Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

Obamas, the hamilton guy, the face of covid, a couple of female entertainers and a pair of sports himbos. That's aimed at suburban white women.

I admittedly don't have a great grasp on the term "himbo", but Charles Barkley and Shaq certainly aren't people the term conjures, for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Pretty obvious this is a PR push targeting minority communities. Not right wingers.

seems like a pretty lovely PR push because:

Kalli posted:

Obamas, the hamilton guy, the face of covid, a couple of female entertainers and a pair of sports himbos. That's aimed at suburban white women.

although Shaq and Chuck are far from himbos lol

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah I was just thinking this. No Chud cares about any of these people. I guess Faith Hill?

Nope, she and Tim McGraw are the most well known liberals in Nashville outside the Dixie Chicks

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Baby is back with us! I very proudly volunteered for the first poopy diaper she had back in our care. I got everything cleaned up and was ready to put the new diaper on and she shat horrible green liquid doodoo all over the place.

So then I started cleaning that up and she peed on me.

Love this kid.

I imagine you always have alcohol wipes on you so your streak avoids any serious tests. And congrats! i got peed on by my son... a lot during the first few months.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
I'm happy to hear both Leper's and Ehud's family situations are working out, that is great news.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Unrelated, after a few false starts I've been playing Astroneer the last few days. I think they added just a little bit of in-game manual/guidance that was just the last bit missing to get me over the hump. PCP, Zulu, anyone else who enjoyed Satisfactory, definitely worth checking out.

e: also it's free on GamePass

Yeah I've had this on my wishlist for awhile. Good know about that in-game manual will be picking it up next sale probably.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Uh, Shaq is a legitimate role model for all people dude

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 13, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Russell Wilson is apparently involved as well

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Its Rinaldo posted:

Shaq will unhinge his jaw and disgorge Russel Wilson like a baby doe 15 minutes in.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is it Shaq or Barkley that all the current NBA players are sick of? Or is it both?

But short of Trump I don't think there's any person that appeals to Republican anti-vaxxers. Maybe that country singer who was caught using the N word? Ben Garrison?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I will only watch this if Shaq and Sir Charles go Lady and the Tramp style on a 10-foot long party sub.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

Gotta reach out to the scam supplement demo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, you aren't trying to get chuds, you're trying to get all those suburban white women who've been absorbing anti-vaxx stuff off and on for 30 years and all the minorities who are, for drat good reason, really distrustful of the government / doctors.

Also I use himbo purely as a term of endearment, for fucks sake, I like Gronk. Shaq is beloved, Chuck's been great, though I think his act has gotten stale. Himbo just means the overlapping of the venn diagram of dumb, affable and hot, and while they're too old and thick for the last, they definitely spent 20 years qualifying.

I mean, if you wanted to peel off that small chunk of approachable white republican types, you'd have to convince some nascar guys, the Dirty jobs dude and like, I dunno, the CEO of a fast food chain to make your PSA. It's a real shame R Lee Ermey died. The PSA could just be him yelling at all you numbnuts to go get vaccinated and a bunch of dudes would do it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

I mean, if you wanted to peel off that small chunk of approachable white republican types, you'd have to convince some nascar guys, the Dirty jobs dude and like, I dunno, the CEO of a fast food chain to make your PSA. It's a real shame R Lee Ermey died. The PSA could just be him yelling at all you numbnuts to go get vaccinated and a bunch of dudes would do it.

An evangelical pastor, lou dobbs, larry the cable guy, and garth brooks.

e. and sarah palin. Throw in the former papa johns pizza guy too

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 13, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

An evangelical pastor, lou dobbs, larry the cable guy, and garth brooks.

Yeah, I'm trying to pick off people who aren't anti-vaxx which probably strips off most of the evangelical pastors, but yeah.

Probably not Larry the Cable Guy though... what about the drunk one, the Tater Salad dude. Ohhh, or the racist puppet guy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

haha yeah the racist puppet guy is perfect

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Is it Shaq or Barkley that all the current NBA players are sick of? Or is it both?

