single player mode is still playable. The online mode had no bearing on the main game anyway and was kind of hard as poo poo anyway, so who cares.

Hmmm... Well, this has given me something to think about at the very least.