Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Hell in a cell is the ultimate superstructure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Astro7x posted:

Except this is a regular thing that they do. And when the people in the #1 contender match lose they just gently caress off and do something else, immediately forgetting about the title.

Like what are Orton or Braun going to do for the next month? Just out of feuds that don’t seem to be continuing. Will they continue to be a threat for the title? Probably not. We will get a month build to a rematch.

Well, I did say "in theory".

But yeah, I don't watch in large part because i know even when that happens its just a temporary detour from the same formula. Just in theory that's the right way to book a title picture, IMO. A champ should be defending from all directions.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in case you thought NXT would open with something interesting tonight, you would be mistaken. They are deciding to open their first real dedicated show on Tuesday with...a Karrion Kross promo.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

So in case you thought NXT would open with something interesting tonight, you would be mistaken. They are deciding to open their first real dedicated show on Tuesday with...a Karrion Kross promo.
Yes the HHH cool guy to lead the promotion to the future is going to HHH it up on the HHH show.

Any rumors of Io getting called up?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Of course they have him start the show. Granted he is the champion. If it is only a promo what a waste. If they do a promo and it leads to a match later in the show why not just kick the show off with the match?! (I would rather see not see him at all imo).

Did they ever really push it last night NXT is on Tuesday?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The only thing that would possibly interest me tonight is the Santos Escobar open challenge because I love King Cuerno. Not as much as AEW Dark though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes the HHH cool guy to lead the promotion to the future is going to HHH it up on the HHH show.

Any rumors of Io getting called up?

Triple H is fiercely denying her being called up, and she's all over the advertising for the move to Tuesday, as well as pushing it on social media, so it doesn't seem likely. But at the same time he was fiercely denying Io being called up, WWE had published a video on YouTube of her seemingly getting the traditional sendoff. We'll find out either tonight or Friday though, because I assume if she doesn't get involved in a storyline tonight or doesn't show up, she might be showing up on Friday. Since Smackdown desperately needs credible women right now (especially if the rumors are true about Sasha leaving to film new Mandalorian stuff soon is true).

It's funny because Triple H was claiming "why would she be called up, I wish people would stop assuming just because a major star loses a title doesn't mean they are heading to the main roster", when that has been NXT's MO for god knows how long. And HBK also added in "why would Io want to leave NXT, which has the best women in the company?". They did say the decision was basically up to her though. If she wanted to take time off, she was more than welcome. If she wanted another shot at Raquel, she would get one. If she wants to go to the main roster, the door is open for her. Triple H and HBK also justified Raquel winning the title as "striking while the iron is hot" and how they see Raquel as a huge attraction to the brand, and someone that will bring more eyes to the product.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 13, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

Hell in a cell is the ultimate box-like structure.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DarkstarIV posted:

Triple H is fiercely denying her being called up, and she's all over the advertising for the move to Tuesday, as well as pushing it on social media, so it doesn't seem likely. But at the same time he was fiercely denying Io being called up, WWE had published a video on YouTube of her seemingly getting the traditional sendoff. We'll find out either tonight or Friday though, because I assume if she doesn't get involved in a storyline tonight or doesn't show up, she might be showing up on Friday. Since Smackdown desperately needs credible women right now.

It's funny because Triple H was claiming "why would she be called up, I wish people would stop assuming just because a major star loses a title doesn't mean they are heading to the main roster", when that has been NXT's MO for god knows how long. And HBK also added in "why would Io want to leave NXT, which has the best women in the company?". They did say the decision was basically up to her though. If she wanted to take time off, she was more than welcome. If she wanted another shot at Raquel, she would get one. If she wants to go to the main roster, the door is open for her. Triple H and HBK also justified Raquel winning the title as "striking while the iron is hot" and how they see Raquel as a huge attraction to the brand, and someone that will bring more eyes to the product.

Are Trips and Shawn trying to break the record of most lies told in a row or something?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cerebral Bore posted:

Are Trips and Shawn trying to break the record of most lies told in a row or something?

I think he's either being sincere for once, since losing Io would be a huge hit to NXT, or he's trying to keep her callup as a surprise. Either way, if she sticks around, the only thing that is going to result from it is whatever she is doing will overshadow Raquel.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Golden Bee posted:

Hell in a cell is the ultimate superstructure.

a box-like superstructure

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Digital Jedi posted:

Did they ever really push it last night NXT is on Tuesday?

