Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

HootTheOwl posted:

Giving us 4 days to create and sell an NFT of it first.

I don't think there's ever been anything stopping someone from selling an nft to something that already had another one, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

starkebn posted:

I don't think there's ever been anything stopping someone from selling an nft to something that already had another one, right?

There isn't, especially when the NFT isn't even a url to the thing, it's a url to a thing that points to a thing, if I understand how stupid this is correctly.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
an nft is just a claim to a special prime number that a certain number of computers agree to honor

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

starkebn posted:

If I put "Ownership of this [url] belongs to Starkebn" on the blockchain and then mail you the hash even if I'm wrong about what an NFT is who's going to loving know?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Are there going to be any good 4/20 NFTs? Asking for a friend.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

withak posted:

Are there going to be any good 4/20 NFTs? Asking for a friend.

Has Musk done one? Sure he will get highdea to do one.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Just dial 912 to disrupt the emergency industry and get gig EMTs, Fire, and police.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

MorrisBae posted:

There was that story years ago from an EMT saying he was called to a car accident, and a guy with his brain protruding from his skull was screaming “don’t take me to the hospital, I don’t have insurance!”

normal country

A couple of years ago my wife and I were out of town visiting family. One night she had some horrible abdominal pain, it got so bad we had to call an ambulance. At 2am they show up, we load her in, go to the emergency room where she sees a couple of doctors including a gynecologist and they ran a couple of tests including an ultrasound. In the end it turns out it was a kidney stone which she proceeded to pass right there in the hospital.

All turned out well but we were really dreading the eventual bill. It came in and it was about $275 because we were in Sweden and things are reasonable and humane there.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
my kidney stone back in september cost me $0 total. the ambulance cost me $45 but i used my hcsa to pay that. :canada:

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
my three kidney stones cost me $0 because I didn’t want to go to the hospital during our local COVID peaks

I’m lucky they all passed writhing* 6-8 hours.

*this was a typo of “within” but also accurate

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

Lazyhound posted:

my three kidney stones cost me $0 because I didn’t want to go to the hospital during our local COVID peaks

I’m lucky they all passed writhing* 6-8 hours.

*this was a typo of “within” but also accurate

my friends dad bought a hot tub and a case of mike's hard lemonade because his doctor told him it was cheaper than a hospital bill would be.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/carseatarmrest/status/1381336765659803651

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is this a pre-planned gently caress up or spur of the moment gently caress up?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

when the royalty want to gently caress people up they can do so with or without planning, even posthumously

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They're just trying to quell his ghost so he won't come back as a deadly virus like he wanted.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/SvenBPM/status/1380316323251642372

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

Ok google, well I definitely wasn’t looking for that but you win cause now I’m curious

the answer is actually funnier than the suggestion:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rutibex posted:

the answer is actually funnier than the suggestion:

ok, so im not saying hitler was a good guy, im just saying he had a few good ideas, ok?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm going to start a rumor campaign to make people think Hitler invented those floppy inflatable man things you see at car lots.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smaller than life is an ominous phrase

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

smaller than life is an ominous phrase

it ain't no passing craaaaze

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Just tell them your name is '; drop table patients;

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Dr. Null will see you now

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Change your license plate to ‘ ; drop table * ; before facebook takes over the DMV and all other government functions

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

new type of beef dropped

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1381804144344903682?s=20

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

"and that process is still full of misteaks"

:vince:

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Don't mind me, just going to execute this data on the blockchain. I am very smart and know what my words mean.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

FFT posted:

"and that process is still full of misteaks"

:vince:

Yeah how the gently caress is Steak-umm this good at the internet?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

withak posted:

Yeah how the gently caress is Steak-umm this good at the internet?

this is what happens when getting a phd in philo or something like that leads you to a career in brand management for a company that sells frozen beef sheets and you're real loving mad that that's your job while science in the popular consciousness is a guy out there repping with takes like this one

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hate the steak umms with my life!

The Oldest Man posted:

this is what happens when getting a phd in philo or something like that leads you to a career in brand management for a company that sells frozen beef sheets and you're real loving mad that that's your job while science in the popular consciousness is a guy out there repping with takes like this one

smarty science man should stick to his field of expertise.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

steaks account is very correct

is social media manager the best job you can get with a philosophy phd or something?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Oldest Man posted:

oh dear god

Neil darling, stay the gently caress away from history

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
drat, Steakumms has had enough

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

steaks account is very correct

is social media manager the best job you can get with a philosophy phd or something?

Unfortunately, that's about how much our society values intellectual pursuits.

There are good jobs, but far fewer than there should be and most are just in academia making even more philosophy phds

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Oldest Man posted:

I love this take, not only is it factually incorrect in like three different ways its tacitly assuming that Spanish-style colonization is the goal of civilization

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The Oldest Man posted:

holy poo poo does he know nothing of the historical spanish slave trade of africans?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

holy poo poo does he know nothing of the historical spanish slave trade of africans?

its almost like having a degree in physics doesn't make you an expert in everything

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Spanish, famous for not having cathedrals

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Carl Sagan would be ashamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
*me speaking in the gentlest voice i can muster* "Neil, Italy literally did not exist back then."