But short of Trump I don't think there's any person that appeals to Republican anti-vaxxers. Maybe that country singer who was caught using the N word? Ben Garrison?

shaq legit sucks on tv, chuck is kinda dumb but he's also funny. not that there's any great comparisons in the nfl world but maybe like the funny guys on the fox pregame show (terry, jimmy, strahan)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i don't think you can be an old himbo either. look at fabio for instance.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
When did himbo become the accepted term there? It makes sense, mind you, but it was mimbo on Seinfeld...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

hifi posted:

shaq legit sucks on tv, chuck is kinda dumb but he's also funny. not that there's any great comparisons in the nfl world but maybe like the funny guys on the fox pregame show (terry, jimmy, strahan)

The game seems to have just passed Shaq by at this point and he’s too stubborn to admit it/learn the new ways so he occasionally winds up showing his whole rear end on TV. He seems like a pretty good guy all around though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

When did himbo become the accepted term there? It makes sense, mind you, but it was mimbo on Seinfeld...

Want to step into a time machine into the 90's?

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/hunks/

Also I just love this url.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

fartknocker posted:

Himbo rolla of the tongue way better. I think it started around the time that Thor was a himbo in the new Ghostbusters and really took off in the last year

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol my friend just sent pictures of his shiny new bath and shower he paid a pretty penny to have installed, and hoo boy now I feel loving great about my first time silicone job I did on my crusty old shower several weeks ago. He is piiiisssseeeedd.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Want to step into a time machine into the 90's?

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/hunks/

Also I just love this url.

:laffo:

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Himbo rolla of the tongue way better. I think it started around the time that Thor was a himbo in the new Ghostbusters and really took off in the last year

Makes sense. :hmmyes:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Baby is back with us! I very proudly volunteered for the first poopy diaper she had back in our care. I got everything cleaned up and was ready to put the new diaper on and she shat horrible green liquid doodoo all over the place.

Love this kid.

Pissing and making GBS threads all over you, while you want nothing but the best and happiest outcome?

Man your years as a Miami fan have truly prepared you for being a dad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Getting you all prepared.

Tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of the first airing of 22 Short Films About Springfield.

Get ready to see some Steamed Hams memes.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to pick off people who aren't anti-vaxx which probably strips off most of the evangelical pastors, but yeah.

The televangelists now are a lot of prosperity gospel types and to evangelicals the prosperity gospel is a path straight to Hell.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

Gotta reach out to the scam supplement demo

You want somebody who is well versed in convincing people to put chemicals in their bodies

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The dirty jobs guy would somehow end up saying people working for minimum wage need to earn the vaccine and it shouldn’t just be given to them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1381814656759521282?s=19

I am sure this will hold up

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

bobjr posted:

The dirty jobs guy would somehow end up saying people working for minimum wage need to earn the vaccine and it shouldn’t just be given to them.

What's his deal? I saw a post of his my cousin liked or commented on and it was a mile long. He copy/pasted what looked like an entire 30-minute interview transcript (obviously didn't read it).

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ehud posted:

Love this kid.

Confirmed Jets fan

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dango Bango posted:

What's his deal? I saw a post of his my cousin liked or commented on and it was a mile long. He copy/pasted what looked like an entire 30-minute interview transcript (obviously didn't read it).

He isn't a straight up CHUD, just believes people should be willing to work poo poo jobs for minimum wage while ignoring that most the jobs he covered were highly specialized and the compensation is far more than minimum wage.

He is the type of guy who would tell you to just skip the cup of coffee in the morning and your student debts will disappear.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Angels have to break through eventually right?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ohtani's arm is gonna fall off eventually.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pitching will inevitably be our downfall

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I refuse to believe that anyone at point ever considered Charles Barkley hot.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

He isn't a straight up CHUD, just believes people should be willing to work poo poo jobs for minimum wage while ignoring that most the jobs he covered were highly specialized and the compensation is far more than minimum wage.

He is the type of guy who would tell you to just skip the cup of coffee in the morning and your student debts will disappear.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0TnfhGFUmQO69094wl9LsI?si=lLWvHDR-T_WG50GKpLg9Lw

If you don’t have Spotify check out episode 64 of Citations Needed.

Mike Rowe is the propagandized charming face of hard work and punitive austerity.

gently caress Mike Rowe.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Baseball stats like this always make me giggle because those teams will play that many games in the next 2 or so weeks and there’s still like 6 months of baseball left and ~150 games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Baseball stats like this always make me giggle because those teams will play that many games in the next 2 or so weeks and there’s still like 6 months of baseball left and ~150 games

That's true but this still hasn't happened 10 games in like, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
modes please change my name to SHOWBIZ/Movies/hunks