It's one of those thing where if you watch Raw there is like one 30 second promo that ends with them saying 'on a new night' o something, so blink and you'll miss it. You'd think they would advertise the gently caress out of new day, but nah, gotta cram in more of those Get Vaccinated PSAs.

I only recall them mentioning the new Tuesday time one or twice during the two night Takeover.

DarkstarIV posted:

Triple H is fiercely denying her being called up, and she's all over the advertising for the move to Tuesday, as well as pushing it on social media, so it doesn't seem likely. But at the same time he was fiercely denying Io being called up, WWE had published a video on YouTube of her seemingly getting the traditional sendoff.

I feel like every major woman that leaves NXT gets Triple H giving them flowers.... no flowers, no sendoff.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 13, 2021

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

He should give them to Stephanie. Canonically, she lost her flower a looooong time ago

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

I feel like every major woman that leaves NXT gets Triple H giving them flowers.... no flowers, no sendoff.

That hasn't been the case as of late. Mia, Rhea, Bianca, etc haven't gotten flowers or anything.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Sweater Bray Wyatt, just a wholesome dude who wants to right the wrongs he made as The Fiend, full face mode, but still never pay it off with any kind of conflict. When he loses or someone turns on him he's just like "you know what that's ok".

I like sweater mode Bray Wyatt

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

He should give them to Stephanie. Canonically, she lost her flower a looooong time ago

:mrwhite:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Another big drop in year to year viewership.

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1382064860431716357

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo: their Biggest Raw of the Year now can’t get 2.2mil viewers even for an hour

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just casually shedding one third of your viewers compared to two years ago, no biggie.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
With Gargano and Ciampa taking on "NXT Forever" roles, it's possible Io Shirai is going to do that as well.

I don't believe that, but it's possible.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Isn't the whole reason Io left STARDOM so she can be a bigger star?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

no these ratings are good actually??

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1382068894618284033

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Probably the money

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I have no idea why he thinks that about the 2019 number because it's blatantly false. Down nearly a million from 2019.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

Isn't the whole reason Io left STARDOM so she can be a bigger star?

She has a fiancé in Japan so maybe she’ll go back home after this current contract

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1382071441085005826?s=21

Shane man..,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1382071970397831170

Thurston losing it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Scott_Maxwell/status/1382018742603878405

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sigma posted:

She has a fiancé in Japan so maybe she’ll go back home after this current contract

Maybe NXT can become DARKNESS WORLD

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sigma posted:

Maybe he'll come here to pursue stardom on the grandest stage in the world, the wwe universe

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you're curious, Matt Morgan is mayor of a podunk town now. not even a big one like Kane. a podunk one.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

They got to go to the 4 Seasons Total Landscaping business??? Jealous.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Reality Protester posted:

Maybe he'll come here to pursue stardom on the grandest stage in the world, the wwe universe

Can he bring Dick Togo with him?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Can he bring Dick Togo with him?

As annoying as they have become I do not wish WWE on EVIL or Dick Togo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

As annoying as they have become I do not wish WWE on EVIL or Dick Togo

I'm gettin' there.

Ospreay first, though.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmfao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Sigma posted:

I don't think that's necessarily true anymore. She mentioned in an interview at the start of the year with either Nikkan or Tokyo Sports or so that she broke off her engagement a year or so ago when asked if she was in a relationship. She mentioned wanting to focus on her career more in WWE. Although if that's the true story or not remains to be seen, especially with there being rumors among some Japanese wrestling fans that EVIL was unfaithful.

But regardless, her contract doesn't seem to be up any time soon, as I remember Fightful reporting that when NXT moved to USA, all of the bigger name talents got new, higher paying deals.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 13, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think that's necessarily true anymore. She mentioned in an interview at the start of the year with either Nikkan or Tokyo Sports or so that she broke off her engagement a year or so ago when asked if she was in a relationship. She mentioned wanting to focus on her career more in WWE. Although if that's the true story or not remains to be seen, especially with there being rumors among some Japanese wrestling fans that EVIL was unfaithful.

But regardless, her contract doesn't seem to be up any time soon, as I remember Fightful reporting that when NXT moved to USA, all of the bigger name talents got new, higher paying deals.

they were all told explicitly there would be no raises.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He was told to go to the back of the queue except then he won the triple threat again so like...

WWE

Well it was a match that featured every single contender on raw so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

80% of the men’s locker room could make the speech from Raging Bull