Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

That's true but this still hasn't happened 10 games in like, ever

Oh no I get it and wasn’t trying to knock you/it, I genuinely love how 10 games is such a small sample size in baseball but in most other sports it’s not. So. Much. Baseball. A+ sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
A good April doesn’t mean much but if you suck in April you have basically no hope for the rest of the season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
These 13-2 Mariners are definitely headed to the WS!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Of course the Nationals at the halfway point in 2019 were one of the statistically least likely teams to win the WS and yet they did.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

These 13-2 Mariners are definitely headed to the WS!

I legit wonder if travel just hits the Mariners harder as the season goes on because of the sheer number of miles they have to travel

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I legit wonder if travel just hits the Mariners harder as the season goes on because of the sheer number of miles they have to travel

Jon Bois thinks it does.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spoeank posted:

modes please change my name to SHOWBIZ/Movies/hunks

https://store.foundfootagefest.com/products/california-big-hunks-mug

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jon Bois thinks it does.

I'm boycotting him because he is mean

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a neat cape posted:

He is, unironically, America's greatest living writer.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

a neat cape posted:

Is this because he made that mariner video?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

swickles posted:

He is, unironically, America's greatest living writer.

I love Jon Bois but you might want to crack open a few books.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

I don't think they have to travel *that* much farther than the Angels or As. I'm more willing to blame bad team management than anything else. Hey, maybe this time will be different!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Is this because he made that mariner video?

Probably the video on the 2010 Chargers

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

stop the count! :v:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to pick off people who aren't anti-vaxx which probably strips off most of the evangelical pastors, but yeah.

Probably not Larry the Cable Guy though... what about the drunk one, the Tater Salad dude. Ohhh, or the racist puppet guy.

The lady who cuts my wife's hair is her childhood friend is the template for 25-45 year old white suburban housewife with 2.5 kids. She was undecided late October 2016 (90% sure she voted for Trump twice since she "didn't trust Hillary" and was making the case that Trump really isn't so bad), and I've seen her post racist puppet guy clips multiple times on facebook, so this really does knock it out of the park.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

bobjr posted:

The dirty jobs guy would somehow end up saying people working for minimum wage need to earn the vaccine and it shouldn’t just be given to them.

He's too busy getting Koch money to speak out against $15 minimum wage to say anything about vaccines.

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1381664934916882434

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

You didn't get a multi hour documentary dedicated to your teams lifetime of failure :argh:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

He's too busy getting Koch money to speak out against $15 minimum wage to say anything about vaccines.

maybe america should stop taking a qvc guy seriously

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I love Jon Bois but you might want to crack open a few books.

I don't know, Beverly Cleary and Larry McMurtry are dead, and Pynchon may have been dead for 10 years for all we know.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Leperflesh posted:

An evangelical pastor, lou dobbs, larry the cable guy, and garth brooks.

e. and sarah palin. Throw in the former papa johns pizza guy too

For what it's worth, Palin has come out as pro-mask and pro-vaccine. Of course, this was last week and only because she has a bad case of the VID.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

For what it's worth, Palin has come out as pro-mask and pro-vaccine. Of course, this was last week and only because she has a bad case of the VID.

I would say the far right are deniers right up until they get it, but my wife has literally intubated people who were still actively rejecting the reality while being prepped. Which I guess means Palin is smarter than some people in this world? That doesn't seem right.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I wish he’d go back to QVC. He was hilarious and not actively harming anyone back then.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Rungs on a ladder with only one rung.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1382061298645676037?s=21

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ehud posted:

I wish he’d go back to QVC. He was hilarious and not actively harming anyone back then.

It is pretty wild someone who trained as an opera singer and went into TV is hailed as a working class good old boy because he got paid a ton of money to be a tourist in the world of gross jobs.

He's like an alternate universe version of Nick Offerman.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Officially a moderna man. Left home at 4 got here at 410 for a 420 appointment and now just sitting in the 15 minute waiting area

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I've spent all afternoon hearing racist puppet guy in my head holding up the habanero on a stick and saying in that amazingly poo poo accent about how he's glad americans aren't getting vaccinated so his cousins can take their jobs when they get sick.

Then he puts it down to grab the terrorist skeleton....

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I would say the far right are deniers right up until they get it, but my wife has literally intubated people who were still actively rejecting the reality while being prepped. Which I guess means Palin is smarter than some people in this world? That doesn't seem right.

I will go to my grave thinking the only reason it's universally acceptable that Sarah Palin is an idiot and some people still think Donald Trump is a super-genius is sexism. If you were to take any of Sarah's one-liners from 2008 and had a halfway decent Trump impersonator read them I guarantee you you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Racist puppet guy is Jeff Dunham fyi

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Eifert Posting posted:

I will go to my grave thinking the only reason it's universally acceptable that Sarah Palin is an idiot and some people still think Donald Trump is a super-genius is sexism. If you were to take any of Sarah's one-liners from 2008 and had a halfway decent Trump impersonator read them I guarantee you you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I think sexism is a reason, but not the reason. I think Trump is seen as a super-genius is because he spent decades marketing himself as a super-genius business guy. He's had a book written for him, had The Apprentice, and had all sorts of news coverage as like the business wheeler and dealer guy. Palin showed up out of nowhere, and then proceeded to say a bunch of dumb poo poo.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Part of Trump's appeal is that he's rich and there's a large portion of Americans who think that makes you automatically superior.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well Rich and having or pretending to have the same opinions they do at least. Pretty sure they don't think Soros, LeBron James or the Clinton family are superior...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Clintons and LeBron James are not famous "billionaires."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eifert Posting posted:

Well Rich and having or pretending to have the same opinions they do at least. Pretty sure they don't think Soros, LeBron James or the Clinton family are superior...

They are rich and famous, not famous for being rich

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Peep this coverage of a Palin rally in 2008 and tell me that these interviews couldn't have come from some time in the last five years-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0

I suspect anyone on the right who's calling Palin an idiot was singing a different tune back then.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

C-Euro posted:

Peep this coverage of a Palin rally in 2008 and tell me that these interviews couldn't have come from some time in the last five years-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0

I suspect anyone on the right who's calling Palin an idiot was singing a different tune back then.

That pretty much mirrors a lot of the people that Jordan Klepper was interviewing in 2016 (and later) for the Daily Show.

I hate those people, so very much.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Once More Into The Breach is a good loving Klingon episode

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

a neat cape posted:

Once More Into The Breach is a good loving Klingon episode

I just got to the episode where every gets horny.

I laughed pretty hard.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cross post to show all y'all who try to troll me how it's actually done.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm triggered.

My wife asks me to make carbonara. I make carbonara.

It turns out, if I may be so bold, great. Pasta has great bite, perfectly seasoned, sauce has a great consistency.

Serve to loving wife, whom I love.

"Where's the cream? Honey you are just not good at making pasta."

I do not have a drop of Italian blood, but out of respect I told her that all opinions are valid HOWEVER she is bad at eating pasta; I am not bad at making it. Also if she wants pasta with cream sauce she should ask for pasta with cream sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Eifert Posting posted:

Cross post to show all y'all who try to troll me how it's actually done.

Where are the peas?